• Team Aqua

2 22.22%
  • Team Magma

1 11.11%
  • Team Galactic

1 11.11%
  • Team Plasma

1 11.11%
  • Mix-up of crime syndicates (specify desired higher-ups in post)

1 11.11%
  • New crime syndicate

4 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gym Leader Activation - Sign-ups open

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default The Gym Leader Activation - Sign-ups open

In a peaceful region, every now and then a small crime happens. It's so trivial that the newspapers hardly take notice, and sometimes they're just neglected.

However, small crimes can snowball into larger, bold actions, and end up being more than just thieving bread. Now the police have to deal with phone calls that just won't stop - and almost all of them have to do with stolen pokemon, or brutal abuse. Normally, the police would catch the criminals within days at most - but now the culprits are more cunning than ever.

After many failed attempts to track down the criminals, the officers finally found a clue - one of the culprits had been careless enough to drop a badge! On the back of the badge, tiny words were inscribed: 'Team - '

In this RP, you'll be the gym leader of each town. Choose a region to your liking at the poll above, and we'll live where the majority prefers. Even if it's not the gym leaders' original home, you can still live there. Although we may end up mixing up all the regions, we still need a base background because regions like Sinnoh includes Mt. Coronet, while Hoenn has oceans.

For example, If the Unova region was choosen and you wanted to be Blue of Virdian Gym, we could remove one of the gymless cities and replace it with Virdian, or simply add the city. We could also leave the city as it is and replace only the gym. It's your choice.

8 gym leaders will be playing in this RP. I have made the poll multiple choice so you could pick the crime syndicate of your liking. *see below for special note *

Gym Leader choices - note : While it is recommended that you follow the original concept/personality of the characters, you may change their age and attitude to your taste. However, if related gym leaders like Janine and Koga were to switch ages, you must alter their relation because you can't have both Janine and Koga at fifteen and say they're daughter and father.

You may choose only one gym. You may include canon characters such as unpicked gym leaders, famous trainers, and elite4 members (plus the champion) in your story if you need details. However, they are only secondary and you must NOT take them everywhere you go. Some of the characters could be important to other RP-ers, too.

Additional Note : You can actually BE the original canon gym leader, OR make up your own. It's your choice.

Sign-up form

Questions or suggestions are more than welcome. I shall upload my sign-up form before the weekend is over.

Basic rules (I will update this later)
    1. Please participate frequently. I do not want to leave an RP unattended for weeks. If you wished to join, please help to the end. We will all take turns to post and everyone must have a turn. No double-posting, and this RP must be updated at least once a week by anyone.
    2. Romance is okay - but please keep it PG-13. You may ship characters, but if it concerns another RP's character - ask for their permission first. As long as it is PG-13, any form of love is tolerated - both heterosexual and homosexual love are allowed.
    3. You must have my permission before killing someone. I will only allow it if the story cannot continue without someone dying.
    4. No god-modding.
    5. Curses and swearing are a form of expressions - some will be tolerated BUT YOU MUST NOT SWEAR ALL THE TIME. Also, you MUST censor the curse words appropriately. For example "You cannot go f***ing around".
    6. You only have full control over WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN. You may borrow characters, but they are not all yours.

*Special Note
    1. I am going to leave the last gym leader spot open for whoever joins. When the last person signs-up, I will take the votes and make the start-up thread. I know the votes are rather scattered, but a majority is a majority, and I'm going to pick what has the most votes. If there is a tie, I'm going to send all of the RP-ers a PM for the last vote.
    2. I will be the "crime syndicate" of your choice.
    3. As for the location of the gyms, I'm going to place them randomly around whatever region is selected. However, I will notify you of the region selection, so if you'd prefer a certain city location, please notify me beforehand. If more than two people prefer the same spot, I am going to choose whoever notified me first.
    Last edited by Kyriaki; 20th December 2011 at 07:31 AM.

Yes hello I still exist. Oblivion's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Gym Leader Activation - Sign-ups open

Alright, so just to clarify, in the event that we choose a Gym Leader-in-training, we also get some minimal degree of control over the Gym Leader we're replacing?

In any case, I'd like to reserve a spot for an apprentice under Tate/Liza. Give me a moment or three, and I'll have the sign-up posted.
    Last edited by Oblivion; 19th December 2011 at 12:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    Alright, so just to clarify, in the event that we choose a Gym Leader-in-training, we also get some minimal degree of control over the Gym Leader we're replacing?

In any case, I'd like to reserve a spot for an apprentice under Tate/Liza. Give me a moment or three, and I'll have to sign-up posted.
    Yes. Since you are in-training, you may control your "master" (teacher, father, or whoever), but keep it minimal as you said.

Tate/Liza RESERVED.

Blog Entries

Name: Percival Morpheus Dolan

Appearance: The first feature of Percival that most people notice is his right hand and the majority of his right arm, which are an ugly dark brown color due to being almost coated with burn marks, because of a rather unfortunate incident involving a very enraged Charizard. Other than that, his skin is a few shades away from being considered pale, he has smooth, short black hair, and has eyes a shade of dark green. His normal attire consists of a black T-shirt with a white, hooded jacket covering it, and pants of a dark grey color. He normally carries around a black backpack with his supplies, and has a dark red belt that he keeps his Poke Balls attached to.

Personality: Percival doesn't like being around people. It's not that he's shy or anything. It's just that he sees the majority of people as complete and utter morons. He is very quick to judge, and has a variety of different ways of demoralizing and antagonizing people that he doesn't like. It's only to a choice few people that he exhibits some sort of tolerance towards, but even then, it's extremely rare that it's genuine friendship. Due to this misanthropic nature, Percival is rarely seen in a group. In his eyes, the less people he has to be around, the better.

History

Original, longer version:

Shorter, summarized version:

Pokemon
    Name: Mercury
    Species: Beldum
    Ability: Clear Body

Moveset: Take Down...and that's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Oblivion; 19th December 2011 at 02:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

@Oblivion - so you are going to go with your own gym leader creation? Accepted XDD But your history is rather long... I think I said no more than 100 words. It's okay as it is, but I would still prefer it if you summarize it in a shorter paragraph.

Blog Entries

Percival is an original character, an apprentice under the teaching of Tate and Liza. The Gym Leaders themselves are the canon, Mossdeep Gym Leaders we all know, but the apprentice himself is of my own creation.

Sorry about the backstory. It's in my nature to be as descriptive as possible, but I'll see if I can trim off a bit of the edges.

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Jakku Ebansu

Pokemon: Mareep (Cheep)
    Static
    -Power Gem
    -Signal Beam
    -Cotton Guard
    -Thunder

Appearance - Longish brown hair, and glasses. He wears a trenchcoat, with a t-shirt and jeans on underneath. He wears a worn pair of baseball boots usually, with a pair of climbing boots for climbing. He carries a large delivery satchel holding Potions and other healing items.

Personality - Jakku gets impatient easily, and bored even easier. He can be sarcastic, but he stands up for others. He hates the term evil, but he believes himself to be more like Chaotic good. He'll disregard his Mentor Volkner if he thinks he has a better way to do things. He runs everywhere.

History - Jakku was recruited into Team Rocket, aged four, as his parents were both Rocket Scientists. His parents left the organisation shortly after, and went into hiding. Jakku had to escape from Grunt Recruitment Academy, armed only with his trusty Mareep, Cheep. Cheep was 'borrowed' from a Pokemon testing lab, and they both managed to escape onto a plane to Sinnoh. Upon reaching Sinnoh, he was presented with a Trainer Case, and a list of gyms around the region. He immediately challenged Volkner, and lost badly. Volkner agreed to take him on as an apprentice however. That was four years ago...
    Not seen my artwork yet? For Shame.
    RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE, YOU IMPUDENT WHELP!
    http://jakkuebansu.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

@JakkuEbansu Good! Accepted

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, awesome idea and really wanted to join so had to make a quick sign up before all eight places are taken xD I'm going out today that's why lol.

Name: Marina Bywater

Appearance: She is 5ft 6 and of skinny but slightly curvaceous frame. She has fair skin which is usually tanned, be it by tanning or fake tan. She also dye’s her hair a slightly brighter shade of auburn-red. Her eyes are a pale blue. Her face is usually covered in makeup and false eyelashes.

An amateur teen model, she is close to fashion and regards it highly. This is reflected in what she wears. She is conscious about how she looks and would happily come late to class if she found that she didn’t like what she was wearing. She doesn’t have a set look like gothic, pretty in pink. It all depends on what mood you catch her in to see what she’s wearing.

Personality: Marina is a more reserved, grown up person due to the responsibilities she’s taken over the years. She’s acts more like a University student as living with her younger sister she’s been there for her. Nonetheless, she’s still eighteen and therefore has her party, flirty, crazy side to her, but all in good taste. Unlike her sister, she’s easy going with guys, not all in their face. Relaxed and calm is the way she goes and she doesn’t crave for attention like her sister would

History: Her father has a high job involving being an economist for a large business that operates around Hoenn, whilst her mother – a fashion designer- runs owns her own business that sells her creations called House of Fraser. Marina has many a times helped her mum as she has a keen interest in fashion and modeled many of the kids section when she was younger and some of the women’s section. She had been sociable around Sootopolis, joining swimming clubs etc. However, her real love came from the apprenticeship she gained under Wallace who she already idolized. She’s been close to him for four years. She also has a younger sister.

Pokemon

Name: Topaz
    Species: Staryu
    Ability: Natural Cure

Moveset:
    Power Gem
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Scald

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

@Chris†mas Qüeen Nice!! I like your entry!! Accepted!

Blog Entries

I'd like to reserve Sabrina, please. I'll have my sign up posted soon.
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenrodGirl View Post
    I'd like to reserve Sabrina, please. I'll have my sign up posted soon.
    Alrighty. Sabrina reserved

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks a lot.

The Killy Killy Joker Kanon Shirogane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Ciel Nightingale

- 1: Gym leader in-training - Under Morty

Pokemon: 4 moves. One ability. Nature is not required.
    - 1:Species: Gastly
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Thunder Bolt
    Sludge Bomb

Appearance - Ciel stands at 5 foot four and He has a slender build. He has black that is perfectly staight and he wears it so that his bangs are covering his left eye. His eyes are like that of pale saphires and he very pale skin. He usually wears a black short sleeved shirt with a black scarf and fingerless gloves with a pair of blue jeans. He usually carries a black umbrella to sheild him self from the sun because he hates it so much thinking its to bright.

Personality - Ciel has a mischevious spirit but he is acutally quite wise. He doesn't beleive coincidences only beleiving in fate, destiny, and the inevitable. He beleives that the moment you say that something is impossible is the very moment wear it becomes impossible.

History - Ciel is from Ecruteak city in johto. When he was little he often played in the Burned tower with alot of the ghost pokemon. He honestly never gotton why people feared ghost pokemon so he pitied them. One day he met Morty and he was so impressed by someone who loved Ghost pokemon to the point of solely training the type that he caught his own Gastly and started training under Morty at the Gym.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

@~Mokona~ Accepted!!

Wow! Five people already!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast