Start Ups Garashria: High Fantasy RP (Non-Pokemon)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Garashria: High Fantasy RP (Non-Pokemon)

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

Default Garashria: High Fantasy RP (Non-Pokemon)

This is a somewhat experimental roleplay, so please bare with me. It requires some explaination.

I'm planning on writing a series of books set in a high fantasy world called Garashria (by "High Fantasy", I mean it is a world completely spawned of Fiction, like A Song of Ice and Fire or Tolkien's Middle Earth). I think an interesting way that I could flesh out and better understand the world would be to hold a RP set in it.

The amount of information I'd have to give the players, however, in order for them to create characters that fit into the setting is... far too much, so I have decided to do away with that step altogether. I could, of course, but I think it's more fun if I try something different.

The premise is that various people in the real world (the characters played by the players, who are all humans from Earth) are swapped overnight into the bodies of people living in Garashria. They may or may not become involved in events that will have far-reaching consequences in the history of Garashria, though they will have no knowledge of such things until they are revealed (though, depending on how the characters act, they may never surface). Regardless, they will have to somehow adapt to the strange new world they now live in.

A few other details that need to be pointed out:

-This is the OOC thread. If you need to say anything OOC, say it there, please.

-The players know nothing about the world barring what is revealed to them, as they are from Earth

-The bodies that the people switch with are "random" (chosen by the GM, ie. me :P) and players have no control over that, the purpose being primarily to eschew explaination, but also to give the players a similar sense of disorientation to that of their characters

-The bodies of the players are generally very far away from each other and so, much of the rp will be played without interaction with other player characters unless they happen to meet

-The player characters may not act out of character in order to meet another player who is nearby (or to do anything else, really), as they have no way of knowing about the actions of other players IC

-The RP (and the setting in general) has a fairly serious tone, so take that into account when creating characters

-No details about the setting will be directly revealed, only through the PCs' interaction with the world

-For first posts, I will send everyone a description of their body and surroundings in a PM so they can describe how their character reacts to the environment in their first post. It might seem a bit awkward otherwise, I think.

-If you have a question about the RP, then try to PM or VM me instead of posting it in the RP, unless it has relevance to others, so as to keep the main RP on topic.

-All BMGf rules apply.

-All Roleplay Section rules apply.

-During the game, if you want to search an area, your body, etc. for items or something similar, write that your character searches the area or whatever it is and I'll tell you.

-I'm obviously taking the role of any and all NPCs

Form:

The RP has started, but feel free to send me a sign-up in a PM at any time, as it is easy to fit in new characters mid-game.
    Last edited by ImperialSunlight; 25th March 2013 at 05:18 PM.
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

Default Re: Garashria: High Fantasy RP (Non-Pokemon)

Great idea. I will sign up. Please do tell me if I messed up since this rp sounds different than normal. And that is a good thing. :)

Original name: Oliver
    Profession: He is a Archaeologist who specializes in learning about the past, people, and culture from ancient artifacts through the world. Most of his findings have been found in North Africa compared to his other findings. Went to school at the University of Wisconsin, La Crosse to learn archaeology.
    Sexuality: Loves the physical makeup of women created by god of which he believes in. His relationship towards women he wishes he could prefect but his job does not allow him to do such practice.
    Personality: A man who dedicates everything into his work. He will not let himself get distracted for a great discovery could be inches away from his feet. No one from is crew really knows how nice or mean of a guy he is since he tends to ignore them as he barks out orders. Very rarely is he not working, but when he is not, he likes to hang out at bars and drink to satisfy is pleasure. This is the only time he can get drunk. He will never turn down a good meal.
    Appearance: Oliver is 5,3 a short man and weights about 130 which can be considered light for a man his age. He has brown flat hair like dough and brown eyes. Average attractive man. His normal public clothes which he hardly ever has to wear are basic blue jeans and a random reasonable colored shirt. The guy cares nothing of fashion. His work clothes depend on where he is in the world. But no matter where he is he wears his special classes telling everyone around him that work time is on and no detraction's.
    Character History: Childhood was rough for him and he hardly ever talks about it. As a young boy he always wanted to be like a pirate and search for buried treasure. He even tried searching and digging in his backyard for loot. Funny thing is was that he indeed did find something. He found a notebook of an unknown author that his parents took from him and found out that it was worth a good 500 dollars, a reasonable amount but nothing like a pirate would of gotten. As he grew up he continued to love searching for basically anything he could find. This love thought him that he would be a good archaeologist and he indeed was.

@GlaceonLover94
    Thanks, and it's good, accepted. :D

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Brilliant Idea, love this.

Original name: Simon Hunter

Profession: Laywer (more precisely a Barrister)

Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Simon is incredibly intelligent, with an IQ of 160, and is very studious, looking over cases for hours on end to filter out the information. Being a lawyer he has an instinct to argue but usually manages to supress it, unless it involves his own values. He acts differently in the courtroom, argumentative, cruel, and pressing to the defendant, compared to real life where he is relatively kind as a man.

Appearance: Tall and lanky, at 6"2', but skinny and not well built at all, Simon has a light face, with grey eyes that stare out at everything. He has immaculate thick black hair and a small button nose. In public he usually wears his suit, a blue pinstriped affair with a white shirt underneath his his Oxford tie.

Character History: He was given a public school education, excelling in Humanities, English and Classics. He moved on to study Law at Oxford where he was top of his year. He spent two years in the Law Inns before leaving and partaking in several cases. He has never lost a case, and is viewed as somewhat of a prodigy.

Other: Anything else, if there is anything else.

@AlphaMouse
    Accepted. :)

Blog Entries

Original name: Christian Weston Chandler
    Profession (if applicable): Unemployed. Sometimes draws comics and puts them on the internet. However, since they use characters from public video games, he can't monetize them.
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Personality: The character's personality. Doesn't need to be ridiculously detailed, but they should generally have one.
    Appearance: http://www.shufflingdead.com/TotW/Interneter/Christian-Weston-Chandler.jpg
    Character History: Christian Weston Chandler was born in Ruckersville
    Other: Anything else, if there is anything else.

I need to sleep, so I'll finish later.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Original name: Tailisu Edge
    Profession: High School Student.
    Sexuality: Ambiguous
    Personality: Tailisu is an optimistic and eccentric kid. He is very good nature and is always nice to people, even mean ones. Nothing will make him break up a good friendship and even if he has a valid reason it would be very hard to do so for him. He always says weirds thing when stating something. He has certain ideals and small illusions about life. He also serves a meditator when people are both of his journeys he competeds in both Po fighting. He relaxes by drawing, listening to music and reading
    Appearance: . Tailisu is 5'5 tall with a slim figure. His hair colour is dark brown with choppy bangs and it is also a little shaggy. His most distinguishing feature is his heterochromatic eyes, his right eye is blue while his left eye is green. Couple with the fact that his face looks youngish and that he is somewhat short of his age makes people think he is yo nbunger which sometimes annoys him.
    Character History: He is just a normal high school student who lives with his parents and his older brother and sister.

@Tailisu10
    Alright, accepted.

@Tailisu10, @AlphaMouse, @GlaceonLover94, @Heroic Sociopath

The RP has started, feel free to make your first posts.

Also, this is the OOC thread. If you need to say anything OOC, say it there, please.
    Last edited by ImperialSunlight; 25th March 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Oliver twists and turns in his sleep and ends up rolling out of his bedroll, out of his tent, and into the sand. This immediately woke him up as Oliver shots up in a sitting position, banging his head against the side of the tent post. "Ouch that hurt." He said to himself. His eyes opened but could not see anything as his eyes have not altered because of how dark it was. A minute passed and his eyes allowed him to see again. What he saw shocked him immensely. He was sitting on sand. He looked straight and viewed his surroundings. He could not understand what was going on. To him it looked like he was in a desert. Oliver shook his head left and right to see if he was dreaming and reopened his eyes. He jumped back and fell into his tent. He totally did not notice that he was in a camp. He was more focused on the massive desert than where he was standing.

Oliver picked himself back up and looked around this camp he was at. It was a small camp with just a tent, a withered campfiire, a jar with a human heart in it which really scared Oliver, and a claymore. He took one step and starting to feel that the sense of touch on his body was different. He felt most of it on his face. He went to touch his face and felt a beard. Not just any beard put a goatee. His mind raced in circles around its self and Oliver then looked at his hands. They were not his hands. His hands looked pale. He continued to look at himself and found out that his entire body was pale. He had to see his face. He looked around for a mirror but there was done. He panicked and started breathing heavily. He tried to calm himself down before making ruthless decisions for that was what he was taught when he was learning to become a archaeologist.

He was glad he was taught that because he started to think smart again. "Ok, I have no idea what the hell is going on but panicking won't solve anything." He said to himself. Oliver really badly wanted to see himself, mostly his face but he kept his cool. Oliver stepped out of his camp and saw that their was a near by sea. "Perfect." He said as he made his way towards the sea. As he reached the sea he looked down into the water and he was shocked yet again on what he saw. His face completely changed. His eyes were still brown but were bigger than normal. What he really found interesting was his hair. It was very black and went down to his shoulders. He was surprised that he did not feel his hair touch his shoulders back at camp. Oliver stepped back a few feet and fell in a sitting position. He stayed like that for a good hour.

"What has happened to me? Why do I look like this?" He had so many questions going through his mind and none could be answered. Another hour passed as Oliver tried to empty his mind on everything that has happened to him. He need to stay focused. He needed to worry about his new appearance and his new location later. After awhile Oliver did just that however with a sad look on his face. "Oliver stood up and looked at the sand with his eyes closed. He then looked straight up again. "I better get some damn answers once I am done here." He said to himself. Oliver realized that his current situation was real, and that danger in a desert is still real.

Nothing is making sense to Oliver anymore and to him that is a huge deal. Oliver is all about logic and there was none to be found. He then realized that his theory was wrong. The sand still felt like sand and touch of sea water was cold and that the desert itself's at night was in a way cold. "At least the land makes sense." He said. Oliver's survival intentions clicked in his brain. "Ooo crap I am in a desert and when morning comes I am screwed." Oliver noticed. He did not check the camp the best he could for he was to concerned on his new appearance. Oliver decided to go back to where camp was and search every inch of it.
    Last edited by EeveelutionLover; 26th March 2013 at 12:32 PM.
    ImperialSunlight likes this.

@GlaceonLover94

You find a strange angelic statue concealed in a sack. It clearly is meant to represent angels as they are described in earthly fiction and religion, to some degree, but it has a sinister, unnatural tone to it as well. Your experience as an archaeologist likely tells you that it was meant for portable worship, or something similar.

You also find 5 corked vials of liquid in the bedroll. The liquid is in various colours, one a slimy green, one a bright green, one a blood red (and oddly looking as if it is flaming inside), another brown and muddy and another white and glowing like the Moon above.
    Last edited by ImperialSunlight; 25th March 2013 at 10:41 PM.

Blog Entries

A man was sleeping on a bed although it barely resembled a bed. It was made out of driftwood and straws while the house he was in was more like an old tool shed. There were various things such as a rusted sword leaning on a wall, a crossbow with some bolts nearby, an altar made out of wood, bread and money. The short red hair man is pretty short, only 5 feet tall, but he is bulky and very muscular. He is only wearing a white loincloth. His most noticeable feature was his red cat tail that could almost reach the ground if he was standing.

The man stirred as he was waking up, he rubbed his eyes as he looked around his surroundings. He had a small look of confusion. "Strange unknown location, I can remember what I did yesterday....... I must be dreaming!" He thought as he had a look of realization. He stood up and noticed that he was wearing only a loin cloth. "Weird dream." He thought. He then walked towards the room's only window and peeked through it. It looked like he was in a big city and the area he was in lookednlik some slums. " I wonder what type of city is this?" He thought as he searched around the room some more to satisfy his curiosity.
    Last edited by Tailisu10; 26th March 2013 at 12:27 AM.

As Oliver searches the camp, he finds a strange angelic statue concealed in a sack along with five corked vials of liquid hidden within the bedroll. Oliver took a great interest in the angelic statue. As a archaeologist, Oliver would be all over this stuff. He examines the statue and noticed that it was clearly made for portable worship. The vials of liquid that consisted of different colors, Oliver was unsure of. His career mostly involved artifacts not liquids. He knows several different types of liquids but in this strange place, he as no clue what they could be. It mattered not, for Oliver decided to take the liquids with him as well along with the statue. Oliver also picked up the jar with the human heart and also put it in the sack along with everything else. He has no idea what the purpose of these items are put bringing them along with him sounded like a good idea to him.

Other than the campsite itself, the only item that Oliver had a pretty good idea on it's purpose was the large two handed sword in front of him. Oliver noticed that as he threw the sack over his shoulder, he felt pretty strong. Normally he would never be able to hold all of this equipment but considering his new strength, he figured he could carry the sword as well on his back. Has he strapped the sword on his back, he was happy to know that he was right. He indeed was strong and could barely feel any burden at all. He needed to find shelter other than the camp because the morning sun will burn him to a crisp if he does not. Oliver deciding to leave the set up of the camp how it was. He did not plan to come back. Oliver stepped out of the camp to look around. "Of all the places to be in why a desert? Water was always by best friend and that has not changed. Man I'm I thirsty.

Oliver now had two problems. He needed water and shelter. Food is also another basic need that he would need but that can be looked into later. Oliver considered drinking from the sea but with all the salt, their would be no way. He needed to find a real water source out here in the desert. He looked up at the sky seeing that the moon was setting which meant the sun will soon follow. He continued looking around and spotted a massive, ancient looking building. How did he not notice this before. Oliver decided that that building would be a good place to settle for the morning as well as the afternoon. With that through is mind he made his way towards the structure.

@Tailisu10

You notice that the wooden altar depicts a woman with a chalice and a man with a sword embracing. A snake seems to be climbing up the leg of the woman.

The rusty sword, while rusty, seems stable enough to use. It looks like it used to be very regal in style and may have belonged to nobility, years ago.

Resting on the sword, you find a glazed, wooden necklace that looks like a sun cross, with wooden fire arcing through it.

That appears to be everything in the room, apart from dust and spiderwebs. You also see from your window a large, red tower, or perhaps a lighthouse, in a distant part of the city.

@GlaceonLover94

The building is very far away still. As you walk, you may notice a landmass on the other side of the water that couldn't be seen from your previous location. It seems heavily forested or jungle-like.

On the way, you encounter a strange man seeming to tend to a stall, in the middle of the desert. It is very odd. He seems to be a Nomad of some kind, a travelling salesman. He is surprisingly short and is wearing a cloak that covers most of his features. All you can make out is his fairly dark skin and odd moustache. If you check behind the stall, you can see that he has a green cat tail that is swishing back and forth in anticipation.

"Sir, you wish to buy something, hmm?"
    Last edited by ImperialSunlight; 26th March 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Oliver looks across the ocean to see a forest like landmass. Before he could even think if he wanted to change plans or not, he spotted a man in front of him not to far off in what looks like a stall which in a desert, Oliver must have been mistaken. As he neared the man he realized that he had a tail. "What in god's..." Oliver stopped himself their and once again forced himself to stay calm. The man was wearing a cloak and he could not see if the man was really a man or not. The man looked over to him and asked Oliver if he wanted to buy anything. This question shocked Oliver because of his location. He would of preferred a random man out in the desert to ask him a question like that but in a stall in the middle of the desert, that was the last thing Oliver expected for a random man to say.

Oliver stepped closer to the man and had the nerve to ask him this question. "Umm, what exactly are you?" Oliver asked trying to keep his cool.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast