Gajinka Academy OOC/Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gajinka Academy OOC/Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Skitty-Lover on Tumblr

Default Gajinka Academy OOC/Discussion Thread

Okay, discussions of the Academy. Maybe I'll make a group or something too, depends on if we need it. So...discuss.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gajinka Academy OOC/Discussion Thread

What does Principal Dreary smell like? My guess is bacon.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Uhm, ham. That's his favorite food.

Blog Entries

Oh, also, I think it'd be neat if there was a student council.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

shsl achievement hunter eridan ampora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yesss. It'd also be cool if Mortuus could kill off a few students. I'M JOKING. Sort of.
    STUDENT COUNCIL. Do it.
    :)
    im Pretty Hardcore

Blog Entries

Okay, there will be student council sign ups.

Only the bad ones.There are plenty of NPCs.

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

As I've said, Sullivan's just trying out his new form. But just because he's stoic doesn't mean that he can't be sadistic beyond anything you've ever seen to just about anyone who provokes him.

Blog Entries

So, anyway, looking back, I'm seeing a lot of symbolism in the Evan/Jett conflict.

Evan advocates self indulgence, catharsis, chaos, decadence, emotion. Jett, on the other hand, represents restraint, serenity, law, dispassion. While Evan, despite his outburst near the beginning, has recently been shown to favor cunning, Jett, in spite of his intervention during the same incident, seems to prefer brute force. Altogether, they are two sides of the same coin, yin and yang, dark and light...Angel and devil.

The idea of Evan representing Satan and Jett representing God hinges on an alternate interpretation of the Bible: Namely, that God, while somewhat benevolent, causes much suffering for humans due to his arrogance, and is thus similar to the Devil, who, while advocating chaos as opposed to gods order, is similarly benevolent, and simply has a different world view. In addition, note Luxray's similarites to a lion, which is often seen as a symbol of God, and Banette's rather demonic appearance. Furthermore, while Luxray uses lightning, which was once viewed as an act of god, Banette uses dark, sinister abilities, that rely on deception. However, there is much overlap: Luxray learns some Dark-type moves, while Banette can learn many Electric types. Here, it is important to note that Satan was once an angel himself.

Now, this is probably just a coincidence. While I don't believe in the above interpretation, I thought the similarities were very interesting. Your thoughts?

We are Assassins MrGameandPichu's Avatar

That's interesting. As much as I'm hating Jett (no offense to InfinityLuxray it's just his character) I can see how he represents god. He also has this superiority complex that Evan also has, however in a different way. Kind of how I view how the Devil and God are in a way. Both thinking what they do is the best thing.

Blog Entries

Yeah. Like I said, I prefer the portrayal of Satan as evil and God as good. However, I find the other portrayal more interesting. Neither Evan nor Jett is necessarily better; It simply depends on your world view.

Blog Entries

I do like your interpretation, but I do disagree in the god your comparing Jett to, being more like Zues (the Greek god) who's symbol is a lightning bolt, or the Roman god, who is like Zues just more warlike and with a different name. So if your comparing him to the god of the Christians and Catholics then I disagree with your view of god entirely.

Blog Entries

It's not my view of God. It's just a view a lot people have, and I simply find interesting. Anyway, when one thinks of the Christian god punishing somebody, the most common idea is them getting struck by lightning. But yeah, I do think the Greek/Roman symbolism is similarly valid, in which case I think Evan would represent Hades, who, contrary to what pop culture would have you believe, was not evil.

Blog Entries

...You mean nonbelievers who's only idea of God is what they get from movies? Now you have me curious of what your view of God is.

We are Assassins MrGameandPichu's Avatar

Don't call all nonbelievers idiots. I'm an atheist but I'm pretty knowledgeable about things religious.

Blog Entries

Yeah, and half my family are atheists, including my mother! Just because someone doesn't practice a religion doesn't mean they can't know about it. Greek mythology is a religion, but there are plenty of people who know a lot about it. I even know atheists who have red the bible cover to cover. Meanwhile, while, like I said, I consider Satan evil and God good, I'd like to point out one thing: God lied, way back in the first chapter.

In the Garden of Eden, god said that if they ate the forbidden fruit, they would die. But they ate it anyway, and they did. Now, if we accept the wide;y held belief that the Serpent was Satan in disguise, this means that while God was lying to Adam and Eve, Satan was being slightly more truthful. While God was acting for the greater good, he still lied, despite stating himself that it was a sin. Of course, it could just be a translation error, considering the huge amount of times the bible has been translated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast