Fifth Year Complications *The Anonymous and Renewal* - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fifth Year Complications *The Anonymous and Renewal*

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fifth Year Complications *The Anonymous and Renewal*

OOC: Sure. I don't have OOTP with me (I'm at school), so I'll just improvise the lesson.

The door to the DADA classroom swung open, and the class filed in. "Good morning, class," a short, toad-like woman said from the front of the classroom. "I am your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Umbridge." As the students settled into their seats, some began pulling out their books, and a few their wands, Stephen among them.

"No, no," Umbridge said, a small, satisfied smile on her face. "There'll be no need for wands in this lesson."

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everyone groaned and returned their wands. That was never a good sign.

Professor Umbridge put up the course aims on the board and told them to read chapter one in their books. Of course, Granger had a problem.

"Uh, professor?" she said, raising her hand.

Umbridge looked up, surprised that someone wasn’t reading the chapter she had told them to. "Yes, miss..."

"Granger." said Hermione. "And I have a point about the course aims; there's nothing there about using defensive spells."

"Using spells?" asked Umbridge incredulously. "Why would you need to use spells?"

*insert paragraphs where Harry argues with Umbridge, she calls him a liar, and she calls him forward*

"To be fair, Professor." said Joe. "Why would he lie about you-know-who returning?"

Umbridge looked up at him, and smiled. "You up here too, Mr..."

"Antonimous." snarled Joe, walking up to stand behind Potter. She handed them each a scroll to take to their head of house, and they walked out, Joe slamming the door behind him.

Josh looked over at Stephen inquisitively.
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

Blog Entries

Stephen shrugged. "First class on the first day..." Turning imperceptibly toward Josh, he whispered, "Why was he upset?"

Blog Entries

I think he was just pissed that Umbridge couldn't see what was right in front of her." Josh muttered back, pretending to read.

Over in Professor Snape's classroom, Joe handed him the note. Snape opened it and scanned it wuickly, before barking. "Continue with your potions, in silence." to his class, before beckoning Joe into his back rooms.

Once there, he said quickly. "Professor umbridge has informed me that you were speaking out of turn."

"i wouldn't call saying Potter wouldn't lie about the Dark Lord returning speaking out of turn, sir." Joe replied, staring into Snaape's eyes.

"Dolores Umbridge works for the minister." hissed Snape. "It would do well not to adjitate her, lest the secrets of the orded be revealed." Joe nodded, unconvinced. "She has issued you with a week of detentions."

"Bitch..." muttered Joe.

"It would not be wise to inslunt my fellow staff." Snape Murmoured. "Now, get out." Joe nodded, and did just that, planning to walk the corridores and not go back to the lesson.

Blog Entries

Stephen rolled his eyes. "You'd think being a prefect, he'd know when to pick his battles..."

Flipping idly through the pages of the textbook, Stephen was bored out of his mind; there was no practical information, just simple, bare-bones lessons. The books he read for fun were more informative than this. "You'd think Umbridge was trying to not teach us anything," he muttered to Josh, keeping his eyes on the book.

Blog Entries

A paper dove flew above joshes head and landed on his desk. Josh turned around, and saw Indigena give him a small nod. Josh undolded the dove.

Didn't you hear her speech in the great hall? It means the ministry is interfearing at Hogwarts. Fudge is afraid Dumbledore will train us to be some sort of private army, and thus Umbridge is only teaching us the knowledge, and not the practical skill.

Josh passed the note to Stephen.

Blog Entries

Resigned to a year of mediocrity and a nightmare studying for OWLs, Stephen only shook his head. "What a waste of a year," he muttered to Josh. "You think we could get Indigena to teach us DADA? Because we're definitely not learning anything from this toad."

Blog Entries

Another dove. Josh was wondering if Indigena was actually worried about getting into trouble from talking.

I am sure I can manage something, but we need to offer it to people from every house, and from every year. Give me a week or two to plan out some details, and I should be able to help.

Once again, Josh passed it on.

Blog Entries

Stephen smiled, although a thrill of apprehension undermined his excitement. They'd be learning in open defiance of Umbridge. Not necessarily against the rules, but definitely not something the toad-like professor would approve of. He scrawled a single word on the paper, before charming it under his breath to refold and fly back to Indigena.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Finally, finally, DADA ended. Josh sped out as fast as he could,, only to bump into Joe at the door.

"Great news!" they said in unison.

"You first." said Joe.

"Indigena agreed to teach us and a few others advamced Defence against the dark arts." saud Josh, smiling as Indigena herself exited the classroom.

"Awesome!" exclaimed Joe.

"Kay, now your thing." said Josh.

"I convinced Dumbledore to hold seasonal talent shows!"

Joe and Josh proceeded to happy dance down the corridor.

Blog Entries

Bemused--nearly a constant state when he was with the brothers--Stephen followed behind. "...a talent show? I hope he's not serious..." He wondered, half-serious, half-joking, what he could possibly do if there was a talent show.

Blog Entries

Indigena giggled. "They never joke about an oppertunity they get to perform." she said, as they alked towards their next lesson. "What do we have, by the way?"

Blog Entries

Stephen's throat began to clench up, as his shyness again kicked in, remembering that the brothers had left him alone with Indigena again. I am definitely not good with people, he thought. Swallowing, he said aloud, "Transfiguration, was it?"

Blog Entries

Joe and Josh waltzed back over.

"I can't wait for the talent show!" exclaimed Josh. "We're gonna rock the house!"

"And you're going to enter too, right, Indie?" asked Joe.

"I'm sure I'll find something to do." Indigena replied, before looking at Stephen. "Will you be persorming, Stephen?"

Blog Entries

Stephen looked away uncomfortably. "I've had some experience with Muggle instruments... but I'm not sure how interested Hogwarts students will like them." Music was fun and all, but he doubted whether something so mundane would really be worth performing.

Stephen's mood lightened as they approached Transfiguration; it was one of his better classes. He was no prodigy, true, but at least he had no problems keeping up. He wondered what they would be learning this year.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456