Far and Wide: Kanto Era

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far and Wide: Kanto Era

Padawan

Default Far and Wide: Kanto Era

Far and Wide
    Kanto Era

Welcome to the Kanto Region, an exciting adventure-filled region, where you, a beginning Pokemon trainer or coordinator, will begin your path to greatness. Along the way I'm sure that you will meet many different Pokemon and people. The first stop along the way will likely be Pallet Town, where you will hopefully receive a Pokemon that will be your quest-mate for the entire journey. That's all for now. There are many adventures waiting for you in the Kanto Region. Have fun!

Plot

Rules

Sign-up Template

My Sign-up/Example

Blog Entries

Default Re: Far and Wide: Kanto Era

I'll join and hopefully we'll actually get somewhere in this RP!

Name: Justin Gaines

Nickname: N/A

Appearance: Justin is about 4"9' and he has a fairly slender build, as well as a fair skin tone. His eyes are green and his hair is a dirty blonde, being styled in somewhat of a fauxhawk. He is usually seen wearing a pair of brown cargo shorts, a white tshirt, and over his tshirt; a red, white, and black short sleeved plaid shirt. He also wears a pair of red black and white sneakers.

Personality: Justin is usually a quite friendly and laid back pre-teen; loaded with a love for adventure. He is always happy to meet new people and is quite open towards others. He has always had a soft spot for Pokemon; always being quite caring and kind hearted towards them. He can't stand those that treat Pokemon horribly though(It just makes him...Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!) Despite his generally bright and upbeat personality, he feels like he's overshadowed too much by his family, trying a little too hard at times to show he can be as good of a trainer as his parents or brother. His bold and impulsive behavior also has been a drawback for him. He is also one who takes words to heart often, even holding grudges against those who upset him.

History: Justin is the son of the Ecruteak City Gym Leader: Morty, and a former top coordinator and renowned chef: Rosalina. He grew up in Ecruteak City; often watching his father fight against other trainers, thereby sparking his interest in becoming a trainer. Through his days in Ecruteak City; Justin would either spend time playing video games, watching his father battle, or traveling the area surrounding Ecruteak City(though he never went far out). He enjoyed meeting the Pokemon on the outskirts and grew to develop a very soft spot for Pokemon, playing with them on occasion and even caring for them. When his parents noticed his interest in battling and Pokemon; they sent him to a local Pokemon training school. There he learned of the reputation his family had, especially his older brother Zach who is known to be a quite powerful trainer in the region. He soon realized he had quite the reputation to live up to; trying extra hard in school and trying to prove to others he could live up to that reputation. Though he was able to learn the basics, he always fell short; being outsmarted by a couple students who constantly picked on him much to his frustration. He could never outclass these trainers and though he graduated from the school, he was left frustrated and began to wonder if he could live up to his family's reputation; though he wanted to prove others wrong. When he turned 12, his parents decided they would finally allow him to go out on his own journey. Justin didn't choose to go through Johto though, choosing Kanto instead, wanting to get a chance to meet the famous Professor Oak.

Starter Request: Cyndaquil

Profession: Trainer

Other: blazi is cool
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

I have my own Journey RP up at the moment, but I can join this one as well and would be more than willing to help you along the way. For now reserve me a spot please?
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Name:Hope Sinram

Nickname:

Appearance:Hope has long black hair kept in a braid, with her bangs hanging loosely. She has lightly tanned skin, and blue eyes. She is 5'2'' tall of thin frame. She wears a simple long sleeved black shirt, with a white hooded vest, and white jean shorts. Her shoes are black and white boots.

Personality:Hope is cheerful and kind to everyone, but takes time to get to know them before trusting them. She is always up for any kind of adventure or challenge, unless it is to dangerous. She will also scold someone for being reckless if they could have been gravely injured or killed. She is a hypocrite in that she is very reckless if a pokemon is in danger.

History:Hope grew up in the Unova region in Nimbasa City, and loved to go on the subway, to the musicals, and the amusement park. When she was nine she visited the kanto region with her parents and saw a contest. She instantly fell in love with them. When she got back to Unova she did all the research she could on contests, which was little as they didn't exist in Unova. Her uncle who lived in Hoenn allowed for her to stay with him while she studied more about them. At fourteen she decided to finally start her journey as a coordinator, choosing Kanto as that was where she saw her first one.

Starter Request:Zorua

Proffesion: Coordinator

Blazi is cool

Padawan

All Accepted and Reserved

~Roleplay Padawan~

Yeah, okay, I'll guess I'll give this a shot...

Name: Alex Santos

Appearance: Alex is quite tall for his age, standing at 6'2, with a rather fair complexion. He has a stocky, well-toned musculature due to hardy, vigorous lifestyle. Alex has shaggy light brown hair, dropping down to only just above his ears, and a pair of bright, amber eyes with hints of gray in them. He normally shoots for comfort rather than style in his clothing. Alex usually wears a red colored short sleeve t-shirt under a black sleeveless jacket. He also wears a pair of thorn off jeans and worn out, red tennis sneakers. He tops off the look by wearing a pair of black fingerless gloves.

Personality: Alex is an easy-going, collected kid, always ready for adventure. He enjoys meeting new people and is generally open towards making new friends. His appearance and initial stoicism can be off-putting or even intimidating to some, but time will soon show a lovable bundle of jaded cynicism and contempt. He's world-weary without the burden of being world-wise. Alex has always had an adoration of Pokemon, always trying to be caring, and kind-hearted towards them. It makes him sick with anger to think that there are people who abuse and treat Pokemon horribly. Alex gets in over his head with things at times, hating to be overshadowed by others. He is quite bold, sometimes even being a little impulsive, and is normally one not afraid to take risks. All in all, Alex is an upbeat, outward young man that loves to cheer people up.

History: Alex was born in Hearthome City, Sinnoh where he lived a fairly normal life, at least through most of his life. He always had a lot of friends at school and was generally liked by the people that knew him. His family being neither poor nor rich, Alex had a classic middle-class upbringing. He quite enjoyed growing up and living in the big city, he got to see all different kinds of both people and Pokémon who travelled through the city. He attended the Pokémon School in the city but after his completion of the program he just didn’t have the desire to start on a journey like all the other kids in his class, feeling as if something was wrong with him, being that he wasn’t overly fascinated by Pokémon. One fateful night, Alex's father was murdered by a member of Team Galactic, after refusing to give up his Pokemon. After this occurred the boy and his mother had to fare for themselves, something that was beginning to become increasingly hard with the loss. The incident left Alex with a sickening hatred of all evil organizations around the world.

At the age of twelve, Alex got into battling as a sport, he started watching tapes of famous trainer battles and became more interesting in traveling but it wasn't the joy of traveling it was the thing he could get. With that he prepared himself for his journey so that he could become champion not for the fame and fortune, but for the glory. Through this he worked for months to try and gain the right amount of money to last him until he was at least skilled enough to get his own money for sure and settled for leaving on his journey. Alex took a ship directly to Pallet Town, once deciding to start his journey in Kanto. As a present for him leaving Alex's mother bestowed upon him a Vulpix that he could use in battle, his first ever Pokemon.

Starter Request: Vulpix

Proffesion: Coordinator

EDIT: Oh, and did I happen to mention that Blazi is super cool?
    Last edited by ColourTheory; 27th June 2012 at 06:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Name: William Clover

Nickname: Will (But prefers William)

Appearance: William has pale skin and hair has black as night which comes down to the top of his neck and bangs that come down to just above his bright sea blue eyes. His build is rather slender he stands at 5,7. William's typical Garb consists of Gothic Dandy which consists of a Black Waist Coat with bow tied under the coller of his shirt and black pants that come just below his knees with purple and black striped knee socks and black loafers. William also wears a Top Hat with a red bow around the base and carries a purple back pack with a Genger face on it.

Personality: William is the perfect example of a glitter goth, He loves gothic litrature, movies, comics, clothing, and anything else you can think of. William is rather hyper, eccentric, and even a little annoying to a certain degree. Wiliam is also fond of cute pokemon although William's definition of cute can be considered a little strange thinking that Gastly is the cutest pokemon imaginable. William however suffers from depression and doesn't feel speacal. William also has a horrible temper and can get to the point where he he'll slap the person who get mad or verbally snap there heads off. Usually what angers him is being lied to or betrayed by a friend or someone hurting an innocent pokemon.

History: One day when William was about 8 years old, his parents took him to a Pokemon Contest and he saw how many people were there. He never seen so many people and when he asked his dad how many people were in the Contest Arena and his dad told him that its seats 2000 people. When Wiliam returned home that very evening he looked up online how many people were on the world and figured there was over 6 million people in the world. That night when he went to brush his teeth, he realized that at the time. There were thousands, if not millions who were doing the same thing as he. Because of this he no longer feels speacial. Thats when he started acting weird and gothic in order to be different from the rest of the world.

Starter Request: Gastly

Proffesion: Cordinator

Blazi is so forgetting cool!
    Last edited by Naoto; 27th June 2012 at 08:49 PM.

Axl

I'll bite. Blazi is cool.
    -----------------------

Name: Alice Fudo

Nickname: "Weirdo"

Appearance: Alice was born with an unusual feature. Naturally pink hair that she hides inside a black hoodie. She is very petite with a pale skin tone due to lack of sunlight. She has blue eyes that her father tells her she inherited from her mother. She wears a pair of black and white fingerless skirt and a black skirt

Personality: Very quiet and isolated. She is always wearing a hood to hide her face, and as a result, very few people have actually seen her face. She is very intelligent and well-read, which is shown through her mannerisms and speech. She is very polite and respectful to her elders, but her self-induced isolation and fear has caused her to grow a somewhat cold personality towards her peers, and has grown up without friends. Despite this, she has a soft spot for younger children and secretly desires to be a teacher when she comes of age. She has a fear of Poison types.

History: Her mother left at a very young age, and she doesn't have much family outside of her father. She is an only child, and due to her self-isolation, grew up alone. When she was thirteen, her father told her that she would have to go on her journey before she was sixteen, or she would be kicked out.

Starter Request: Gothita

Proffesion: Trainer/Teacher
    Just so you know, I am the epic ninja master...
    of failure! Sometime's I fail to fail ^.^'

I support Faithshipping!

Padawan

All Accepted. Since we have six members when do you say the start-up should be?

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

You should do it when you're ready.

~Roleplay Padawan~

I say by the end of the week. We have six members, once acs1903 decides to post his sign-up. That's a fair amount for a journey RP, but, if it were up to me, I wouldn't let in more than ten.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can I reserve or is that not possible? :)

Padawan

Sure, Reserved.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Jessica Holden

Nickname: Jess or Jessie

Appearance: Jessica has long light-ish brown wavy, silky hair. Her eyes are deep steel blue and her skin is between tanned and pale, so the generic stereotypical skin color for a Caucasian. Jessica is a very pretty/beautiful girl and it does help that she has no pimples and blemishes as well. She also has a nose that isn't big nor small and ditto for her mouth. She is pretty tall-medium for her age at around 5'7" and her body is that she is medium-thin and athletic, so you can tell that she is very fit for her age and strong just by looking at her. Her body is that where she has a little bit of a noticeable chest but she's developing...I guess, her legs are long which kind of adds to the athletic look as well. Jessica's attire includes a printed tunic with a low v-neckline with oversized lapels, cut-out sleeves and gathered waist with contrast tie. The print on the tunic is a light purple with a little beige mixed in with black. Under she wears shorts of the same color as well. She does wear this with black ribboned ballet flats and a light little silk scarf around her neck. However Jessica will change her outfit a lot which is mainly due to her love of fashion.

Personality: Jessica is a fashionista, she loves fashion. She knows she looks good and she knows other people will. She is also knowledgeable enough to use her looks as manipulation. However the problems of Jessica, is that she's not really smart, she lacks common sense and actually the only thing that she is intelligent in or has any sort of intelligence is tactical batting, fashion and traveling. She is a very athletic woman, she loves to surf, swim, jump, run, anything and everything to do with being active. That is mainly due to her upbringing though but she is very adventurous and she loves to travel as well because of her upbringing. She can act like a snob, she is very high maintenance which does get on a lot of people's nerves but she makes up for it in other areas. A lot of people will find her to be a snob and very stupid without giving her a chance but she tries to have a heart of gold. Also she does get very distracted when it comes to shopping and crazy daredevil stuff and is a known choker when it comes to battling.

History: Jessica is the middle child in a family of well interesting occupations. Her father was a savvy businessman which is a good reason why her family is rich from the city of Lilycove where they didn't really grow up in. Jessica's mother was a famous co-ordinator who now judges contests around Hoenn. Her sisters are very different, the youngest is very intelligent and is likely to follow on her mother's footsteps, while her older sister is a fashion model and Jessica has little resentment towards them for being smarter or prettier. Anyway her family moved around a lot of regions, a lot because of her father's work. She began to pick up stuff which led Jessica wanting to become a trainer, so she could travel by herself and make her parents proud. Also because of her traveling a lot with her family, she has picked up a lot of knowledge on the world (using a map) and also allowed her to be more active. The reason why she picked Kanto was because her family at that time was there bar her mother who was judging the Grand Festival in Hoenn, so she was ready to meet Prof. Oak and start her journey.

Starter Request: Seel

Proffesion: Trainer

Other: Blazi is cool.
    Last edited by Lyrebird; 28th June 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Name: Doesn't give his name out only goes by his nickname

Nickname: AC

Appearance: AC is around 180cm and weighs around 70kg. Since he is tall, he doesn't seem so fat. He has black bushy hair at medium length. His eyes are pitch-black as well. He is not that well built. He is usually seen wearing a black hoodie with an eagle on the back. He also wears black sweatpants with three white lines going down each side. However, on formal occasions (this also includes Gym Battles) he is seen wearing a black suit with a black top hat that has a white stripe (see avatar).

Personality: AC's personality has certain emphasized traits. The first is leadership: he tends to be the leader among his friends. The second is analysis: His mind is a strong analytic mind, which allows him to analyze each situation calmly and correctly. The third is generosity and selflessness: AC is quite selfless and likes to help people around him in any way possible. The fourth trait is intelligence: AC has impressive knowledge which is not just limited to the schoolwork he did. He has knowledge on a vast array of topics. The fifth trait is responsibility: AC is quite responsible. The sixth trait is maturity: AC is mature in most cases but at times he can be seen crying or exploding like a volcano with rage, which he tries to deal with. Other qualities are respect, honesty and compassion. AC is quite resourceful and loves to do research on his own.

History: AC originally hails from Mossdeep City. His father has held various different positions in different organizations. His father's diversity has reflected on to AC as well and so AC shows interest in a lot of things. As a youngster, he spent most of his days in school learning about math and the social and physical sciences. Thus, he has a good background in terms of knowledge. He also spent his free time generally looking after his brother, which made him mature even quicker. He decided to go on a journey with his Pokemon partner to figure out his calling.

Starter Request: Abra--though this is subject to change depending on your answer to a question.

Proffesion: Trainer, aspiring Professor

Other: Blazi is cool.

Also my question(s):

1-Will this RP progress through every region?
    2-Are we allowed to capture every Pokemon in Kanto (including Pokemon from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova)?

Based on your answer for these questions, my starter request is subject to change.
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast