Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Familiars (Teen: Non-Pokemon)

I'll be your shadow Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Familiars (Teen: Non-Pokemon)

Tell Elphie to remember to sign up though :p

But if you guys want to I guess we've got no problem, I mean if you all want to do the switching and pairing and such then it's okay by me xD though we'll have to think of a counter measure in case someone drops out.

And that's okay @jasonwolf; there really isn't a restriction as to what a Familar can be, as they are spirits.

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uhm I've hit a snag with the history of my family as its a wolf pup... it would wake up play with its siblings, its mom would come home with some dead deer, and then it was off to bed to repeat it all. I might be able to expand it slightly, but not much as its not human.

Blog Entries

I'm working on mine. I'm just having trouble with what powers my Magi should have. And my Familiar is going to be a kitty-cat.
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Blog Entries

Ok I think I got this. Fair warning I'm now hastily editing with little ideas.

Magi
    Name: Jasper Wolf

Appearance:

History: Jasper comes from a line of Magi known for developing a branch of nature magic known as primal which taps into the raw bestial energy stored in animals and people. This magic gained them prestige and they grew in class because of it though they have never embraced high society as it goes against the basis of the magic, which has occasionally drawn scorn to the family for not acting like the rest of the aristocracy. The Wolves live in a large lodge in the city with a decent amount of land surrounding it. Jasper is the latest generation of this family along with his little brother Thomas. He is a brilliant if not excessively excitable magi in training who truly embraces the family tradition. All members of the family have had a wolf familiar though the type have varied greatly. Jasper has always been dying to summon his wolf, and knows it will be the strongest and most powerful of all his ancestry. He’s even put off summoning it to ready himself for its greatness. Jasper wild and boundless energy make him unyielding in spirit and body, but the world holds him back his lack of social knowledge. Being in such an awkward place between classes Jasper has not spent much time with others his age, and honestly more time off practicing for or just daydreaming of the day his familiar would come.

Abilities: Jasper is an excellent acrobat and climber, as he would often climb the trees around his family home and the lodge itself. He also has great skill in unarmed combat, but does know how to use a boomerang quite nicely.

Powers: Primal magic is a hard to tap into magic that requires keen instincts that you are born with or can never attain. It deals with unleashing the pent up energy we naturally retain, as well as dealing with drawing power from the great beasts of the world.

Spells: (What kind of spells does your character perform? Describe what they look like when their performed, and what they do. Try creating a theme among them, and don't go overboard and make them overpowered.)
    1.Lunar Howl: This piercing call echoes out through the lands for all to hear. Whenever Venik hears the howl he is filled with primal magics and grows into his full form for a short time. The farther Jasper makes the spell travel the more tired he becomes.
    2. Rending Claws: A magical silver aura surround Jasper’s hands and turns into giant wolf claws which he uses to tear flesh from bone.
    3. Hunter’s Mark: If Jasper injures a target and they attempt to flee he can sense them if they are still in the nearby vicinity. This is very short ranged, but can sense through near anything.
    4. Instinctive Lunge: Jasper leaps at his quarry and attempts to kill or knock them out with one quick surprise attack. If they know he is there, or have time to react its just an enhanced jump attack, and he has no opening to make the fatal strike.
    5.Unwielding Stampede: The spirits of nature rise up to strike back without mercy against those who appose it. The big issue with this spell is it requires a lot of nearby natural objects. In the middle of the city its completely useless. In a big forest it can be devastating.

Familiar
    Name: Venik
    Age: Its giant dire wolf pup, but after being affected by lunar howl it becomes a fully grown adult.

Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiE6Nt4tX12_M0SDCAT2nGJGYkv88BnE5iJxrSRSIQlhcnHeYu4w

Lunar form: Website currently under maintenance

History: Well like most wolves it was a mundane daily wake up eat sleep routine. Though his pack was by far one of the fiercest residing on distant mountains that no man had ever climbed. Venik was still but a pup when he was killed as he was the runt of the litter and not strong enough to live in the harsh environment. He was in that form when he was brought forth, but the surge of magic entered into his body and became dormant until Jasper awakens it.

Abilities: Well he’s a wolf he’ll bite your head off, rip open your chest with his claws, and then bury you where no one will look. Along with all normal wolf skills.

Powers: Venik having lived in a place far from the magical society of the humans had little magic in his body, but the sudden rush of magic filled him with power.

Spells: (Similar to the ones for your Mage. Describe what they look like when being used, and what their meant to do. Don't make them overpowered)
    1. Monster’s Eyes: Venik gives his foe a paralyzing stare that terrifies them. This tends not to work in his pup form and just makes people go awww.
    2. Beast’s Hunger: Venik makes a meal of his foe restoring his own vitality doing so.
    3. Pack Brother: Venik senses Jasper is in imminent danger, and throws himself in the way to protect him.
    4. Shred: Venik’s claws and teeth become like blades tearing through even metal armor.
    5. Dire Pelt: Venik’s pelt becomes very hard, harder than most metals, and sharp spines grow along his back.

Other: I also considered alchemy as my magic.
    Last edited by jasonwolf; 2nd August 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Fresh Prince Ladies and Gentlemen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My familiar is gonna be an 8 foot tall dude dressed as a prisoner with a zipper on his stomach that opens into hell itself. I know what I want to do, just need to write it out.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

My RPs:
    Paranatural : Earthbound meets Scooby Doo
    Pokemon RBY RP : I read on Kotaku that it's better than Civ 5 with the Brave New World expansion.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

I trust it isn't that xD;

And Jason you're accepted except for the fact that we would have two characters with the same name.

Blog Entries

...wait who? *rereads thread* LOL that could be hilarious though. You ordering around Jason, and my Jason just flipping out for being ordered around... anyway... uhm so I gotta change the name?

also don't be so sure. He tried to submit ronald mcdonald into one of my RPs.

Fresh Prince Ladies and Gentlemen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaze View Post
    I trust it isn't that xD;

And Jason you're accepted except for the fact that we would have two characters with the same name.
    Actually, it was gonna be, but then a friend of mine agreed to be mine. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
    ...wait who? *rereads thread* LOL that could be hilarious though. You ordering around Jason, and my Jason just flipping out for being ordered around... anyway... uhm so I gotta change the name?

also don't be so sure. He tried to submit ronald mcdonald into one of my RPs.
    Naw, his appearance was just slightly based off of him because I am a sucker for cool character design and I saw some fanart that made him look pretty dang badass. If I really wanted to play Ronald McDonald, he would have fought by throwing hamburger grenades and throwing french fries like kunai. He would also be able to summon blizzards of ice cream, and his final attack would summon a giant happy meal toy. Probably a wind-up SpongeBob.

Name: Rei Fing

Appearance: One of the first things people notice about Rei is his hands: One of them has a black eye tattoo on the palm, and the other has a small, circular mouth. Rei's hair is a silver color, and he has green eyes. It's pretty clear he comes from a wealthy family, as he has a penchant for suits. He always keeps a white scarf around his neck, no matter the temperature. Physically, while he is tall, he's quite thin, as he doesn't eat much. Also, his skin is somewhat pale.

History: Rei seems to have an obsession with bringing the dead back to life. This is because he lost his family at the age of seven. There was a fire in his house. The firemen think that it was the electric blanket his parents had. Rei, on the bottom floor, escaped easily. His parents, on the second floor of the house, were not so lucky. He blames himself and the fact that he didn't even try to save them on their deaths. Since then, he has become obsessed with magic, and it's power to possibly bring them back. He decided to join the Summoning Ceremony in the hopes of finding a familiar to help him on his quest. He's been living with his two aunts ever since, practicing magic in preparation for it.

Abilities: Rei Fing can create enchanted objects, although it takes a lot of time and work to make a new one. He also can use hypnosis. Not the kind like on TV. The kind where the subject needs to be willing, can't be ordered to do things they'd normally have strong objections to, and is mostly useful for unlocking suppressed memories. Finally, he has some skill in Jiu Jitsu, mostly in techniques that focus on blocking with his hands.

Powers: Rei, instead of controlling magic directly, creates magical items to do it for him. This doesn't make him less skilled: He still makes the items. He's just better at doing that than actual spellcasting. As far as what his items do, the loosely revolve around time and space.

Spells:
    1. Stigmata of the Damned: One of Rei's first enchanted creations was a golden nail. Whenever someone hammers it into their own hands, once wounds heal, the scars will form into a small mouth on the palm of their hand. The mouth opens into hell itself. Rei can call evil spirits through, but due to them being, y'know, evil, this is usually not a good idea. The main use is shooting fire, either in the form of fireballs or streams of flame. These flames can harm ghosts as well as physical beings. Rei has one of these in his right hand.
    2. Stigmata of the Void: Rei's second creation was a lead nail. If hammered into someone's hand, upon the wounds healing, the scars form into the shape of an eye. If the user flexes their hand just so, they can open a portal to a pocket dimension. This portal sucks most anything in, even objects that shouldn't be able to fit. It can even be used to capture energy attacks if the user is quick enough. They can also block melee weapons, by absorbing the force behind the blow. However, absorbing living things is not recommended, as it will likely kill both beings if it's anything larger than maybe a cat. The objects absorbed can then be released from the dimension, either just dropped on the ground, or fired at opponents. Rei has this on his left hand, and often uses it to hold his other enchanted items.
    3. Camera: What looks like an old instant camera with a silver case is actually a powerful magical item. Whenever he takes a picture of an object or person, he gets a photo from it. Afterwards, if he burns, tears in half, or otherwise destroys it it, the object or person will be returned to the place he took the picture in. So if he took a picture of a guy inside his house, and later, while the man was out walking, he burnt the pcture, the man would be returned to his house. Furthermore, if the picture was of an inanimate object, the object would be restored to the condition it was in when he took the picture. So if he photographed a vase, and later it was shattered, he could burn the picture to repair it completely. This does not work on living things: If he took a picture of a man, and then the man got his arm torn off, destroying the picture would not restore the man's arm, only move him back to where the picture was taken. Note that an object photographed only "counts" if he manages to get the entire object. So if he took a picture of the inside of a house, he couldn't repair the house if it burned down. However, if he took a picture of the entire house from outside, he could then restore it.
    4. Psychopomp Chalk: Rei can enchant bits of chalk so that, upon drawing on the ground in an enclosed shape, the area it encloses becomes...Somewhere else. Halfway between the land of the living and land of the dead. Beings and objects with physical forms cannot enter leave the area, but energy and energy based beings can. Further, the spirits of anyone who died or has a corpse nearby will be able to materialize very easily. This makes communication with the dead quite simple, provided the deceased is willing. The area can be dispersed if the shape drawn is broken, although it's difficult to do so from the outside. He typically keeps them in a tin case within his stigmata.
    5. The Iron Watch: Rei has an iron pocketwatch he's enchanted. If he winds it, it causes him to become much faster: His reflexes sharpen, and he can outrun most anyone. This effect lasts anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on how much he winds it. On the other hand, if Rei winds it backwards, he can receive visions of the past, although it's pretty rare that it works. If he uses one of these effects, he must wait a day before he is able to use a different one.

Other: Alchemy.
    Last edited by Ladies and Gentlemen; 19th July 2013 at 04:44 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

My RPs:
    Paranatural : Earthbound meets Scooby Doo
    Pokemon RBY RP : I read on Kotaku that it's better than Civ 5 with the Brave New World expansion.

Blog Entries

I'm interested, although I'd like to ask how much we're allowed to stretch the definition of humanoid on familiars though - the familiar I have in mind follows from the Lizardman of the Soul Calibur series and although he is bipedal as well as having a generally humanoid shape, that doesn't change the fact that he's really a lizard with flash-created wings...

Blog Entries

I was told they are spirits, so I got a giant dire wolf as my familair I'd bet you'd be ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plumbum View Post
    I'm interested, although I'd like to ask how much we're allowed to stretch the definition of humanoid on familiars though - the familiar I have in mind follows from the Lizardman of the Soul Calibur series and although he is bipedal as well as having a generally humanoid shape, that doesn't change the fact that he's really a lizard with flash-created wings...
    It's no problem with me. He can be a lizard man! My character's familiar is a forest sprite who looks like the cross of an Angel and a Devil, and wears a rather revealing battle outfit.

Blog Entries

Hey Naoto can I add one more ability to my Magi? I wanna give him proficiency with axes. Oh and also I have a great joke for when Venik first transforms. Here's a hint The founder of the Wolf family is named Zule.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/75f7f718aa0dc18c926eed50ef927cd6/tumblr_mfihixwbxY1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg he'll have two of these axes. They're about foot and a half long.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjYKDOfslINJFVf77r0dc2sJcfqeIsy0h3CX6wRJjB2NksuIrQSg and here are his boomerang glaives.
    Last edited by jasonwolf; 19th July 2013 at 04:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Yes, you do gotta change the name :p Also if you've already given one ability to your character then you should probably stick to that one. Your character could learn the second one at some point in the RP but you can't add it in right now.
    @Plumbum; I'll allow it, there are magical creatures in this RP of many kind so it is possible.

@Heroic Socipath; Well first of all we have to know if it's a Magi or a Familiar xD second of all is that you're missing the second characters.

Blog Entries

Fine. I just realized how useless boomerangs might be at close range, so yeah. I'll stick with them though. As for the name closest I can get to Jason would be Jasper, so I'll edit that in.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

That works, accepted.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast