Name: Lucrezia Alkemyra; nickname: Luca
Appearance/Personality: Lucrezia has piercing sky-blue eyes that radiate her constant curiosity. The girl’s feathery blonde hair is almost always falling into her face in messy strands and snarls that she doesn’t bother to take the time to brush out. Lucrezia is of average height for her age, though quite slender. Her skin is fair and pale, though it freckles if she spends time in the sun. She wears a variety of brightly colored and strangely patterned tunic dresses, and rarely bothers with shoes.
Lucrezia was brought up as an only child of a family of scientists. Both of her parents are professor-researchers for the biggest Magic School in Chaos City. Lucrezia’s parents are often away from home, at the School or on research trips. At times when they were present at home she was simply unable to find them in the strange labyrinth of a mansion that she called home. As a child Lucrezia was allowed to wander freely and do as she wished, which included reading every book in the her parents’ sizable library, thoroughly exploring the mansion gardens and grounds, and running her own experiments in the neglected basement laboratory. A lonely childhood is one often spent daydreaming and playing with imaginary friends, and Lucrezia was no exception, as she dreamed up ghosts and creatures and constructs and monsters as companions on her adventures. Her parents employ a small staff who are in charge of household affairs and ensuring Lucrezia learns what she must in order to be successful in Chaos City; the head Matron in particular cares for Lucrezia and was the one who arranged for her to enter the Summoning at the early age of 15.
Personality: Lucrezia is intensely curious, and coupled with her lack of interaction with her peers this leads to her having a sense of blunt honesty and little decorum. She speaks what she sees, though it may not be what everyone else sees, and asks what she wants, whether or not the questions may make others uncomfortable or angry. Lucrezia speaks in a high, clear, and confident voice, though when discussing something she is interested in the girl tends to speak quite fast and can’t always be understood by those around her. Being an optimistic girl by nature, she generally treats everyone she meets as a friend or an ally until proven otherwise. As a result of her mostly self-taught childhood at home, Lucrezia is a very fast learner, although with quite unorthodox methodology.
Abilities: Knowledge of science and laboratory equipment, chemicals and elements, basic alchemy, has studied several languages.
Powers: Lucrezia uses manipulative magic to disarm and immobilize her enemies and also to make their attacks ineffective or negate them entirely. As a result she prefers distance combat and is not skilled in close or hand-to-hand combat.
Spells: (What kind of spells does your character perform? Describe what they look like when their performed, and what they do. Try creating a theme among them, and don't go overboard and make them overpowered.)
1. Cast-off: Negates the effects of a spell affecting the caster, such as blindness, confusion, paralysis, etc. Appears as a shower of light washing over the caster.
2. Lethe Arrow: Temporarily induces amnesia in the victim; lasts for various periods of time depending on the strength and weaknesses of the victim. For example, a strong magic user might be muddled and confused for a minute, while a commoner with no magical ability may lose their memory of the past 8 hours. Appears as an arrow swirled in shadow shooting toward the target.
3. Stealthy Grasp: Snatches the enemy's weapon or other held item. Has a chance of failing, depending on the target's evasive abilities. Appears as a silver hand reaching toward the victim.
4. Winged Embrace: Protects the caster from physical attacks and magic dealing physical-type damage. Appears as a pair of silvery wings enfolding the caster.
5. Sun Strike: A flash of intense light intended to blind the target for a short period of time.
Appearance: Jori is tall, with an hourglass shape, and long black curly hair. She has bright blue eyes, pale skin, and wears black shorts with a tight blue sleeveless hooded top.
History: Jori was a pickpocket who used her magical abilities to steal valuables and sell them for money. Unsurprisingly she was caught and killed by a merchant's guards.
Abilities: Jori is still an effective pickpocket and thief. She is quite sneaky, has great stamina, and prefers close quarters combat.
Powers: Jori has the ability to deceive and charm others with her magic.
1. Nightwalker: Gives the caster darkvision for a limited period of time, makes their eyes glow.
2. Somni-kiss: Jori's touch causes the target to become sleepy or completely fall asleep for a time. No visual effect.
3. Optic Screen: A shimmery wall appears in front of the caster, who is then shielded from casual glances of passersby. Does not hold up under a long look or intense scrutiny.
4. Moon Blade: Rays of moonlight coalesce into a deadly dagger.
5. Doppelganger: Jori's most powerful spell is to change her appearance to that of any person she has met more than once; she maintains their appearance for as long as her magical strength can hold out.