Familiars (Non-Pokemon)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Familiars (Non-Pokemon)

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Familiars (Non-Pokemon)

I'm here to bring you what is my longest sign up ever...bear with me for what is my most planned RP ever (in three days) and hoping you enjoy it.

@Jester; @Mouthful of Pi

Familiars

The world of R-Alba is a Magical and dream-like world. In this word magic is the thing that links people together and it is what most people dream of possessing. These Mages are known for being masters in magic and great warriors but there’s also something else that helps a Mage become great.

Mages fight alongside their Familiars, spiritual beings who can be summoned after a Mage achieves a certain level of experience. Familiars can be the spirits of previous warriors or even mages as well as normal humans but thing that each Familiar has in common is the ability that it receives from its Mage an ability that allows the Familiar to reflect its master’s heart.

Mages and Familiar these two components is what defines R-Alba

A Mage’s role in the world is simply to defend and help protect the world as it is assigned Mages hold order in the world just as they are able to destroy and manipulate it.

You are an Apprentice a Mage in training attending Chaos Academy a special school where people learn to control and fight with Magic you have just entered a special trial in which you are given a Familiar. With your Familiar you must complete five different quests assigned to you for you to become an official Mage.

The road to becoming a Mage is a hard one though and you’ll have to be ready for everything and anything that’s thrown at you whether it’s good or bad, you might even find yourself facing a lot of hardship but the reward is something that can’t be replaced with anything.

So I’m back with a new non-Pokémon RP. Like you’ve probably read this RP is mostly about magic and relationships between duos made up of mages and familiars.

Basically you’ll enter the world of R-Alba as either a Mage of a Familiar of choice. If you choose to be a Mage you’ll be able to use various different spells and will have your familiar at your disposal. If you choose to become a familiar you will become a defender to your Mage and his partner in crime a Familiar in turn is the spirit of someone long gone either another Mage or a human with no magic abilities.

Anyway I guess I should give a best explanation about the world of R-Alba shouldn’t it.

R-ALBA

MAGES

FAMILIARS

TRIBES

SPELLS

Now we can finally move on to the rule of the RP

RULES

My Sign Ups

Well that's all my rambling, sorry about that. Anyway I'm hoping to have four groups consisting of one Mage and one Familiar once everyone's signed up I will sort the groups out when that's done the Familiars who come from humans will obtain their abilities depending on what their Mage wants for this the group will have to get together and then tell me what ability they want for their Familiar once it is decided.

So good luck and sign up xD

Blog Entries

Default Re: Familiars (Non-Pokemon)

:O........ Sign me up right now.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

You're reserved xD

Blog Entries

Before I sign up, question: Can we create our own spells for our charries?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Not at the moment that's once we start.

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Snow
    Mage or Familiar: Familiar
    Tribe: Kirin

Appearance: Roughly 5ft8, shortly cropped brown-blac k hair, with blue-green eyes. Snow is thinly-built, with little muscle, and a pronounced bone structure. She has a scar across the left side of her face, beginning just to the right of her mouth, and curving across towards her right ear, which has a small chunk taken out of it.
    Clothing: She wears old-design iron armour, made in seven interlinked pieces across her body, comprising of a piece down to the knee/elbow of the arms and legs, and a three-piece interlocked cuirass around her torso, for greater movement. There are all sorts of scars and dents in this armour, and in the thinner leather armour she wears beneath, to protect the parts where her armour cannot reach. She walks barefoot everywhere.

Personality: Snow is quiet, but shows an enthusiasm for technology. As her name suggests, she can be occassionally cold to people, preferring to work alone when she was alive. She seems fairly reluctant to be a Familiar, it must be said. She doesn't bond well with people, as she doesn't have a high motivation to try.

Affinity: Creator- usually used for light weaponry, such as knifes and crossbows.

Hometown: It doesn't matter. It doesn't exist anymore...

Spells: Double Knock, Manipulation

Past: So very many years ago, Snow rose as the leader of the resistance in her mountaintop village against bandits who were overwhelming the hills and valleys below. She fought, and won, killing the bandit warlord, but was captured as she returned home by remnants of the warlord's forces, and they killed her mercilessly upon returning to their encampment and finding it burning. Before her death, Snow was made to watch her friends' and family's homes being torched, and their fields burnt, and her village and one true home destroyed. The bandits left her face down in the snow to die.
    Not seen my artwork yet? For Shame.
    RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE, YOU IMPUDENT WHELP!
    http://jakkuebansu.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

You're accepted though you could expand on her past a little more.

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

She's an enigma.

...Whose past was hard to write. ._.'
    I may add more later in hindsight, but for now all I know is her deathscene. My characters are hard work...
    Not seen my artwork yet? For Shame.
    RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE, YOU IMPUDENT WHELP!
    http://jakkuebansu.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

All right I guess she's accepted then.

Name: Tye

Mage or Familiar: (Mage) Familiar

Tribe: Umbra (A long forgotten tribe known for being the fiercest assassin's in the land)

Appearance/Clothing:

Personality: Tye is generally a very chivalrous person, he often values other individuals over himself. Tye has a deep belief in the "honor system" and as a result only gives respect to those who deserve it. Despite all this he has somewhat of a temper and has no problem showing jerks their place. Tye can be quiet or seen as a strong silent type if the situation requires it...

Affinity: Knight, channels energy around weapons that are used in combat.

Hometown: Wherever he was ordered...mainly the Umbra camp.

Spells:
    Manipulation

Past: Tye was an assassin and soldier for his clan, he was a prodigy and is known for being one of the best of his time. His strong suits are stealth and CQC (especially hand to hand). Tye never stayed in one place for to long, always receiving more orders...he had no family and few attachments to anything or anyone. In his past life this noble assassin commited suicide, his life was taken by himself as an alternative to revealing all his clan's secrets by torture.
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 29th November 2011 at 07:12 PM.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well there are a few things that irk me. For him to belong to a tribe and not only a tribe but a tribe with the best assasins he woudl have to be a Mage since humans not only are not sorted in tribes but wouldn't be able to compare to mage assasins. Second of all if he is indeed human then he shouldn't be able to use any spells (the reason why my own character Jason doesn't know anything) since humans can't use magic. Third of all since he's a human Familiar he doesn't have any specific ability aside from normal human skills.

Yeah, I was a little confused...thank you XD

EDIT: He is a mage now...is that better?

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Now you need to give him an affinity from one of the 6 depending on what spells he uses.

Edited...again :P

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Also since he's a Familiar you have to say how he died.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast