Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Familiars

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Familiars

Chaos City was booming with activity and happiness as air ships clouded the sky, all of them displaying holographic screens with the words "Summoning Ceremony Festival" displayed on them. That's right, it was that time of the year again where young Magi would finally be able to summon and obtain their own Familiars, partners that would help them out and travel with them for life.

The streets were filled with the sound of people cheering as the festival went into gear, with food stands and game stands all set up around the streets. However, the crowd seemed to gather around one specific place and that was Chaos City's own Magic Temple, a place for Magi that worked as a sort of center for them to gather along with their Familiars; it was also the place where the Summoning Ceremony was held.

The inside of the temple had been decorated and a large star like mark had been drawn on the floor of the temple with small circles surrounding it.

The young Magi that were the center of attention for today had all been gathered around the area, with all of them doning similar black robes. Amongst these was Artemis Kreuss, she looking around nervously as she saw all the other Magi. She grinned though, happy that she would finally be able to obtain her Familiar and go into the world, as well as getting a chance to becoming stronger and maybe even meet her mother. Seeing the air around the crowd made her remember her original nervousness though, she wasn't exactly sure what kind of Familiar she'd be paired with but she just hope they would be able to get along with each other.

'Nah, I shouldn't be nervous, this is a good day after all," Artemis told herself in an attempt to encourage herself
    @Naoto; @Lavy; @Heroic Sociopath; @Elphie; @Alex64; @MysticSnake; @jasonwolf;

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Familiars

"I feel like an acolyte in these... and have a sudden urge to burn stuff... anyone else getting that vibe?" Jasper laughed.

This was the farthest you could get from his ideal day. Everyone was going to stand around watching him while he wore stupid clothes in the middle of the city. As apposed to another day spent in his manic hyper activity. No here he had to be calm and boring and 'proper' a word that most people in his family considered equivalent to jailed or silenced. All the wait for his wolf would be worth it though. The beast would stand over all overs and would make sure he was the next patriarch of the family. Jasper smiled to himself thinking evilly of the chaotic fun he'd have with a wolf that size. Oh it would be magnificent to ride a wolf down the streets and watching the people part in fear.

Blog Entries

Iris Hawthorne tugged nervously on a lock of her strawberry-red hair. Despite herself, she found herself scanning the crowd with her eyes. She sighed a little. They hadn't come. They'd said they would try to make it. They'd promised her. But they weren't here. Iris gave herself a mental shake, reminding herself that Dale and Azalea Hawthorne were busy, important people. They had busy, important lives. She had been warned that something might come-up. And apparently, something had, because here she was, and here they weren't, missing their only child's Summoning Ceremony. She had know it would probably happen. She had expected it.

But that didn't mean Iris wasn't disappointed.
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Blog Entries

Will Clover stood clad in his black robe, with his gun in it's holster tied beneath it. He simply scanned each other potential Magi, noting how each one seemed so nervous.

Well, I suppose I've been in the lime light a little more often then they have, being the child head of a company. Will quietly thought to himself. But seriously, there is going to be much more frightening happenings down the road for all of them. I already know that with the aid of my Familiar, I will those thugs pay... Dearly... And that road isn't one lit with sunshine and happy tomorrows. It's one paved with darkness where a crown of thorns will be placed upon my head...

Will, then gave a sigh, rather tired of the formalities.

Blog Entries

A tall, thin young man stood in the temple. He had swapped his trademark suit for a black robe. Or dress, as he thought it looked. He rubbed the eye tattoo on his left palm. today was the day. He'd make a big step in his research. If he could summon a familiar, he could use it to help summon his family back. He smiled. Someone was talking about burning things. He opened his right hand, and a small fireball appeared in it. He tossed it into the palm of his left hand, where it disappeared, only to be shot back to his right. He passed it back and forth. It was a habit he had developed, much like some people bit their nails.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Artemis looked at some of the other Magi candidates, noticing the differences in each of their faces and the way that they all acted. She turned towards Iris, noticing that she seemed to be the more nervous out of the people she had scanned so far. She walked towards her for a moment and patted her back. 'No need to be so nervous, it'll be over quick," Artemis nodded and smiled her head to show her support. As she said this she noticed a boy playing around with a fireball. "Shouldn't be careful? you could burn something."

Blog Entries

"A little hellfire never killed anybody." Rei said, as the blue flames traveled between his hands. He chuckled. "Besides, fire already hurt me as much as it already can. There isn't much more it can do to me."

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Iris looked at the older girl who'd spoken to her with wide, solemn eyes. "That's why I'm upset." She said softly when the girl turned-away.
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Blog Entries

A skinny, little blond girl walked in and promptly tripped on the hem of her robe; her being a couple of years younger than the other attendees made something of a difference in the fit of her ceremonial robes. She hiked up the robes and skipped forward on bare feet to join in the conversation, seemingly intrigued by the fireball display.

"That is quite an interesting ability," Lucrezia said. "But does it get bigger?"

Lucrezia pulled her long, tangled hair out of her face and smiled. She was quite interested in learning all about the other initiates' abilities and use of magic. Hers was of a mostly defensive and manipulative-twisty-changeling sort, so that offensive and elemental magics were not something she got to see in action.

Blog Entries

Jasper had, for once in his life, been quietly watching the fire from a far. He thought it was a nice party trick, but knew his family could conjure a lot more. Every beast under the sun could be drawn from for power. He had a bit of combustion. Jasper laughed as he once again daydreamed of his alpha wolf. This time the beast was running around squishing the other Magi proving Jasper the greatest.

Blog Entries

Rei raised an eyebrow as another approached him. He was a bit of a loner, didn't really like letting people get close to him. He was fine with a little small talk, though. She looked pretty smart and competent t-No wait she couldn't take too steps without nearly breaking her face.

"Are you okay?" He asked, closing his fist, putting out the fire. She seemed fine. She wanted to know if he could make something bigger. In his head, he said "That's what she said." He held his tongue, though. He needed to be dignified, make sure that as the last member of the Fing family, he kept them in prestige.

"That's the thing about fire. You don't need a lot. Just a little spark, and before you know it, everything's gone to ashes." Rei said. He opened his palm, holding it upwards\, revealing a small circular mouth. He flexed his index finger, and for emphasis, a small nimbus of blue fire shot from it. "I can, though. But I don't think it would be a good idea to do it with so many people around. I don't want to get thrown out of the ceremony. What can you do, though?" He asked.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 21st July 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Artemis was a bit confused and slightly worried about what Iris had said, maybe what was bothering was something more than just nervousness. She turned towards Rei. "Well that's...kind of disturbing actually," she noted before hearing Lucrezia hit the floor and stand back up; though she had to stop herself from laughing when she saw her fall. "Well hell fire users aren'that common so it is an interesting ability," Artemis nodded her head.

Artemis's attention was grabbed by a loud smacking sound, causing her to turn to the right to see five completely robed figures standing on the other side of the star symbol and the crowd; their robes were red though. "We will now begin this year's summoning ceremony," the figure spoke firmly as he held his head up, showing a bit of his tanned skin. "We have received a total of 200 Magi for this year's ceremony, these 200 will be approaching the circles that had been drawn around the Magic Star and will receive their Familiar before letting the next group walk in." he stated as he walked to the center of the symbol. "This is the Magic Star and it works as a special gate into the spirit world, the seal will review over a Magi's ability, past, goals and personality and assign them their familiar."

Artemis nodded her head, her expression becoming more determined as she walked towards one of the circles. It was finally time for her to receive her familiar, though a part of her was a bit confused as she felt that the figure's voice was familiar.

Blog Entries

"Hm, yes, I suppose just a little fire can result in quite a lot of destruction." She laughed at his comment about not wanting to get thrown out. "I guess you're right! I suppose we are expected to behave a particular way at this sort of event, aren't we?"

What now, he wanted to know what she could do? She loved to show people her magic! "I would love to show you a spell! Perhaps this one--Oh!" Lucrezia was interruped by the start of the ceremony. She pouted a bit but hiked up her robes and followed the others forward.

Blog Entries

Iris bit her lip and glanced-around one last time, hoping in vain that her mother and father might put-in a last-minute appearance to watch their fifteen-year-old reach this milestone. No such luck. Taking a deep breath, Iris bravely squared her shoulders and stepped-forward to her circle with her chin held high.

Blog Entries

Jasper smiled in his own manic way, and stared at the circle. Here was where his grand legacy would start. Jasper the Dire, lord of the Wolves. He quite liked the ring to that. He laughed all his energy building up from staying quiet so long. He needed this moment to come sooner. He needed his familiar. He could the primal magics flowing through his veins. His claws nearly formed as a way to discharge some of it, but Jasper kept them hidden in the sleeves of his robe.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast