The Ether: Strange Beginnings ('Multiverse' RP)

Thread: The Ether: Strange Beginnings ('Multiverse' RP)

Blog Entries

Default The Ether: Strange Beginnings ('Multiverse' RP)

The Plot:

The Ether:
    The Ether is not a safe world. Most of the wildlife is carnivorous, as predators enter through anomalies, and quickly kill all available prey. Some of the wildlife includes pokémon, but pokémon aren't even the most dangerous of the wildlife, as the Ether contains the whole run from simple and common threats such as Creepers to larger creatures such as thanator and all the way up to terrifying megabeasts like Thresher Maw

Settlement has happened. 'Happened' is the best term for it though, as most dwellings are ramshackle, improvised affairs.

And the landscape itself is just a disorganised series of islands, floating out in the air held up by nothing. They have an origin, but few know it.

Where you come in:
    In this RP you take control of characters (and these are established characters, from any media, but not OCs) that are taken into the Ether, which is a strange and mysterious world made up of many floating continents. Not much is known about it, you are pretty much dumped in uneducated by strange anomalies, which can take almost any form but always end one up on the most southernly and safe continent. You have two things you need to do here. 1) Survive. 2) Try and find your way back to your homeworld. I'll add more come the RP itself.

This RP is the first of a series of two.

The Rules:
    1) The usual stuff, don't bunny, don't godmod.
    2) The 'Teen' rating I chosen basically comes down to "don't be gratuitous". Keep violence and romance scenes to PG-13.
    3) You are permitted two characters - one character from Pokémon and one character not from Pokémon. You cannot have two of either, due to limited supply in the former case and that not being the point in the latter case. However, you neither have to use both or specifically use a Pokémon character if you use one character.
    4) Keep character powers to a level that cannot encourage godmodding. It is possible if a character is too powerful to in-universe nerf them down to normal.
    5) If you want to reserve a character please do so, but this only lasts for 48 hours before the character is available for anyone to take again if you haven't officially signed them up.
    6) Pokémon teams may be up to six mons in number, and one, minor Legendary pokémon per team.
    7) Non-pokémon characters may catch pokémon in-RP, however pokémon aren't common in the Ether, so tell me in advance if you want to catch one. Also, they're probably gonna need guidance on how to do that from a Trainer character.
    8) If you read this lot, please have the text 'Press X To Jason' somewhere in your signup.

The Signup
    Please Note: fields marked with an asterisk (*) are only for Pokémon characters and ones marked with a plus (+) are only for non-Pokémon characters.
    Name:
    +Universe: What (anime, cartoon, game, book, etc.) does your character come from?[/B]
    *Game: Which pokémon game does your character come from?
    Appearance: Linking a picture will be fine.
    Skills: Of the non-supernatural kind
    Powers: Of the supernatural kind
    Notable Equipment:
    *Team: (You don't need to list moves, just use 'generic (element) type attack' in the RP.)
    Why'd you pick this character?: Just a little optional something, use it as an opportunity to gush or something.

My Sheetz
    Last edited by Plumbum; 4th July 2012 at 11:08 AM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Ether (Super-Crossover RP)

Name: Crassius Curio
    Universe: Elder Scrolls
    Appearance: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/128/a/0/Fons_and_Crassius_by_plangkye.jpg Dude on the right,
    Skills: Curio is very skilled in knife combat, stealth, and lockpicking. He's quite acrobatic as well, able to jump really well and do all kinds of flips. He's also quite the playwright, having written such works as The Lusty Argonian Maid and The Dance of the Three-Legged Guar. Finally, being a nobleman, he's very rich.
    Powers: He has some skill with restoration magic.
    Notable Equipment: He has a knife. That's about it.
    Why'd you pick this character?: One word: Dumpling.
    Press X to Jason.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 2nd July 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Ether: Strange Beginnings (Super Crossover RP)

Looks sweet to me. Accepted!

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Name
    Mister Jane Doe - "The Soldier"

Universe
    Team Fortress 2

Appearance
    Meet the Soldier - YouTube

Skills
    Weapons Skills:The soldier is very capable of using projectile weapons, particularly rocket launchers, as well as shotguns and a variety of melee weapons.

Powers
    Rocket Jumping: Rocket jumping is a practice introduced by Shakespearicles, also notable for his inventions of stageplay, the two-story building, America and the rocket launcher. The soldier is a master of the rocket jump, which is executed by intentionally detonating explosive ordinance close to oneself, allowing the rocket jumper to fly through the air at great speed and height. Obviously this causes some harm to the jumper, a recurring issue which led to the revolutionary invention of stiars by Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Notable Equipment
    (It's worth noting that I am breaking the rules of Team Fortress' loadout system, giving the soldier more items than he is capable of equipping. It's more of a balance issue for the game itself than an issue for the RP, so I figured it wouldn't matter too much.)

Rocket Launcher
    The soldier's primary weapon, capable of loading four rockets at once and a vital instrument of the soldier's rocket jumping.

Shotgun
    The soldier's preferred secondary weapon.

Gunboats
    A pair of metal-reinforced boots which allow the soldier to minimize the damage he takes from rocket jumping.

Market Gardener
    The soldier's melee weapon, a shovel with bladed edges which folds downward when in the middle of a rocket jump, allowing the soldier to deal much greater damage while airborne. Pressing X while using this weapon allows the user to Jason.

Why did you pick this character?
    Team Fortress 2 is my favorite game, and the soldier is my favorite character.

Seriously, it's a great game that you can play for free. You like free stuff, right? Everyone likes free stuff. Well let's go play some.
    Last edited by Loyalty; 3rd July 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Looks nice to me, Loyalty. (it's nice to have someone whom everyone can play straight man to :P)
    Last edited by Plumbum; 4th July 2012 at 07:29 AM.