Equis Academy [X-Men RP] (Teacher Signups Open!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equis Academy [X-Men RP] (Teacher Signups Open!)

Blog Entries

Default Equis Academy [X-Men RP] (Teacher Signups Open!)

Ever since our world was created, a dominant species has ruled it. From single celled organisms to sea creatures to dinosaurs to mammoths, and eventually to humans. All this has happened through mutation. Without mutation, not one human would exist today on this earth. Now it is time for another species to dominate the planet. The new species of superhuman mutants.

Plot:

Rules:

You receive a letter that reads as the following;

Dear __________,

As you may have noticed, we are all different. You particularly apply to this phrase. You're different in many, unique and wonderful ways. You are a mutant. Your powers define you. Though you are untrained and confused. There is an option to fix this.

A school made particularly for students like yourself is in operation. Expert teachers are working with untrained superhumans to teach them to control, harness, and improve their powers. Students are learning to defend themselves, as well as how to defend others.

Our school, Equis Academy, is an escape from your constant hiding and constant feeling of fear in your stomach. Here, everyone has powers, and no one turns anybody into the government. If you choose to accept this, which all of us at Equis Academy hope for, you will be contacted soon. If you choose to deny the invitation, any record of your mutant abilities will be erased from our knowledge.

We hope to see you at Equis Academy,

Marble

School

My SU's:

And now a little note from me! This RP is based off of X-Men, but Magneto and Professor X, along with any other relation to the series are out of the picture entirely. If you are a student, your alias, dorm house, weapon, and supersuit will be determined when the RP starts. I'm going to shoot for at least six students and at least two teachers, but that might not happen. I'll start with at least four students and one teacher if I must.
    Last edited by Jester; 19th October 2011 at 12:25 AM.

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Equis Academy [X-Men RP] (Signups Open!)

Can you reserve me a spot?

Blog Entries

Name: Dimitri Artemiss
    Alias: Star Shot
    Sexuality:Bisexual
    Major Superpower: Can generate energy very simmilar to the kind found in stars and can create beams and orbs that can be hurled and explode on in pact.
    Minor Superpower can fly up to 20 MPH
    Weaknesses:If hands are covered he cant use his star energy and is a little naive
    Personality: Dimitri is into darker things and dresses in a lot of black. Despite this he can be very cheerful. He's okay with the concept of death but none of the less will lament a fallen commrad. He finds the night beautiful and and darkness just another peaceful point of existence. He acts a little femmine sometimes such as fonning over cute animals or hanging out in a field of flowers. He has quite the sweet tooth.
    Appearance: Star Shot is really pale and parts the bangs of his black hair with a red streak in way that covers his left eye. he stands at a height of 5,6 and is rather skinny. He wears a black tee shirt and a pair of blue jeans and black and white checkered sneakers. He wears a pendant which is shaped like a star made out of silver.
    History: Dimitri is from a small town in Tennisee. He lived an average life until one day when he was star gazing on a nearby hill. A shooting star came down and hit the hill. Dimitri woke in a hospital bed the next day. Apparently the metorite caused an exposlion destroying that hill along with his favorite telescope. He had very little wounds and was let out of the hospital the next day. He then spent a little time by the new crater by his home and acidently fell into it. ledge was out of his reach by a few inches
    he jumped into the air and to his amazement. He stayed in the air. He later discovered that he can also create energey that explodes on inpact. Naturaly he kept this a secret and when he got the letter. He ran away from home and flew away.

viva la equis!
    Last edited by Naoto; 1st October 2011 at 11:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Reserve me a spot as well.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

This looks interesting...

Name: Akinai

Sexuality: Hetero

Major Superpower: Slight control over time. Can make a specific instant event happen 2-3 times in succession, or reverse a sudden action. (Said event must have happened within the past 10-15 seconds).

Minor Superpower: Weak telekinesis. Can move objects weighing less then 10 lbs.

Weaknesses: Tires out if abilities are used often.

Personality: Appears confident and precise most of the time, especially if things are going exactly as planned. Because of this, she is often accused of being stuck-up. Once one event falls through though, she begins to panic, which leads to more mistakes, which leads to...It's a vicious cycle. Because of this, she's quite paranoid, but tries her best to hide it.

Appearance: About 5'6", slender framed; has mid-length black hair with a few dark blue streaks in it. Her eyes are a light shade of blue. Wears a slate gray longcoat with a white shirt and pants, along with white boots.

History: Akinai came from a wealthy family, so was quite used to getting her way with anything. While her powers manifested quite early (her parent's first hint was when she was rewatching her favorite scene from a movie on television constantly...without a remote). To avoid the scandal of having a mutant daughter, they decided to fire the entire staff and warn Akinai to never use her powers again. Being a typical child, she happily continued to use her powers, this time in private.

During a family event, her powers finally slipped. One of her cousins had been hounding her, making fun of the fact that Akinai had been tutored instead of sent to a private school like the rest of the family. This escalated to her seeking refuge atop an old tree, with the boy following. Fed up, she pushed him out...then repeated the action three times. This led to him breaking an arm and leg, and the stunned gazes of the family members nearby. Even though only her relatives saw the event (and would not report the event to prevent tarnishing the family name), Akinai decided to take her savings and run away regardless.

It has been six months since that day, and Akinai has tried to stay on the move. Imagine her surprise when she receives a letter addressed to her, when shes hundreds of miles away from home...

Viva la Equis! (I keep reading that as Equius...I need to cut down on Homestuck.)

Blog Entries

Age (13-16): 15
    Name: Eliot Nadel
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Major Superpower: He can make any object have a cutting edge. The object's shape remains the same, but as long as he's touching it, and for about ten seconds after, anything that he hits with the object or throws it at will be cut as if it was a knife. He can do it with almost anything: An apple, a stone, a feather, any of them can be made as swords. The sharpness of the weapon comes from his willpower. So the more dedicated he is to a fight, the sharper it is.
    Minor Superpower: He has superhuman reflexes. At will, he can make it so perceives everything as going slowly. He can see bullets as they shoot out of a gun, and watch a home-run moved at a snail's pace.
    Weaknesses: His cutting power only works on solids: He cannot make water cut anything. Further, anything wet loses it's sharpness. Though a wet object can get cut with his powers, he can't use a wet object as a focus for them. His cutting powers also derive from his emotions, so if he's unhappy, or tired, they won't work as well. Also, his reflexes only work in his left eye: He has to keep one covered all the time, or else seeing people and things move at different speeds gives him a headache, and he has earplugs he wears in either ear so he can understand people, when otherwise he'd be hearing people talking both normally and slowly at the same time. The latter also means he doesn't hear as well as most people.
    Personality: Eliot is a hedonist to the core. He loves women (Whom he shamelessly flirts with), money (Which he spends lavishly), and sour foods (Which he eats little but.) However, he can be genuinely nice, and even selfless at times. He is extremely spirited and outgoing too, and likes to make friends with everyone. He also loves kittens, and is truly dedicated to spreading love throughout the world.
    Appearance: At exactly six feet two, Eliot's a little tall for his age. He has fairly long blue hair, mostly because he hates the barber's shop (He's worried about getting his ears chopped off.) He usually dresses in formal styles, usually wearing a tuxedo vest, button up shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes. He always wears a pair of pink heart-shaped sunglasses, and has uncommonly large blue eyebrows.

Viva la equis or whatever.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

@Sky Flame Haze ; Reserved

@Black Butler ; Accepted! Just one quick thing, your alias will be discovered at the academy, so for now, just have your character go by his name.

@Mouthful of Pi ; Accepted!

@Akinai accepted! Wierd, your powers and Marble's are the same but opposite.
    Last edited by Jester; 2nd October 2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Sorry Black Butler, didn't see your edit. You're approved

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    @Akinai accepted! Wierd, your powers and Marble's are the same but opposite.
    *looks again* true :/ didn't notice that.

Should I change it to something else?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akinai View Post
    *looks again* true :/ didn't notice that.

Should I change it to something else?

Not unless you want to. Personally, I think it could add to the story some more, but if you feel that it would actually take away from it, then go ahead.

I'll keep it as is then. Just didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akinai View Post
    I'll keep it as is then. Just didn't want to step on anyone's toes.
    Don't worry, it's fine.

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

(Garen is faculty not a teacher.)

Age 25
    Name: Garen Pike
    Superhuman Alias: Forger

Subject (job) : acts as a sub when needed, but normally travels outside the school to get supplies and what naught since his mutant abilities require a rare trigger as well as his choice to use them.

Sexuality: straight (but not interested in a relationship anyway)

Major Superpower (please give a discription if possible) : replicate other mutant powers at a lesser level. He has to come in close proximity with the other mutant for more then a minute to copy their powers. Loses the powers if he is out of contact for too long (pretty much after a week).

Minor Superpower (a shorter discription than above): none, but master in multiple martial arts and has near eidetic memory.
    Weaknesses: lack of other mutants, fear of heights

Personality: Garen is been known to be ominously quiet most of the time. He does it to analyze everyone he meets, friend or foe, while gaining their mutant powers if they have any. He prides himself on his ability to keep pull in every detail and then use them to his advantage.

When he’s gotten to know people/ they’ve gotten to know him, Garen, is much more social and seems like a normal person.

Appearance: Garen’s head is covered in dark near black brown hair with a jagged look because it falls in angular patterns past his ears and to the middle of his neck. Sometimes he has a slight mustache and beard, but that’s a rare event. His orange-brown eyes seem to pierce your outward appearance and see to your very core. The sharp features that make up his face seem to heighten his inner cold-and-calculating ways.

Garen is in great physical shape, thanks of course to his X-men training, but his muscle is very lean and he maintains a thin and agile frame. Garen also has numerous battle scars from learning to use his powers and from actual combat.

Garen’s wardrobe usually consists of cargo pants, button shirts, fleece vests, and sneakers in dark blues, grays, browns, and reds. He also has a few different watches, hats, and glasses/goggles.

History: Garen’s powers were very easy to hide. They only could activate if he was around other mutants. Garen never met another mutant until he was 14 which happened to be the same year he had to run for his life.

A new student came to Garen’s school that year in September. The two had absolutely nothing in common and never met until in their gym class they were forced to wrestle. The wrestling didn’t matter, but the other mutant was in range of Garen’s powers. Instantly Garen had a copy of the other mutants powers, but he didn’t know that until he electrified the locker room enough to knock everyone out.

Garen ran not only because he knew he’d be in danger, but because now he finally had the power he needed to run away. He never liked home just because it wasn’t well home. He was practically adopted. He lived with his step father and step mother. His mom married his step father after his dad divorced and when his mom died he lived his step father who got married to his step mother.

Important belongings: key to his childhood home, pet iguana named Quincy

(you knwo the phrase I don't. I do know it involves Equis and viva, but I dropped out of spanish so.... either wya I did read the rules.)
    Last edited by jasonwolf; 28th October 2011 at 07:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kamen_Fanatic On Twitter Add Kamen_Fanatic on Facebook Add Kamen_Fanatic on MySpace
    Visit Kamen_Fanatic's Youtube Channel

Name: Aria Lopez

Sexuality: Bisexual

Major Superpower: She has the ability to shapeshift, and like Mystique, she has the ability to mirror voices. Unlike her, however, Aria can change her body odor and can transform into anything, any of her body parts if she so chooses to be, living or not (i.e. a rock or a gun), down to the mineral structure and cellular arrangement. She can even copy other powers, but she has to stay in that form.

Minor Superpower: She can transfer her powers into others so they can shapeshift via direct touch, but she dictates what it is. Also, it is permanent unless she wills it through touch. She can heal as a result of her shapeshifting, but not in fatal areas. Her body is also very durable.

Weaknesses: She is weak to electrical-based attacks, as it makes her shapeshifting powers go nuts. Also, the same weakness her forms come with are also present. There is also the fact that she gets no knowledge gain from simply changing forms, so she doesn't get complete control over copied powers.

Personality: Sarcastic. Flippant. Cynical. These things define Alma. She is also unflappable, not flinching even if a tiger roared into her face. She's also short tempered, willing to strike anyone that rubs her the wrong way once irritated enough. She's also determined to see things through to the end.

Appearance:
    (Physical - Birth features) Tanned skin; shiny, raven black hair that reaches to her midback; polished emerald eyes; heart-shaped face; 5'9"; 113 lbs.; runner muscles; DD-Cup bust; medium build.

(Physical - Mutant form)
    Violet skin and a series of extensive, multicolored markings that connect to each other:

Sun-kiss blonde hair with four markings of the same color coming from her crown to her eyebrows;

Blazing red iris and marking around her eye;

Orange markings under her eyes that reach to her neck-line to imitate tear streaks;

Two dark green zigzags on her arms, the upper one starting from her shoulder and the lower one starts at her armpit, with both of the patterns ending at her wrist;

An ash gray, five-point rectangular star-like pattern on her chest and back, reaching to her hips and shoulders;

A light blue spiral on both legs that starts at the hip joint and end when it reached her toes.

(Clothing - Normal) Black jeans; silver Nike's; long sleeve black shirt; red button-up vest; green eyeshadow; violet finger and toenails; red rectangular glasses; black handguards.

History: Alma was born a normal child to a time well into the mutant scare, thanks to unjust laws the current president has made. Her mutant powers started to surface when she was playing hide and seek at seven years old, and she blended in with the rock she was hiding beside (a rather late age for her powers to surface). She wanted to show her parents her powers, but she had walked in on them watching the news, where protesters were shot at by reluctant soldiers and riot teams, killing a handful of people and injuring dozens more.

Somehow, the scene drove her to perfect her powers rather than hide them and let it stagnant. Perhaps it was because she felt a surge of either justice or vengeance in her soul, or she felt like one of God's angels. Nevertheless, she made it a personal vendetta to assassinate the corrupt President of the United States of America for his crimes against humanity.

When she hit puberty at 13, her skin and hair started to change at a steady rate, and by the end of her fifteenth year of life on December, she became purple, blonde, and had a series of markings that looked like she had major tattoo work on her body. This freaked her put so bad, she tried to commit suicide by jumping off the roof of her house. But all that got her were two broken legs. To avoid a trip to the hospital, out of fear, she made her legs heal itself by thinking of a healthy skeleton, though blood was still seen.

A few weeks later (and one thorough cleaning), the letter came, she pocketed it away from her parents and read it alone in her room, then decided to tell her parents that she wanted to transfer to Equis Academy.

Viva la Équís!

((Finally finished.))
    Last edited by Kamen_Fanatic; 11th October 2011 at 01:55 PM.

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Name: Tyler Lane

Sexuality: Straight

Major Power: Tyler can control the power of darkness and shadows, by being in a dark room he can take control of anything that is around him or store darkness inside of his body. By doing this he has a limited amount of darkness but he'll have to clear his mind to reach that power.

Minor Power:
    He has the ability to levitate and teleportation aside from that he's also a combat expert.

Weakness: If he lets himself interact with the darkness for too long he will start to lose his mind. He's also weak in a room that has a lot of light or no darkness at all and is gravely affected by anyone that can use light. He also has to keep his emotions in check while fighting or he could lose control.

Personality: Tyler is pretty outgoing and confident of himself, he also tends to over estimate his capabilities and is always quick to rush into battle without planning things out. He can be a little over protective of his comrades and always tries to fight on his own so as to not hurt his friends.

When he's in battle he changes completely though. He becomes cold and heartless due to interacting with the darkness and while he still protects his comrades he does what he thinks will benefit the fight better rather than his team.

Appearance: Tyler has long spiky brown hair that sticks out from his forehead and points forward. On the back of his head his hair reaches down to his neck. He has a pair of hazle colored eyes and a tanned skin. He normally wearing a black colored vest with a red colored t-shirt under it and a pair of thorn jeans. He has two slash shaped scars on his left wrist one on the top a little far from his hand and one on the bottom just above his vein.

History: Tyler used to live with his mom and his dad back when he was little and it was a pretty normal life. However, since he was little Tyler always had a problem with light, he couldn't be inside a very lit room without getting sick which caused him a lot of trouble during the day making him come off as a sick person to everyone that saw him. At night he was completely different though, he could play, run and act like any normal kid would during the day. This sparked the curiosity in his parents who wondered why their son was so different.

Tyler was teased a lot at school because of his condition and one day when he was in middle school some bullies did the mistake of taking him into the locker room and turn the lights off so that people wouldn't see. The fury and anger in him erupted causing darkness to materialize from his hand and making him stronger, however he started to lose control and almost killed the bullies in question. After word got around everyone began to shun Tyler and his parents couldn't go over the fear that he might lose control one day.

He didn't want to get his parents into trouble so he decided to run away from home. After two years of travelling on his own and learning to control his powers Tyler received a letter from Equis Academy and decided to take the plunge.

Viva la Equis
    Last edited by Flaze; 10th October 2011 at 09:55 PM.

Blog Entries

@jasonwolf ; Accepted

@Sky Flame Haze; @Kamen_Devil_Ranger ; Two things, both of you gave yourself aliases, which wasn't included in the sign up because we will find them at the academy. Also, you guys forgot something. Kamen Devil Ranger, you're unfinished, so you're excused. If you fix that, you're in!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast