Do you want Knight Pokémon University back? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you want Knight Pokémon University back?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 54.55%
  • No

3 9.09%
  • Knight Pokémon University? What's that?

12 36.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Knight Pokémon University back?

Bloody Melt
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you want Knight Pokémon University back?

If...I may post my opinion...

It all comes down to organization. KPU was and probably will be poorly organized. It released without a map, without any system, and without a plot. There was no direction, which was what really pissed me off as the kind of person who really really really likes planning (but oddly enough, never doing.). So I tried to do it. I tried to make a plot, I tried to make a villain. Something for the students to strive towards. The next paragraph can be skipped if you want, but I think it helps me get my point across.

The villainous team's first outing would have completely destroyed the students, but the teachers would have saved the day. This would have made the students respect the teachers, and give them a goal - to defeat the villains. The second attack would have the students successfully fend off the villains, to show that they had grown. The third attack would have the villains defeat the teachers, but the students would be able to push through and succeed, which would show that they have finally proven themselves as equals to, some better than, the teachers. A final attack would have defeated them completely and thoroughly, only for them to rise again for the final battle, when they were no longer on defence, and would take back what was theirs.

Which I had posted in the admin thread. Unfortunately, somebody else had already made a villainous team, so it got rejected. So I asked her how the plot would go. She didn't say anything. Which really, really annoyed me (I left a comment which thinking back could have been a lot better worded and not as forceful. Not that it would have changed anything, but I would emerge as much less of a jerk.).

Now, you might argue that KPU isn't about villainous teams, but about socializing and getting to the end of the school year. To which I reply, yes, I totally agree with you. So...why do we need a villainous team again? I mean, there was a "villainous team" section in the original plan which was incomplete, so I kinda went ahead and...oh...ohhhhhh. See what I did there? "Plan". "Incomplete". We did have a plan, but it wasn't complete.

And that is the problem with KPU. If we're going to grab our defibrillators and bring this sonuvagun back to life, we need to get ourselves organized. We don't need a villainous team, we don't need any fancy schmancy battle/leveling system, all we need is planning and organization.

So, who wants to be a GM?
    Last edited by White Len; 26th May 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't mind getting involved with this but reading many ex player comments I think the problem is not everyone agreeing.

Also, Glitch most of your points are good but I disagree with the starting from the last point instead of starting again. Mainly because if it was faulty the first time there's not point restarting it from a mess, especially when there seems to be a new wave of interest.

This is just my opinion though.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

@White Len; Much as I'd like to do a game solely about character development, it would turn into pretty much a high school drama/sitcom. A villain would give the game a defined goal to strive towards, and a villainous team works a lot better than what System Error had in mind.

Matter of fact, I think I may have a new idea since we've lost our previous villains' creator. That will be something to discuss later.

And I think I can satisfy both those who want a restart and those who want to continue from where we left off. It's a bit cumbersome, but it could work: The very first version of the game was archived and kept readable by guests, so what if we just archived the last incarnation but kept it playable by those involved at the time? Then we can start over without throwing everything out completely.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

@Glitchipedia; Why can't character development be tied into the fight against the villains? My character, Aaron McCallister, exemplifies this quite well IMHO: After losing to that Shadow Gengar, he started to doubt himself and he decided he needed to become stronger. In fact, I was really hoping he'd have a chance for a rematch against Shadow Gengar sometime down the road, after he became stronger abd had a chance of defeating it.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

I don't think there was a chance of defeating it. System Error rigged that fight so there was only one way to win it, and he never indicated what that way was until well after the fact.

But anyway, I never said that villains and character development were mutually exclusive. It's just that a game lacking villains would lack a defined goal, and thus fail to give players a reason to keep playing beyond a certain point.

Blog Entries

I think what we've most needed from the beginning was a way to keep battles from becoming god-modding contests. In fact, I think I even interrupted a battle and called a confab to discuss the problem.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

The trouble there is that the GMs are too lazy/busy to actually referee battles. If we can fix that problem, the whole battle system can pretty much be resolved.

Blog Entries

I think a youtube series will suffice
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Yun
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    The trouble there is that the GMs are too lazy/busy to actually referee battles. If we can fix that problem, the whole battle system can pretty much be resolved.
    If I joined in it, I'd definitely try to become a ref xD I'm fairly active.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Mew View Post
    Just as I'd heard it was closing I decided to see what exactly it was. I wish I'd gotten the chance to try it out.
    That makes two of us. By the time I worked up the courage to poke my head inside, it was being closed down. I'd like to give it a shot, if it were to come back. (And if I could get my hubby off the freaking PC every once in a while...!)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Well, folks, it's happening. We're rebooting the RP. It could take a while to plan everything, though, so don't expect it to actually open anytime soon. Thanks for your feedback.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Well, folks, it's happening. We're rebooting the RP. It could take a while to plan everything, though, so don't expect it to actually open anytime soon. Thanks for your feedback.
    Well, that's definitely good!

Blog Entries

I'm glad to hear that! I can't wait!

Blog Entries

@Glitchipedia; Are you making it a complete restart, or... ?

Blog Entries

Yeah, it looks like a total reboot at the moment. The previous versions are still archived and probably will be viewable, though, and I'm hoping we can have the last version remain playable by those signed up at the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast