Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert Sands

Blog Entries

Post Desert Sands

Hey guys! Got a new RPG: Desert Sands!

Plot

Alright, here are the rules.

Character Sign-Ups:

Alright! Start posting! Any questions, feel free to ask.

I CLAIM FLYGON
    Last edited by Snowfire; 14th January 2011 at 03:27 PM.
    "Nothing is ever certain."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Desert Sands

Aieeee!!! Sounds awesome~! Could you reserve me a spot please? :D
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Blog Entries

Post Re: Desert Sands

No problem! --Reserved!

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Name:Jon "Trouble" Kelp

Rider Pokemon:Rapidash

Other Pokemon:Gyarados, Blaziken

Character History:Born into literally trouble. At the time of his birth a raider gang was burning and tearing up the village. The gang killed his mother and father once they found him right after he was born. The took him as some sort of trophy and fed him and trained him all the things to survive, raid, and of course kill. Now he is sixteen he has reached manhood officially and can begin the initiation ceremony into the gang which includes a gangmark(tattoo) and a iniation(a beating to near death) and a choosing of a tribal name.
    Having already picked his tribal name and getting his tattoo this is where Trouble begins. Quite literally.

Start-up Paragraph:Trouble was grinning ear to ear admiring his new tattoo. From now on he would be in with the gang. Trotting over to the initiation chamber Trouble could barely contain his excitement. "So the day has came ain't it little Trouble." A older gang member said. "Don't worry about the iniation man, every dude does it. Even I got it. Now go, Scram." Trouble just nodded and got into the chamber which contained four gangmembers with hoods over their faces. "Lets begin." One of them said. The beating was not what he expected. Trouble was being hit with hammers, fists, and nail boards.
    The beating seemed to go on for an eternity. Trouble did not expect this type of ferocity. Feeling death draw near the beating suddenly stopped. "Alright, the little fucker is dead." One of the masked members said. "He is?I was just warming up. Whatever lets dispose of this garbage." the second laughed grabbing him from the waist. Dragging Trouble outside the gate Trouble wanted to scream insults with "I was betrayed by my own" filling his every thought" but he was choking on his own blood. Thrown outside the gangs hideout into the open desert Trouble was tossed onto the sand near death and bleeding. This is where his real test begins.
    Last edited by Karma Kidd; 15th January 2011 at 08:38 PM.

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Jakku
    Rider Pokemon: Dragonite
    Other Pokemon: Lucario
    Character Description: Medium length, dark brown hair. Glasses, and piercing green eyes. Tall, roughly 6ft, thin build. Red bandana, for sand protection, and fingerless black gloves. Thin T-shirt, and combat trousers, mostly army surplus, including a pair of dark boots.
    Character History: Born in one of the most vibrant settlements of the desert, Jakku was taught since the age of six the peace wouldn't last. Raising one of the many dragon types that lived near the settlement, and Dragonite has become his Mount. Having caught his first Pokemon, he departed, aged eight, to an oasis about a day's flight from the settlement. Arriving, he managed to befriend a Riolu, and it joined his party. Finally getting back to his home, after about a week of befriending Riolu, he returned to find his home destroyed. He travels all over the desert wastes, looking for his settlement's unknown destroyers.
    Start-up Paragraph:
    Jakku stood on the ridge overlooking the bandit camp, leaning against his mount. He pulled a long-faded pair of binoculars from his satchel.
    "Right, encampment #274..."
    Silently, he entered the tents of the Riders' encampment.
    He drew a short knife, and his Lucario jumped forwards, his Aura Sphere setting several tents alight.
    The Rider leader dashed past, looking for his ride, and Jakku grabbed him by his throat, mid-stride, his mouth twisted into a snarl.
    "BLUELEAF VILLAGE! You know it?!"
    "N-n-no, please, I didn't wreck- I'm new, I just entered the leadership, I-"
    Jakku smacked him over the head with his fist, and torched the rest of the encampment, spending the following days tearing after the refugee Riders, looking for information...

Blog Entries

Name: Lana Alnar

Rider Pokemon: Flygon

Other Pokemon: Ninetales

Character Description:
    Lana has long, dark black hair, along with bright green eyes. Her skin is lightly tanned from the desert sun, her hands worn with work on her mother's ranch for the few remaining farm Pokemon, such as Rapidash, Miltank, Torros, and the like.

She often wears combat cut-off dark brown capris, and her shirt is typically a torn-up white shirt, with splotches of smeared sand and tears that come with typical use. Her shoes are simple tennis shoes, closed toe so that she can do farmwork, light, thin, and airy enough so that they don't overheat her feet.

Lana is mature for her age from having to do grueling work all her life, and also from filling the spot her father would have had, had he not run off when she was born. Lana has great respect for authority, especially her mother. However, she feels special hatred towards those who threaten her way of life, with a barely carrying on mother, disappearing Pokemon, frequent errands to run, and having to worry about Riders who will burn down her house and town.

Character History:
    As said eariler, Lana's father ran away when she was born. Lana was born in the town of Moonset, which had very little Rider attractions, save since a few years ago. Lana has had to fill her missing father's shoes, doing his work, helping her mother, whose health is declining, and in general living a stressful life. While this has matured her, it has also greatened her need to just let loose sometimes.

Lana's mother's ranch has, lately, been a target for Riders, so that they could steal Pokemon, as the Pokemon population has been gradually declining for years since the apocalypse. This has caused her behavior to become somewhat hostile to strangers, and her nerves being stretched to great lengths. One time, when she saw a shadow in the Rapidash barn, she grabbed a large knife, and threw it at the dark figure. She made a large hole in the wodden wall, only to find out that it was a tree's branches making a shadow.

Start-up Paragraph:
    I held the grocery list in my right hand, repeating the items needed in my head. Cactus pears, water...

That was the third trip I had made to the grocery shop that day. My mom, the older she got, the more her mental health seemed to decline. Before I left the house, I made sure to check that I had written EVERYTHING we needed. This was it.

The tasks for the day swirled and churned in my head. Milk Miltanks, herd Torros, check on Psyducks... There was just way too much. I was a seventeen year-old girl, being stretched thin from stress.

Down the sand path rode a man on a Rapidash. The bandana he tied on the top of his head shaded his face, but I could still tell from the way his muscles were tensed what he was-- A Rider.

I stood up straighter, rested my right hand on my hip. If things turned ugly, I had my trusty knife at my side. Up the man rode, his body being shaken from the Rapidash's galloping. He rode up to me. I could see from his facial expression that he was surprised that I had looked him in the eyes, dead on. That's right.

"Hey, girl!" He said. "Where's the D. Alnar Ranch?" D. Alnar. My mom. Delilah Alnar.

"No where you need to know," I replied visciously.

"Yeah?!" He snarled.

"Yeah!" I screamed. He pulled out a concealed knife, as I pulled out mine. We ran at eachother until... Until he disappeared.

I was hallucinating. Again. I was the only one outside.

"Not again..."

By the way:
    Jakku, Approved
    Smooth Criminal, Can you change your Pokemon to one Rider Pokemon, please? Thanks. Otherwise, approved.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 15th January 2011 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Name:
    Ricky De'Somago

Rider Pokemon:
    Charizard (shiny)

Other Pokemon:
    Lucario & Swampert

Character Description:
    *Appearance:

*Personality:Ricky's primary mode of living is focused internally, in which he deals with things according to how he feels about them. His secondary more is external, taking things in via intuition. He is focused on making the world a better place for people and Pokemon. His goal in life is to find out his meaning in life. What is his purpose? How can he best serve people and Pokemon? He is an idealist and perfectionist, and he drives himself hard in his quest for achieving any and all goals he has identified for himself.

Ricky is highly intuitive about people. He relies heavily on his intuition to guide him, and he uses his discoveries [about people] to constantly search for value in life. Ricky is on a continuos mission to find the truth and meaning in underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through his value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential in helping him define or refine his path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same though- to help people and make the world a better place.

Generally thoughtful and considerate, Ricky can be a good listener and puts people at ease. Although he can be reserved in expressing emotion, he as a very deep well of caring and is genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is often sensed by others, making Ricky a valued friend and confidante. He can be quite warm with people he knows well.

Ricky truly does not mind conflict (sometimes even enjoying it), but will usually avoid it. If he must face it, he will always approach it from the perspective of his feelings. In conflict situations, he places little importance on who is right or wrong. He focuses on the way that the conflict makes him feel, and doesn't truly care whether he is right or not. This trait may sometimes make him seem irrational and illogical in conflict situations. Still, he is a good mediatior, and is typically good at solving other's conflicts since he intuitively understands people's perspectives and feelings, and genuinely wants to help them.

Ricky is flexible and laid-back, until one of his values is violated. In the face of his value system being threatened, he can become an aggressive defender, fighting passionetly for his cause. When Ricky has adopted a project or job which interests him, it usually becomes a "cause" for him. Although he isn't really a detail-orientated person, he will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for his cause.

When it comes to mudane details of life maintenance, however, Ricky is typically completely unaware of such things. He woulnd't notice a stain on his shirt.

Often times Ricky doesn't like to deal with hard facts and logic (not always). His focus on feelings and human conditionmakes it dificult for him to deal with impersonal judgement. He doesn't understand the validity of it, which makes him quite ineffective at it. Yet, he has developed a sense of impersonal analysis and can prove to be quite logical when he wants to be. Under stressm it is not uncommon for him to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after fact in an emotional outburst.

Ricky is a talented writer (and a terrible artist, although he enjoys drawing). He has no issues expressing himself verbally, but has a much easier and better ability to define and express what he is feeling on paper.

Character History:
    Ricky was born in fast-paced Mauville city. His parents were both two very successful Coordinators in Hoenn who were rising to fame, and Ricky was really an accident- a baby really wasn't in their plan for fame. However, they accepted the mistake and gave birth to him. Ricky was born slightly underweight and had many problems as a newborn, the biggest being albinism, something that had run in the dad's family. For his sake, they moved far away to the calmer and quieter Blackthornn city, where the air was fresher and the mountains provided a natural shade which would allow Ricky to grow easier.

But they weren't ready to give up their dream yet. Within a few months of his birth they flew away to Sinnoh, leaving Ricky under the care of a local nanny (who he still considers real family) and pursued their contset dreams. This became a constant in Ricky's life. By the age of five he was fully independent. His parents were gone more than half of his life, and he grew up with the nanny and took care of himself.

On his tenth birthday, he awoke alone like most other days. His parents had sent him a gift from far away, in a plain cardboard box labelled with foreign stamps. In it was an egg. Ricky took to this egg like a child, taking the upmost care of it. Before his parents were back, it had hatched into a young Riolu, his first Pokemon. This changed his life, and he decided that he would become a trainer. So, at age ten, he left home.

He first went to Dragon's Den, a sign of rebellion. He had always been told by the elders not to go in there. But he didn't get far before he found a dieing Dratini. The dragon-type Pokemon had somehow been injured, and Ricky desperatly tried to save it. His attempts failed. But as a final gift of gratitude for Ricky's kindness, the dragon merged it's orb into Ricky, inubing Ricky with the dragon's life aura. He passed out, and was rescued by a boy named AD.

Thus became Ricky's journey. For nearly 15 years he and AD were inseperable. Ricky followed him until AD gave in, and the two became bestfriends. Together they filled their youth with happiness, travelling all over the globe and helping many. Eventually they went their seperate ways, but they always run into eachother all over the world.

When apocolypse began claiming the lands he left his quiet home in Blackthorn and moved out into the desert with his pokemon. But he was trpubled by the fact that it had been so long since he had seen his friend. He left his home under the care of his other Pokemon and set out to search for his friend AD. He began encountering various gangs, and has taken pleasure in tormenting them while he searches for his friend.

Start-up Paragraph:
    The desert was a barren hell. For miles it stretched out, with nothing but sand and sky. Getting lost in it was easy, as was dying. Heat exhaustion, dehydration and hyperthermia were the first to take you. If they didn't, a wild Pokemon or a violent gang enjoying the new anarchy would get you. Either way, this was the place to die. There were no signs of civilization for miles, and even if you wanted to get there, you would have to be fast.

But for some, this was a paradise. Anarchy was the law of this land. Out here, you were free to be whoever you wanted to be and do whatever you wanted to do. It was the perfect breeding ground for corruption and evil. Or justice. For Ricky, this was the perfect area to bring exact justice upon those who deserved it. An justice unhindered by laws and corruption. He could be who he wanted to be.

The desert was disturbed. From his small hut near a small oasis he had found, Ricky had been scanning all the nearby towns and cities for weeks. What he found was disturbing. New gangs of "riders" were popping up nearly every week, and the real rider gangs were growing much more terrible. Cities were becoming corrupt. Ricky was ecstatic though. This provided so much work for him, so many people to help. All the while, he could search for AD. He had to be found.

Other:I'm gonna add more to that start-up, but I gotta go.

get bored
    plan to finish this soon

Hope I'm not too late!

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Changed it.

Blog Entries

Alrighty then,

Jragonair, approved.

Samurai, approved.

We now have four(Maybe five?) people. Let's aim for... Hmm, say... Six or seven?

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

All right.
    Sounds okay to me.

Blog Entries

Name: Cole Jacobson

Rider Pokemon: Arcanine (Shiny)

Other Pokemon: Blaziken, Manectric

*Character Description:

Cole is pretty tall and very thin, mainly because of the extremely small amount of food suppy in his small village. He has brown hair that many swear is either black or red, though Cole doesn't care whether they refer to it as polka-dotted. Cole has dark brown eyes and somewhat pale skin. He is intelligent, because his home determined knowledge more important than athletics, and is more likely to come up with the strategy than to rush into the battle himself. He speaks carefully and intelligently, although arrogance and stubbornness in equal measures may make him say something that wasn't planned. He can convince most people to do near anything he wants through words after getting to know their traits carefully by appealing to both their sense of justice (or evil) and a common interest. Cole wears a beaten black leather jacket over a red t-shirt, with jeans that have somehow managed to stay complesely intact throughout the years of neglect in the deserts. He is ambitious, and plans to make the desert unified like the old world he has heard about in stories.

Character History:

Cole was born in a small village (More like three or four houses, really) in the middle of the desert. His family was relatively popular, good sweet-talkers and brilliant-minded. They managed to take control of the town the way a mayor might own his or her city as Cole grew up.

Travelers and traders stumbled into the town every so often, with rare Pokemon that survived the apocalypse along with food, water, and small amounts of malfunctioning technology. Cole's parents managed to get him three Pokemon from these traders, a Growlithe, a Torchic, and an Electrike. He treasured these Pokemon and trained them as hard as possibled against the wild Geodude and Machop that roamed the areas near his home. Eventually Torchic and Electrike evolved as Cole continued searching for a Fire stone further and further from his house. Eventually he had gone so far in his searches that he had become lost in the desert. After a few days of trying to head back in the general direction of his home, Cole collapsed in the sand from exhaustion, hunger, and thirst. As his hands scrabbled weakly in the sand, he came upon something hard. Even buried halfway under the sand, Cole recognized the red glow of a Fire stone. He managed to release his Growlithe, and it evolved upon contact with the stone, which slowly turned to a regular rock. Arcanine nodded to Cole, and he climbed onto its back. The Pokemon sensed what was wrong and headed back to the village with its formidable nose and strength. Finally, Cole was back home, and life finally began to turn back to normal.

Start-up Paragraph:

Boom! Cole was thrown from his bed as an explosion resounded through the town. He quickly scrambled to his feet, hoping that his instincts were wrong. But he had heard enough from travelers to know what was going on: his hometown was being attacked by Riders. Cole impulsively ran to the door and pulled it open before realizing that this wasn't the smartest thing to do. It turned out that it was an Electrode that had gone off, and about a dozen burly, scarred men sat on Dodrios in the center of town. They noticed him instantly, and one man came up and grabbed Cole by the neck before he could react. The man slammed Cole's face against the door as he searched for any valuables. Thank goodness Cole didn't have his Poke-Balls with him. Either way, the man took a few coins and various small silver trinkets before grabbing Cole again and throwing him down on the stones in the square.

Cole heard screaming as the man headed back into his home, and knew that his parents had little to no chance of surviving the attack. Every instinct screamed for Cole to despair, but he had to keep thinking about what to do to survive. He might be able to dismount one of the Riders by kicking at his Dodrio's leg, but then the others would kill him instantly. He might be able to make a dash for it against the men on their feet, but he had no chance with them riding Pokemon.

Just then, the first Rider emerged from his home with three Poke-Balls. He threw them down in the sand a mere two or three meters away from Cole, and he knew he needed to use them.

Cole coughed, and instantly everyone's attention was on him. One Rider asked, "What was that?"

"I said, 'A man's getting away over there,'" Cole said, raising an arm and pointing in a random direction. Everyone turned, and Cole scrambled to his Poke-Balls, releasing all three of his Pokemon. He slid smoothly onto the back of his Arcanine.

"This is MY village," Cole yelled as the Bikers turned to him. "And NO ONE is taking it away from me now."

"Too late, boy," The largest man said, throwing several burning pieces of wood at the only remaining houses.

"Flamebolt, now, everyone!" Cole yelled, using the name he had come up with for a combination of Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. Arcs of electricity stunned every Dodrio, and then the combined attack spiraled around the Riders, trapping them in a torrent of fire and electricity that would be deadly to the touch.

"Let's go," Cole said, and released his Blaziken and Manectric. He headed off in a random direction, leaving his burning hometown behind.

*I combined Appearance and Personality in Character Description, if that's okay.
    Last edited by -Gray-; 17th January 2011 at 05:47 PM.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

We have 5 people signed up and one dude who is reserving a spot.
    When do we begin?

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Your the fifth one lol what are you worrying about.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I thought you meant I couldn't sign up because you had 5 sign-ups and someone reserved. (Fail)
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

No I meant there was five people who submitted their signup.
    And one person who says they are going to but haven't yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast