Dark Arena *Start Up!*

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Arena *Start Up!*

Default Dark Arena *Start Up!*

Mako watched over the action in the arena, right now Rex was pitted against a Pursian in the bloodstained battlefield that was a proversion of the real thing in almost every imaginible manner.

Rex, in the depths of his mind, wanted to stop. This Pursian was his friend...one of the few friends he had...and now they were forced to tear into one another. The chemicals turned him into a monster, and monster he was forced to watch commit unspeakible deeds, completely unable to stop. Finally, he slammed Pursian into the ground with Poison Fang, tearing into his flesh and injecting venom into his body, leaving him unconscious. Workers pulled him off before he could give the fatal bite.

Mako looked around the crowd and heard their cheers for blood, giving a thumbs down. With that, Rex's heart dropped...if it'd been a thumbs up, Pursian's life would've been spared...Rex was released and Rex tore the throat out of Pursian.

Rex was taken back to the cage were all the Pokemon that needed the chemicals were kept togather, the ones that actuelly enjoyed this evil place were kept in seperate cages on the other side of the arena so they didn't kill the others. Rex was given the antidote, his wounds painfully treated so he didn't bleed to death and he was thrown into the cage with the others. Once the workers were out of sight he gave a short period of sobbing before looking to the others. "Pursian...is dead...but...thanks to him, I've got a way for us to escape."

-------------

Mammoth snarled through the bars, walking back and forth. "I can't wait for some fresh meat!" he snarled. The other 'solitaries' could talk to each other, they just couldn't attack each other.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dark Arena *Start Up!*

"Good," Skull said. He had just gone through a particularly painful batle with a Mightyena, and his face had a large gash on it.
    Last edited by -Gray-; 15th June 2010 at 07:04 PM.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Darktide stomped over to the crestfallen Mightyena and lets his shell thud into the dirt floor loudly his brows furrowed. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." His cannons slid out angrily and receded back into his shell. "Mako will suffer one day..." His head snaps towards the wretched Houndoom and he glares furiously. "...and so will every pokemon that obeys him." His voice was deep and rumbled threateningly. His calm demeanor slowly returned to him and he huffs angrily leaning his massive shell back against the cage. "This news of yours though sounds rather interesting I must say."

The blastoise grumbles to himself flexing his massive arms a bit he whirls around faster than one would expect of the clunky looking creature and lets a mighty fist slam into the bars of the cage causing one of Mako's workers to leap into the air in surprise landing squarely on his bottom. The worker's legs shake as the massive turtle glares at him before withdrawing into his shell. The worker stands up his knees wobbling slightly and walks on cursing vehemently under his breath. A deep rumbling laugh emanates from within the thick shell.

Rex nodded. He made sure no one but those in the cage could here him. "Tonights a full moon, Mako never stays here on a full moon." he explained. "No one knows why, but most just think he's supersitious and afraid of it or something...anyway, that makes tonight the best time to attempt an escape." he explained. "With Mako gone, securiuty is always laxed because they're normally terrified of him." he said. "And during the fight, Pursian managed to slip this into my fur." he said, digging around in his matted fur and pulling out a key, it was the key to their cage.

Ask Pony Discord

At the sound of Rex's revelation Darktide's head snaps out of his shell. His eyes lock onto the key as though it was a golden trophy from Arceus itself. "Well now... that is a prize isn't it?" He grins darkly his eyes flashing in mammoth's direction. His legs snap out of his shell and he jumps to his feet. "We'll need more of a plan than that you know..." He rests against the cage his tail thudding gently on the dirt floor as he watches the Mightyena. "We may only have one chance." He levels a stoic gaze upon Rex wondering if the young pokemon had come up with more than just springing the cage.

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Zaron was floating through his cell, where the tank that once held him was still there. He gazed at it, and it brought back memories. Cold, dark memories.

His master, Tod Rekin, was dead. And it was Mako's fault.

In his fury, he rushed toward the tank, and slammed into it, shattering the glass into pieces, and the water spilled all over the floor.

He continued pacing around, trying to think of a way to kill Mako...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raphael was tinkering with some contraptions in his "room". They were all over the ceiling and floor, ranging from buzzsaws to mallets to throwing knifes to maces. He had made all of them from material he had scavenged from the Arena.

Grinning, he slipped in between the bars when Mammoth was turned the other way, and silently fashioned a trip-wire out of string he had collected. He then leapt onto the walls, and climbed up to the roof of the room, and placed a mechanical lever with one of his buzzsaws at the end, and attached it to the roof, set to drop down when the trip-wire was activated, and chop the victim to ribbons.

All before Mammoth turned back around, he slipped back in between the bars, and continued to fiddle around with pieces of metal, determining what would be good to make another weapon he could use in his "jokes".

OOC: I'll introduce Zaar at a later time. But I want to ask something. Are the Pokemon capable of human speech, or can they only be understood amongst themselves?

Rex nodded. "I do have a plan, but it'll take team work." he said. He then ran over to Zaron. "Zaron! I have a way for us to escape, but we'll need your help. I know you want to get revenge on Mako for his sins, we all do, but we have a better chance of doing that if we get out of here."

-------------------------------

Mammoth turned and triggered the trap. The buzzsaw did swing down but Mammoth caught it with his massive horns, which were huge and unkept, throwing it back and blowing it to bits with Fire Blast. He then snarled at Raphael. "Next time, I might throw it into your head!"

A working came and picked up Raphael, seeing he was probaly getting board since he tried to pull a prank on Mammoth, taking him down to the arena. He, because he actuelly liked this violence, was offered an injection of the chemicals, his opponent was a Tropius, who was injected with the chemical. "Want the injection or not?"

OOC: They aren't capable of human speech but Mako is capable of understanding them. Up to you if Raphael gets the chemical injection or not, basically, it makes him feral and even more sadistic than he already is.

Ask Pony Discord

Darktide grumbles as the Mightyena runs off and sighs hoisting himself up onto his massive legs and trudges after the young pokemon. He was still tired from yet another one of Mako's little "play fights" between him and Mammoth. He turns and sees a buzz saw nearly behead Mammoth and rolls onto his back laughing wildly. He spins slowly on his back his legs kicking in the air as the hound roars at the weavile. He blinks and looks around rocking himself back and forth until he rights himself. If it weren't for moments like that... he'd have turned Raphael into a soggy rag long ago. He grins at the thought and chuckles as he stomps off after Rex.

Blog Entries

OOC: Ooh, goodie. But, I'm probably going to surprise you with my answer.

Raphael shook his head. Even though he liked being able to be even more strong than he already is, he thought that brute strength doesn't win all fights. Even unlimited strength has to bow to wisdom.

He knew from the first time that he tried it that even though the injection increased his strength, it sapped most of his intelligence. Of course, he currently had his "bag of tricks" strapped to his back. If he were to accept the injection, he would completely forget how to use them.

OOC: Um...is Zaron going to react to Rex?

Rex waited for the Sharpedo to respond. "We'll need you to ram down the front door, you're the only one with a strong enough attack to do it." he said, knowing Sharpedo were notorious for being just that, living torpedos.

---------------------

The worker nodded and released Raphael into the ring as the Tropius was as well. "Remember! Don't finish it unless Mako gives you the go ahead!" he said, Mako was the one thing that all the more vscious Pokemon were afraid of.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Zaron perked up, then rushed up to the bars.

"What do you think. Get that thing opened," he said before addressing Darktide.

"I would think that Raphael's little stunt with Mammoth was funny, if it wasn't downright sadistic. Give him an excuse, and you'll be next."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raphael simply stopped a little ways into the arena, crossed his arms, and tapped his right foot.

"You get the first move," he said to the Tropius.

Darktide grins and looks over at Zaron. "Firstly... the only way I could laugh harder is if Raphael actually DID manage to behead Mammoth, and secondly... I'm more or less certain that he'll ignore us on the grounds that he'd have more fun trying to kill us in the ring, and because I toss him a tiny portion of my food every time he messes with Mammoth" He grins wider and chuckles to himself as he trudges back over to the Mightyena laughing softly to himself before tossing a few berries into Raphael's cage.

OOC:I'll be leaving in an hour for class (6:30 my time, I shall be back around 10:00 my time))
    Last edited by vampiremessiah51; 15th June 2010 at 04:28 PM.

OOC: You decide what happens in the fight, sorry, should've mentioned that.

"I know, we've got to wait for Mako to leave, he normally leaves right before dark on the full moon." said Rex. "When he's gone, we make our move."

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Zaron stood rigid. Right before dark on the full moon? He recalled stories he had heard while staying in villages...

Stories of werewolves.

Zaron spoke to Rex. "Fine, but don't you see the connection? Mako leaving right before the full moon? Haven't you heard stories of humans, humans who transformed into feral beasts when the moon is full? Please tell me that rings a bell."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Tropius simply roared, and charged toward Raphael. He grinned. Right before the Tropius could slam Raphael into the wall, he leaped out of the way. While in midair, he spun around three times, tossing a homemade shuriken every time he faced the Tropius.

It was caught by the surprise attack, and each of the metal projectiles pierced the Pokemon's skin. It howled, and became all the more angered. It started to fly up in the air, but Raphael grinned, and grabbed what looked like handcuffs from his bag. He leapt into the air, and placed them on the Tropius's wings. The beast came crashing down to the ground, before standing back up. It started to channel energy from the sun, then fired a massive, lime green laser. A SolarBeam.

Raphael simply ducked, then started crawling toward the Tropius in a matter similar to a spider. He swept his feet, bringing the beast to its knees. Raphael then punched him straight in the back.

The Tropius stood back up, dazed, and fumbling around, ready to collapse.

Raphael looked up at the podium where Mako stood.

"Can I finish him?"

Mako listented to the crowd, they once more demanded blood. Mako gave a thumbs down, signaling for Raphael to finish it.

-----------------------

"So? Its a myth." said Mightyena. "And even if its not, it doesn't mean that Mako will turn into a monster and come after us." he said. "If it is, he probably goes far away to keep people from finding out about him."

Ask Pony Discord

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast