Dark Arena *Sign Ups!*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Arena *Sign Ups!*

Default Dark Arena *Sign Ups!*

Ok, this is based off the real world illegal sport of Dogfighting, which most you can probably tell, I really don't condone in anyway, as the RP itself shows. Also, there's a bit of supernatural aspect in it as well.

Plot: Pokemon battles are normally friendly sporting confrontations, with little if any major injuries occuring. What most trainers don't know is Pokemon purposely hold back their strength in battle so they don't severely injure each other, or worse, and those that do don't push their Pokemon past that point, because not only is it morally wrong, the ways to force them to do so are largely illegal. But some...unsavory types do it anyway.

In a secret underground arena under the Sinnoh Region, an insane, evil man named Mako uses these illegal methiods to force Pokemon to go past the restrictions they'd normally put on themselves to battle for entertainment, and his own wealth. These Pokemon are often badly injured in the fights, sometimes even killed. But these Pokemon are beginning to reach their own breaking point, and are preparing to escape, but even if they escape the Dark Arena, there's still the matter of bringing down that horrible place and making sure no Pokemon will ever suffer in that awful place again. And worse than that, some Pokemon are truely loyal to Mako and Mako surely will want to regain his lost Pokemon, or make sure to silence them forever.

Rules:

This RP is rated PG 13, due to violence but keep cusing low to none.

In the Dark Arena, Pokemon, like in dogfighting, are injected with chemicals that make them highly agressive and no longer hold back their power. When under the influence of these chemicals, their attacks are far more powerful than normal due to them not holding back, and blood is actuelly drawn.

You cannot kill another player's character without their permission, unless they quit the RP. NPCs can be killed in the arena though. I will decide the winner of battles between players, but if you lose a battle in the Dark Arena, you'll likely be badly hurt.

This is mostly a Pokemon centric RP, but there is one human role other than Mako you can be.

Please be respectful to others.

No Legendaries in the arena, I will allow weaker Legendaries to help them once they escape, just no Arceus or anything like that.

Pokemon used by the Pokemon Hunter do not require bios, unless you want them.

Have fun, its a roleplay after all.

If you read the rules, right Arena in your post.

Bios:

Name:
    Species:
    History:
    Status: (mainly what they were before being captured for the arena, wild, trained, ect. This will partly decide what their goals are after escaping the arena)
    Side: (whether they want to escape the Arena, or are loyal to Mako)
    Unique Traits: (scars, shiny, albino, I'll also allow stuff like Gigantism, being bigger than an average Pokemon of its species, just not often.)
    Attacks: (Pokemon or technology for humans, only four for Pokemon at first)

Characters:

Escaping Pokemon:

Rex: Me

Tybalt: jragonair

Skull: Zerkrom Reshirom

Zaron: ShadowArceus

Mako's Pokemon:

Mammoth: Me

Raphael: ShadowArceus

Khaoss: Merciless

Dark Arena Staff:

Mako: Me
    Zaar (Pokemon Hunter): ShadowArceus

My Characters:

Name: Rex
    Species: Mightyena
    Personality: Strongwilled, loyal to his friends, hates the Dark Arena with a passion. He is determined to escape and bring down Mako once and for all.
    History: He was kidnapped at a young age by Mako and spent most of his life in the Dark Arena. He's extremely guilty over all the lifes he's had to take under Mako's chemicals.
    Side: Escape
    Unique Traits: Scars all over his body, particularally his right eye.
    Attacks:
    Shadow Ball
    Take Down
    Crunch
    Iron Tail

Name: Mammoth
    Species: Houndoom
    Personality: Insane, evil, sadistic, violent, murderous, psychoatic.
    History: Mako's first real Pokemon. Long term use of the chemicals on him has left him insane and violent. He's loyal to Mako though.
    Side: Mako's Pokemon
    Unique Traits: Gigantism, he's twice the size of a normal Houndoom.
    Attacks:
    Flamethrower
    Fire Blast
    Dark Pulse
    Crunch

Name: Mako
    Species: Human
    Personality: A sadistic psychopath and the first one to tell you so. He's evil and sadistic to the core, but also cunning. He's also very greedy.
    History: An evil man who started and owns the Dark Arena. He's wanted not only for abusing Pokemon, but for murder.
    Side: His own.
    Unique Traits: His eyes are an unusual shade of red. He also has the strange ability to understand Pokemon language, though no one knows why. He also is never seen during a full moon and has an allergy to silver. (yes, he's probably what you think, but I did say there'd be supernatural things)
    Pokemon and technology: Mammoth, other loyal Pokemon. He uses a special whip that's tip is coated with venom that causes severe agony in Pokemon it hits.
    Last edited by Godzillawolf; 6th June 2010 at 03:24 PM.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dark Arena *Sign Ups!*

Could I do two?

Name: Tybalt

Species: Slaking

Personality: Slaking's personality is determined to show that all Slaking's are not lazy, good-for-nothing Pokemon. He is strong-willed and highly motivated, and very active. Although he may seem slow, lazy and stupid on the outside, he is really very intelligent, always planning and thinking.

History: Slaking was born a lazy Slakoth in a forest somewhere in Hoenn, far off from any Route or City. He passed his days eating berries and sleeping, and his nights were spent around the fire with his friend, a Whismur named Paris, telling stories. One day, an off-path trainer found the two. Both were too lazy to resist capture, so he caught them. For two years, he trained them to the max, and the three became bestfriends. Tybalt became a strong Slaking and Paris, a great Exploud. But the trainer was attacked by Mako's Pokemon capturer. Tybalt was taken, but prevented Paris from being captured. Tybalt plans to escpae and find his trainer.

Side: Escapees

Unique Traits: Energy Bursts- Tybalt can get boosts of energy for a short time. During this, he can bypass his Truant (Loafing Around) status.

Attacks:
    • Crush Claw
    • Gunk Shot
    • Ice Punch
    • Focus Blast

Other: He holds onto Leftovers. ^^ ARENA!
    Last edited by Jragonair; 5th June 2010 at 11:38 AM.

get bored
    plan to finish this soon

Hope I'm not too late!

Nice, but read the last rule ;).

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

I read it but totally forget^^. Could I make a second?

get bored
    plan to finish this soon

Hope I'm not too late!

Yes, you may!

Ask Pony Discord

Reserve me??

I love lickies!

FC: Coming Soon:I

"Sure, but remember, this is a pretty serious toned RP, ok?

Ask Pony Discord

Okay

I love lickies!

FC: Coming Soon:I

Blog Entries

ARENA

Name: Skull
    Species: Marowak
    Personality: Skull is somewhat hostile, never putting trust in anyone but one of his kind. He rarely shares his thoughts and is very unpredictable. One minute he could be happy, and then trying to kill you next. Skull is very unfriendly, and doesn't exactly delight in making friends. Most of the time, if you make friends with his, your skull will end up on his head.
    History: Skull was born when his Kangaskan mother died, using her skull as a helmet and training himself in Lavender Town. He was captured for the arena when a Pokemon Hunter spotted him taking down a flock of Mareep with only a club made of bone. He was raised in the arena for most of his life, and has nearly forgotten what it is like to be a wild pokemon. Skull wants to escape the Dark Arena so that he can live a normal wild pokemon life once again.
    Side: Wants to escape Arena
    Unique Traits: Skull on his head is from a Kangaskan he killed in the arena. It has a large crack down the side from Skull's Bonemerang.
    Attacks: Bone Rush, Bonemerang, Earthquake, Skull Bash
    Holding a thick club
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

You're in!

Ask Pony Discord

Indeed compelling. It's been a great deal of time since I rp'd so I hope I'm not too bad with my grammar :\

Name: Khaoss (Pronounced the same as Chaos)
    Species: Espeon
    Personality: Obsessed, Seductive, Taunting.
    She is as sly with remarks as her former owner, she taunts and lures her foes and plays plenty of mind games.
    History: This espeon was no average trainers fare, she belonged to a criminal gang hellbent on research on pokemon. The haunting images of the poor creatures being disected and altered into monsters became something she accustomed easily to. When the criminal gang was disbanded by force, decimated and trashed by a lowly trainer she fled for her safety.
    Side: Loyal to Mako, she respects his ideals.
    Unique Traits: This espeon is unlike most, it bares a deep scarring around it's jewel on its forehead creating a eye like image. Another example of her previous owners malice on life.
    Attacks: Trick, Hypnosis, Nightmare, Psychic
    Hold Item: Flame Orb
    Last edited by Merciless; 5th June 2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added addtional item.

Quote Originally Posted by Fou-Lu
    "Thou would greet us with malice in thine heart and thine blade in hand?"

Did you read the rules?

Ask Pony Discord

What am I missing? Perhaps a layout change would help.

Edit: I took note of the Arena thing, but is that really nessicary to add? All my requirements are met in the post above as far as I can percieve, unless I've done something wrong.

The issue is that it was smalltyped. You should underscore the rules and title it, so it stands out.

Its supposed to be small so that people need to read the rules to see it, if it stood out that'd kinda nullify the point. Anyway, you read it, so you don't have to add it, you're fine. Though you may want to add an escapee character, sense the story rides mostly on them.

Ask Pony Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillawolf View Post
    Its supposed to be small so that people need to read the rules to see it, if it stood out that'd kinda nullify the point. Anyway, you read it, so you don't have to add it, you're fine. Though you may want to add an escapee character, sense the story rides mostly on them.
    I mean to underscore the rules rather then that note, keep it at the bottom.

Rules:

This RP is rated PG 13, due to violence but keep cusing low to none.

In the Dark Arena, Pokemon, like in dogfighting, are injected with chemicals that make them highly agressive and no longer hold back their power. When under the influence of these chemicals, their attacks are far more powerful than normal due to them not holding back, and blood is actuelly drawn.

You cannot kill another player's character without their permission, unless they quit the RP. NPCs can be killed in the arena though. I will decide the winner of battles between players, but if you lose a battle in the Dark Arena, you'll likely be badly hurt.

This is mostly a Pokemon centric RP, but there is one human role other than Mako you can be.

Please be respectful to others.

No Legendaries in the arena, I will allow weaker Legendaries to help them once they escape, just no Arceus or anything like that.

Pokemon used by the Pokemon Hunter do not require bios, unless you want them.

Have fun, its a roleplay after all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast