The Creation War: Dragonsoul [SIGN-UPS ALWAYS OPEN]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Creation War: Dragonsoul [SIGN-UPS ALWAYS OPEN]

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Creation War: Dragonsoul [SIGN-UPS ALWAYS OPEN]

So following up on a request from @Pi Face; and a binge playing my newly-purchased Skyrim, I decided to reboot an old RP of mine; I suppose you could call it a rather straightforward fantasy RP. This is also another foray of mine into serial RPs--this is intended as the first in a series, and so will end up rather short and simplistic as a proof of concept, but also fully capable of standing alone if it flops.

The Creation War:
    DRAGONSOUL

Introduction:

The World:

Gameplay:

Rules:

Sign-ups:

Characters:

Any questions or clarification needed, just ask Renewal!

I am looking for a GM! PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: Here are my sign-ups, if you feel you need an example for archetypes and skills (though I'm a bit lazy on appearance and personality ):

Last edited by Renewal; 23rd August 2012 at 09:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Creation War: Dragonsoul

Name: Torveste
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Appearance:

Personality: Reserved, cautious, pragmatic, and (at times) genre-savvy
    History: Holding out on this one until I feel I have a better feel for the game-world. The culture is a little murky for me at the moment...
    Race: Elven
    Archetype: Archer
    Skills:
    Primary: Elemental Archer
    Through the use of the most rudimentary of wind-based magic, Torveste guides his arrows through the air to their intended target. Essentially a passive trait, improving the range, accuracy, and piercing-capabilities of his arrows.

Advanced: Aerial Acrobatics
    Through the magical manipulation of the wind, Torveste can generate brief, powerful gusts of wind to propel himself through the air (like, a few extra feet, not as a flight ability) to gain a tactical advantage in close combat - as a drawback, this tactic can understandably backfire and runs the risk of unintentionally aiding a more pragmatic foe, as well.

Epic: Microburst
    Just what it says on the can. In a pinch, Torveste can initiate a devastating microburst, knocking down trees, levelling small, vulnerable structures, and flooring all nearby combatants, both friend and foe. Naturally, this affects everyone nearby, including Torveste himself, so it isn't exactly the most prudent tactic.

Dragonsoul? Yes. Preferably wind, if we get to choose.

Other: Nothing at the moment, might think of something later.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 1st August 2012 at 01:07 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

I'll finish this guy, but I'm keeping it here so I remember to do stuff.

Name: Mugen Neverro
    Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance:
    Personality:
    History: Optional, but recommended. If you want to withhold it to make a dramatic reveal in-game, that's fine. But knowing the history of your character helps to flesh them out.

Race: Human
    Archetype: Scholar: One part scientist, one part theoligist, and one part magician, scholars are people who dedicate their lives to pursuit of knowledge on Mana, the Dragonsouls, and the Void. They commonly use a mixture of magic and technology, crafting machines that are just as mystical as they are scientific in princi
    Skills:
    Primary:
    Plasma Casters:
    Mugen wears a pair of gloves on his hands. While Mugen isn't very good at performing magic himself, he can use the gloves to emulate electricity-based magic to some extent. He can use these gloves to power mechanical objects, or fire bolts of lightning. He can also remove Mana bound to enchanted objects and transfer it to something else, bestowing the enchantment on something else. So if he took the mana from a flaming sword, he could then put it on an axe, and the axe would be on fire.

Advanced:
    Robot Creation:
    Mugen is experienced in creating robots. These machines can act on their own, and may or may not be capable of thought. Mugen needs to bind some of his Mana to them to power the machines. He also needs to find some manner of parts; It's not going to be easy for him to find the components for a flying robot that shoots lasers on a deserted island. It also takes some time to build robots, so it's not really practical to start making an android in the middle of a battlefield.

Epic:
    Time Splicer:

Dragonsoul? Yes. he has the electric dragon.

Other: Whatever doesn't fit into the above.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 1st August 2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Name: Jago Trevis
    Sexuality: Asexual
    Appearance: Jago has a lean, athletic build and stands at 5'10" tall. He always has a hood that obscures the top half of his face, although on the bottom half, he has a full beard.
    Personality: Jago has a very analytical mind, fast to gather a situation, fast to find the solution and quick amd ruthless in enacting it. Jago never shows any emotion and he has a serious lack of empathy, simply seeing any old worry as an inevitable fact that can no longer change, or if the problem is still current focused on seeking a solution.
    History: Very little is known of Jago. In fact, the first anyone had heard of him was when he opened a shop to sell his services to the less technically-minded. This is in fact his entire notable history.
    Race: Human!
    Archetype: Tinkerer: A Tinkerer is a technological mastermind - making unique gadgets and using them to great effect. A tinkerer is often difficult to pinpoint as their gadget skills can mean they will take o almost any role. Individually, Jago is very agile, wielding a one-handed sword, and his Flechette Launcher, a device strapped to his forearm that fires volleys of spikes and can deploy a small buckler (but it can't be a shield and spike launcher at once). Jago can materialise more ammo for the Launcher as he goes, which means ammo is not a concern.
    Skills:
    Primary: Sworderang: Throwing one's sword always works, and thanks to Jago's adaptation of his sword, it comes right back. Usually straight through someone's neck in both directions, neither of which are necessarily the same one. Similarly, Jago can retrieve his one-handed sword
    Advanced: Flechette Storm: By throwing Jago's Flechette Launcher into overdrive, he can fire it at rates matching today's fully-automatic firearms. However, this burns through his spikes much faster than he can materialise them and can potentially damage the device or his arm. As such, he can't use his Launcher for a while after a Flechette Storm.
    Epic: Overdrive: Jago can temporarily gain strength and speed far beyond that of a human, although the mechanisms by which he achieves this are unknown.
    Dragonsoul? Naw.
    Last edited by Plumbum; 21st August 2012 at 11:48 AM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Oh my holy. You made this waaay bigger. Will the SU's stay open after the start?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Camp View Post
    Oh my holy. You made this waaay bigger. Will the SU's stay open after the start?
    Ren's on vacation, so at the latest, it won't start until the 18th. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

I'd like to join, but my favorite kind of magic has to do with time-space manipulation, which doesn't seem to be here, so....

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmeKren View Post
    I'd like to join, but my favorite kind of magic has to do with time-space manipulation, which doesn't seem to be here, so....
    ...so you'll branch out? I assume that's where you were going with that, or you wouldn't have bothered posting here.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Ooh! Maybe that could fall under light or dark type? Renewal said that Dragonsouls are especially good at elemental magic, which implies magic doesn't necessarily have to be elemental in nature.

Blog Entries

You did say any reasonable fantasy race, so...

Name: Calasanz Grumiaux
    Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Black fur, with white stripes, resembles a sort of bipedal tiger. Has blue eyes. 6'5. Wears a linen gray shirt, with black cotton pants with a plethora of pockets. Has a sort of "utility belt" filled with "useful things" which tends to be filled with lock picks, rope, oil, anything she's nicked recently. Over all of this is a silky black cloak with gold-threaded trim. Has two black scimitars attached to her belt.
    Personality: Out-going, reasonable and friendly. She likes to keep things lighthearted and often jokes around, but is capable of being serious if necessary.
    History: I don't know much about the culture of the area either, so all I can put is that she frequently wanders the world for fortune, whatever it may be.

Race: Rakshasa- A race of bipedal felines. They tend to be powerful sorcerers and, although they disdain physical fighting as ignoble, they can be dangerous in close combat as well.
    Archetype: Thief/Sorcerer
    Skills:
    Primary-Feline Grace
    Can move swiftly and silently through inborn abilities and usually isn't noticed by her prey until it's too late to save their life... or more likely, their worldly possessions.
    Advanced-Shadow-Walking
    Can use shadows as a mode of transportation. The drawback is that it is very easy to get lost when you don't know what your doing and it is very disorient to the user if they are not used to doing such, Not the mention that entrances and exits from the "shadow world" tend to dissimilar with a simple application of light.
    Epic Shadow Manipulation
    Can control, and "Solidify" various shadows. (Think Gaara from Naruto with sand) At night it would be possible to literally drown someone in darkness. The drawback is that it is very energy consuming and it can't be done with the shadows of living beings.

Dragonsoul: Shadow

Other: Tends to only steal from people that are deliberately rude to her whether it's for her race or merchants that get "snippy" when she tries to haggle them down to a more(to her) reasonable price.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have returned! @Pi Face; @Plumbum; @Summer Camp; still interested?

@Master Mew; accepted. Hopefully the setting will be interesting and presentable; worldbuilding has always been a weakness of mine.

@AmeKren; accepted as well. As with Master Mew, hopefully you'll think up a deeper history once the RP actually starts and you're able to get a more tangible grasp of the setting.

Blog Entries

No problem.

Blog Entries

Still here, still in this!

Any word on Jago?
    Last edited by Plumbum; 18th August 2012 at 10:55 AM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

Still here, and still ready.

It's an odd feeling, I haven't actually participated in someone else's rp in quite some time now.

Am I still able to sign up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast