Start Ups CORE - Page 40
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: CORE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: CORE

Chris saw his fellow Frame members making their way to the Commander, and Chris was about to join them when he remembered what the strange woman had said. Surely, ignoring Kyra's order to get down there ASAP would be alright if he was doing something equally important? Chris brought out both his knife and Executioner, and began slowly following the guards to the docking ship.
    "Ah...you say you are going to save the world? Than I shall save the world as well!"
    "I am GOGO, master of the simulacrum...My miming skills will astonish you!"

Lost Time Memory Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

"Yeah Krya but you know I like it when you say my name," Andrew snickered slyly before following after his comrades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Isabel did as instructed, jumping into the air and descending into the chasm. She squeezed her eyes shut the second before she slammed into the ground. The chasm began to tremble from the impact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Krya's eyes widened a bit at that comment, a blush coming to her cheeks slightly. "Dammit, Andrew-"

The moment the tremor began to start, the Frame Leader braced herself. "Whoa...!"

The armored woman began to trip slightly, though kept her balance deftly. "Well, this is bad..." the woman made to leap quickly onto a ledge, performing a deft aerial backflip onto the opposing wall of the chasm.

"Catch her!" Krya cried out, making to run up the path. Quickly, the girl drew a firearm, being to open fire on the retreating woman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jaden growled,"They always gotta make it difficult.." He drew his sword and followed the commander, launching a sword wave
    at the fleeing woman but a little ahead of her in the hopes of cutting off her escape route...at least he hoped.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris saw the guards make their way to an impressive ship, and knew that he'd been right. Hre looked around, and saw some fuel containers. Chris grinned. Knowing he only had one shot, he aimed for the fuel tanks, and fired Executioner. It hit perfectly. Fuel began leaking everywhere, and the guards looked to see who had caused the mess.

Chris swore to himself as he was quickly surrounded. He supposed he should have thought of this part, but he was so concentrated on blocking their retreat he didn't think of what they would do. “Only one way out of this,” As Chris rushed at the guards, he activated communications to Kyra. “Commander, this is Frame Recruit Chris Franco. I have just stopped the retreat of a large platoon of guards, and am now under heavy fire. Requesting backup.” Chris frowned as he realized how much trouble he would get in, but passed it off. If he had let these guards go, they would just cause trouble on another planet.
    "Ah...you say you are going to save the world? Than I shall save the world as well!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As Krya began to run up the side of the chasm, missing each shot as they advanced; she'd received the message from Chris. "You did what?" she stated, turning to the woman. "Dammit... everyone, change of plans. We're helping Chris on the top of the chasm!" turning to Isabel, she nodded. "We need you to jump us up there, now!"

Sure, she was letting a potential VIP get away; but her subordinate was in danger. That was something she would not allow.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wes heard Chris's comment to Kyra through the communicator, and immediately thought, "Idiot." Though since he hadn't made it back to the rest of the team at the bottom of the canyon, he was much closer to the landing zone. He arrived and saw the idiotic mess that Chris had gotten himself into. Knowing the others were soon to be behind him, Wes quickly pulled out his sword, and jumped into the action, expertly dodging shots, while he attempted to slice the guards around him.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jaden stopped running and turned to his commander,"Chris is in trouble?" He looked after the
    woman and sighed, he wanted to stop her but the lives of his comrades came first,"That kid
    is so gonna owe us.." He thought to himself.

"Alright," He turned away,"Ready when you guys are."

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

"Why? There are plenty of us," 9 said, "Why don't we send back a few of us to check on what's happening and the rest of us can catch this woman?"
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Isabel slowly pulled herself up. "...Alright. Uh, climb on, I guess."

Post Thanks / Like

Chris messaged Kyra as he stabbed a guard. Chris realized that the wounds he had recieved were getting to serious for his Frame to heal. This would be his first- and last- mission for CORE. “Never mind, Commander. I...I have things under control. Just...keep doing what you're doing! Don't give up! The mission is all that mat...” At this point, a particularly smart guard shot Chris in the head. Chris' Frame gave a small glow, sent a message detailing its users death back to base, and Chris slumped onto the ground. The guards began cheering. “That'll show those Frame idiots...c'mon, lets get out of here before more of them come.”

As the guards left, Chris' Frame began emitting a soft glow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Julio was fighting a smile but he knew it would just make her angry at him. "Well, I've always had a knack for getting into things, both physically, through bashing things, which my CORE will help with, and technologically through code breaking. I looked at the buttons and lo and behold a set of them had been worn down more than the others, that meant these were important and I was right in assuming that whenever these machines were turned on they were pressed, meaning no matter what, these buttons were always pressed when the machine was turned on. The order in which they were pressed was the trickiest. The first button was easy, it had been worn down the most since most people don't miss the first keystroke, usually they miss the ones in the middle, meaning that even when you entered your password wrong you always hit this one, the first one," said Julio. "Then the next numbers are found through personality and the person, this made it tricky since I've only met you one brief instance but I know of you're military background. So a combination of your background and your body type, for how easy it would be to get from one button to the next, made it somewhat simpler. The first two digits are day you joined the military, naturally, then the next two were the day CORE was formed, the next three were, what you probably believed to be random, but are what people usually do, three buttons, the first in the middle, the second on their dominant hand's side, and the third on the opposite hand's side. After that it was simple as hitting enter," Julio stood there and couldn't help himself from smiling, he somewhat relished telling people of his escapades. "So, why hasn't this place been activated for a long time. The worn and used state of the machines means it was important, but the thick layer of dust means it has been in some disuse for awhile, and it obviously isn't broken, so why haven't you turned this machine on for ages?" said Julio, his curiosity now peaked.
    My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don't get it, I can't do it.
    -Morgan Freeman

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Should I see if I can find her?" Zerix inquired.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Commander I'm already here, I can handle most of them, though maybe 1 or 2 more would be helpful" Wes said, as he did his best to attack the soldiers. He had stopped his frontal attack considering there were too many soldiers, instead he had began to strategically attack the ones closest to him, taking cover when necessary. The soldier panted with fatigue as he hid behind a crate, "Well this is certainly putting my frame to full use"
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast