Start Ups CORE

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CORE

Yun
    Blog Entries

Default CORE

This is Yun with another RP in mind; one that I've actually been dying to do for a while, really. It fits in with what I wish to do, given my ever-present love for the technological magic world. Futuristic worlds with magic are always fun, in my honest opinion. This, however, presents mysticism in a much different way.

The world of CORE, or the Criminal Obstruction and Retribution Equip, is that of an interplanetary adventure. The game focuses on a large organization, CORE, which is considered to be the top militaristic and law enforcement organization in all of the planetary alliances. Its status at the top is due to its army of supersoldiers, who all are trained under strict and secret regimens that breed ascended warriors.

You are a new recruit in CORE's pride and joy, The Frame. The Frame is a sector of the organization which houses soldiers who are trained to fight in the titular armor types; granting them abilities that could only be called supernatural. From the ability to control fire to summoning organic monstrosities, nothing is impossible for those with a Frame. They have the best track record, having a 98.93% success rate in total for every mission ever done over the course of 53 years.

Your job as a member of CORE will be told to you after the Final Training Sessions are given out.

Coming into the world of CORE, you will be on the flagship base of Titan; a space station described to be the size of a city. All Frame members will have their own rooms on board Titan.

Start-Up Begins...

CORE : OOC

1. No godmodding, minimodding, power playing, or tennising.

2. Keep OOC within the OOC thread. If you need someone to see your OOC message, mention them. Do not post OOC in the RP, itself; unless you absolutely need to.

3. All BMGf rules apply. All Roleplay Section rules apply.

Banned Frame Abilities

Existing Frame Abilities

Kori Taphen

Krya Taphen

NOTE: For all of those that are asking what a Frame is like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun View Post
    [...] imagine it as varying levels of full-body armor. Like this, or this. However, every frame's color and overall scheme is your choice. However, it's a full body armor with a retractable helmet.
    All members with late sign-ups, please send via PM!
    Last edited by Yun; 2nd April 2013 at 05:08 PM.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Default Re: CORE (Sign-Ups)

Can you reserve me a spot until I post my sign up?
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Yun
    Blog Entries

@Terram Validus;

No problem. Reserved.

Blog Entries

Ah, this looks interesting... Yes, once I have time, I'll type up and post a sign-up.

Scholar of Arcane Arts ShoggothJr's Avatar

I'll be out for a week so I won't be able to write a signe up. In the unlikely event of all being ready before I come back could you guys please wait for me? This sounds like fun.

One question though, will we participate on the final training session or you'll just narrate it?

Riding The Storm Out Infinity Storm's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Infinity Storm's Youtube Channel

Ok figured I'd join a new RP and this one looks promising. Hopefully I'm understanding the concept thus far....anyways here ya go :P

Name: Thomas Floresca

Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance: Thomas is relatively tall (around 5'11 or so) with a moderate amount of muscle to his build. He has semi-short blonde hair and jade-green eyes, and varies his casual attire just as often as he does his combat strategies. Additionally, he has a faint tan to his skin, for various reasons which are of little significance.

As for his frame, Thomas favors a more mechanical-appearing suit with a predominately green-centered color scheme. It is designed to allow its user to wear the specialized gauntlets that he relies heavily on, and is somewhat lightweight in design. Its main feature is the eyepiece connected to the Frame's helmet, which greatly enhances Thomas' eyesight and overall accuracy.

Personality: Thomas tends to be a more calculative type of individual than most would care for, both in battle and out. He generally means well, but can come off as awkward in most situations. Despite his calculative demeanor, he usually acts as he thinks, finding hidden intentions often impractical, and he tries to be friendly when possible.

Frame Ability: Thomas' frame ability is known as Shock System. Loosely speaking, it allows him to utilize his energy in the forms of laser beams (which are colored like his own eyes) which he can, to a certain degree, control or steer to corner opponents. The lasers themselves can be used in many different forms, with more complex techniques having a consequently larger toll on their user. In addition to his skill being almost exclusively based off of his own physical energy, he is very lacking in any sort of close range ability. Thus, he tends to fight from a distance.

Weapon: Thomas uses a pair of specialized gauntlets to further his grasp on his own lasers. While he can still control them without the armored gloves, his abilities are seemingly more precise when they are used. Their main benefit is the added ability to fire lasers directly from his palm and fingertips.
    Last edited by Infinity Storm; 19th March 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Awesome Banner by Blue Dragon

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

Very interesting concept...

Name: 9 (Nickname, true name unknown)
    Orientation: Asexual? If they let him kill things, he doesn't care about gender. But don't expect him to fall in love with anyone. He doesn't genuinely care for anyone.

Appearance: 9 has a fairly charming appearance, with a few odd quirks. He has short, dark brown hair and somewhat pale skin. 9's face is one of his greatest blessings (for him, a curse for those he chooses to seduce or deceive). It is beautiful, with perfectly placed features and a precisely defined chin. Almost everyone is astonished by his face, regardless of orientation. He has dull, black eyes that contrast with the rest of his appearance by seeming cold and unfeeling. He usually wears whatever uniform is applicable for his current job or a charming suit. He is somewhat thin, likely from his tendency to only eat when necessary. While some of his features are somewhat odd, they merely add to his mysterious charm.

Personality:9 is an utterly sadistic psychopath. He cares for little else but the feeling he gets from killing and causing pain in people. It is the only feeling he genuinely feels, and he doesn't care how it feels, only that he feels it. He understands the emotions and feelings of others enough to emulate them, but never felt them himself. He maintains the persona of a charming "secret agent"-like person based on movies he saw as a child, a charming, edgy and mysterious person, to great effect. He always keeps up this act, unless he knows that he is alone, or that whoever he is with won't be leaving the room alive, then he becomes nearly emotionless, apart from when he causes pain, during which he acts very strangely, biting his teeth and doing other odd habits that would be out of character for his normal persona. He is a calculating and fierce killer, who never lets emotion get in the way. This is why he was chosen as a member of Frame. He is ruthlessly efficient, but knows his place. He knows that he has to co-operate in order to continue killing. If he doesn't survive, his trail of blood will end. So he wouldn't betray Frame, at least, not while they have power over him. Before he was taken into Frame, he was an assassin in a criminal organization, who killed secretly for coin. When he was inevitably caught, he was spared his punishment as the government saw use for him in Frame, though much psychological testing was necessary to ensure his relative stability.

Frame Ability: The ability to cause any amount of pain in the brain of any organic creature in the area (about the area of an apartment building, maybe) at will. This allows him to, at smaller degrees, convince people to obey him, and at greater degrees, cause insanity and possibly suicide.*

Weapon: 9 always carries a pistol and a hidden knife with him for self-defense (or for attacking people. Whichever is the case at the time). He isn't especially trained with either, however.

Edit: Oh, I have a question also, what do the Frames look like? Are they like mecha, suits of armor, or clothes, or what? And do they all look the same?

*Only works on those with a weaker will.

Edit2:
    Frame appearance: His frame appears somewhat lighter than others, and is nearly skintight. It is black as the darkest night and has red electric lights pulsing on and off that crisscross over it like veins. The "eyes" also pulse with a red light. It is designed to be quite imposing, especially in the dark where all one can see are the glowing veins and sinister eyes.

Edit3:
    @Yun
    Since all the other Frames seem to have names, his is called Acheron.
    Last edited by ImperialSunlight; 19th March 2013 at 06:52 PM.
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

Yun
    Blog Entries

@Tailgate;

No problem at all. I can't wait to see it.

@ShoggothJr;

In that event, I'll tell you that I can actually give you a super-reservation of sorts. If, in the event, that we need to close sign-ups, I'll still let you give me yours via PM and we can most definitely allow you in. Don't worry, I'll make sure you won't miss much, okay?

In response to your question, I will be posting the Final Training Session, and you all will be taking it together.

@Infinity Storm;

Very nice, and quite the good sign-up. Accepted. You captured it perfectly.

@ImperialSunlight;

Very interesting concept and sign-up, sir. Accepted. However, for your power; I would say only have that work on those with a weaker will, as it would be a bit overpowered. I can add that as a note, if you'd like. It's incredibly good, and perfect for this though.

And, in response to your question; imagine it as varying levels of full-body armor. Like this, or this. However, every frame's color and overall scheme is your choice. However, it's a full body armor with a retractable helmet.

I'll post that as a note in the top portion, as that's a question I've gotten a lot of haha.
    Last edited by Yun; 19th March 2013 at 05:37 AM.

Riding The Storm Out Infinity Storm's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Infinity Storm's Youtube Channel

Hmmm.... I feel like I should be concerned if that description made me immediately think of Dead Space. Anyways at some point I'll edit mine to add description of the suit design. Plus I wanna give him a few named techniques XD

Awesome Banner by Blue Dragon

Name: Chris Franco
    Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance: Chris stands tall at 6'4", with a pretty strong build. He has a few scars on his chest from years of battles. His black hair is cut fairly short, giving a view of his green eyes. His nose is rather pointed.

His armor looks like Master Cheifs armor, but entirely Grey.

Personality: Chris is a very protective person, always insisting on protecting his friends. He hates making sacrifices, but is willing to in order to complete the mission at hand. He is a brutal person in battle, but a very gentle person outside of it. One sentence that would accurately describe him would be: Never piss him off.

Frame Ability: Chris' Frame ability is titled Call of Duty. Chris can take much more damage than a normal person, and can recover from wounds during battle if given enough time. If Chris takes too much damage and is killed, he will eventually reappear at a safe location, but weaker than the previous respawn until he is given a few days of rest

NOTE: The respawn only works if he suffered a death by the hands of an enemy. If he died of an explosion, as long as it was started by his opponent, he'll come back. If he died of natural causes, a disease or an explosion NOT caused by the opponent or ally, he WILL die, and NOT return.

Weapon: Chris prefers to use the Executioner Revolver and a combat knife. He is trained in other weapons, though.
    Last edited by Madara Uchiha; 19th March 2013 at 06:40 PM.
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Name: Wesley (Wes) Chamberlain
    Orientation: Straight

Appearance: Wes stands around 5’9 and weighs about 140 lbs. He wouldn’t be considered really thin nor fat, rather, just average, which mainly describes himself as a person as well. Same with his build, upon looking at him, he wouldn’t be considered weak, or strong. He has fair colored skin and brown-ish colored eyes and he uses glasses sometimes if he has trouble focusing while reading. His hair is brown and mainly short, but it is always styled to look perfect, Miles takes great pride in his appearance. His typical attire consists of jeans or brown pants, along with a sweater or button-up shirt. The attire changes on the weather however, with shorts and a varying color t-shirt being worn for warmer weather.

Personality: Wes is a bit of a snob, he typically feels like others are usually below him and he can probably do most things better than they could. He is generally easy going, but he enjoys having a routine and structure to his daily activities. If they can tolerate him, he usually gets along with most people, and enjoys having popular friends who are usually attractive, which Wes also considers himself to be. He also is kind of a ladies man, and likes to flirt with girls. His typical attitude is generally kind of lazy, and he typically does the minimal amount of work required for whatever activity he finds himself doing. When he’s not being a snob to people, his sense of humor is extremely sarcastic and he usually portrays a sense of apathy for most things, depending on how he feels about them.

Frame Ability: Wes’s Frame ability is called Chevalier; it allows him to see things a moment before they happen while in combat. It essentially makes fighting in hand to hand combat much easier. This is especially useful with his weapon which is more or less a futuristic sword that looks medieval.

Weapon: A futuristic laser sword that is used in combination with his Frame’s ability making him quite useful in close combat. Though without the sword, Wes’s hand to hand combat skills are not was they are as when he has the sword.

Wes's frame is designed to look like a suit of armor, thus painted silver and follows the overall theme of his ability and weapon; like a knight.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Scholar of Arcane Arts ShoggothJr's Avatar

Name: James Roris
    Orientation: Straight

Appearance: He's 5.7 feet tall with an average-slim build. Has very short, black unkempt hair which tends to be spiky. With Dark brown eyes and a medium skinned, James has large eyes that fit with the rest of his face and make him somewhat good looking.

Personality: James is not exactly friendly. He tends to be alone, but he is very efficient regarding teamwork. He can manage a team as well as follow orders fluently (whenever he agrees), however he may find himself stuck on hard choices. He relies heavily on himself, and he won't hesitate to do whatever he thinks he should. This may create conflicts with his teammates. Before CORE James minded his own business, but in here his business is his team, and he will give it all to make things work. He sees this as an opportunity to be part of something big and be useful to someone other than himself.

Frame ability - Electric blood: James was born with a genetic flaw that causes the secretion of a certain protein in his blood, which causes it to be able to conduct electricity. He is able to absorb and discharge current from places of his body with a high amount of arteries near the skin. This used to be a problem because whenever his heart pumped blood faster than usual, the electricity in his body would rush everywhere, shooting bolts uncontrollably; and whenever his body was lacking current, it would absorb it automatically from any device nearby. However with his new electric resistant Frame armor James is able to control his current through wires connected to the sensible spots of his body, directing it to the only exits in his suit: His hands and head. He can basically now shoot bolts of lightning from both hands as well as from the holes in his head like ears and nostrils, but this last method makes him dizzy at best. His attacks are very fast, yet lack accuracy and will affected by whatever electronic machine is nearby. He has a limited amount of energy in his body, but he can recharge from any lectronic device as well as from the battery-backpack in his Frame suit. However an overcharge can and will be mortal for him, since he has a normal body besides being electricaly charged. This is, too much electricity will bring a countless list of reasons to die like a heart attack, brain infarction, massive hemorrhage, severe internal burns and even biting his own tongue during a convulsion and drowning in his own blood.

Weapon: James uses a special gun which is aroung the size of an average 45 caliber handgun. This one however doesn't shoot bullets, but it's fed on the energy produced by James's body transmited throught his hands. The gun fires once it stops recieving electricity, which enhances the normal zap to a charged version, and it's accuracy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I found some spare time to write down my sign-up. Thanks for the reply, see you on monday.
    Last edited by ShoggothJr; 19th March 2013 at 06:30 PM.

Yun
    Blog Entries

@kenshin akagi;

I will accept this sign-up, as it seems balanced enough. However, your Frame needs to be a full-body. It can be any design, but not having a full-body armor is unavailable due to the fact that the Frames have to allow you to breathe in space.

Keep this in mind, and accepted.

@Terram Validus;

I can only assume that your Frame does not give you increased amounts of speed, but simply allows you to see. It'll be up to your own reflexes to determine whether or not you are capable of countering attacks. If this is the case, then I can most definitely approve; as it is impressive.

I'll add that as a note if this is the case, and accepted.

@ShoggothJr;

Very nice, accepted.

See you on Monday.

Blog Entries

Name: Zerix Lentinz
    Orientation: Straight.
    Appearance: Taller, brown hair, a more slender build than other soldiers. He has blue-green eyes and a light beard. his hair is short, but his bangs are longer. There is one scar above his eyebrow, he never says where he got it. His armor is... well... like Mass Effect reapers. And blue with purple accents.
    Personality: Very wise and inquisitive. He is not a brute, he fights because he believes that justice is the only principle by which man should follow. He talks very philosophical, using proverbs and metaphors.
    Frame Ability: His Frame Ability is Teleport. Self-explanatory, he can instantly move to any nearby open location (further distances use more energy) and even take things with him (again, more energy.)
    Weapon: hand-mounted lazor (yes, that is how it is spelled.)

Blog Entries

This sounds pretty interesting, perhaps you can reserve me a spot?

Also, do you think we should include a bit of history behind our character?

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast