-Control-Altnernative Magic of the Gathering RP Sign Ups (non-Pokemon RP)

Thread: -Control-Altnernative Magic of the Gathering RP Sign Ups (non-Pokemon RP)

Blog Entries

Lightbulb -Control-Altnernative Magic of the Gathering RP Sign Ups (non-Pokemon RP)

I REQUIRE MY PLAYERS TO BE ACTIVE, RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS AS WELL AS THE DECISIONS MADE BY THE GM! Thank You! :)

-waves- Hi there! To all the fans of Magic of the Gathering this will be an attempted rp at my fanfic concept of "Control". Basically an alternate form of MTG that lets us play magic on earth - will you be one of the few humans in which an Alma has claimed as their player? Read my concept and sign up here to give it a try!

The bigger picture:
    The Foundation of Magic on Earth
    Wizards describe their players in their Magic of the Gathering card game as Planeswalkers. I, on the other hand, understand that earth is not a plane and rather a part of a separate functioning universe that coexists alongside the multiverse, and My Players are chosen mortals that must acknowledge their place in "magic" and figure out the mystery behind the "Almae".
    In my fanfiction, "Control",
    unseen events take place and throw creatures of the multiverse onto our earthly existence. These creatures seek humans out who they believe will justify their cause, whatever it may be. Each creature carries a strange object called an artifact in which enables the creature a link to their home plane and thus allows them to be able to draw mana into our world. These objects are called "Control". - When these creatures create a bond with a human, the humans become players in the vast world of the magic universe and the creature earns themselves the title of "Alma", "Almae" for plural. Players are mortals defined by our earthly laws, however with the help of spells, their Almae and mana they can eventually overcome these laws and the events that are to take place.

The logical "rulings" to Control:
    (Little bit shaky but mostly all here! Careful of the technicalities....)
    For roleplay sake - these rulings do NOT need to be memorized at all.
    They are more of a background to lean upon for help with writing.

The Roleplay Scenario:
    Our story begins in a random area of the United States in the year of 2013, where fields of corn, beans and wheat stretch out to nothingness, squiggly shaped lakes lie still untouched beneath deep lime green thickets and the people who call this place home are happy to have its invisible barrier of silence as their refuge. There is one or two points of this town that give it a lively atmosphere now and then, and one of them is the little Stormy Community College and it will be our designated vocal point for this roleplay. This college offers a little bit of everything an attending student could ask for - cafeteria, bookstore, library, music rooms, art rooms, a little bitty gym near the only field on campus, computer tech building, science building that should really be stripped clean and redone after the last failed experiment... Language Arts building and all the major faculty offices residing a floor beneath the cafeteria. The 2 tiny box like club rooms are sitting across from the main doors to the cafeteria.

Within this college, my Main character has recently started up a Dungeons and Dragons club and is currently searching out more members to fill both officers and the everyday members slots. Sign-ups for the club will take place in the start-up thread - the officer rankings will be: Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Communications. Your character does NOT have to join this club, your character does not have to be a college student to be apart of this club; your character can be any age, any gender, anything you want it to be as long as something in its background gives it a reason to be soliciting on campus grounds.

Eventually, once introductions are done, the club will be having a special survival field trip - be mentally prepared for this! This helps the rp to take away from the "oh show up at school and talk with friends and then go home" scenario. My main character, the Club President, knows a secret about the existence of magic and Almae and she's going to fumble the club members and other immediate players through the door to an adventure not like the ones you can have on earth. Will the club members stick to their guided leader and chase down the unfolding mystery, or wreak havoc with their magic touch?

My RP Rules:

Sign-UP Template:

My Main Character's Bio:

My Secondary Character:

Last edited by celeblaiz; 15th February 2013 at 11:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: -Control-Altnernative Magic of the Gathering RP Sign Ups (non-Pokemon RP)

Name: Jean Paul Lautrec
    Nickname: Mostly just goes by Jean.
    Appearance: Jean is fairly tall, at 6'1, with a slender build. His skin is peach colored, due to spending much of his time training with Billy outside. His hair is black, and falls around his ears in a somewhat messy style. His eyes are dark brown, and he tends to dress casually, in a t-shirt and jeans. When at home, he wears no pants. Sometimes he forgets to put them back on when leaving the house.
    Favorite Subject(s): Programming
    Favorite MTG Playstyle: While he just started and isn't very good, his deck is blue. It's very defensive, summoning lots of Illusions, while keeping enemy creatures away with Unsummon, Ice Cage, and Time Ebb. He also has lots of cards that let him draw more cards, both for the added versatility and powering up his Aeon Chronicler.
    Hobbies: Video games, anime, creepypasta, skateboarding, sometimes drugs.
    Personality: Jean's main problem these days is that he's a bit myopic. Not physically, but mentally. If something won't give him an immediate reward, he has a hard time getting motivated. He's plenty clever, and good at memorizing facts, which is how he got a full-ride scholarship. But now that he's in college and has to actuall study, he's not doing so hot.
    This shortsightedness also manifests himself in interactions with others. He's a tad...Forward with women. Even when their boyfriends are around.
    It does help him occasionally. He's very brave. It's not so much that he's ignoring his fear, and more that he's not thinking about the consequences of his actions. But if he saw a burning building with a woman on the top floor screaming for help, he wouldn't hesitate to break down the door. And then ask her for her number while his hair was on fire.
    Understanding of the Control Concept: Jean has very little understanding of why he's a wizard. He actually sucks at magic, and prefers Yu-Gi-Oh. He's a bit worried he's going insane or turning into a magical girl.
    Short Bio: Jean was until fairly recently a hikkikomori. He stayed inside most of the time, watching anime and skipping class. That is, until a horrible tentacle monster straight from one of those weird comics he keeps hidden under his bed appeared and told him he was a wizard. Fearing for his marital purity, he fled.

Later, Jean decided that the monster must have been a hallucination caused by him having not spoken to another person for a week and the bad karma from slacking off. So he started going to class again and joined Dungeons and Dragons club. After buying a Magic deck, he realized that one of the cards looked almost exactly like the being he had seen before. Upon returning home, he found a chihuahua on his bed. It introduced itself as Billy the Phantasmal Abomination, and told him that he needed to learn magic. Jean, worried that it would turn back into a tentacle beast, agreed to become it's student.

Alma
    Card Name/Species: Phantasmal Abomination
    Nickname: Billy
    Converted Mana Cost: Blue
    Control Artifact: A small jar of green fluid. A ping-pong ball-sized chunk of what appears to be a chunk of gray matter floats inside.
    Plane they call Home: Adarkar
    Personality: Billy is surprisingly nice for a living helping of mindfuck. He regards humans as mostly interesting and a tad cute. Their stray thoughts are quite tasty as well. For the sake of the sanity of others and fitting through doorways, he usually takes a smaller form other than his base. He does sometimes go up to people and lick their heads. Since most people can't see him, it usually just manifests in forgetting where they put their car keys .
    Level of human intelligence: Roughly human level, although he likes to pretend he's an omniscient being. Can communicate via telepathy.
    Short Bio: Billy's main body is not actually the shapeshifting being he appears as. Rather, that's just a psychic projection created by the actual Billy, which is the chunk of brain floating in a jar. Billy is his own control artifact, a part of the mind of the Planeswalker who created him. Emancipated from his master for unknown reasons, he traveled dimensions until he found someone who looked like his master. That is to say, Jean.

All but me, charge.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Default Re: -Control-Altnernative Magic of the Gathering RP Sign Ups (non-Pokemon RP)

-waves- Your character bio is very unique and clever at the same time. Nice to have you aboard!

Blog Entries

I gave some thought to your illusion alma sir, I accept it but lets change the meaning of "sacrificing" once it becomes the target of something. My piers and I have discussed the mannerism of illusion Almae and it seems that they should have the same characteristics as what earthly humans describe as an illusion*, and when they become sacrificed they are merely "popped" back into their original forms or temporarily dispersing and reappearing. Now if you were to cast an illusion creature spell, then that would then become sacrificed and not have the same characteristics of your awesome alma.

*illusion (ɪˈluːʒən)
    — n
    1. a false appearance or deceptive impression of reality: the mirror gives an illusion of depth
    (you probably already thought of this... *bows sincerely if that was bothersome to draw out*)

Blog Entries

Well, yeah. Billy's just a body part that the chunk of brain in a jar uses to interact with the world. Like a remote control car. So unsummoning would just get rid of the projection and mean that he needs to make a new one, which takes a while.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx