The Completionist's Ire Competition - Kanto Run (Sign-ups)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Completionist's Ire Competition - Kanto Run (Sign-ups)

Blog Entries
    Follow Kamen_Fanatic On Twitter Add Kamen_Fanatic on Facebook Add Kamen_Fanatic on MySpace
    Visit Kamen_Fanatic's Youtube Channel

Post The Completionist's Ire Competition - Kanto Run (Sign-ups)

The year is 2013. Not much of a timeskip, no? Anyway, a rather rich and bored 33-year-old billionaire by the name of Hilda Marathon had decided to make herself into the public eye by arriving in a world-traveling blimp/airship that declared a tournament for both Trainers and Coordinators.

The name of the game? “The Completionist’s Ire” Tournament, and why it is named so will be explained. The kink in the competition? She’s taking in only rookie trainers who had just started out their journey, viewing them more ready and pliable to take on this challenge. The winner of this competition will be famous the world over and will get a giant trophy for each region and a million PokeDollers also for each region.

The goal? Capture then raise all non-Legendary Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova in all forms. There will be a six month break between each region run, so no worries of going mad from a Hell gauntlet.

So, ready to sign your life away?

--------------------------------------------------
    Sign-ups:

My Sign-ups:

=========

Role-Play rules:
    1. All pre-existing forum rules are applied.
    2. World rules are both Anime and Games, so that means no Godmodding or Mary Sues. After three warnings, you’re toast.
    3. No excessive violence/gore (a la “Final Destination”, “1000 Ways to Die”, “Mortal Kombat”, etc.).
    4. No explicit romance (just putting up here just in case).
    5. If players fight, I will end it.
    6. You can leave the RP at any time. Just notify me first.
    7. Do not go overboard. Just because this is a competition RP does not give you the right to be a dick.

Game rules:

Penalties

• Destroying the helmet camera intentionally will result in a 25 Point reduction and a new helmet will be handed to you. Accidental cases will get a new helmet with no penalty.
    • Harassing fellow competitors will result in a 10 Point reduction. Continuing offenders will have the Point reduction increased by 10 for every offense. By offense #10, the offender will lose 100 Points and will be disqualified from the game for being a dick.
    • Stealing Pokémon from other Trainers/Competitors will result in your points cut in half. Do it three times, you are disqualified for being a lowly thief.
    • Trying to kill your fellow Competitors will result in you losing all of your points and be disqualified for attempted homicide.

Now, how the jobs for the Staff Members works are this:
    1. Personal Bodyguards: Self-explanatory. They protect Hilda from any harm, be it from outside attackers or from Hilda herself.
    2. Competitor Watchers: These guys are the ones that keep an eye on their assigned Competitor. They signal Competitor Arrestors and Supply Runners to go in.
    3. Competitor Arrestors: These guys are called out when someone is disqualified or had quit. They come and collect the Competitor. If they resist, the Arrestors are allowed to use force, but nothing lethal.
    4. Supply Runners: These guys are the ones ship supplies straight to the Competitors once they either are running low, ran out, or lost them during an accident.
    5. Item Droppers: These guys drop crates of items for Competitors to use.
    6. Faux Droppers: These guys are identical to Item Droppers (down to delivery and appearance), but their drop crates hold items that are near useless.

Core Supplies handed by Supply Runners:

Drop Crates (Item Drops):

Drop Crates (Faux Drops)

NOTES:
    How some Items work in my world:

Also, I know that the Flutes are made into nothing more than glorified Nuggets in Gen. V, but I love the Flutes too much to let that stop me!

And if you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
    Last edited by Kamen_Fanatic; 1st April 2012 at 10:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Completionist's Ire Competition - Kanto Run (Sign-ups)

Coupla questions, broski. What region do we start in? And on that note, wouldn't the clothing section be kinda moot, seeing as character clothing will change regularly during the RP due to said uniform? Also, where're we putting starter pokemon?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries
    Follow Kamen_Fanatic On Twitter Add Kamen_Fanatic on Facebook Add Kamen_Fanatic on MySpace

Good questions!

As in the title suggests, we are starting in the Kanto region!

As for clothing, all the uniform would consist of is an arm band, a vest/jacket, and a helmet. Not exactly military uniform worthy...

As for starter Pokemon, thanks for the heads up. Blame the all-nighter that I'm putting into this.

Blog Entries

Also, does the helmet have to be worn at all times? Sounds like it'd be a pain to have to wear it all the time. Could my dude like tape it to his shoulder, like some kinda badass sexy sexy shoulder helmet?
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 19th February 2012 at 07:28 AM.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Well, it's also to prevent head injuries, but as long as the camera still rolls (by the by, it's a tube camera placed just above the right ear of the helmet) and the Watchers have a good idea of what you're doing, yeah, you can put it anywhere.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Can I reserve two characters?

Blog Entries

Name: Ein Nielson
    Sexuality: I don't think 12 year olds really have one. He is interested in women, though.
    Personality: One thing many people notice about Ein is how he's a strategist: He thinks almost everything through before he does it. He's extremely analytical, and believes everything can be reduced to absolutes. This means that he's very logical. Unfortunately, while he might be kinda badass in a Batman-esque type way, he hasn't quite adjusted to current times, and often calls things "swell" and "keen." He's also quite open with his love for the ladies, and the occasional man.
    Appearance:
    (Physical): One look at Ein's icy blue eyes betrays his analytical, logical mindset: They're always alert, taking things in. Behind them, information is always being processed. Ein realizes that too much fat makes people stupid: He's very thin, and also very tall. His hair is a medium length, and a silvery color. When it's not under his hat, it sticks straight up
    (Clothing and other articles): As mentioned, Ein's hair sticks straight up. So he hides it under a beige fedora. He also managed to stuff the machinery for his helmet in it, since he didn't feel like running around with dorky headgear. Of course, he's perfectly fine with wearing dorky other gear. He usually wears a blue button shirt, which he wears a red tie in conjunction with. He also always wears a pair of suspenders, despite also wearing a belt over his tan jeans. On his shoes, he has a pair of black dress shoes.
    History: Eizen's clothes are old fashioned for a good reason: He himself is technically over 50. Physically, he's still 12, but he was frozen in a freak accident involving an Abomasnow, some ice cream, and a tennis racket. He was recently discovered and thawed out. Before he died, his father ran a florist's shop. But with Ein having disappeared, he got really depressed. His heart wasn't in making colorful bouquets, and the family business languished. After being thawed, he met up with his father, who is terminally ill. He has only a few years left to live. Eli's dream now is to resurrect the family business, to make his fathers last years the happiest ever.
    Starter Pokemon: Budew
    Other:
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 25th March 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Accepted.

@Steller Haze : Yes you can.
    Last edited by Kamen_Fanatic; 22nd April 2012 at 02:48 AM.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Calvin O'Brien
    Sexuality: Straight
    Personality: Calvin is not a social person at all. His Aspergers combined with previous experiences with people prevents him from forging, let alone sustained a friendship with anyone but Camille. With a concerted effort however, he can put aside his antisocial tendencies and become a loyal companion to anyone, especially if they did something for him. Outside of his antisociality, he has a militaristic discipline, but is also quiet and laid-back. He has a tendency to make deadpan, snarky, and sarcastic remarks when someone leaves themselves open to it.

Appearance:
    (Physical): He has fair skin, golden-brown spiky hair, blue eyes, and a round face. He stands at 6'3" with an average build.
    (Clothing and other articles): blue hat with a gray Poké Ball symbol, gray long sleeve undershirt, blue gloves with gray fingers, blue cargo jeans, and blue shoes with gray trim.
    Starter Pokemon: Snivy
    History: Calvin is the youngest in his family, along with his twin sister, Camille. He lived in Castelia City with his family. His older sister and brother, along with their parents, were killed in a brutal storm when the twins were 7. The twins barely managed to survive, and fled Castelia City, ending up in Nacrene City a few days later. They lived in the wild, away from people, until they turned 10, and became trainers. Not long after starting, they heard of a competition going on in Kanto, and took several boats to get there.
    Other:

Name: Camille O'Brien
    Sexuality: Bi
    Personality: Camille is antisocial, though not as much as Calvin. She can be quite friendly to some people. She shares the same militaristic discipline, but is also quiet and laid-back. When she isn't in a quiet mood, she is very sarcastic and snarky, but is more polite than Calvin.
    Appearance:
    (Physical) Camille has a round face like Calvin, fair skin, long black straight hair that falls past her waist and is usually kept in a ponytail, and blue eyes. She stands at 5'9", and is significantly curvy for her age group.
    (Clothing and other articles) Black short-sleeve blouse, black skirt, black leggings, and black ballerina shoes.
    Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    History:
    Other:
    Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Calvin; 25th March 2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Blog Entries

Question. How did they get to Kanto?

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A series of boats rides.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Blog Entries

Accepted.

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'mma reserve a spot for when I can get on my laptop.

I can't sign up for an RP from my phone. I'd go crazy XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

Same here. Reserved.

Charizard fan since 1996 Charraze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reserve me a spot please

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast