The Chronicles of Utropica Island - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles of Utropica Island

Follow Glitch On Twitter Add Glitch on Facebook
    Visit Glitch's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Chronicles of Utropica Island

Hey, its Glitch/Zookie from Neo. Sorry this is a bit rambly and took awhile to get put up-- been busy with schoolwork. .______.

Name; Jaron Kitch
    Age; 20, nearly 21
    Gender; male

Profession; Trainer/Traveler
    Jaron is keen on adventuring. He absolutely lives for exploring and discovering the unknown. Jaron documents his findings (or anything he finds interesting, really) in a beat up notepad filled with notes and sketches that he carries in a knapsack on his back. Along the way he'll train his partners and try to earn Gym badges when necessary, although it is not his first priority.
    The hunger for knowledge is what brought him to the group exploring the island. He wants to know why. Why hasn't the island healed? Why is it a desolate wasteland of, well, nothing?

Appearance;
    build; Jaron is tall, standing at approximately 6'1", with a lightly built, long-legged, lean frame. He's tanned and muscled from always being out in the sun and exploring. By "exploring", we mean clambering over rocks, stumbling up hills, crawling around on all fours, wading through rivers and anything else necessary to get to anything that he could find remotely fascinating.
    face; Jaron's hair is short and naturally a dark brown, but its got natural sun highlights making it more of a medium brown. Its wavy, but is kept usually at ear length or a little shorter. He likes to put gel in it to spike it ever so slightly. His eyes are a very light blue and lacking in pigment, making them look almost a stormy grey on occasion. Jaron has a light splash of freckles across his cheeks as well.
    clothing; Jaron isn't too picky with what he wears. He's not generally "weather-conscious", and typically only notices if he's uncomfortable (too hot/cold) if he's standing still. Its not uncommon for him to be in a v-neck t-shirt and cargo shorts on a cold, brisk, windy day.
    That being said, cargo shorts, jeans and v-necks/t-shirts make up the majority of Jaron's wardrobe. He prefers sneakers over everything when it comes to footwear, but he won't object to a nice pair of hiking boots.

First Impression;
    Jaron is pretty easy-going, silly and tends to speak before thinking about the consequences. He'll usually try to lighten the mood of any situation. Although he doesn't mean to hurt feelings, Jaron's use of sarcasm can be pretty heavy and might come off as insulting. He loves to tell corny, immature, annoying jokes that would make some people roll their eyes and laugh but make most roll their eyes and scoff at him. He uses his hands and makes gestures when he talks, which make him appear somewhat scatter-brained. Jaron is generally one of the friendliest guys, but if something is done to upset him, he can turn stone cold. He tends to hold grudges and these can be minor and short or long drawn out affairs. Confident and proud, he usually isn't the one to say sorry first, even if he knows the problem is his fault.

Introduction;
    "Well, hiya. The name's Jaron Kitch, but I don't care whatcha call me... as long as I know you're talking to me, I guess. Most people just call me Jaron or Kitch. Uhh, anyway. I'm almost twenty-one and from Sunyshore City in the Sinnoh region. I love traveling, but that'll always be my home.

The main reason as to why I'm here would probably be to help explore. Sounds lame, I know. But I'm always wanting to know more about the world and the people and Pokemon in it. I'm a pretty decent Trainer too, so my Pokemon and I would definitely be willing to help out with anything needed.

That's about it, I think."

Pokemon;

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Glitch; 11th April 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Name: Rei Valentine

Profession: Storyteller. He was asked to join to record stories of Utropica Island and he has an exstensive knowledge of the Islands history.

Appearance: http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/darkdemon334/role%20play/rp.jpg

First Impression: Is extremely quiet, spending more time in his journal than anything else. Seems very hostile, as if he would snap your neck in an instant. He talks to people on an equal level, but some people can't shake the feeling...as if he despises them...

Introduction: "Hello everyone. My name is Rei Valentine. I was asked to tour the Island by some professor. I have an exstensive history gathered on the island, stemming from Legends and Facts, Truths and Lies."

"I hope my knowledge can assist the rest of you gathered here understand the true concept of Utropica; an island, no, a PARADISE! Clouded by misfortune! Many of you might be wondering why a Storyteller is coming on this trip. Many things people need to know are stemmed from history. If a plant starts appearing in a location that it has never appeared in before, than how can you tell it's not supposed to be there without history saying it shouldn't? Exactly. Thank you, and good-day."

Pokemon:
    Brave Male Reuniclus-Shinra
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Moves: Shadow ball, Strength, Psychic, Psyshock

Timid Male Emboar-Porkchop
    Blaze
    Moves: Scald, Brick break, Heat Crash, Flamethrower

Naive Male Stoutland-Pryce
    Intimidate
    Moves: Surf, Take Down, Dig, Thunder Fang

Naive Female Liliigant-Lily
    Own Tempo
    Moves: Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Petal Dance, Giga Drain

Quirky Male Seismotoad-Orihara
    Moves: Drain Punch, Scald, Muddy Water, Dive

Adamant Male Braviary-Prv.Ryan
    Keen Eye
    Moves: Crush Claw, Close Combat, Fly, Aerial Ace
    Last edited by Madara Uchiha; 11th April 2012 at 10:32 PM.
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

Hey Glitch, or would you rather be called Zookie?
    Anyway, your sign-up is accepted
    But, just to make sure if I understand well
    Jaron will be a general explorer/adventurer type? Who's objective is to scout the island and all?

kenshin akagi, right now your sign-up is still pending
    It's a little lacking, so I would advise you to read the sign-up form again and improve your sign-up where necessary
    Once that's done, I will have no problem accepting it

Follow Glitch On Twitter Add Glitch on Facebook
    Visit Glitch's Youtube Channel

Either one works, I'm not picky. c:
    Yes, that's it basically if that's okay~

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Name: Aoife Villariis

Profession: Apprentice of Professor Tilia

Appearance: Aoife has long, soft, coppery hair. He bangs are dyed pink, green, cyan and orange. She has well-defined cheekbones and a sharp nose. Her eyes are rather deep set and have large dark circles, with average -looking eyebrows. Her nails are usually chipped and surrounded by hang-nails because of anxiety. Aoife is rather short at about 5 feet 3 inches, and she has a thin build. She has almost no muscle from years of inactivity at a computer or desk. Aoife has ugly, ghost-like skin from, again, inactivity. Computer screens have basically bleached the color from her skin. She usually wears plain, shapeless tee-shirt and jeans, but for her trip to the island her mother forced her to buy some clothes that will suit her a little better. Now, Aoife wears plain shorts, billowy, colorful shirts, skirts and even a few sundresses, even though she dislikes them.

First Impressions: One would notice Aoife’s mild Tourette’s Syndrome from the verbal and physical tics. She often repeats to herself “I’m sorry!” and can scream without warning. She frequently shakes and can even hit herself. Aoife usually taps her wrists when she’s nervous or twists her hair around her finger. Her general appearance is one of anxiety. She is just all-around knowledgeable and loves to read anything, particularly science non-fiction. Aoife takes everything very seriously and can't tolerate any jokes that may be hurtful to others. She spends more time trying to please others rather than pleasing herself. All of the friends she makes are for life, unless they do something drastic. Anyone who can accept her and her disease is considered a good person to be around, although she can be friendly to an uncomfortable degree. She tries to not let her real feelings be brought to view, and instead keeps things to herself. But, above all, most people she meets automatically label her as insane or unstable, and usually stay away from her.

Introduction: “Oh, ummm, hi and stuff…ummm, I’m Aoife Villariis. Nobody special. I do Pokémon research stuff, and before that I was a pretty serious trainer. Still am I guess…never mind about that, though. On Utropica Island my main goal will be to research the effects of the volcanic eruption on the island and observe the island's Pokémon. I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Umm...then I can record their behavior and create a theory about why they all left and why the population hasn't recovered from the event. Basically, I’m going to find out what happened to the Pokémon on Utropica and then see if I can bring them back. I hope it works out well...”

Pokémon:

Bakphoon (Typhlosion):
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves: Eruption, Rollout, Flame Wheel, Rock Slide

Minuita (Honchkrow):
    Ability: Insomnia
    Nature: Sassy
    Moves: Night Shade, Assurance, Night Slash, Fly

Adelaide (Roserade):
    Ability: Poison Point
    Nature: Mild
    Moves: Giga Drain, Magical Leaf, Shadow Ball, Venoshock

Arachne (Spinarak):
    Ability: Swarm
    Natures: Quirky
    Moves: Poison Jab, Psychic, Shadow Sneak, Return
    Additional Info: Aoife recently received Arachne as a gift from her mother in commemoration of her work on the research of Bug-type Pokémon.

EDIT: I'll finish editing this by tomorrow. You can look at it while I'm at PAX East.
    EDIT AGAIN: @Dieter: How is it NOW? Seriously, I don't want to edit it again.
    Last edited by OverlordRuby; 5th April 2012 at 08:01 PM.

Sorry for the late replies guys!
    I was going to do this yesterday, but the Forums decided I wasn't -__-

kenshin akagi, I'm sorry but your sign-up is denied
    I don't see any apparent change and it's still lacking

Magmarashi, I'll have to deny your character too, because of two reasons
    For one, it's a little lacking, you could have added more information especially in the appearance and first impression department
    But the second reason (and the reason why I have to deny it, otherwise I would have made it pending) is that there already is a character with the role you gave your character (schaadenfreude, with her character Christ)

You're of course welcome to join as a different character, or as the same character with a different role

well, since it looks like we could use more characters, here's a botanist for us. new character yay~

it is now finished.

Last edited by schaadenfreude; 2nd April 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Looks fine to me, accepted

Blog Entries

If you didn't notice, Dieter, I edited my sign-up...

Sorry, was sick, so didn't really bother with the internet in general
    Not much anyway

I'm sorry, but I still have to deny your sign-up
    I probably sound like some sort of elitist now
    I can't put my finger on it exactly, but your sign-up still feels...lacking
    Not to mention I don't even know if the role you gave your character
    Well, it exists, but the word?
    Also, I think that already gets covered by several characters
    Both appearance and first impression are still on the short side as well

The characters however, seems interesting, especially if played well
    Maybe my expectations are just too high

Blog Entries

Well, what do you want her occupation to be? I can change anything, I just need more details about what you want me to change.

And I don't think you should be so specific about everything, everyone makes different characters. Mine are usually brief because I don't want to be confined within exact characteristics, but someone I knew made HUGE ones but didn't stick with the character's traits. I depends on the person. Just because I don't make giant, super-exact sign-ups doesn't mean I can't be here.

Neh, don't worry, I can understand your annoyance
    For me, it's important that your character is interesting, well written and has depth
    I'm just expecting a lot of this rp I guess, so I'm really nitpicky XD

Sign-up doesn't have to be long or anything
    It just needs this right feel, you know
    Also, regarding the role, a lot is covered already, but I'm sure we'll find something
    If you want, you could even go with something very generic, like a Pokémon Breeder
    Or maybe the apprentice of prof. Tilia?

Quote Originally Posted by Magmarashi View Post
    Just because I don't make giant, super-exact sign-ups doesn't mean I can't be here.
    ahem. i do believe there is a way to add more detail than you have. take a glance at my sign-ups, if you wish. i have a paragraph or two for everything and they went through fine. just because it's not super-detailed doesn't mean you can skimp out on the sign-ups.

for instance, with the first impression, all i really get from it is that she has Tourette's. there's other stuff there, but you barely mention it and so it doesn't stick in my mind. and for her appearance - honestly, a sign-up is the place to go into more detail than you would normally, since its purpose is as a reference to yourself and the other RPers. you'll notice i put much more detail in the appearance sections of mine than i did anywhere else.

though if you're concerned about sticking to what you write in the sign-up, maybe you should use a better-developed character so you know for certain what to write. deviating from a profile is a legitimate concern, but in this case it's a bad excuse for not being specific enough.

sorry if i'm stealing your thunder, Dieter. just though i'd put my two cents in.

Neh, don't worry
    You are wording it far better

Looks fine to me. Accepted

Also, was it just me, or were the forums not working yesterday?
    When I went here, I only got an error page from my browser, tried several more time throughout the day, but the same error kept coming up
    Everything's fine now though, so start-up should be posted today

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast