The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

Default The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

THE CHRONICLES: The Kanto Days

In a cabin aboard a large ship that was travelling between Slateport City of Hoenn and Vermillion City of Kanto was a boy with pitch-black hair and eyes who wore a black hoodie and black sweatpants. He sat propped up in his bed, reading a book titled "Mathematics and the Imagination" and next to him was his Slowpoke sleeping. He looked forward for the ship docking at the port of Vermillion and him stepping foot on Kanto soil.

AC was now 17 and he had to first earn the right to go on a Pokemon Journey from his parents. He had spent his years as a child and as a teenager studying various sciences and other areas of knowledge. Now, he could have been working in the space center of Mossdeep City, but he had first wanted to embark on a journey to finally spend time with Pokemon and perhaps get a chance to reflect on his life and what he truly wanted to do with it. However, he didn't want to keep his mind occupied with such thoughts now and thus he was reading to calm his mind.

"We shall be arriving in Vermillion City shortly," a voice over the ship's PA system announced. AC put his book on his bed and quickly jumped out. He went to the deck to see Vermillion City. As he stood there watching the ship near the port, he remembered that he had to pack his bags and pick up Slowpoke so he rushed to his room.

First, he packed his stuff-which was not much, consisting of a spare outfit, pijamas and a couple of books-and then went to wake his Slopwoke up. "Buddy, we're here, let's go," he said gently. His Slowpoke tilted his head and smiled. AC picked him up and put him on his shoulders and soon they were out of the cabin.

The passengers left the ship one-by-one and AC was one of the first to get off. He took a deep breath and inhaled the Kanto air. Now, I need to find a speedboat that will take me to Pallet where I can meet the extraordinary Professor Oak, AC thought as he eyed his surroundings.
    Last edited by acs1903; 20th June 2012 at 03:49 PM.
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

Kiki looked out her window, as she shoved items into her bag. An angry squeal came from the bag.

"Oh sorry Pichu," she said as she reached into the bag and pulled the mouse out. "Didn't see you there."

She lifted up the bag, and placed it on her back.

"Time to go," she said as she walked out of her room and down the hall, down the stairs, and out the door. she looked around Pallet town, as she started walking.

Default The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

"Dude come on! Were gonna miss the bus" was shouted as Rex walked out of the door to his recently sold house. Abra suddenly appeared on his shoulder, "I'm gonna buy you a watch when we hit the city..." To which Abra snorted. .

"You don't have anything else in there do you? I've got your stone in my bag buddy". You see, since the day Rex protected him, Abra has always had a stone, to be specific, a thunder stone. From what Rex can understand through pictures transmitted from Abras mind, An incompetent trainer once threw it at him in rage. So Abra kept hold of it, and now doesn't go anywhere without it. He usually uses his psychic ability to minimize its size and tucks it away inside his red neckerchief so that no one can steal it.

The door locked, the key went through the mailbox and Rex slung his rucksack of saved belongings over his shoulders and ran across the cape of cerulean to catch the bus to the subway station from vermillion City to Pallet town...
    Last edited by The Dark Eyed Demon; 10th June 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Rei jumped off of the large trail leading from his house to the main part of Pallet town, and took a walk on the outskirts of town until he saw the small lab belonging to Prof. Oak. Rei saw it was locked, so he sat down and started day dreaming of being a great trainer.
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

It was raining heavily in the harbour city of Vermillion where Rex and his trusty Abra had arrived in an attempt to use the subway station to Viridian. The subway was put there soon after the Pokemon League exploded with demand. "Are you hungry Abe?" Rex asked. No sooner had he asked the question did images of pokemon food begin to flash inside his head. "come on then, and they walked into the city to find a Cafe by the sea front.

They were sitting there as reels of people, Trainers and Collectors alike flooded through the city. "The ship must have arrived from Hoenn" He said whilst tucking into his late breakfast. Abe was almost finished with his food when something flew across the table and knocked it on the floor... It was a clumsy Pidgey, clearly trying to steal the food due to hunger. Abe lifted the food in the air and suspended it there for the Pidgey to eat comfortably.

They finished feeding the pidgey, to which it looked incredibly grateful, then flew off. "That was kind Abe, Remind me to buy you double next time". They got up and slowly began to walk through the city, to find the subway system. "it says on the map that its near a Digletts Tunnel... Wherever the heck that is, any idea?". Abra disappeared for a few moments and then re appeared on Rexs should, with a marker pen, and circled on the map the exact location. "Thanks buddy" and they headed off in the right direction...

Blog Entries

Kiki walked down the path that would lead her to the Professor's house. She looked around as she approached the lab, seeing a boy sitting near the entrance. Pichu, being the nice little guy that he was, ran over to him, in a effort to say hello.

Rex and Abe stepped off the underground subway train in viridian, with a sigh of relief. "I still don't see why you wouldn't just teleport us there"... "Yes bus THIS isn't our journey, its the journey to THE journey"... "Fine, fine"..

They stopped at viridian pokemart for a few supplies, then hastily exited the city. Walking down the overgrown path to pallet town, a strange looking woman stopped the two to talk. "Are you by any chance headed for pallet town?" She asked. "Yeah, were looking for a Mr Professor Oak". "Straight down the path, big building at the end. There's a couple of teenagers hanging around outside though". "Thanks, we'll be fine, right Abe?" ...

... "So this is pallet town huh? Ever been here Abe?" It seemed he hadn't. "So there's the Building that lady mentioned, and He walked over to find that the door was locked. " Fancy hanging around?" And they both sat down on a bench to the side of the building...

AC, with his Slowpoke now by his side, looked around the docks for a ship captain.

C'mon, I need to find a speedboat, he thought as he eyed the entire dock. He had no luck as of yet, but he wasn't done searching. Just then, his Slowpoke launched a water gun attack at an old man.

"Slowpoke! Stop doing this!," AC yelled as he bent down and held Slowpoke's mouth. Well, I guess this is going to be a tough journey after all. I've been in Kanto for only ten minutes or so and my Pokemon is already launching Water Guns without my command, AC thought to himself as he corrected himself and looked at the man who Slopwoke had wet.

AC went straight into apologizing and did not notice the skyblue speedboat the man was leaning on. AC said, "I'm sorry sir for my Slowpoke's actions."

The man took a moment to analyze the 17 year old boy standing before him. He smiled. AC was confused, "Why are you smiling sir?" he asked.

"I take it you are a Pokemon trainer or at least a boy who wants to become one. I did my fair share of training Pokemon in my day so I can understand your frustration. I had an Elekid that would never calm down or listen to me, but over time we became the best of friends," the man replied.

"An Elekid, huh?" AC said, "What kind of Pokemon is that?"

"I guess you haven't even gotten your Pokedex," the man said.

"Yeah," AC said with a frown, remembering that he still hadn't found a way to get to Pallet Town, "I just got off the ship from Slateport City and I was planning on getting to Pallet Town today, but I can't find a boat to take me there. I guess I'll have to walk there."

"Not so fast, I may know someone who can get you there in one hour," the man said grinning.

"Who, sir? I'd love to meet the man," AC exclaimed.

"Why you're looking at him! After training Pokemon, I decided to become a captain. Now, I have my own Speedboat and I also captain larger ships. I can take you to Pallet free of charge. I guess your Slowpoke was using its psychic abilities to sniff out the captain you were looking for," the man said.

AC looked down at his Slowpoke. I guess I still have a lot to learn about you, he thought. "Well sir, can we go now?" AC asked.

"Sure thing, just watch your step when coming on the boat," the man said as he stepped onto the boat and AC fulled in suit. "Hold on," the man warned AC as he turned on the engine. Before AC knew it, they were speeding through the clear blue waters of Kanto with their engine roaring and the breeze hitting their faces. AC looked at his Abra, who seemed to be sleeping and smiled. He turned his head to the horizon, took a deep breath as the Kanto air filled his lungs and thought to himself, I guess everything's bound to work out. I wonder what awaits me on this journey.

---

OOC: I'm keeping my first few posts long as they are just describing AC trying to get to Pallet.
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

A retired man in a white labcoat stepped intfront of Rex as he was slouched on the bench. "Ah-hem". "wah? Oh, uh Hello, are you.." "Professor Oak, yes. Follow me, the others should be arriving shortly"...

Rex and Abe walked around the side of the lab to see a girl sitting there playing with a Pichu... And he walked into the now unlocked Lab.

"So, any advice for me?" AC asked as the boat continued to rip through the seas. His Slowpoke was still sleeping, not even slightly disturbed by the roaring engine.

"Advice, eh?" the captain said, "Well...you should definitely treat your pokemon as your friends-as your equals. Your relationship should not be a derivative of the master-slave relationship. Then...well, you should look to have fun while battling. Being serious is important, but when you lose it's not the end of the world. Just remember to take it lightly. What else..." the captain trailed off as he pondered on further advice.

Have fun, treat Pokemon as friends, AC thought to himself and replied to the captain, "Thank you sir. Thank you for the advice and this trip. I never caught your name though. Mine is AC."

"Call me Cap'n Jack," the captain replied, "and it's no problem. I'm glad that I'll be playing a role in the birth of a new Pokemon trainer. Besides, I'll stop by the Professor and say 'hi'."

AC was not sure if he heard correctly. "The Professor as in Professor Oak?" he asked, what followed was a barrage of questions: "How do you know him? What is he like? What's his favorite Pokemon? Did you see any of his Pokemon?"

"Hold on there," the captain replied, "Of course I know the Professor. I've done my fair share of Pokemon training and let's just say that when you work really hard at it, you eventually get to know the Professor as well. Of course when I was starting out, he was not really the Oak he is today, but still I sought his help when I had first started training to get his opinion on things. If I managed anything as a trainer, it is all because of the Professor. And don't worry he'll like you."

"I hope so," AC said under his breath as he once again directed his attention to the horizon and what awaited him. The Captain looked at AC and smiled. He knew what he was going through, he knew the anxiety and worry, but he also knew that it would soon leave its place to determination and courage.
    I claimed Metang

Rex looked around in awe at the vast array of machinery that was scattered around the huge lab. Machines of all sorts of design, from Helter Skelters to simple boxes. There were two bookcases, one on either side halfway into the lab, and further bookcases against the back wall. There was a an empty table with three holders sat on it to the rear of the lab.

Professor Oak beckoned for Rex to take a seat, and began to take a look at his Abra.

"Mhm...mmm" Abra teleported from his own seat, to Rex's shoulder. "Remarkable! When feeling threatened, Abra would normally teleport to somewhere safe. I guess he knows he is safe with you." "It's okay Abe, dont worry, He's a friend of ours" he reassured his friend. "You know, in all my lifetime, have I never seen someone as inexperienced, yet with such a strong bond. Just from looking at you, I can see that you two would do anything for each other, am I right?" They both nodded their heads in perfect harmony.

"So professor, Whilst we wait, tell me how you got into your research?"

Blog Entries

Ronny looked around the dock at Vermilion City, struggling to find the speedboat to Pallet that he had heard would be available. After leaving the dock straight from his hometown of Lilycove City, Ronny arrived at the Kanto Region with little experience to work off of when it came to navigation.

Eventually, he found the small speedboat he was looking for. It held little to no passengers, which was odd considering how famous Professor Oak's laboratory was. Then again, the boat wasn't very large to begin with, so it must be that it isn't designed to hold large amounts of people in the first place. He sighed and looked out to the sea from the edge of the ship. I suppose it's not as famous as I thought. Or there's some more efficient way of getting there that I didn't know about. He thought as he felt the cool breeze hit his face.

-----

After a while, Ronny noticed a man with a sea cap board the ship with a kid who looked around his age. Must be the captain. He figured. And he was right! Soon, the same man continued his conversation with the boy while simultaneously navigating the ship through the seas of the Kanto Region.

"At least I have you to keep me company." Ronny spoke out loud to the Pokéball in his hand. "Soon I'll let you out, but after we leave this boat, I promise." He added after looking around a bit to see if they were close to reaching land.

Rei woke from his daydreaming to notice a pichu poking him. Startled, he fell to his side. "Oh Arceus...this is how I die!"
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

"And thats how i ..." "Wait, what was that?"

Rex stepped outside to see what the bang was...

Blog Entries

Pichu jumped onto the boy that he had startled, and started sniffing him intently.

"Gah!" Kiki yelled as she ran over to them, and graved Pichu of of him. "I'm so sorry," she said,"He's sorry too, Right?" She looked at Pichu. "Say you're sorry" "Chu" Kiki then put her hand out trying to help Rei up.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast