The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

Default The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

THE CHRONICLES: The Kanto Days

In a cabin aboard a large ship that was travelling between Slateport City of Hoenn and Vermillion City of Kanto was a boy with pitch-black hair and eyes who wore a black hoodie and black sweatpants. He sat propped up in his bed, reading a book titled "Mathematics and the Imagination" and next to him was his Abra sleeping. He looked forward for the ship docking at the port of Vermillion and him stepping foot on Kanto soil.

AC was now 17 and he had to first earn the right to go on a Pokemon Journey from his parents. He had spent his years as a child and as a teenager studying various sciences and other areas of knowledge. Now, he could have been working in the space center of Mossdeep City, but he had first wanted to embark on a journey to finally spend time with Pokemon and perhaps get a chance to reflect on his life and what he truly wanted to do with it. However, he didn't want to keep his mind occupied with such thoughts now and thus he was reading to calm his mind.

"We shall be arriving in Vermillion City shortly," a voice over the ship's PA system announced. AC put his book on his bed and quickly jumped out. He went to the deck to see Vermillion City. As he stood there watching the ship near the port, he remembered that he had to pack his bags and pick up Abra so he rushed to his room.

First, he packed his stuff-which was not much, consisting of a spare outfit, pijamas and a couple of books-and then went to wake his Abra up. "Buddy, we're here, let's go," he said gently. His Abra tilted his head and smiled. AC picked him up and put him on his shoulders and soon they were out of the cabin.

The passengers left the ship one-by-one and AC was one of the first to get off. He took a deep breath and inhaled the Kanto air. Now, I need to find a speedboat that will take me to Pallet where I can meet the extraordinary Professor Oak, AC thought as he eyed his surroundings.
    Last edited by acs1903; 18th January 2012 at 07:05 AM.
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Otoshigami Neltharion S. Deathwing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

Luke got up from his bed. Immediately when he woke up, he knew today was the day he was going to be briefed by Professor Oak in Pallet Town, and ultimately receive his very first pokemon. The night before he had looked up about the three possible pokemon he will receive. In addition, pokemon near Professor Oak's lab can also be used as starter pokemon, so Luke researched the pokemon found on Route 1. Immediately, he decided that his first starter should be a pidgey and he will name it Avian. The justification is simple: Luke finds the pidgeot an awesome pokemon, and would love to raise his pidgey to a pidgeot.

But first he needs to eat his breakfast, brush his teeth, and prepare for the short journey to Pallet Town, and the long journey around Kanto.

So Luke prepares his breakfast, and once he ate and brushed his teeth, changed into his gray dress shirt. He also packed up the equipment needed for the journey into his compact leather bag, including necessary food for the journey, some books and notebooks, and some pens. Once he's done, he slung his leather bag and headed outside, locking the keys to his home while at it. The road forward isn't paved, but just dirt and Luke's home is located near the Viridian forests, so he walked to Viridian City. He did not stop there, however, and kept on walking to Pallet town. He knew better than to walk on tall grass, so he hopped through the fences while he can, avoiding tall grass. Then there was the final track of road, which was blocked by tall grass, and he stood there for a while, resting and breathing on the fresh, chill air.
    Well, I’ll stay close without the sleep
    My broken heart is yours to keep
    So pull out the puzzle and every piece
    While I take all the gain

AC, with his Abra on his back, looked around the docks for a ship captain.

C'mon, I need to find a speedboat, he thought as he eyed the entire dock. He had no luck as of yet, but he wasn't done searching. Just then, his Abra teleported from his back.

"Abra! How many times do I have to tell you not to teleport," AC yelled as he began running through the docks. Well, I guess this is going to be a tough journey after all. I've been in Kanto for only ten minutes or so and my Pokemon ran off already, AC thought to himself as he searched for his Abra.

Eventually, AC found Abra sitting by an old man who was standing besides a skyblue speedboat in a forgotten pier. AC rushed up to Abra, picked him up and scolded him. Then, directing his attention to the old man, he said, "I'm sorry sir if my Abra caused any trouble. I still can't really control that habit of constantly teleporting."

The man took a moment to analyze the 17 year old boy standing before him. He smiled. AC was confused, "Why are you smiling sir?" he asked.

"I take it you are a Pokemon trainer or at least a boy who wants to become one. I did my fair share of training Pokemon in my day so I can understand your frustration. I had an Elekid that would never calm down or listen to me, but over time we became the best of friends," the man replied.

"An Elekid, huh?" AC said, "What kind of Pokemon is that?"

"I guess you haven't even gotten your Pokedex," the man said.

"Yeah," AC said with a frown, remembering that he still hadn't found a way to get to Pallet Town, "I just got off the ship from Slateport City and I was planning on getting to Pallet Town today, but I can't find a boat to take me there. I guess I'll have to walk there."

"Not so fast, I may know someone who can get you there in one hour," the man said grinning.

"Who, sir? I'd love to meet the man," AC exclaimed.

"Why you're looking at him! After training Pokemon, I decided to become a captain. Now, I have my own Speedboat and I also captain larger ships. I can take you to Pallet free of charge. I guess your Abra used its psychic abilities to sniff out the captain you were looking for," the man said.

AC looked down at his Abra. I guess I still have a lot to learn about you, he thought. "Well sir, can we go now?" AC asked.

"Sure thing, just watch your step when coming on the boat," the man said as he stepped onto the boat and AC fulled in suit. "Hold on," the man warned AC as he turned on the engine. Before AC knew it, they were speeding through the clear blue waters of Kanto with their engine roaring and the breeze hitting their faces. AC looked at his Abra, who seemed to be sleeping and smiled. He turned his head to the horizon, took a deep breath as the Kanto air filled his lungs and thought to himself, I guess everything's bound to work out. I wonder what awaits me on this journey.

---

OOC: I'm keeping my first few posts long as they are just describing AC trying to get to Pallet.
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

James was riding down a small path, with the city of Viridian behind him. He had just cycled 2 days from Saffron City, his home town, and was travelling towards the small town of Pallet Town. He continued to cycle down the path, examining the beauty and grace of the flowers which rested on the side of the path, when suddenly he saw a small town creep up over the hills. He halted and looked down at the city, his heart beating like a small child in a sweet store. "This is it," he said to himself and bolted down the path like the sprint stage in a bike race.

As he was racing down the path, he closed his eyes and began to imagine being at a Contest. The curtains opened before him and thousands of people were in the crowd cheering him on. He walked forward, jeering on the crowd after his intense battle. A young women stood at the front with a small golden cup with diamonds engraved on the side. James placed his large shaking hands on the cup and kissed it, before launching his hands into the air. The crowd cheered and started to chant his name, "James, James, James,"

Then suddenly James hit a small pebble and was awoken from his day dream. He glanced ahead and saw a small pond, meters away from him. James quickly dived off the bike, unable to avoid the inevitable. The bike crashed into the pond, and the handle bars twisted like a spring. James sighed and looked ahead towards the town. He was closer than he thought. Ignoring the bike, James walked off towards Pallet Town.

As he was walking, he began to day dream, this time with his eyes open. He picture the three Pokemon he was able to receive. Bulbasuar, the Grass Pokemon, Squirtle, the Water Pokemon, and Charmander, the Fire Pokemon. He started to picture himself in a battle with each Pokemon. Whilst he was day dreaming he noticed a small sign sticking out from the ground. It read: "Pallet Town"

"This is where the journey begins," James said as he walked into Pallet Town.

Blog Entries

Raine had been staring continually staring out the window for the past hour, brushing her bright, auburn hair, her mind not really focused on much anything. As the sun just began to peek out form behind the mountaintops, she realized this. Why am I not asleep? Raine thought. Less than a second had passed before she remembered that the day she would start her Pokémon journey had finally come. She was smiling to herself and daydreaming about becoming the world's greatest Pokémon Master when her pet Vulpix, Amber, wandered into her bedroom and snuggled up against her, looking upset. Raine stroked Amber's silky, auburn-colored fur. "I'm sorry you can't come with me..." Raine sighed. "I really wish you could, Amber. I'll call the house as often as I can, though, okay?" Amber licked Raine's hand. The two smiled at each other. Just then, she heard the grandfather clock in the living room chime nine deep, low, soothing . "Oh no!" Raine gasped. "I need to get ready! I can't be late to Professor Oak's lab, or I might not be able to get my starter!"

Dashing into the closet, she felt around, grabbing a sky blue top and a pair of jeans. Then, she ran to her bureau, where she had laid out a pair of black fingerless gloves, which she quickly put on. Then, pulling on a navy zip-up sweatshirt, she turned to Amber and said, "How do I look?" The Vulpix looked up. "Vulpix-Vul..." Amber said in a broken voice. Raine frowned, then walked towards and hugged her. "Please don't cry..." she said. "I'm going to miss you too, but like I said, I'll call as often as I can." Valerie licked Raine's hand again. It was then that Raine smelled hotcakes cooking on the stove. "Smells like Mum's cooking breakfast," she remarked and cautiously felt her way to the kitchen.

Amber followed her. "Hey, Mum," Raine greeted her mother. "Good morning, Raine! My, you're up early." Her mother smiled and handed her a plate of buttered pancakes. "Yep. I couldn't sleep knowing that today I'd be starting my Pokemon journey!" she said, lifting the food to her mouth, and remembering the restless night before.. Once she felt full, Raine stood up and made her way to the door. "Forgetting something?" her mother asked, holding up Raine's denim messenger bag. Raine turned, but couldn't see what she was holding up, or even see her mother for that matter. Her mother walked over and hung the bag over Raine's shoulder. "Good luck out there. I know you'll do great." "Thanks, Mom." Raine said, stepping outside. Amber followed her out. And so, Raine started off down the dirt roads of Pallet Town. "Make us proud!" her mother called from the front porch. This was accompanied by a quiet cry of "Vul-pix..."

"So, any advice for me?" AC asked as the boat continued to rip through the seas. His Abra was still sleeping, not even slightly disturbed by the roaring engine.

"Advice, eh?" the captain said, "Well...you should definitely treat your pokemon as your friends-as your equals. Your relationship should not be a derivative of the master-slave relationship. Then...well, you should look to have fun while battling. Being serious is important, but when you lose it's not the end of the world. Just remember to take it lightly. What else..." the captain trailed off as he pondered on further advice.

Have fun, treat Pokemon as friends, AC thought to himself and replied to the captain, "Thank you sir. Thank you for the advice and this trip. I never caught your name though. Mine is AC."

"Call me Cap'n Jack," the captain replied, "and it's no problem. I'm glad that I'll be playing a role in the birth of a new Pokemon trainer. Besides, I'll stop by the Professor and say 'hi'."

AC was not sure if he heard correctly. "The Professor as in Professor Oak?" he asked, what followed was a barrage of questions: "How do you know him? What is he like? What's his favorite Pokemon? Did you see any of his Pokemon?"

"Hold on there," the captain replied, "Of course I know the Professor. I've done my fair share of Pokemon training and let's just say that when you work really hard at it, you eventually get to know the Professor as well. Of course when I was starting out, he was not really the Oak he is today, but still I sought his help when I had first started training to get his opinion on things. If I managed anything as a trainer, it is all because of the Professor. And don't worry he'll like you."

"I hope so," AC said under his breath as he once again directed his attention to the horizon and what awaited him. The Captain looked at AC and smiled. He knew what he was going through, he knew the anxiety and worry, but he also knew that it would soon leave its place to determination and courage.
    I claimed Metang

Rei woke up and jumped out of bed. This was the day! He was finally going on his pokemon journey. Rei had stayed up late watching Red's battles with so many trainers in order to be the best. DvD cases were everywhere, each one showing Red's travels around Kanto. Rei couldn't believe the team Red had made in less than a year. A Pikachu. Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Lapras, and a Snorlax. Each one very powerful. Rei had just finished watching Red's battle with Blue when he realized it was almost 9:00 and that he should be saying goodbyes. Rei quickly got dressed, than ran downstairs where his shoes and bag were waiting. He saw his mom at the stove,making bacon.

"HI MOM I IZ EXCITEED BOUT TEH JOURNEY!!!" Rei started jumping around the kitchen.

"Rei, calm down. You're speaking internet again." Rei's mom started fixing Rei's clothes,pressing in any wrinkles. When she was done, she looked Rei right in the eye. "You look so much like your father...you know me and him met on our pokemon journeys? I was a young karate girl, I saw him and we started battling. He was so into ghost types that I had no chance...I wish he was here to see you today...Rei promise me that...that you'll stay with the right crowd? Please?"

Rei was shocked. He hadn't been expecting this. "I will mom. Promise." Rei's mom looked happy,and gave him some bacon. Rei ran out five minutes later, spotting the lab in the distance. Luckily, Oak and his mom were good friends, due to their connections with Rei's dad. Rei had managed to get Oak alone the last visit to his house, and Oak had promised to save Rei a Pikachu for a starter. Rei grinned as he started running their. He was about to follow in the footsteps of his idol!
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

"Well we're here," the captain announced as he slowed down the boat and the engine roar became slight.

AC looked ahead and saw the small town that stood there right in front of him. The town that mark his new beginning. As the captain tied the boat to a dock, AC thanked him. "Thank you once again Cap'n Jack for everything. I know that a little kindness goes a long way and I'll keep you in mind. If I achieve anything, you will definitely have played a part," AC said as he stepped off the boat.

"Not so fast," the captain smiled, "I'm coming too, remember?" He, first handed AC his sleeping Abra, which AC placed on his back. The captain then stepped off the boat and put his hand on his belt. AC saw red and white shimmering on his belt as his hand reached for that sphere. It was a Pokeball. "In this Pokeball is my very first Pokemon," he said as he released a Pokemon. Soon, a yellow monster-like creature with black markings materialized in front of the two.

AC was spellshocked and barely managed to ask the question, "What Pokemon is it?"

"It is an Electivire. They are a native of the Sinnoh region, but don't worry about all that. You'll see the Sinnoh region and more and all the Pokemon that come with it eventually," the captain replied.

"It seems so strong," AC said as they began walking towards the laboratory, "I wonder if my Abra will ever be that strong."

"Just heed to my advice and you'll be fine," the captain replied.
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Luke was by this time, running across the tall grass, hoping not to disturb any pokemon and cause an unnecessary standoff. Once he managed to cross the small trail of tall grass, he was standing behind the great laboratory that the acclaimed Professor Oak resides and do research there.

Then he spotted a very tall boy around his age walking by an old man. 'That boy must be here to claim pokemon from Professor Oak too' he thought. '...No. That boy already has a pokemon with him. Anyhow, he seems to be here for Professor Oak, so I'll greet him'. Luke walked to the boy, and said: "Hello, are you here to see Professor Oak, too?"

Blog Entries

Raine was walking down the path to the lab, the slight breeze blowing through her auburn hair. It was then that she heard two voices, one of which belonged to an old man, and one of which belonged to a kid that sounded about her age. I wonder if they're on their way to the professor's lab too. she thought. Suddenly, a third voice chimed in, "Hello, are you here to see Professor Oak, too?" Raine continued walking, but tripped and stumbled in the dirt. She pulled herself off the ground, and dusted herself off. Hope nobody saw that... she mused.

Blog Entries

James walked around the town helplessly. Although it may bee smaller than Saffron City, Pallet Town was still a maze if it is your first time visiting. James continued walking, checking around the corners, hoping to see Professor Oak's Lab. After five minutes of wondering around, he ended up at the entrance to Pallet Town, the same place he was five minutes ago. James gave up and sat down on the grass and looked up into the cool air. It was nice to finally take a break and watch the whole world go by. Just as James was about to close his eyes and fully appreciate the silence and nature, he heard some voices in the distance.

"Hello, are you here to see Professor Oak, too?"

James lifted his head towards the sound and picked up his items and followed the voice, hopefully it will lead him to the Professor.

AC looked at the boy talking to him. He seemed to be around the same age, perhaps he too was going to become a trainer.

"Yes," AC said. After a brief pause, he added, "Are you going to be a Pokemon trainer too?" He kept walking and motioned the boy to come along.

I guess, this boy might eventually be my opponent or a friend, AC thought, I guess the captain did say that I should look to make friendships, so yeah he'll be my new friend. Besides, I'll need some company if I'm going to be travelling.
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Luke had to look up at the tall boy he was talking too. There seems to be two more person joining in, a girl which just stumbled, Luke minutely noticed, and a boy walking towards his direction.

"Yes indeed. I'm planning to train pokemon, but I've yet to receive my first pokemon. I'm planning to receive it today, however, from Professor Oak." He said.

"Well, I've got my first Pokemon right here on my back," AC smiled as he pointed to the Abra on his back. "I'm going to get my Pokedex and trainer card from Professor Oak," he added.

"Well isn't that nice, look at all the new trainers," the captain said to himself as he smiled. AC looked at the captain and was confused about why he was grinning. However, AC did not want to focus on something as small as that when there was this new journey of his ahead. He had a feeling that he'd understand why the captain was smiling in the future. In the meantime, he kept walking towards the laboratory. He looked to see a girl getting up and a boy trying to find where to go in Pallet Town. Could they also be new trainers, AC thought.
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Luke confronted the the boy and the auburn haired girl, and asked both of them in a kind manner: "You two are here for Professor Oak, too?"

Then he turned abruptly to face the tall boy with an abra: "Why, since we're going to know each other for a while, and I assume you're going to be a trainer since you've mentioned something about a trainer card, I should tell you my name. The name is Luke. Luke van Marat. Pleasure to meet you."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast