The Chronicles: Kanto Days (Sign-ups Closed!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles: Kanto Days (Sign-ups Closed!)

Default The Chronicles: Kanto Days (Sign-ups Closed!)

Note: I've started this RP two times before, but they both died. The first one was right around the start of school and the ones that had signed up were new to the forums in general and were not that active. The second one failed because it came right during the semester breaks. Then, one member got grounded then another member had something come up so we never were on the same time. Hopefully, things will be different this time. So, here it goes...

Note 2: Have Journey RP's lost their appeal to the normal RP'er? It seems as if people don't want to do them anymore?

THE CHRONICLES: THE KANTO DAYS

The Pokemon World is full of things to discover. Everyone has their own calling. However, discovering this calling may be a long and rigorous process in which one must travel across the World meeting new people and Pokemon along the way. Eventually, some may find their calling and heed to it while others will choose to quit. Therefore, it is a matter of heart and strength in spirit, mind and body. Only the truly strong succeed, though most start out believing that they will succeed.

And what becomes of those who do heed their calls? Some became Trainers with one common goal: to earn the respect of Pokemon and trainers alike. Their road to success is paved with battles. Others choose to become coordinators to show the elegance of Pokemon.

Whatever it is it is bound to take the person on a hard and tiring journey. A journey full of adventure, happiness and sorrow. A journey where a person bonds with Pokemon and other people to form strong bonds of friendship. Thus, each person looks forward to start their own journey not knowing what fate has in store for them.

These particular chronicles expose the stories of a group of trainers. This particular episode chronicles the journey of the trainers through Kanto.

RULES:

SIGN-UPS:

I will have my own SU up as soon as possible.
    Last edited by acs1903; 16th October 2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chronicles: Kanto Days (Sign-ups Open!)

Username: Wild Candy (Candy for short)

Name: Kairi Vermillion
    Sexuality: Straight
    Contest/League: Contests

Appearance: Kairi stands 5,1 and weighs 105 lbs. She is fairly slim and flat chested for a girl. Kairi has pale skin with Auburn Hair and Bright blues with a dainty white smile. Her hair comes is straight and comes down to back of her neck on the bottom and her bangs are parted but straight as well.

She typically wears a white short sleeved blouse with a Navy Skirt and matching socks with a pair of black convers. She also wears a silver chocker with a star charm hanging off of it.

Personality: Kairi is a kind hearted and hard working girl who tries her best at everything she does, she's unafraid to speak her mind and express her oppinians. She also has a gentle Charisma in her that others tend to admire. Kairi's a bit of a tomboy as well, but still feminine. Kairi is very loyal to her friends but has a hard time trusting people who were mean to her or betrayed her in some way.

Labels and stereotypes mean very little to Kairi (Her dad influenced that) And judges people more on their actions, intentions, and treatment of other people. Kairi also loves sweets, her favorites being Lollipops, small chocolates, peppermint candy, gummy bears, and chocolate covered cherries.

History: Kairi was born and raised in Celedon, her mother died of cancer when she was five forcing her dad to take care of her, and Kairi to take on many adult tasks such as housework, cooking, and cleaning at a young age. Before her mother died, her mother gave Kairi a young Ralts which eventually became one of her closest friends.

However, the death of her mother caused her father to become a little warped by dressing as a woman and acting like a mother and even referring to himself as she/lady/madam/etc. (Most likely to try and fill the void of her mother's absence.) Despite this, Kairi cares deeply for her father, and the two have a strong relationship. Her father was sad to see Kairi go to start her journey, but happy she was going to try and become a coordinator, like her mother.

Starter Pokemon: Ralts

Other: Besiktas
    Last edited by Naoto; 8th October 2012 at 02:10 PM.

What's the problem with a 12 year old, I mean 10 is when you can start your journey.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Username: AlphaMouse

Name: John McLoan

Contest/League: League

Appearance: John is quite tall, at 6'1". He is quite lanky but relatively well built, with hints of a six-pack creeping in. He has a head full of brown hair and green eyes. He dresses in a leather jacket and jeans most of the time, and often wears Besiktas trainers.

Personality: John is a passionate person, and becomes dedicated to things very easily. He is quite sensitive and emotional, becoming deeply effected by other people. He has a strong sense of right and wrong and feels uncomfortable about breaching it. He is quite judgemental about people once he has known them, but hates this feature of himself. He has a complex mind and often makes bizarre connections between two things.

History: John always dreamed of becoming a Pokémon trainer. He went to a trainer's school at a young age and graduated a few years ago. After that he started running training, desperately wanting to be in a marathon. He met his partner, Rhyhron, training in the mountains. Since then he returned to being a trainer with Rhyhorn and has just returned from Mt Silver.

Starter: Rhyhorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhei View Post
    What's the problem with a 12 year old, I mean 10 is when you can start your journey.
    I know, but eventually the RP will progress to become most probably a Teen Rate RP. I'd rather have people between 13-21. Besides 10-12 all seem so young to me. At least in 13 you are practically done with middle school too.
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Player: Stencil

Name: Gaz Pearce

Appearance: Gaz stands at 5' 8" with short black hair and green eyes. His skin is fairly smooth but his active lifestyle has left evidence of a few scrapes here and there, and his face has thankfully been spared the worst of it. He habitually has a stubble and a roman nose, and is quite heavily built for someone his age. Stocky and fairly muscular, the best phrase to describe Gaz would be 'built to last'.

He wears blue stonewash jeans held up with a black leather belt. The dull nickel belt buckle matches equally dull studs along the length of the belt, and further down his grey socks are obscured by his white trainers. Going back up from his trainers one can find that he is wearing an armless grey muscle vest with a black beads as a necklace. He has a pair of shades perched above his forehead in prime douchebag style, nestled in his lightly spiked hair.

Personality: Gaz's physical appearance reflects his personality. Loud, aggressive and confident, he can be overly physical in his treatment of other people and can come of as quite intimidating - with Gaz, it's sometimes impossible to tell if he meant to scare off that crowd or not. He is also a bit of a crazy daredevil, taking insane risks to complete a difficult challenge that he really didn't need to. Although arrogant, somewhat bullying and competitive, he genuinely wants to help those in need and has no desire to resort to dirty tricks to win. In short, he does the right thing in the most jerkish way possible.

This outer toughguy-daredevil exterior is hiding something, as practically anyone who knows this kind of person can already tell. For various reasons, he feels he has nothing much to live for and that his own life has no real intrinsic value to it. He isn't suicidal so much as having a repressed survival instinct, and can be alarmingly jaded for one no more than a quarter of his way through life. He's pretty tight lipped about this stuff, either through mantaining his facade - or perhaps some painful self-awareness about how easy it is to tear apart his arguments. Better to coast along in a bubble of certainty than having his philosophy torn open and exposed to reality, right? Wrong, but good luck telling him that.

History: Gaz was born and raised in Celadon City. He didn't think all that much of the city, although he frequented the Gym to tone up is physique and fitness. At the age of 12 he went to the martial arts school in Saffron City to train. At the time, his philosophy was that he should be strong without Pokemon - that he did not want to use the creatures as a crutch. He got pretty far, but his crucial misunderstanding of the relationship between human and Pokemon stunted his development at the school. It was not long before he could progress no further, and he went before his master to ask why.

His attitude towards both people and Pokemon was his primary fault, and he needed to address this posthaste. So he was told, but at the time he did not believe it and left the school in a rage. He has regretted this action ever since and has slipped into a recursive ball of self-resentment over the issue, but at the time he felt he was entirely justified. Three years later, at the age of 19, he realised he was going nowhere. Stuck in a dead-end job and without the skills to prosper in the outside world, Gaz was having problems left, right and centre. He knew exactly what was wrong, but he was too scared of his own opinion of himself and the disapproval of the master at the school to go back.

Now at 20 years old, Gaz has decided to do something about this. Even though he could just go back, his own pride has prevented himself from doing so. He knows this, and yet much to his frustration he can't do anything about it. Still, he came up with an alternative. He has decided that he must prove himself, to go on a journey and learn about the world and himself. Then, and only then, can he face his master.

Starter Pokemon: Machop

Other: Besiktas. What does that mean, anyway?
    Last edited by Stencil; 7th October 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Save me a spot!
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Username: Leavanny

Name: Annika Raine

Sexuality: Hetero

Appearance: Annika has shoulder-length brunette hair. Her left eye is brown and her right is hazel. She stands at 6' 2" and weighs 170 pounds. She also has a scar on the left side of her face.

Annika wears a silver shirt and gray leggings. She has a white hoodie of which she commonly wears to hide her hair color. She also wears black sneakers.

Personality: Annika is an evil figure, with no known cause of it. She will cause several bad things to happen to the ones she hates. And loves a lot on occasion.

Annika is also a caretaker. She manages to heal and revive Pokemon whenever possible. She even trains other's Pokemon whenever she can. In general, a purely chaotic being.

History: Annika had caught her starter in Pinwheel Forest (obviously) when she was 10. She decided to go on a journey in Kanto after entering the Unova League as Champion. She has a little sister named Asilla. When Asilla was born, she had been cared for by Annika.

At birth, Annika was the nicest baby delivered. She was beautiful in every way. At age 6, her mother allowed her to play with her Lilligant. At age 10, her mother had brought in an injured Petilil. It became Annika's shortly thereafter.

To this day, Annika has it all. Beauty and an evil spirit. A kind, caring side. Her little sister. And her beloved Petilil, who she always trains.

Starter Pokemon: Petilil

Other: Besiktas, Annika lived in Nimbasa City.
    Last edited by Leavanny Duo; 12th October 2012 at 02:45 PM.

@Leavanny: For contest/league you wrote "Unova"'; however, you have to write whether your character will pursue the contests or Pokemon league. Could you please check that out.

@Wild Candy: You missed the contests/league question. Could you please edit that?

@kenshin akagi: Kenshin you will have two days to complete a sign-up.
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Edited!!!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Fixed.

Thank you very much. I'll keep this sign-up thread up for a few more days to see if anyone else is interested.

@kenshin akagi: Today's the last day for your reservation.

In addition, could I ask all that have signed-up to send me a sample of their RP'ing skills via pm?
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

I would like to apply for a spot, I'll try and have a character bio up by later tonight.

--Updated with character sheet--
    Username: Fengor

Name: Clayton Fletcher

Appearance: Clothes: A denim jacket with a red t-shirt underneath, caudroy pants with hiking boots. Keeps his team's pokeballs in the jacket's inside pocket.

Hair/Eyes/Body Type: Dusty brown hair with green eyes. He keeps his short but unkempt. He stands at five feet seven inches with a healthy physique.

Personality: As a Pokemon Photographer Clayton has a disposition of observation and careful deliberation, or at least he wishes he does. He can be a bit rash at times and his flare for theatrics does not help much. Though he tries his best to appear calm and mellow he can become flustered with little effort. Being an artist and a fan of how coordinators battle he lives and dies by the motto of "It's all in the presentation." His battle style and effort put into his work reflects this.

When it comes to pokemon he's unforgiving to anyone who treats them with the slightest abuse. He sees his team of pokemon as part of the family and integral partners in his photography work. He trains himself right alongside his team if he can. It is not uncommon to find him meditating with members of his team in a quiet spot, as they all share Clayton's tendency of rashness.

History: Clayton spent the early years of his childhood living with his family in the Orre region. His mother and father are geologist who, at the time, were helping to drill wells that would make crossing the desert less perilous. At the age of eight, his family moved to the Unova region where his parents have been working as geologic consultants on the construction of Route 4.

In Orre his family moved around quite a bit so it became a custom of Clayton's to take photographs of the area to remember it by. This was no longer the case once his family began living in the metallic jungle of Castelia City. Clayton continued to take photos nonetheless, and discovered a different natural beauty from that of Orre's vast desert. One of his favorite subjects to photograph were the battles held at the city's Gym, with Burgh's permission of course. The sheer spectacle of it all captured Clayton's imagination like nothing before.

When it was time for Clayton to set off on his journey, Burgh approached him with an offer. A good friend of his by the name of Sarah Adams, based in Nacrene City, was looking for an apprentice to join her on a tour of the Unova region. Her goal was to photograph all known species of pokemon in the Unova region in a single year. Clayton eagerly joined her and served as her apprentice until the age of 16 when he decided he wanted to visit and see the pokemon of other regions, and Kanto seemed as good a region as any to start..

His last months with Sarah were bitter sweet. She'd become like an older sister to him, and he would miss her sudden whims to travel to some god forsaken part of Unova to take photos. The two traveled to Catelia City where they'd meet up with his parents before he boarded a boat for Vermillion City. Before he left though he challenged Burgh to a battle...and lost horribly. The photos of the battle were spectacular though, Sarah's parting gift to him. Burgh's was the "elegant thrashing" he doled out. His parents gave him a pair of poison gems they'd unearthed during Route 4's construction, just in case he ran into trouble.

Starter Pokemon: Trubbish (Trubber): The two met shortly after Clayton moved to Castelia. Clayton had been down at the docks one day getting snapshots of the Royal Unova when he saw an angry fisherman chase Trubber off his boat at an adjacent pier. Not really knowing what it was but still feeling sorry for it, Clayton fought through the stench and did his best to comfort the animate bag of garbage. His parents were adamantly opposed to keeping Trubber at first, but gave in and let Clayton keep him on the balcony of the apartment in hopes he'd give up eventually. Lucky for Clayton though a Trubbish stinks less the happier it is with it's trainer, and within a few weeks there was even a faint pine scent coming from the tiny creature. Though that may have been because Clayton had been feeding it pine air fresheners to help win his parents over. Trubber doesn't have a mean bone in his body, but is rather sensitive. His feelings are especially hurt when people won't let him hug them. While it's hard to blame them, Clayton thinks that Trubber is the most adorable thing in the world. Trubber takes some coaxing to put on a brave face for battle, but once that's been accomplished Trubber will fight to the last.

Other: Besiktas
    Last edited by Fengor; 12th October 2012 at 12:29 PM.
    White: 3826-0624-3213

Thank you for your thorough sign-up. I'll keep this up most probably until Monday. Then, I will see who will embark on the Kanto Journey :)
    I claimed Metang

Default Re: The Chronicles: Kanto Days (Sign-ups Open for one more day!)

Heyo, just a heads up but I'm going to have to pull outta this. Lil' problem just cropped up over the last few days and I'm going to have to cut back on the RPing just a smidge. Sorry for the late warning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast