The Chronicles: Kanto Days OOC/Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles: Kanto Days OOC/Discussion Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Chronicles: Kanto Days OOC/Discussion Thread

THE CHRONICLES

So, this is the discussion thread. We will discuss anything related to the RP here and keep the thread free of OOC posts as much as possible. In due time, we will be discussing the following:

-Pokemon parties (everyone should try to have unique parties)
    -How we're going to do contests/gym battles: My take is this...The trainer challenging the gym controls the leader as well and gets into the leader's character as well. I'd like to have the battles detailed; however, it is up to you guys on how long you want the posts to be. I intend my gym battles to last 3-4 posts depending on how many pokemon are used. As for contests, the coordinators will control their opponents in the battle phase. Since Joltik is the only coordinator, she shall also control the appeals. She will describe her own appeal and perhaps mention a few of the others. I guess since she's the only coordinator, 5 ribbons in 8 contests will be good. What do you guys think about this?

-Also, it is up to each RPer on how he intends to meet up with the other RPers. Those starting with the classical starters should get them from Proferssor Oak and the rest need to go to Oak to get their Pokedexes. In terms of getting to Pallet, it is up to you really. Since my character is from Hoenn, he'll travel to Vermillion City via ship and then hop on another ship to get to Pallet Town.

About the RP, one character does not necessarily have to travel in a group with the others, but that character must be in the same town as the others. (For instance, if the group is in Pewter, the loner must also be in Pewter, or at least not in Cerulean).

With that: Happy RP'ing and let's make this a good RP!
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

The Killy Killy Joker Kanon Shirogane's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chronicles: Kanto Days OOC/Discussion Thread

Is it alright if Kairi becomes a Trainer instead of Coordiator, if she didn't. She would be the only coordinator.

Post Thanks / Like

Is being the only coordinator a major problem for you? Is it because you are worried that you won't have a friendly rivalry or someone to train with? I mean the only problem with you also becoming a trainer would be this: Kanto would be done without a coordinator. It would actually speed the RP up, but we would only have our characters stop by to see what's going on and then move forward. It's really up to you on how you want to proceed. I'm fine with you converting into a trainer. Then, the contests would be places where we'd watch and perhaps learn a few moves. Then, hopefully in Johto we'll have coordinators.
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mostly because Kairi has no one to train or compete with, if it's to big of a problem, Kairi can still do contests.

Post Thanks / Like

It's really up to you. What's important is which one will give room for character development along the way, so it's really up to you. If you decide to stick to contests you can create a rival who can make appearances at certain contests your character also competes in.
    I claimed Metang

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think i might switch to the Leauge so i'm not soley deciding the fate of contests.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever suits you, maybe you could add that switch into the RP. You know start out as a coordinator, but after the first contest in Pewter or Viridian you lose and then after you watch the rest of the gym battles, you decide to give it a shot and you like it?
    I claimed Metang

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Damn you people and your time zones, you're always going to bed when I can start posting for the day. >:|
    White: 3826-0624-3213

Post Thanks / Like

Well your time zone shouldn't be that different from Wild Candy's. It seems that there is a one-hour difference. The trouble is mainly with me because I'm at GMT+2:00 hours, but the RP doesn't have to be that fast-paced for now so it's not really a problem :)
    I claimed Metang

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@acs1903

Well the lab is bigger than just one room right? I had read the prior posts and did my best to insert mine into the timeline of events that had happened since I'd arrived before Leavanny's chracter and after Wild Candy's. I was trying to write a post that was as open ended as possible specifically not to trample on other people's events.

To be honest I think it would help confusion if you just controlled Oak as the GM, it would help keep us all on the same page since we wouldn't have to worry about if it was okay yet to snatch control of him away from another player. As it stands now these opening events have been something of an unorganized free-for-all.

Post Thanks / Like

Your point is well taken Fengor. The lab is most probably not that large. The only reason why I don't control the Professor is because the interactions would take too long. I'd have to be online at the same time as the other characters, which would slow us down quite a lot (given that we are already moving at a slow pace). That being said, I think it is pretty clear when someone is done using the Professor. For instance, if the professor uses a phrase such as "good luck on your journey" that would indicate that the conversation is over and the next character can use it. The main reason why the RP seems like a free-for-all is mostly due to Leavanny's arbitrary posting. I've got to find a way to control her other than that it seems pretty normal. So, I guess you are right in your post, but do ignore Leavanny's post. In one moment she greets the Professor in the other she's talking to you (and I still don't know how she managed to get to Pallet from Vermillion in the same time as me while I used a speedboat and she walked. Anyways, we'll have to learn to deal with it. I hope that clears your answer. If things get too unbearable we could do something else. So, @Leavanny Duo please take this as a warning and do watch out for your next posts. Do not jump from character to character starting a conversation or something, just stick to your own character's story for now. If you want to have a scene with someone please let them know ahead of time so it will be planned rather than random.
    I claimed Metang

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@acs1903 Works for me. I updated my previous post earlier today and put in an extra line to bring it up to speed with yours without spamming an extra post.

Post Thanks / Like

@Fengor, @Wild Candy, @Leavanny Duo

Guys, c'mon someone has to post and then I'll post a timeskip and head over to Viridian, but nobody's been posting :(
    I claimed Metang

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Personally I was waiting for the conversation between you and Wild Candy to continue before I interjected again since your last post seemed to be directed at her. That or strike up a conversation with Leavanny but he seems to be lost beyond help.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SHE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast