Catching Fireflies [Apocalyptic RP] [PG-13] [Start-Up] [COMPLETED]

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Fireflies [Apocalyptic RP] [PG-13] [Start-Up] [COMPLETED]

shsl achievement hunter eridan ampora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Catching Fireflies [Apocalyptic RP] [PG-13] [Start-Up] [COMPLETED]

It's all over now guys. It's been brilliant fun and I hope to see you in part ii.
    Catching Fireflies
    Sign Up Thread; Catching Fireflies [Apocalyptic RP] [PG-13] [late SU's open, RP started]

Current Rp-ers and their characters;
    Corruption - Atrox, Cinna and Tai
    The No More Hero - Eliot and Evan
    Skitty_Lover - Elsea and Miami
    Ombrare - Dante and Ace
    samedwards - Damon
    JakkuEbansu - Jakku and Kiba
    Singing in the Rain - Jeremiah, Mary and Jason
    Dash - James

Late sign-ups are still welcome.

---

Please note; Powers are not often put on display to the general public, unless someone is incredibly confident they could fight off/escape any potential threats. If someone sees your power they can normally guess your species from what your powers are (they can be wrong, but they'd just assume that you're from the species most likely to possess that power anyways), and from there it's a quick and easy jump to your allegience, or what your species allegience tends to be. You're dead before you can make an excuse.

Also be aware that Adduco weapons (most with motion-sensors) are everywhere - you best be on guard all the time.

---

Introduction

It was getting steadily worse. The Adduco and their 'accomplices' were growing more active, their hold spreading, their machines slowly creeping further and further across the land like a virus, infecting each and every area surrounding them with their cruel technology and strict rules. Before too long they'd have complete control over what used to be the capital of the country - no-one can remember what this wasteland was called before everything went wrong. Soon they'd all be forced under strict regulations, rules, enforced by an iron fist.

Sooner or later, they'd take over everything - the rebels? They'd have nothing left.

Sooner or later, they'd have nothing to live for.

It was likely sooner rather than later.

And so it begins...

{Atrox}
    Feet pounded across slate tiles, the roof hard under the rapidly decaying remenants of her shoes. Her eyes were squinting in an attempt to block out the rain - a heavy downpour of harsh, fast droplets of water that felt more like hail then the soft water rain was normally. Her hands were fists at her sides, clenched tightly together in an attempt to stop the shaking, repel the feeling of utter desperation, of utter terror that wracked her body at the slightest noise. She was a wimp, and she knew it. She knew she could escape most any threat - she was a Runner, running's what they did - but she was still nervous. And apparently she had a right to be, as a bullet zoomed past her head at an incredible speed, grazing her cheek and drawing a thin line of blood. Screeching she disappeared, teleporting herself forward a few steps in her surprise and stumbling as the motion-sensors the Adduco had planted in her area whirred to life, the machines they were connected to firing - rapidly - in her direction at an insane speed.

Cursing she fell to the floor - she'd tripped over thin air for Pete's sakes - and sank into the shadows, reappearing again in a building about a twenty-minute walk from where she'd been last. Shadow-walking was oh-so-helpful, sometimes. She was noticeably more dishevelled - a fair few cuts where a stray bullet or two had hit her as she'd fell - and panting, breathlessly.

God she hated life at the moment.

---

{Cinna}
    He laughed, a joyful, gleeful sound that rapidly descended into the realms of insanity as demons of all shapes and sizes sprang into existence around him. The bags under his eyes were all-too-visible, his hair standing on end and his grin wide as a chesire-cat's - and just as menacing. The illusions. God, they swarmed around him, rising into existence their swirling, shifting bodies all too real- he laughed again. His eyes shone in the daylight malevolently, or, at least, they would've done, if his illusions hadn't painted the skies black and created an everlasting night around him. He never saw the sun, not anymore. The thought didn't really bother Cinna all that much though, nothing did, except that joyous, wonderful feeling, that rush of adrenaline as the last light of life faded from his victim's eyes.

That was all he lived for. It ws sick, twisted sure, but it was his life, his very existence held together by his addiction, his blood-lust. He rolled over, gazing at the sky with jaded eyes from his position on the stone floor. A few loitering Devias lurked around him, thriving in his depression, his sorrow, his utter lack of sanity, but they didn't stay for long. If they stayed the demons came for them too.

Cinna was happy, in his own, messed up way. Or at least he would be, if he could only find a victim.
    Last edited by eridan ampora; 21st April 2011 at 02:43 AM.
    im Pretty Hardcore

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Catching Fireflies [Apocalyptic RP] [PG-13] [Start-Up]

Jakku

"Huff... huff..."
    Jakku's feet tore across the city rooftops. His head was screaming to hide, but his instincts yelled to keep running.
    His wings emerged from his back.
    "Huff... damn.... only thing I can do..."
    He glanced back at his pursuers, and leapt into the air.
    His wings led him on an unstable path through the air, away from the city. He breathed easier when he left its' borders, before being blown out of the sky by a lone bullet.

Kiba

Kiba glanced across at the horizon.
    "Take that. Bastard Beast-People."
    He holstered his gun, and entered the city.
    "Home... finally..."
    Not seen my artwork yet? For Shame.
    RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE, YOU IMPUDENT WHELP!
    http://jakkuebansu.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

{Atrox}
    She lay, panting, against the wall. Her breaths were short, hard, her fear obvious in her every jilted movement. She was scared - no, terrified - and each and every shadow that lurked around her seemed to be out for her blood. And then she heard a voice, a shout, something directed to 'whoever is in there that doesn't want to be shot, you know, the one who should be pleading for help,' and bolted, a portal, a blue-y green-y swirl of pure magic flickering to life in front of her as she sped forwards, sealing itself immediately after she'd stepped through, leaving no sign of her presence.

She appeared in the middle of nowhere, in one of the empty, barren wastelands wrought by war. She flexed her fingers and slowed slightly, but still ran on, to all appearances at the exact same speed as earlier - she was super-human, of course, and she'd only chnaged her pace oh-so-slightly, so it wasn't surpriding she looked no different.

---

{Cinna}
    They were everywhere. Spiders, huge, black, writhing creatures flooded the area around him, crawling inside his body, through his eyes his mouth his ears, their legs pinhing and pulling and clawing and scraping on every bare inch of his skin. He knew it was an illusion, but the illusion of pain was still there along with the visions he was experiencing, so it certainly felt real.

He began to choke, a coughing fit, half-laughter half-scream, some distressed cry for help. No-one listened as he writhed, helplessly about on the floor, and the last of the Devias that had been lurking around him left, his insanity and the illusions proving to be too much for even them.
    im Pretty Hardcore

Blog Entries

Jakku
    Jakku slumped onto the sand.
    "Everytime... It hurts more..."
    He unfurled a medical kit, yanking the bullet from his leg.
    "Aaarghh.."

Blog Entries

{Atrox}
    A pause in her strides, a sudden jarring of her legs. Someone was out there, lying in the sand. For a second she panicked, vaguely wondering whether she should help or flee. Deciding in an instant a portal flickered to life in front of her, and in a split-second she was at Jakku's side, appearing in a swirl of turquoise.
    im Pretty Hardcore

Blog Entries

"Hi..."
    Jakku looked up.
    He'd met Runners before, and he was in no state to defend himself anyway...
    "Sorry for drawing your attention Madame Runner, I was simply performing some Home First-Aid..."

Blog Entries

{Atrox}
    She blinked owlishly. Not many had met a Runner in their lifetime, but she could sense a sort of familiarity in his eyes. She was not the first he'd seen, she supposed. She waved her hands in an attempt to inform him that she was in no way planning on harming him.

She didn't speak. Didn't like to. Some even went so far as to call her a mute.
    im Pretty Hardcore

Blog Entries

"Runners spend much time on their own... running..."
    Jakku looked up at the sky with a distant look in his eyes.
    "I'm sorry if I was in the way of anything. Just let me put some good ol' vitamin Alchohol on the wound to clean it, and I'll go. Thank you for your concern, Madame Runner."
    Jakku made a slight bow, still sitting.

Blog Entries

{Atrox}
    A nod, agreeing. Her respect for Jakku went up, ever-so-slightly at the remark.

He didn't seem to be lost in his own world, he knew that the war was a very real thing, something horrifying and nightmarish but at the same time was all they had left of their fractured reality.

She saluted Jakku and breifly pondered if that was her que to leave, before deciding that no, she'd wait a moment.
    im Pretty Hardcore

Blog Entries

Jakku grunted as the alchohol lapped at the wound.
    "Gargh... that's never a fun feeling... This is the fourth time I've been shot, and you know what? Always in the legs. They try to stop me running, I assume."
    He opened one eye from his wince, and lifted himself to his feet.
    "My name is Jakku Ebansu. You seem like the silent type, so we will leave it one sided. Have you eaten yet today? It was early when I flew from the city, is it still? I once was out for a week after a similar experience.."

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Dante Ansatsu

Dante had found his target.

Previously, he had nothing to do. Finding victims was hard work. Those damned Accudo were stealing all of his kills. But he had set his sights on who, unless he wasn't paying attention to the conversation, a Runner, as well as someone else who he didn't really care about.

He licked his lips. He could already hear their agonized screams, the sound of metal, ripping through flesh. And on top of that, he had tracked down a Runner. That was definitely a first.

He simply waited, for the split second they would let their guard down. then, he would strike...

Blog Entries

{Atrox}
    She smiled, slightly, gesturing to the cuts that completely covered her body - all from today and all from bullets. Runners were incredibly powerful on your side, so to capture one and force it to obey you was good, but if it refused - like her - it was better off dead. She was a force the Adduco couldn't afford to let loose.

She nodded at her question, interrupting him with a soft "I'm Atrox." She didn't normally speak, and her voice sounded slightly rusty, barely audible and more like she was singing then speaking, but it was understandable, considering how little she spoke to others.

"I've eaten. Fairly early. 10-ish?"
    im Pretty Hardcore

Blog Entries

"Words? An honour."
    He bowed slightly.
    "Being chased by the glorious rulers of the desert too, eh? The enemy of my enemy is my friend then. Shall we walk? Sorry, I have to regain my strength."
    On this, Jakku unfurled some sweet-smelling bread from a pouch in his satchel, and ate.

Blog Entries

{Atrox}
    "I suppose that would be advisable."
    Her walk was naturally fast, a downside to her super-human agility, which often meant that she'd leave people in her dust. She hoped she wouldn't Jakku.
    "...while it may be a crude way to put it - what are you?" she asked, evaluating him with a piercing gaze, ready to run like hell if needed.
    Last edited by eridan ampora; 16th February 2011 at 04:29 PM.
    im Pretty Hardcore

Blog Entries

"I am an Anima. Partly. I fly."
    Jakku looked at her, not blinking as two large black Raven wings emerged from his back.
    "See?"

OOC: Off for the night. Seeya.

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast