Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Raven (Teen: Non-Pokemon)

Blog Entries

Default Black Raven (Teen: Non-Pokemon)

Black Raven

The Magical Guild That Aids Those In Their Hour of Need

In the world of Eden, magic exists in everyday life. Those who practice Magic are known as Magi, and they often use magic to better the world. Magi help others through medicine, through invention, and much more. But what the Magi are most famous for, are the Guilds that scatter the world. Guilds take up requests from anyone in need, and Magi take up those requests to help their clients and earn a reward. However, the most famous guild is known as Black Raven, having the best reputation and the most prestige among it's name. They are considered the best guild in the world because of the strength of their Magi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, this is sort of a Science Fantasy RPG loosely based on Fairytail. (Don't worry, you don't have to be familiar with it to participate, it only influenced the concept.) Basically, the world of Eden is very futuristic in terms of technology, and they also possess powerful magic that is used in everyday life. You are a young Magi who has decided to join the Black Raven Guild, and wants to be the very best Mage they can be.

Rules:
    1. All Bulba Garden Rules apply here!
    2. What I say is law!
    3. All material, including Romance, Violence, Language, etc must be kept PG-13
    4. No Trolling, Bunnying, God-Modding, etc.
    5. Try to be Active! (Let me know if your going to be inactive for awhile.)
    6. Have Fun!

If you have read the rules, place Sacred Oath in your sign up.

Mage Class:

Signs Up Forms:

Cast:
    Last edited by Naoto; 3rd November 2013 at 09:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Black Raven (Teen: Non-Pokemon)

Name: Will Vermillion
    Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Will stands at 5,9 and weighs 130 lbs. He's father slim, with a slightly toned and muscled build. Will's skin is a pale white, and he has black hair which is slightly straight and makes it a little hard to see his sapphire blue eyes. He typically wears black t shirt, with a pair of blue jeans, and a pair of brown leather loafers. In colder weather, he typically wears a dark blue long sleeved shirt, under a a white cardigan, and dark blue jeans, and black fingerless glove. Tied to his belt, is a case that holds several cards which he uses in battle.

History: Will was orphaned at the age 8. His father was a powerful Mage, known as Sora Vermillion, and was often considered one of the strongest Magi to ever live. Will's father was Summoner Class Magi, and was often considered one of the strongest. Sora always taught Will the importance as treating your Summon Spirits as equals and friends, and Will welcomed the day where he could just as strong as his father. However... One Day, a man clad in black for reasons unknown, murdered Will's father before his very eyes. Will did everything he could to save him, but since he was so young, and the wounds were so serious, all of his efforts were for nothing. With his dying breaths, Sora summoned a card that would become Will's first Summon Spirit. He told his son that even though he was gone, that all of his love and protection would be offered in the form of another, and if he was in any danger, just simply crush the card in his hand and help would come to his aide. With tears in his eyes, Will watched as his father died. It's 9 years since the incident, and Will has traveled all over Eden, making a Sacred Oath to become stronger, and has managed to acquire other summon spirits. Will now hopes to join the Black Raven Guild, so he can further better his skills, and prevent the same fate he had suffered from happening to others.

Magi Class: Summoner

Abilities: Will crushes cards to summons spirits to come to his aid in battle. He currently has 5 cards in his possession, and he's formidable when fighting alongside them. He also uses a gun to fight along side with them, and he can kick rather hard to boot. However, he's very dependent on his Summon Spirits in combat, and not only can he not mount an offense without them, he also becomes more emotionally unstable, nearly being driven to tears without them.

Spells:
    1. The Master Of Strings: Orpheus Will's most reliable summon spirit, and the one he received from his father. Orpheus is just as tall as Will. He has dark blue hair and wears a clothes of pure white. He holds a snow white lyre, and is a talented minstrel. However, his true ability in battle is to use his magical songs to attack with fire and lightning, along with providing buffs to Will's allies.

2. The Righteous Warrior: Hercules: A powerfully built man who towers above everyone at 7,1. He is powerfully built and wears a silver armor with no protection on his arms, and a pair of scarlet pants with bare feet. He has silver spiky hair, and wields a large silver colored broad sword about as tall as Will. He doesn't know any magic, but he makes up for this with his behemoth strength that could shatter boulders with a mere punch.

3. The Lady of the Lake: Nimue A beautiful maiden who looks slightly younger then Will. She stands at 5,1 and weighs 98 lbs. She has pale white skin, and shoulder length blue hair with royal blue colored eyes. She wears a simple sleeveless one piece blue dress that comes to her mid thigh, and nothing else. Nimue is a gentle spirit, who has the ability to conjure water. Her water can be used to drench her foes, and heal her allies.

4. The Mover of Earth: Io She stands slightly shorter then Will, and has pale skin a with short auburn colored hair and blue eyes. She wears a french maid outfit with a skirt that comes down to her mid thigh, and she wears a silver choker with a cow head attached to it. Io has a habit of calling Will "Master" Despite his protests, and treats him in high regard. Despite her tiny appearance, she's very physically strong, and excels at physical combat along with Earth Magic.

5. The Harbinger of Death: Thanatos
    Thanatos is Will's strongest Summon Spirit, and he can easily take out a guild by himself. However, Will only uses Thanatos as a Dire Last Resort. Will has very little control over Thanatos, and Thanatos can be prone to going to far with his Violence. None the less, Will treats him with kindness despite the cold shoulder Thanatos gives him. Thanatos excels at Darkness Based magic, along with savage melee attacks including slashes from it's sword, and bites from it's powerful jaws.
    Last edited by Naoto; 22nd October 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Um what exactly is the shifter class? You didn't explain what kind of magic and fighting style they use like you did with the others

Blog Entries

@Midorikawa;

Sorry, I should've been more specific.

Shifter Class Magi are pretty much capable of all types of magic, being able to fill support, caster, and assault type roles all at the same time however. For the cost of versatility, Shifter Class Magi don't excel at any of those things, and are easily out performed by the other classes perspectively. (There also incapable of using Summoning Magic like Summoner Class Magi.)

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Well, I'll reserve a spot please xD

Blog Entries

Thanks @Flaze; ,Your reserved.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Hmm...Can I reserve a spot?

Blog Entries

@Midorikawa; Reserved, thanks a bunch!

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Terra White (nicknames: Molasses)
    Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance: Terra generally wears a long, billowing, black cloak, so few know what she truly looks like. In actuality, Terra hides long, shiny, black hair, chestnut brown eyes, and a dancer's figure underneath her cloak. She typically wears a conservative black dress underneath her cloak. Her skin is pale, since she rarely lets sunlight touch her skin.

History: Terra spent her adolescent life in a monastery, having been sent there because of suitors at home. She began wearing loose-fitting clothing to obscure the very features which garnered the unwanted attention. At the monastery, she was left alone, since she looked unapproachable. Her talk of the Void turned people a way as well. Then the bullying started when she touched a tree and gained access to an ancient power sealed within. This power gave her access to magic which was unheard of, but because of the nature of the magic, she became extremely slow, unable to do anything past a slow walk. The only way for her to move fast was to block an attack with her magic and counterattack- at which point she could move like greased lightning. People made fun of her for being slow, and getting her magic powers from a tree. She withdrew because of this, and her self-esteem suffered drastically. She heard of the Black Raven Guild, and became interested upon learning of others like her. She decided to join, and make a Sacred Oath to use her powers for good and rebuild her self-esteem.
    Magi Class: Support

Abilities: Terra's magic comes from her belief in a mystical realm known as the Void, where all reality began, and shall inevitably return. Her magic is mainly defensive, with a few counterattacks. She can also use her magic to make her Void real, and call upon its power.

Spells: (5 Spells your character uses, don't worry, you can learn more as the RP goes on. You can make one of their abilities stronger then the rest. If your a Summoner Class, just simply list your summons and their abilities.)
    1. Umbra: Terra calls forth a cloud of Void energy to obscure the enemy's sight for a short time. The duration increases gradually with use.
    2. Void's Breeze: Terra waves her hand, conjuring a green barrier to deflect projectiles aimed at her allies. She can counterattack even if the projectile wasn't aimed at her, so long as it is deflected by this move. The strength of the barrier increases gradually with use.
    3. Shield Crest: Terra calls up a crimson circular crest in front of herself or an ally that blocks most attacks. She can hold it almost indefinitely, but it will drop if too many attacks hit it. Terra can counterattack if she blocks with this move. The strength of the shield increases gradually with use.
    4. Delta Attack: Terra calls up a powerful shield to block an attack. If an attack is blocked, the energy from the attack is dispersed to her allies, increasing their offensive capabilities in proportion to the strength of the attack divided by the number of active allies. The move gains effectiveness with use.
    5. Void's Blessing: Terra calls upon the power of the Void to heal herself and her allies. This healing move is fairly unreliable, but its reliability increases with use.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Registered User Cloud Strife718's Avatar

May I reserve a spot until later today? I just have to run out for a bit but ill get to work once I get back.

I will not be available May 2nd to May 5th.

---BBL Fire Gym Leader---
    Genesis 19:24

Blog Entries

@Ludwig Beilschmidt; Your approved.
    @Cloud Strife718; Your reserved.

Blog Entries

Can I reserve a spot? I should have a character by tomorrow.

Also, I don't suppose I can use monsters from other shows/media, could I? (Just thought I'd ask. I have to admit, I'm kinda tempted to make my character like someone out of Yu-Gi-Oh!)
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

@DracoMan; Your reserved!

I would probably say no to flat out copying of canon characters.

But, I would say it's okay if you did something similar and put your own spin on it. For example, Will's Summon Spirit Thanatos is based off a mythological angel of death from Greek Mythology, but I took his appearance the monster of the same name from Persona 3. So basically, I'm taking something canon, and putting my own spin on it.

Registered User Cloud Strife718's Avatar

Name: Kumonai Shirousagi AKA Ghost AKA Shiro
    Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Ghost stands at a tall 6'0, hulking of 170 lbs of purely trained muscles. His skin is a fair color and his eyes are colored a deep blue. Typically covering his eyes and face is his long, silver hair which flows with the wind in front of his face and behind his back. For clothes, his body is entirely wrapped in white bandages from his neck, down to hands and feet. Over that, he wears a long, sleeveless white hoodie that flows behind him along with white pants that are held comfortably with a white belt. His white boots ride up over the end of his pants and his signature sword is kept in its sheath on his waist in samurai-style fashion. The sheath is obviously white with the hilt also matching it as well.

History: The mysterious young mercenary given the name Ghost couldn't remember most of his early years as a child. Being raised by random people who found him alone and abandoned, he had no parents and no family to go by and no life of his own. He had grown a silent life, discovering his adoptive family were actually a crew of well-trained sword masters from an unnamed guild. As he grew older and capable, they began training him in ways of the sword and close combat in general, mind and body all while they could. At the age of 13, he was recognized to be exceptional in their training at such a young age and it was hypothesized that it was because of his empty life. Trying to help him find his origin, his guild family members had stumbled onto an enemy guild, meeting their end unexpectedly with all of them being murdered. After they were killed, their own entire guild was completely destroyed soon after. All of this was unknown to Ghost for a while, living on his own and never knowing the truth until someone told him. Determined to get revenge, he trained harder and hunted any leads he could for years but to no avail. After many years of gaining a name for himself in taking odd jobs by himself, he decided his best bet would be to join another guild and gain the power the magis had to defeat his enemies.

Magi Class: Assault Class

Abilities: Shiro can utilize small gems embedded in his katana to change his style of attack. Although he only has five from his adoptive family, he has discovered that the colored stones are more numerous in existence and has devoted himself to finding more as he lives his sacred oath for revenge. The gems do not deactivate without his command or his physical touch.

Spells: (5 Spells your character uses, don't worry, you can learn more as the RP goes on. You can make one of their abilities stronger then the rest. If your a Summoner Class, just simply list your summons and their abilities.)

1. Fire Kata: Blaze Sword: Shiro uses the red gem to give his blade the element of fire, flames scorching along the edge and granting him the ability absorb fire attacks as well.
    2. Water Kata: Liquid Whip: Shiro encases his blade in a thin layer of water, giving it length to form into a tangible whip with slashing force and also enough strength to use to latch on to things. He commonly uses it for aerial movements or grappling enemies.
    3. Wind Kata: Twin Dragons: Shiro morphs his blade into dual kodachi, making his swordplay quicker, lighter and more precise. While it does change his weapon, his blades have an invisible layer of wind, granting him an added length to cut and confuse the enemy. It also grants him swift movement that can accel him to move like a blur.
    4. Earth Kata: Smashing Blade: Another weapon transformation, Shiro sacrifices speed to change his blade into a large claymore. The true purpose of this gem grants him the power to strike the earth and make mounts of earth to defend or even strike the enemy. Besides that, his strength against others is almost unmatchable, giving him enough power to break other swords or bones.
    5. Ghost Kata, Serene Movement: Celestial Sword: Shiro's strongest and least used white gem. It places him in a great state of weakness after being used, almost immobilizing him and placing a great toll on his body. As he summons this power, he gains a white aura, complete with wings and a bright glow to his sword. In this form, Shiro can move faster then Wind Kata, strike as hard as Earth Kata and not make a sound.

I will not be available May 2nd to May 5th.

---BBL Fire Gym Leader---
    Genesis 19:24

Blog Entries

@Cloud Strife718; Approved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast