The Battle of Two Worlds (Start-up)

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle of Two Worlds (Start-up)

Blog Entries

Default The Battle of Two Worlds (Start-up)

After the fall of Team Vassar, Kanto has achieved an era of peace. Even with pre-war tensions within Hoenn, Kanto has formed an alliance with its sister region, Johto, and things have never been better. That is, until, the formation of a mysterious portal in Vermilion City, which allowed several black, misty forms similar in shape to Pokémon.

The Darkmist Pokémon were aggressive, attacking anything and everything near them. Several trainers attempted to fend off the Darkmist Pokémon, but the weaker trainers were unable to, the stronger trainers with Level 50+ parties able to hold their ground against their Darkmist opponent. However, any attacks going through the portal were deflected back to their sources. Things were bleak until the portal began to collapse and the Darkmist Pokémon dissipated. People looked into the world beyond the portal and saw the Legendary Pokémon of Dimension, the Renegade Pokémon Giratina, which released a fearsome roar before the portal sealed.

Several months after this event, another portal opened in Cerulean City and released more Darkmist Pokémon, they too attacking everything in their path, with events playing out exactly as they had, with Giratina making a more visible appearance, causing many to blame it for the Darkmist Pokémon, since it was a shadow creature like them.

This time, New Silph analyzed the portal and began developing a way to open the portal and allow trainers to travel through without damaging our own and combat the Renegade Pokémon. They have advised many strong trainers to come to the New Silph Building in Saffron City, in order to assist against the impending Darkmist threat, before ‘Giratina’s Army’ they succeed in destroying the region of Kanto.

Rules
    1. Correct grammar, please. No 1337, txt tlk fowt or anything similar
    2. No over the top swearing. You can swear as long as you don’t use one per post.
    3. Do not mock or bully another character, unless you’ve come to agreement with the user.
    4. If any problems arise, contact me or Dark Knight so we may sort it.
    5. No godmodding, otherwise your character will be removed with an excuse for their absence.
    6. Follow all forum rules.
    7. No Pointless posting, if it doesn’t add to a personal or the general storyline, don’t bother.
    8. OOC comments in quote boxes like the following
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of Character
    Do you think the GMs would mind?
    9. If two conversations are occurring at the same time, to try and limit confusion, please could you quote the conversation you are replying to.
    10. In order to separate events from things my character is doing, events will be in Red Italics while A.D’s actions will be in the normal text.
    11. There must be at least 1 four-sentence paragraph in your post.
    12. You can-chain post, but only 3 posts per person chain-posting.
    13. GMs have the right to stop the RPG if someone is missing an important plot in the storyline.

And now, we shall begin.
    Last edited by Instrutilus; 11th January 2010 at 05:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Default Re: The Battle of Two Worlds (Start-up)

The forest was dark, and it was raining heavily. A few Noctowl hooted in the distance, but were silenced by a strike of thunder. A Rattata, who had strayed from its nest to aquire a berry that had fallen from a nearby bush, waited underneath it. A drop of rainwater fell from a leaf and landed on its nose, surprising it. It went for it, bolting across the clearing to it's nest under a nearby tree.
    And then it stopped halfway. It sat on its hind legs, looking around, sensing something. It suddenly squeaked in surprise, as a horrible rushing sound was heard in its ears, like when you stand next to a train as it's going past. The air around it went a shade of lime green, then a flash of green light bursted out from the centre of the clearing, sending Rattata flying into a tree behind it.
    A man, dripping wet, fell to his knees where the flash of light was seen, and he was gasping for breath. He landed on a wet, marshy spot of earth, and dirty water flew up, soaking his grey jeans in mud. His brilliant brunette hair was sopping wet and stuck to his forehead, and his tattered red and black jacket clung to his body.
    Kirk lifted his face up and looked to his side at the Rattata. It was staring back at him with such intense fear that it couldn't move. Kirk smirked slightly at it, and lifted himself onto one knee. He was so happy that he had escaped. So god damn happy. He smiled that surprising, brilliant smile that Kirk only gives when he has just something spectacular.
    "Which way to Saffron, little fella?" Kirk gasped.
    i haven't changed this signature for like sixteen years
    i guess i'll put a link to that fic i'm planning on doing one day

Blog Entries

Up in the mountains, wearing a unique red, black and white coat stood a wandering man. He looked upon the land of Kanto, smiling at his home region as the memories of his life before travelling came back to him. He enjoyed his life prior, but he wouldn't give up his travelling life until the day he would settle down.

Releasing an Aerodactyl, he hopped aboard and flew to his hometown, concerned for his mother. He had been since the rumours began, the rumours of portals opening in Vermilion and Cerulean City, with Pokémon of unnatural mist coming through and attacking everything in sight. However, there was another thing troubling the man, something which concerned him more then anything.

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Kirk ran through the forest, the marshy land splashing with every step, soaking his jeans even more. He leapt over a bramble bush, kicking a couple of berries from it as he went. This was the most fun he'd had in a while.
    Suddenly, the trees became thicker and the forest became darker. Kirk scouted around for a way out, but had completely lost his bearings. He turned around to go back, but found his path blocked by... what was that?
    Kirk blinked at it.
    And it was gone.
    Kirk breathed deeply, the breath turning to a cloud of gas as it exited his mouth. He was getting cold. And slightly scared. Maybe he should get out of here.

Blog Entries

Nathan sent out his Charizard. "Charizard we're near Vermillion city now it would be a good idea for you to have some fresh air." Nathan sent out Pichu and Cyndaquil. "You guys stay alert I heard there's some portals all over Kanto." Charizard, Pichu and Cyndaquil were getting ready for any foes attacking.

I Have Returned The REAL Dialga's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kain surveyed the town square, his HUD scanning and labelling everything larger than half a centimetre. The actual attack happened several months ago, but the wreck left in its wake looked hardly a few hours old. The snowfall that almost literally entombed Pewter City had been gracious enough to narrowly miss Celadon. Rainfall washed away only the smallest pieces of rubble, and no-one, save for certain police officials, had set foot in the town square. They had good reason to, as sthe square was lucky to even be called the town square anymore. Large holes and gaps had been torn in buildings, smashed and crushed stone scattered everywhere, flung several metres and doing damage of their own. Paving had been torn up and cracked severely all around, footing was unsure, and one would had to pay attention to their steps to avoid putting their foot in a pothole. Glass lay shattered all around the square, many of the shards stained with brown-red blood. Then his HUD suddenly noticed something highly unusual. All manner of percentages and figures showed up, no result being reached and different statistics being displayed. Kain walked over to the stone and flicked it over. Inside was a sharp, gray object, cracked open in places and pulsing with an unnatural energy. Kain didn't just feel it, it was like his entire soul was responding to this object. He hesitated for a moment, then bent over to pick it up. The feeling was stronger now, he could barely think straight, but he continued unfazed towards the police station.
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of Character
    Two things, one, Kain's mask is built so that he can breathe and speak properly without an apparent gap for his mouth, it also comes equipped with small, 1 hour air cartriges, for emergencies. Two, he obtained his four pokemon before entering the academy. He and his pokemon trained together for his entire enrollment.
    I am once again in a state of not-knowing-what-to-put-here-age.

Blog Entries

The man with the unique coat took note of a disturbance over in the Pewter City Square. Nudging his Aerodactyl, he flew over the top of the city and saw a man wearing an odd mask heading for the Police Station from a destroyed City Center. The man with the unique jacket landed Aerodactyl between the masked man and the Police Station.

"What's going on here?" he asked, clearly annoyed by the destruction caused.

Blog Entries

"Pichu!!!!" "Hey Pichu you're right get on Charizard!" "CHAR!!" (Some wild pokemon were attacking) Charizard flew over to a city to get safe. It was Pewter City. "Right Charizard ready?" "CHAR!" Nate jumped off of his Charizard with his Cyndaquil and Pichu diving down with Charizard. They landed safely. "Hey is that? A.D!"

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Something burst from the undergrowth. Kirk twisted round to try and spot whatever it was, but it struck him so quickly he couldn't see what it. It slashed him round the face, throwing him to the ground. His face bleeding badly, Kirk pushed himself back on one hand and tried to look towards the attacker. It glanced back at him, then leapt up into the air with such velocity it flew into the next acre with ease. Kirk eyes flickered from pain, as his head turned back towards the grassy earth, and he blacked out, mud splattering his face.

It was daybreak when Kirk woke up again.
    He pushed himself up from his bed of grass, mud and water, and turned himself over onto his back. He wiped some of the dirt from his face and tried to remember what had happened to him the night before. He couldn't remember anything.
    Light was shining through the gaps in the trees in front of him. Kirk groaned, and staggered up onto his feet. He scratched the back of his head, which was throbbing, and stroked the two scars that had appeared on the right side of his face.
    Kirk stumbled towards the sunshine coming from behind the trees, and went out into the shining sun on the hillside. Kirk almost didn't recognise Pewter City. It was covered in snow and had a seemingly new crater where the town square usually was. It wasn't new, thought, Kirk knew this. That's why he was there.
    Kirk started to jog down the hill away from Viridian Forest towards the city.

Blog Entries

The man in the unique jacket noticed an officer turn around a corner, before pulled out a Pokétch, then a Pokégear. He put the Pokétch back before checking the Pokégear for information pertaining to this.

"Hmmm, apparently this was months ago," he muttered, before closing the Pokégear down. He noted this must be a Pewter Officer, before getting back on Aerodactyl, "sorry for wasting your time, Officer."

He flew away from the man and down south, over Viridian Forest on his way home. He noticed two other presences before decidedly ignoring them and continuing on.
    Last edited by Instrutilus; 6th January 2010 at 04:03 PM.

Blog Entries

"Hey he flew off! Well let's go to him!" Nate got on his Charizard with his pokemon and flew to the Aerodactyl.

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Kirk trotted slowly up to Pewter City town square, but had to stop due to a police official. He stayed behind the area marked with ticker-tape, and observed what was going on behind it. Suddenly he sensed something. Something beyond where he was standing. In the crater.
    Kirk looked to the left and to the right, checking no one was looking, then ducked under the tape and walked into the rubble that was the centre of Pewter City. As he approached the crater, the sense of something being there got stronger and stronger, until a police officer stopped him again.
    Suddenly, what remained of a wall to a building toppled over, crashing to the ground, sending brick and mortar in all directions. He looked over to a shadowy spot outside the tickertape, and gave a Hypno a thumbs up, which it returned.
    Kirk wandered towards the crater, ducking into shadows whenever a policeman wandered by. Soon he reached the crater, the feeling of importance was making his brain itch against his skull, making him dread whatever was down there. He krept closer to the crater, and looked down to see...
    A Pokégear SIM card?
    Kirk bent over into the crater to pick up the card, and observed it. It looked in perfect working order. Obviously this was something that somebody didn't want anybody to see. He flipped it up into the air, caught it again in his fist, and grinned. He then turned to the nearest exit and bolted from the square.

Veteran Roleplayer Knight of Day's Avatar

OOC: Um.....why did you post almost a page without me? I'm a GM too...

Rex was sitting on a bench in the square.

He looked up the latest news on his small laptop, and found nothing new. Then he shut the cover on it.

Rex looked around for anyone unusual; out of curiosity. He spotted a man with some unique scratches on his face. Rex stood up and beckoned for Shadow and Electrivire to follow.

He ran up in front of him.

"Um, hello...Are you okay? You have some...erm...scratches on your face...." Rex said timidly to the stranger.

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Kirk was surprised by the sudden arrival of the person in front of him, and also very irritated. He could be a member of the police force, or the person who dropped the SIM card. He looked at the Pokémon following him. An Electivire and an Absol, two very strong Pokémon. Looks like they'll want to steal it by force than butter me up for it, Kirk thought.
    "I'm fine." Kirk drawled. He wanted to get away from this kid as quick as possible.

Veteran Roleplayer Knight of Day's Avatar

"Okay, sorry, I'm really nosy..." Rex said turning away.
    Okay, he's looking at me like I'm an idiot. Best get away... He thought to himself.

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast