Avatar: Wrath of the Spirits [Sign-Up]

Thread: Avatar: Wrath of the Spirits [Sign-Up]

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Avatar: Wrath of the Spirits [Sign-Up]

So, I decided to throw together another RP. What do you think?

Introduction:

Gameplay:

Rules:

Sign-Up Form:

Characters:

Any questions or clarification needed? Just ask Renewal!
    Last edited by Renewal; 8th March 2012 at 01:03 AM.

Default Re: Avatar: Wrath of the Spirits [Sign-Up]

omg omg omg!!!! i love avatar :DDD anyways reserve me a spot for a bender.... not sure what kind yet but probably gonna be air... also i gots a quetion... when traveling to the spirit world, do we travel as our selves or in the form of the spirit?
    Last edited by fundamental; 29th February 2012 at 03:28 AM.

OOC:Leave it to Renewal to come up with such a complicated but awesome RP. Hopefully this one actually starts.

Name:Shayu
    Element: Water
    Bender?: Yes
    Background: Born in the Northern Water as son of the Chief, Shayu was raised as a warrior. He spent most of his childhood training day in and day out. He hated the pressure and the constant practice. As he grew up he became more defiant blowing off his training when he cold get away with it. He became much of a loner, but at the same time felt the need to be with others. At the age of 13, so he could escape the life he hated, he took a small ship and sailed to the Original Southern Water Tribe. An precursor to the the Tribe that would be formed again in the far future. He passed through the other nations, never spending much more than a day in a single area. His journey made him realize how sheltered his life had been in his old home. He saw crimes, pain, suffering, and disease. He had never known how much plagued the world. After two years he had finally arrived. The Southern Tribe was while very similar to him home it was also very different. Rights were equal, the people were much more free, and of course he wasn't required to train on a daily basis. He took the tribe as his home and was instantly accepted considering the many customs the Southern Tribe shared with the Northern. He took their style of fighting and weaponry, preferring it much more. He made a living as a hunter, selling his catch to the citizens.

Personality: Shayu is in the most basic sense, a loner. He prefers to fight for himself rarely accepting help from anyone else. He feels as though needing assistance is a sign of weakness. He often will go off by himself, separating himself from others for days on end. On top of that, his temper is incredibly short. With any reason to be angry he can just completely lose it snapping into a fit of rage. His antisocial attitude tends to lead him to just responding to others with a grunt or a growl.Despite his personality that greatly argues otherwise, he does appreciate friends, just not those who feel the need to help him.

Appearance: Shayu's appearance fits the norm for people of the Water Tribes. His skin his is fairly tanned, slightly more so from his time in the Fire and Earth Nations. His eyes are darker than most of the Tribe's being a dark royal blue color. He has short dark brown hair pulled back in a warrior's wolf tail, common in the Southern Tribe. He stands at 6'2" with a muscular build. He wears a dark blue suit of leather armor with the ends trimmed with white fur. On top of it he wears a short cloak with a crescent moon shape on the shoulders.

Equipment: A scimitar like weapon carved from a whale's jaw. Two shark tooth daggers.

Spirit Partner:
    Type: Wild
    Appearance: A large arctic wolf with snow white fur. Its eyes glow with a shine similar to moonlight. On its head is dark grey, sideways, crescent. Its tail is abnormally curled and extremely bushy. The wolf's paws are quite large with very sharp claws extending out of them. Its teeth are very longs, the incisors sticking outside of its mouth.
    History: Just the average inhabitant of the Spirit World. Originally lived as a rare Arctic Wolf near the North Pole. After death it transferred into the Spirit World, often mistaken as an embodiment of moonlight.
    Personality: The wolf personality is much like that of the human it formed its bond with. A lone wolf during his life, he is just as antisocial as Shayu if not more. Always on the look out for a threat, the wolf never lets his guard down. He will sometimes attack if even the slightest bit provoked. He tends to hold grudges, deciding that once someone has wronged him the are officially an enemy.

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not sure if this is okay… Let me know if I need to change anything.

Name: Joseph and Joshua “The Clones” Antonimous

Element: Water

Bender?: Yes

Appearance:

Joe and Josh stand tall for their age, at six foot two, and have a pale complexion. They both have messy black hair (though Joshes is approximately an inch longer) and bright, turquoise eyes. They both also have a thin, four-inch long scar on the side of their face (right for Joe, left for Josh) because they were born Siamese.

They usually wear black, sometimes “mixing-it-up” with blue’s, green’s and pinks. They’re never seen without a pair of fingerless gloves (style may vary). They each also have a silver chain around their neck. that has a small, glass phial on it, containing water with mystical properties from Oasis Island. (See Background) They wear them for good luck.

Personality:
    Joe and Josh can be described as nothing more than quirky. Being sarcastic at times, happy-go-lucky at others, and downright insane normally on a rare occasion, people generally don’t know what they’re thinking. They differ in several ways, however; Josh is the more protective and dominant, sticking up for Joe and anyone else whom he admires. He is also more brutal, retorting to violence quicker than Joe would. Joe, on the other hand, may appear harmless, but watch out; this rose has thorns. If something really gets on his nerves, even Josh, his temper will gain control and he will lash out.

Background:
    Joe and Josh were born and raised in a small ocean village, in the distant waters surrounding the Northern Water Tribe. Their Village literally floated on the ocean’s surface, anchored to the sea bed below, and was named LaParadicia, after the Ocean Spirit.

The residents of LaParadicia held regular rituals and ceremonies in honour of the Ocean Spirit, as well as her sister, Tui. As a result, the waters surrounding LaParadicia are calm and tranquil, only bothered by storms twice a year, during Lunar Eclipses. At these times, the village’s mightiest Water Benders take control and guide the Village to a new spot, where it is anchored once more.

For as long as they can remember, Joe and Josh has trained under the Village’s Elder, Mighty Sensei Unda. They are his personal apprentices, and near the skill of most of the Village’s top Benders.

However many times the Village is moved, however, it is always within sailing distance of Oasis Island. This spiritual island is where Joe and Josh visit each day, where the spirits claimed them as their own.

Oasis Island is little more than a mile long in any direction. It’s perfectly circular, with a large oasis of water in the middle, and a smaller island within that. The island is ripe with wildlife and plantation. Joe and Josh love to spend days here at a time, eating the island’s tropical fruit and drinking the fresh, pure, blessed water in the Oasis.

In the centre of the island is a cave, a direct passage to the Spirit World, where Joe and Josh were bonded to their spirit partners.

Spiritual Partners: Lacus and Terrae
    Type: Nature
    Aspect: Oasis Island, water and land respectively.
    Appearance: Lacus takes the form of a great killer whale. Her scales are in different shades of blue, and her eyes are completely black, as if her pupils had completely dilated and obscured her whole eyes.

Terrae, however, is a large wolf, as big as a horse. His fur is dark brown, almost black, with slight streaks of green, barely viewable. His eyes, too, are completely black.
    Personality: Lacus and Terrae are very wise and noble spirits. They have a defined sence of right and wrong, and can detect trouble very easily. They're also very loyal to Joe and Josh, as the twins are to them. All four of them make a pretty good family, together.
    History: Lacus and Terrae came into existence when their island was formed. Most places are formed by natural occurrences, but Oasis Island came into being when a might bender forced the land to raise. Water was trapped on the islands centre, so he created channels to link it back to the ocean.

But the water was dirty. The bender poured his life essence into the Oasis, giving everything that he was to purify the water as it flowed through the channels. He gave his life, to create this island. As a cave rose from the island’s centre and he crossed over into the spirit world, he said only one word.

“Mina…”
    Last edited by British Joe; 5th March 2012 at 12:11 AM.
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

Blog Entries

Sorry for taking so long to get back to all of you; I seem to never have any free time anymore.

@fundamental: Glad to see you're so excited . Reserved. As for your question, your character will travel as himself or herself, with their partner spirit accompanying them. The two are only bound together, and are not the same being.

@Majin Mew: I'm hoping so XD. I really want a chance to see how far this RP can go, because I'm leaving it very freeform and player-driven. Really, I just want all of us to end up exploring the world of Avatar. I love that show so much. Anyway, approved.

@The Anonymous: I love how you're always able to give a new spin on the Clones. Very well done; the names are a bit incongruous, but that's rather unimportant. Approved.

Yun
    Blog Entries

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF- reserve me a spot, PLEASE!!

Also, I coulda' thrown together a banner for you xDD

Blog Entries

@Oerba: Of course . Reserved. And you're free to make a banner if you've got the time; I would much appreciate it!

Dead before it started...D: