Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AURA (OOC/Sign-Ups)

Blog Entries

Default AURA (OOC/Sign-Ups)

The RP has begun. This will now be changed to OOC and further Sign-Ups.

Welcome to the world of AURA. The story revolves around a collection of individuals who possess the artificial blood of ancient aura-based magic, aptly called Aura. This Aura, given to the those who possess it at birth, grants the user with arcane abilities.

History of Aura, no need to read if you wish; it is simply for further understanding.

You will play as one of the Third Generation of Aura Users. Your character can be anyone from any walk of life, so long as you remain in setting. Learning what that means only takes a sweeping glance at the setting portion of this post. When your character is posted, they will have their Aura evaluated and checked to see if it is too powerful or a duplicate of another person's. A tip: elemental powers are the easiest to get; try to see if that is taken first if you so wish. Beyond this, Aura is very diverse; be creative but please feel free to be slightly broad with your skill.

Setting Information, in bullet points for your convenience.

Rules

Sign-Up Form
    NOTE: Currently not accepting female characters until the ratio balances a bit. Sorry, but there is a little too much estrogen here.

My SU

Characters & Auras
    Sera Nolan, Yun - Storm Aura (Electricity)
    Sabishi, serahthecute - Hidden Aura (Espionage)
    Natasha Fowler, Charles Dunois - Hunter's Aura (Fauna Mimicry)
    Adèle, Heliolisk - Valkyrie Aura (Wind)
    Silver Albarn, Ayato - Sniper Aura (Marksmanship)
    Red Jackson, smaug85 - Turtle Aura (Time Perception)
    Sword XIV, Heroic Sociopath - Quick Aura (Speed Boost)

For additional information, contact Yun for more information or simply post it within the thread.
    Last edited by Yun; 28th January 2014 at 03:44 PM.

Default Re: AURA

Can I reserve or even use Caliber from the last RP with you?

Blog Entries

I would like to reserve, if at all possible.

Blog Entries

@serahthecute; Do as you wish, but I will still need to evaluate. Reserve kept.
    @Charles Dunois; Of course, reserve noted.

Blog Entries

I'm gonna join anyway, so reserve, but just a question. How long does it take for an adult implanted with aura die? If long enough, could I control a character who is slowly dying from aura poisoning? If not, that's fine, I can easily alter the character.
    My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don't get it, I can't do it.
    -Morgan Freeman

Blog Entries

@smaug85; Well, the Aura keeps them bedridden until they die, so it's physically impossible for them to move.
    @Ayato; Sera and Rachel will be interesting in play, seeing as they seem to be similar in their mannerisms. Accepted, and I love the aura by the way.

Default AURA

Name: Sabishī
    Height/Weight: 5.0, 120 pounds
    Faction:

Appearance: She always wears her black cloak with combat boots she never takes them off she never changes, her eyes are blue but she always wears black contacts her hair is red, but she has dyed It black. You never get to see her. She never let's you get close enough to do so.

Personality: Sabishī is a grim unlikeable loner she hardly ever says anything but when she does it always comes out cold, and in no more then twenty words she doesn't do well around people and will even reject help even if she's near death.

Additional Information:

Aura Ability :
    Aura of the Hidden, she has the ability to remove light from around her leaving a eight foot balls if darkness were she would be (this however can only be held for periods of about five minutes. She has the ability to summon smoke bombs, flash bangs and grappling hooks at will and is able to see in pure darkness.

Equipment & Talents
    Sabishī has the talent to get in people's head and know what they are thinking.
    She owns two items a mysterious black rock that seems to return to her wherever she is, and a silenced pistol that never has to be reloaded.

The Killy Killy Joker Kanon Shirogane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you like the sign up, Yun. I actually created Rachel before reading your sign up, so I didn't intend to create someone so similar. Oh well, it will probably be an interesting dynamic to see in play.

Make my day, Internet. Heartist's Avatar

Can I reserve a sign-up for an Aura of Air?

Blog Entries

@Heliolisk; You have a reserve, but I can't reserve the power. First come, first serve.
    @serahthecute; Make sure that you do not tennis, okay? Accepted.

Blog Entries

Sorry guys, but...here's another girl!

Name: Natasha Fowler
    Height/Weight: 6’00”, 163lbs
    Faction: Other

Appearance: Natasha is relatively dark-skinned with even darker, messy hair that reaches the back of her knees. At approximately 6 feet tall with a rather muscular build and distinctly-yellow eyes, she’s rather imposing, though apart from that, she's actually somewhat pretty. She wears a dark gray vest, khaki shorts, and hiking boots.
    Personality: Natasha is arrogant above all else. She stakes all of her pride in her ability as a hunter, and looks down on those she deems unfit. She’s nearly always completely serious, and refuses to focus on anything but the task at hand. This leaves her a bit lacking in social graces.

Additional Information: Natasha speaks in a faint British accent.

Aura Ability
    Hunter’s Aura: Natasha is able to alter her physical form as the situation dictates. This can be as simple as a change in eye color to as extreme as becoming a beast unrecognizable as a human being. However, the adaptations must be organic in nature—that is, she can’t turn her skin into rock or melt into a puddle of water. Each reconfiguration requires an extreme amount of energy, and as such, Natasha cannot use this ability very often.

Equipment & Talents
    As you might have guessed, Natasha has a love of the hunt and the skills as both a hunter and survivalist to match. She always keeps a knife on her person.
    Last edited by Charles Dunois; 26th January 2014 at 07:11 PM.

Make my day, Internet. Heartist's Avatar

Name: Adèle
    Height/Weight: 5'2", 119 lbs.
    Faction: Other

Appearance: Adele is rather short even for her age, and has long dirty blonde hair that cuts off a little past the shoulders. Adèle has hazel eyes, which lead more towards green. She usually wears a dark maroon tee with torn gray jeans and orange Adidas. Her face is etched with scars, perhaps the most noticeable runs across her eye, down her throat, and stops mid-way down her abdomen.
    Personality: Adèle is usually a calm person, but she can also be very nervous and jumpy. Usually around fire is when she becomes visibly scared and downright jittery. She is afraid of fire.

Additional Information: It is hardest for her to defeat heavy, tank-like enemies because they cannot be blown away.

Aura Ability
    Valkyrie Aura - an Aura associated with the Air element, it allows Adèle to control the speed of wind. It also greatly improves her jumping ability, which can often go up to fifteen feet high. The downside to this though is that she easily zones out due to the lack of air. When she comes down, this could make capturing her that much easier.

Equipment & Talents
    Adèle has a brass chestplate with shoulderplates and arm guards. She has a doublesided Celestial bronze sword, which she can twirl around forcefully to create powerful gusts.

Blog Entries

@Charles Dunois;, @Heliolisk;
    ... Yep, I'm changing my character's gender. Accepted, nonetheless.

The Killy Killy Joker Kanon Shirogane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll try and create a second male character to help with the gender ratio.

Name: Silver Albarn
    Height/Weight: 5,0 and 110 lbs.
    Faction: Aura Gatherers

Appearance: Silver is young, with pale skin and snow white hair with bangs long enough to make it hard to see his eyes which are a pale silvery blue. He is very slender, and lacks overall muscle or tone usually found in an experienced soldier. He's still and decent shape, and he's actually really agile. He usually chooses to wear the Aura Gatherers coat over a long sleeved orange shirt with a dark green cargo shorts with matching combat boots made for running. When fighting, he summons a pair of silver colored pistols that have a muzzle that is 12 inches in length with ebony handles.

Personality: Silver is an introvert, he's new to the Aura gatherers, and has never seen battle before. He was actually average in every ability of being soldier, except for the potential strength of his Aura. He lacks confidence in his abilities, and often holds himself inferior to his teammates. Despite this however, he has an unyielding will who refuses to give up, no matter the cause, and he has an unfettered kindness that is capable of showing anyone kindness no matter their appearance. He's a little naive to the world around him, and he knows it. He mainly joined the Aura gatherers to experience the world to overcome this flaw. He get's flustered easily, but if his friends are at stake, he would even stand up to the devil himself.

Additional Info: Silver's Theme

Aura Ability
    Sniper's Aura: Silver's aura takes the form of the two guns he wields in battle which he calls "Fenrir", however, these guns are unique. They don't require to be reloaded, and thanks to Will's Aura abilities, each Bullet has a different property. He currently only knows how to fire bullets imbued with fire lightning, and ice elements along with a bullet that will heal minor wounds of his target. He's capable of fusing the guns into a Machine gun, a Sniper Riffle, and a Rocket Launcher to give his bullet's effects more potent, however, this takes up a lot of energy and he will pass out if he over exerts himself. Each gun can fire about 2 rounds a second, allowing him to effectively mount a relentless offensive from a distance.

However, Silver has some noticeable weaknesses. Silver is mostly dependent on agility and distance to effectively harass his foe without being exposed to harm himself. He has a hard time dealing with close quarter combat. He's also inexperienced when it comes to fighting, so he's more prone to mistakes then others, and if he's ever stripped of his guns for any reason, he's practically useless because he can't mount an offense.

Equipment & Talents
    Silver is a talented marksman, handling his guns with immense amount of skill despite his lack of battle experience. Because of need to hit targets from far away, Silver has really good eyes, and can make out very minute details in objects and surroundings that others might miss.
    Last edited by Kanon Shirogane; 26th January 2014 at 07:02 PM.

Blog Entries

@Ayato; Thank you so much. Accepted.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast