Arcánum (Non-Pokémon)

Thread: Arcánum (Non-Pokémon)

Yun
    Blog Entries

Default Arcánum (Non-Pokémon)

This RP is the reboot of a past RP that I GM'd a while ago, which died sadly due to slight inactivity. Now, it is back. I would like to re-introduce...

For those who were a part of Arcanum beforehand, you will remember the story.

In the remote parts of a distant world, there lies a flourishing country; topped upon multiple seas of torrential waters. This continent, large in size; carries itself in a manner unseen in most other worlds.

The country of Aegia. Said to have been wrought by a thousand volcanoes and geysers. The country's land is rich, made up of precious stone and minerals. Throughout this world, the country serves as the leading example of wealth and prosperity. From the outside, all one could see was a country protected by blockades and walls. It was almost a mainstream stereotype to believe that beyond the country's borders was a paradise wrought only for those who live within their walls. An exclusive eternal pleasure only awarded to those of specific blood.

Oh, how ignorant the outside masses were.

Within these walls, the country's wealthiness is much more than any could possibly comprehend. A stunning mix between middle- and extensively high-class, very few ever living in adverse poverty. The land prospered as a leading power on its native planet.

However, the people were not as joyous.

For you see, the country of Aegia is something of a Disposable Monarchy. The countries are ruled by rulers who possess the strength, dexterity, and cunning to rule over the land. A land where magic is an inborn ability.

Arcánum en Deus Ex Machina, or simply shortened to Arcánum, is the ethereal essence of all of those with magical energy. This existence transcends all understanding, all forms of comprehension. It's widely believed that the power of Arcánum is infinite. An incomprehensible force, governing all while only existing.

This is exactly what drives man to commit heinous acts of defiance. Their goal? The complete and utter desolation of Arcánum itself.

Within a Disposable Monarchy, one must murder the previous ruler. An empire wrought through the blood of war. The latest rulers, the Council of Four, have decided that usurping their rule is unacceptable. They have ordered a blockade to be built around the country, preventing all from entering or leaving the country. This is the first step in their campaign to maintain eternal control.

You play a character, trapped within the country's borders after the blockade was erected, preventing all from entering and leaving the country. As the country slowly descends into war, you all control the fate of the country itself. Will the war tear this world and all life upon it asunder, or will you be able to save it?

Will you choose to better the country? Or will you rule it with an iron fist?

All is completely up to you.
    -----------------------

Gameplay

Map

Stat Spreads

RP Rules

Character Sign-Up

Characters

For questions or clarifications, contact Yun via PM.
    Last edited by Yun; 14th October 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Arcánum (Non-Pokémon)

Posting my sign up, and resurrecting an oldie.
    -------------------
    Name: Winter Veriia
    Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance: Winter is a young woman of 5'7". She has sandy blonde hair, cropped to the base of her neck; long bangs extending to her shoulder that frame her face. Her eyes are an oceanic blue, somewhat piercing from her constant glaring. She is almost always seen with different colored shirts with bike shorts on; as she hates wearing things that will restrict her movement. Her trademark footwear are always her brown buckled boots.

Personality: Winter is a very determined and straightforward individual, focusing only on the goals she deems important. Because of her background, she is very interested in all types of firearms, having extensive knowledge of the weaponry of Aegia. She is also straight to the point and blunt to the point of rudeness. This, coupled with her somewhat negative outlook on people, give people a impression of a coldness and standoffish aloofness from her. She is very serious about camaraderie, putting her friends and loved ones before everyone. Extremely short-tempered in times of intense pressure or distress, she tends to falter when in situations where her control of herself slips.

History: As a child, Winter was a very quiet young girl. In her family, she was always taught to stay silent and speak only when spoken to. Her father was a famous Merchant of Destruction, being a Weapons Crafter; while her mother worked in her father's company. Born into a family of mercenaries, Winter's elder brother was set to take over the company upon their father's passing. He was called down to his father's lab a lot, the man set on teaching his son the art of weapons. Winter, being the second child, was not to take over the company; but merely work for it. Growing up, her mother was the only one who took interest in her; as Winter was not allowed to be anywhere near her aloof father. Her mother began teaching her various forms of magic to supplement her lack of training in weaponry. Often forgetting her birthday and many other days, her father spent the majority of his time with his son. Once Winter turned 14, her father was sent to create weapons for the Emperor of Aegia at the time. Caught by rebels, her father was killed. As she grew, Winter was taught by her brother to create and use weaponry. Their mother died when Winter was 16, leaving the entire company to her and her brother. As she grew, Winter began to perfect the magic she was taught.

Place of Birth: Viola, Zen'Tarii Island; a city located near the ocean where the navy's weaponry was being created by her father. Her father's company, "Nova Weaponry" is the most most well-known of weapon's crafting businesses.

Goals: She wants to live her life the way she wants.

Ability
    Magical Manipulation: As a result of training with magic early in her childhood, Winter is capable of molding and using magic well. Lightning is her preferred element.
    Firearms Proficiency: Winter is capable of using firearms well, the most proficient being her dual pistols.
    • Despite her proficiency at magic and firearms, Winter is a less than powerful close-range fighter; due to her only training with firearms and magic.
    • Winter is very short-tempered. When someone pushes her buttons enough, she tends to become very volatile and angry; losing control of herself.

Fighting Style: Winter is quite the utilitarian, being capable of infusing her magic into bullets as well as using them normally. She has proficiency over the use of Rune Magic, or magic elemental fields. She has a survival knife and a Gunfighter belt that she keeps around her waste.

Weapon
    Dual Pistols

Survival Knife + Belt

Strength: 15
    Defense: 20
    Magic: 20
    Speed: 25

Blog Entries

Reserve me a spot, please. Are we still using that system where every twenty points in a stat, we get a new technique?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Yun
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I am. And reserved.

Can you save me a spot and explain about the beasts in Nalian Steppe like can a beast master control them if he/she could like a normal beast or not?

Yun
    Blog Entries

@zachery;

No problem. Reserved.

As for the beasts in the Nalian Steppe, yes; a beast master can tame them. However, you must have some type of drawback with your attempts to do so. For beast masters, the Nalian Steppe is essentially a great place for them to be.
    ------------
    And @Grit;

I've decided that attempting to do a technique every 20 stats would be... overzealous. Therefore, I guess we'll have to rely on the trust system for now. But, new strong techniques will be available.
    Last edited by Yun; 14th October 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Yun
    Blog Entries

We need so more people for this. Don't be shy in joining, guys.

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

It seems so complicated to me ;-; I try to refrain from being in too much rp's at once. I tend to get a bit stressed,and whatnot,but I'll think about joining.

"Persona!"

Yun
    Blog Entries

@Chowdah;

It's... not that complicated. The stats are going to be easy to follow, you simply have to tell me when you want to apply them and such.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eeeh... Reserve me a spot please?I might actually make an effort to post this time around .

Yun
    Blog Entries

Alright, then. Reserved.