Arcánum

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcánum

Yun
    Blog Entries

Arrow Arcánum

RP Start-Up

Discussion Thread

The sun peaked over the horizon, brightening the skies with its rays. High in the air, all had thought it would herald a new day of prosperity for all. The darkness that would be brought upon the lands was nothing anyone could've ever had predicted.

A few days after the erection of the barricade, the Council ordered that the Kingdom Army be on high patrol for those whom they believed opposed their views. The day of reckoning for Aegia would come.

And as figures, each of varying backgrounds and importance tried to live their lives, they couldn't help but feel as though something was amiss... both within the Kingdom and beyond...

Characters
    Last edited by Yun; 2nd March 2012 at 01:08 AM.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Arcánum

Aymaria.... the land of safety.

Arguably one of the most heavily protected cities in the world but in Lachesis's eyes, it was nothing but a chess board.

Knock over one pawn here, pull one string there, every man had his weakness be it money or sexual desires.

And fortunately, he was in the business long enough to know which men had money, protection, or would fence stolen goods.

Sitting in an old timely clock tower Lachesis watched the world move below.

He has seen priests being framed, woman poisoned, and beggars murdered all by his hand and his eyes sparked in delight of his designs.

He pulled out a small phial, a special killing poison of his, and coated his arrow with it. It would be enough for one shot. And that was all he needed.

Peering out of a window he watched his target move among the crowds.

This was perhaps the grandest scheme he has ever committed.

He pulled back the arrow on his specialty longbow and looked down the sights.

The man strutted like a peacock down the streets.... a more perfect target could not be found.

Releasing the arrow he saw it sail in slow motion towards the man's heart.

One down, the rest of the Council to go.

Blog Entries

Eliot was wandering Aymaria. He had a mailbag slung over his shoulder, and was hurriedly looking for the intended recipient of many letters stating the gentleman was pre-approved. Reaching into his pocket, he looked at the picture. Etching it into his memory once more, he returned it to his pocket, only to see the man strutting like a peacock, right in front of him.

"Pardon me, sir, but I have some mail for you..." Eliot says, fishing around in the bag. However, when he looked back up at the man...He was at Eliot's feet, with an arrow sticking out of him.

"What." Eliot says, shocked.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

What?

There was a mailman who was inspecting the body.

No need to have loose ends and all that so he coated the next arrow with the same poison took aim.

Peering out of the clock tower he slowly started drawing a bead on the mailman's heart.

Blog Entries

Eliot recovered from the shock rather quickly, however, and began to consider protocol on the matter. There really wasn't much. The postmaster simply didn't think it would be likely that somebody would drop dead while a courier was mailing them. Perhaps it would go to whoever killed them? That seemed reasonable. Eliot examined the arrow, and calculating it's point on the man's body, he licked his finger and held it aloft, testing the wind. His eyes moved to the clock tower, and...

There was a man trying to shoot him! Why was the man trying to shoot him? Eliot wondered just this as he ran toward the clock tower so he could straighten everything out. Perhaps he wanted the mail? All the pre-approved credit cards would come in handy, Eliot supposed. Ah, well, he'd clear it up soon enough.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

The bead on the arrow followed the man as he began to advance of Lachesis's position then it dropped.

He was simply advancing too fast to take proper aim and Lachesis was not one for wasting arrows.

He leaped through the window of the clock tower falling an approximation of 20 feet before tuck and rolling on a shingle. Running across the rooftops with precision that took years to perfect he drew his long dagger that was precoated with a nonlethal but temporary paralytic poison.

He began to run towards the mail man.

Blog Entries

Eliot watched the man run at him with a knife.
    "Sir, I'd prefer you not stab me." Eliot says, as his eyes glow blue, and horns sprout from the sides of his head. "I simply must deliver mail. You can have his credit cards if you want."

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Lachesis stopped for a second.

At first his facial expression was strange and then he laughed.

"My dear chap, I am sorry to inform you that I am no interested in his mail. I will however apologize to your mail master for setting you up for your death. For I am Lachesis Lockheart, the bane of nobles. And who are you magic user?"

Yun
    Blog Entries

"Are you in Aymaria right now?" the voice asked from over the communicator.

Turning, Winter only rolled her eyes. She was sure he was monitoring her. What did he think? "Of course I am," she answered back, careful to put just enough sarcasm in her voice.

"Hey now, don't be so insolent little sister," Little sister... Hah! And she was the one doing all of the work! "Seriously, you said you would try to be civil. Aymaria is a huge place. Go straight to man whose supposed to give us our mail and be done with it. Then go-"

"I know the plan!" she snapped. "Listen Damien, stop babying me. I'm not a kid," his need to explain already coherent plans to her was unnecessary. And just plain annoying at times.

"... I know. Sorry," he stated. She didn't want to feel the guilt that slowly crept up her spine. "Just... come back safely..."

Winter nodded. She knew his surveillance could see it. "Roger. Signing off," she cut her transmission, beginning to walk farther down the path into town. This mailman held something important... what it was, she had no idea.

Blog Entries

While Lachesis was talking, Eliot launched a powerful roundhouse kick at his face, electricity sparking on his foot.

"You may call me Eliot. Eliot Nadel. Shaman, mailman." He says, as he follows up by punching at his stomach.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

The punch missed him by an inch. Eloquently doing an acrobatic stunt that came from years of experience he dodged it.

Damn magic users, always have to jump the gun.

Twirling his dagger like a baton he said "Tsk Tsk, come on lad put a bit more effort into it."

Blog Entries

"If it's all the same to you, I would prefer not to, sir. I dislike violence, and I really would just like to make sure the mail goes to whoever it's rightful owner is." Eliot says, waving the letters around for emphasis. "And avoid being stabbed. I dislike that."

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

"Fine, have it your way Eliot. I'll put the blade down." Lachesis snarled while sheathing his blade.

"Now lad, lets discuss business. You give me some coin and I'll consider you never witnessed that nasty bit of business over there." Lachesis chuckled with a wicked grin.

"I am a man of reason after all." he grinned.

Blog Entries

"Why do I have to pay you? It is usually the mail person who is paid. Besides, you fired into a crowd. I'm not the only person who saw it. Even if I did pay you, it likely would not help." Eliot says. Then his eyes widen as comprehension dawns on his face. "Wait...You are an assassin!"

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

"Because lad, money is my business. I am not merely an assassin, I am the best at what I do. You are the only one who knows the identity of the man I shot. Now, I ask you again, how much is your life worth to you? Honestly dumping bodies and bribing guards is a lot of work so lets save each other the trouble eh lad." Lachesis spoke as he drew his blade again.

Bringing the tip of the coated blade to the mans neck he barked "Speak boy."

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast