Amberstone Academy- Sign up and Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amberstone Academy- Sign up and Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Amberstone Academy- Sign up and Discussion Thread

Hello and welcome! After some odd months I have finally decided to make another RP, but not my usual kind I wanted to make an Academy as this idea had been in my head for months but I never got around to it, now I am going to see how this goes.

Welcome to the Amberstone Academy. It was an Academy founded five hundred years ago by an Ellanore Firestone, the name comes from Ellanore's best friend and one time lover who died before she did, in memory of the person she was, who wanted to teach people Ellanore named the school after her.

It stands tall and looks like an mansion more then a Academy, with dark old bricks surrounded by a beautiful garden and even a pond and swimming pool. Marble pillars reach towards the entrance, a huge dark door that one could wonder what lies behind it. In Remembrance of the original headmistress a statue of Ellanore stands out in the front entrance with her Pokemon team: Metagross, Venasaur, Crobat, Gengar, Relicanth and Umbreon. Metagross's Statue in particular can been seen throughout the entire school, and in hallways, it looks real enough as well.

The Academy is now founded Ellanore's descendant Tara Sutherland, the original owner presumed dead over five hundred years ago. Behind the castle door is array of rooms from the dining hall to the rooms, all looked like they were back in the 1800's but still looked new.

Teachers were said to be the best at this school and they do try to be the best, with different classes and events one could fall in love with Amberstone Academy. Students will also see some Pokemon that represents the late Ellanore's Pokemon including Metagross roaming around in the gardens or the halls.. And at night a Gengar can be heard laughing and making noises through the Academy, rumor is that it's the same one that once belonged to Ellanore.

Only if they knew the secrets that followed the Academy, ancient secrets that should never be uncovered but will in time. And some suggests that Tara isn't the real head of the Academy, that instead she's a hand puppet to whoever is really in charge. The Academy accepts anyone but will not allow harm to come to their students, like many schools there are rules to be followed including to never go through the door in the Headmistress's office.

Not only will the students learn but it will help Pokemon also learn as they are allowed to be in the classes watching.

The Academy's school rules are:
    All students must go to class unless asked for permission. Any found will be given a stern warning, more warnings could lead to worse.
    Don't harm another student.
    Pokemon battles are accepted, but in the Battle Arena. Personal disputes can also be battled here with Pokemon.
    Anyone found tempering or destroying or otherwise to the statues of Ellanore Firestone and her Pokemon will have serious consequences.

Never go into the door inside the Headmistress's office, what happens in there will be bad.

I hope that explains the story of the Academy well enough. Here are the rules for the RP of course, I hope enough people join as well.

Rules:
    No Godmodding o bunnying
    No bashing or flaming other members, if you have a problem with someone take it to VMs/PMs.
    Romance is allowed, not too strict but no sex scenes (Better to take that to VMs)
    Standard Bulbagarden rules apply.
    And most of all, have fun!

Name:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    History:
    Pokemon:
    Classes: (Students take most all of the classes. This is mostly for teachers and what you want yours to teach.

Classes: (These are the classes your teachers can take, not all of them may be taken depending if enough people sign up for it):

Pokemon Battling- Learn how to battle with Pokemon and use them effectively, learning different strategies to win.

Pokemon Art- Painting, sculpting and drawing Pokemon in their most greatest form, this class will also teach how to do so, and if any Pokemon is willing teach them as well.

The History and Myths of Pokemon: Combines the history of all Pokemon, discusses Urban Myths and legends about them. Discussing the way Pokemon live and how to take care of them. Also talks about the great Pokemon trainers and how they won, including Ellanore Firestone who was a champion of the Hoenn League more then five hundred years ago.

The Journey and the Path to the Pokemon League/Contests or other:
    Discusses how to start your journey to the Pokemon world, in each region and what Pokemon to look out for. Also how to stay safe, also discusses about the Pokemon League, Gym leaders, Elite 4 and the Champions.

Music- Music teaches how to sing, play different instruments and write songs. Some Pokemon can even be taught how to use the instruments and if yours is up to it, can play.

Other: This is what I got so far, if you can think of a class or have a class you would like your teacher to teacher then suggest it and I will put it up if it goes with the school.

Name: Tara Sutherland

Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Tara is both a fair yet strict Headmistress who has the final say. She will always consider both stories and will not punish until she hears it. While she has been known to give bad punishments she is also prone to giving students second chances, unlike her grandmother who had made the school hell, until she died and the Academy came into her arms. She is also a strong battler and despite being young can stand strong.

Appearance: Tara is about 5'6 tall with long light blond hair, sparkling blue eyes and tanned skin. One may say she's a barbie type but she is anything but. She normally wears simple shirts and blue jeans. She has a round shape that looks innocent but she knows when to get tough.

History: Tara's mother, Prientess Sutherland was ruthless but yet a fair headmistress teaching Tara the ropes of the Academy, she was always making sure her school was in touch and would never allow any harm to come to it. Along with her daughter she knows the secret that lies beneath the school and fought hard to keep it a secret.

Tara's father had also been a teacher at the school and the two made a couple, however they both died in a car accidentally leaving Tara at twenty three in charge of the Academy. At first she was scared as she took charge but eventually she became a very good headmistress despite being twenty six. Thanks to her parents Tara was ready as she was taught her entire life how to run the school.

She is only a single child and determined to carry on the Sutherland name. Her Lucario was from her mother and since she was a child was able to talk to Lucario, only slightly though and understand what he says, she still can't hear Pokemon talk though. The rest of her Pokemon came when she started training after the Academy and went on a Journey to fight in the Sinnoh League, she almost won but lost and her journey was short tragically due to her parents untimely death.

However Tara is not alone as an unknown presence follows her, as it has followed many of the ancestors before Tara.

Pokemon: Ariados, Galvantula, Charmeleon, Cloyster, Lucario, Torkoal

Classes: N/A, she is the Headmistress but she does do a few classes if no one else can. May change

There is a second character but I would like to have them shrouded in mystery, in time you will come to discover who they are. You may be shocked, you may have seen it coming or didn't even think of it, but Amberstone Academy may seem like others, but beneath the school lies a secret that nobody knows about.

Now let's get started! I hope enough people, or enough characters aleast will sign up too,.

Last thing, I wanted to say this RP is indeed inspired by Trebloome Academy (Sovereign's RP). I hope it becomes just as good as Trebloome (But probably not since Trebloome is much better).
    Last edited by Agent Gryphon; 14th July 2011 at 05:44 PM.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Amberstone Academy

Looks interesting.

----
    Name: Leonardo Kliesen

Personality: Leo was part of a very talented family. His father was a world-famous spelunker, while his mother is a music composer. Although Leo's father disappeared during an expedition when Leo was a child, Leo still wanted to follow in the family tradition and become a spelunker.(He thinks he still got a chance that he might found his father, alive.)
    Leo possessed a strong sense of character, thanks to a proper upbringing. Under the eagle of Leo's parka you can read 'Die Lebensspanne ist dieselbe egal ob man sie lachend oder weinend verbingt' (The lifespan is the same, whether it is spent laughing or crying), which is a Chinese wise saying. Leo got the ability to insult idiots without them knowing it, which he call his "super awesome sarcastic-ness"
    Leo is a true gentleman, he will never harm a woman, and always arrive on time whenever he is called or invited to.
    He actually born to be a leader because of his personality, but well, he doesn't wanna be one because he's a little bit lazy.
    Leo is also master chinese martial arts, but he rarely used it.

Appearance: Leo is a half German and half Chinese and is an extremely talented young man. he got a short, untidy blonde hair, a red and white parka with eagle print on the back. Under the eagle of Leo's parka you can read 'Die Lebensspanne ist dieselbe egal ob man sie lachend oder weinend verbingt' (The lifespan is the same, whether it is spent laughing or crying), which is a Chinese wise saying. He wear a jeans, and always keep a chain tied on his jeans. He also wear a finger less red and white gloves and a cool looking red scarf.
    ---
    This is his picture:

history:Life was pleasant and relatively uneventful until one fateful day, when Leo's mother was killed by an unknown assailant. Depressed and filled with grief, Leo became incensed when the police called-off their investigation quickly and without explanation. Leo vowed to find the truth.
    On a stormy night, when leo was drunk(he's still 15), a policeman accidentally bumped on him, but he force him to say sorry. That's when Leo kicked his face and balls. This, is of course made him go to prison. There, he met a man named Lars Alexanderson. He teach him how to use a chinese martial arts called Bājíquán.it is a Chinese martial art that features explosive, short range power and is famous for it's elbow strikes. The style focuses on being more direct, culminating in powerful, fast strikes that will render it's opponent unable to continue.

He got a female Arcanine named. "Eleonore." And a male Gyarados named "Miguel." Which was given by Lars to him when he went out of the jail. Now Leo live in a log cabin that he had made himself, alone, on a top of a hill just behind a cemetery.
    His only companion is Eleonore, Miguel, and a Rioulu named Jack. sometimes, some ghost pokemon went to visit him and plays with Eleonore and Jack.

Tired of his boring life, he decided to do something more interesting.
    On one lucky day, Lars was released from prison. They meet up in a restaurant, and talked. Lars told him about Amberstone academy, that makes Leo thinks its better to study than doing nothing, so he decided to join the amberstone academy.

pokemon:
    Arcanine -- Eleonore
    Gyarados -- Miguel
    Riolu -- Jack

other: he's planning to catch more pokemon later.

----
    Question: I got a chance to catch a pokemon later in the RP, right?

Blog Entries

Hm accepted! Although the headmistress may keep an eye on him due to his past, and attempt to see if he can have a better future. And yes you will able to catch a Pokemon later on or evolved. Make sure it's a nice catch or evolve (Like after battling or something).

His Arcanine's name sound sort of familiar to Ellanore, so I hope that won't get confusing for you since she will be mentioned quite a bit, especially for the current headmistress. It's fine though
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:

Blog Entries

Dude, you know I'm so there. Reserve me a spot whilst I come up with a fitting character? ;D
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Blog Entries

Hey GG no long time talk! Sure reserved, probably be up for a week or so and after the RP starts people can still sign up as well, and this will become a Discussion/RP thread.

Name: Ali Can S. (prefers the nickname AC)

Personality: Both of AC's parents work at the Mossdeep Space Center, thus they are barely ever home. What's more is that AC has a younger brother. Since his parents are rarely home, AC had to look after his brother at a very young age. This thought him to be responsible. Furthermore, it thought him to prioritize as he had sacrifice his free time and play time with his friends in order to look after his brother. He learned that duty came before fun. Moreover, since both his parents are scientists, they gave extreme importance to AC's education. Thus, AC's priority as a child was to learn about mathematics, the sciences and other classes. This resulted with AC being smarter and wiser compared to his peers. Furthermore, all the studying and his perseverance to keep on studying made him extremely determined. This intelligence and wisdom made him someone who everyone looked up to and came to for advice. He became doubly venerable with his radiating smile. He wanted to reciprocate the love he received from his friends, thus he became extremely generous. All in all, he turned into a leader among his peers. However, like every leader, AC also has tragic flaws. First, he still has a cry-baby streak. He sometimes cries when something doesn't go his way. Sometimes he becomes extremely angry and loses his reasoning skills. He starts to yell and can't calm down. His rage is best compared to volcano erupting, however this rage is quite rare.

Appearance: AC is 190 cm (which is about 6'2'') and weighs around 82 kg (approximately 180.7 lbs). He has messy, medium length hair. His hair is pitch-black and his hair is quite bushy. His irises are also pitch-black. He does not have any facial hair nor does he want any. His body has a high fat ratio and low muscle ratio. He is not that well-built, but due to his height he does seem thin compared to his actual weight. The majority of his fat is around his thighs.

As for his clothing the following can be said: It is a black suit. It consists of a black top hat with a white stripe, a black blouse and grey tie, a black tux and black pants with black dress shoes. Though it may seem uncomfortable, it is AC's favorite outfit and he finds it suitable for mystery hunting.

History: AC hails from Mossdeep City of Hoenn. His parents are scientists at the Space Center. Thus, he spent his childhood surrounded by all sorts of books. He developed a strong and wandering mind. He read all the books his father had to offer and his favorites were about the Pokemon myths. Thus, on his tenth birthday, his father got him a Ralts and with that Ralts he decided to embark on his journey to research about these myths. This brought him to Amberstone Academy. The history that comes with Amberstone Academy lured AC to enroll.

Pokemon: Valor the Gallade, Sky Blue the Taillow (Male), Black the Braviary
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Acs- Accepted!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    Hm accepted! Although the headmistress may keep an eye on him due to his past, and attempt to see if he can have a better future. And yes you will able to catch a Pokemon later on or evolved. Make sure it's a nice catch or evolve (Like after battling or something).

His Arcanine's name sound sort of familiar to Ellanore, so I hope that won't get confusing for you since she will be mentioned quite a bit, especially for the current headmistress. It's fine though
    yes, I'll try my best.

actually, Eleonore is the name of my in game Arcanine xD.
    If you don't like it, I could change it, thought.

Blog Entries

Well don't have him completely change in an hour lol unless that's the direction you want. And it's fine, as long as you don't think it will be confusing (Probably won't because I am sure they are pronounced differently)

Blog Entries

yes, I'll try my best.

Blog Entries

yes, I'll try my best.

Blog Entries

yes, I'll try my best.

Blog Entries

Uh Led why are you posting the same message over and over even after I replied to it? Or is it a glitch on my side?

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Reserve me a spot please.

Blog Entries

Yep sure thing Endeavor.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast