The Amazing Anachronistic Nemesis

Thread: The Amazing Anachronistic Nemesis

Blog Entries

Default The Amazing Anachronistic Nemesis

Plot: In the year AD 2011, war was beginning. A long search had finally ended. The Anachronic Empire had arrived. Humanity had discovered the power of Remembrance. Through meditation, humans can mentally reach back in time, receiving the talents of masters of long dead arts. Leonardo Da Vinci had been awakened, as had Einstein, and Lancelot. Mankind had the power of lost knowledge at it's side, and the Empire feared it, for that is the only thing capable of destroying them. Gigantic swords rained from the sky, spewing fire and lightning. Only a chosen few, with great potential for the power of remembrance, survived. These few are known as Rememberers, and have risen from the ashes, to take back the Earth.

Gameplay

Rules

Name:
    Skills:
    Posessions: Anything from a weapon to a favorite stuffed animal.
    Appearance: Three to five sentences, or a picture.
    History: Three to five sentences.
    Personality: Once again, three to five sentences.
    Other:

Name: Eliot Nadel

Class: Artisan

Skills:
    Craft(Extraterrestrial Communication) 4 Ranks
    Technology (Medical): 1 Rank.
    Technology(Anachronism): 2 ranks.

Appearance: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091221003537/gurennlagann/images/7/74/Firstsimon.jpg
    Clothing: He wears a blue leather jacket, denim jeans, and sneakers.

Posessions: A small suitcase he carries medical supplies in.

History: Up until the blast, he was a fairly normal gamer with aspirations to become a doctor, aside from a fascination with extraterrestrial life. He wanted more than anything else to get a glimpse of their technology, and at the age of sixteen, he was hit with a burst of inspiration, and built a machine for contact with aliens. To his surprise, it worked, and in the months between then and earths invasion, he intercepted much of their transmissions, and even managed to translate a little. When the invaded, he felt extreme guilt, and proceeded to fight the Anachronisms the only way he knew how: Healing other rememberers, and learning to turn their tech against them. Thus, while not very useful in a fight, he knows a lot more about the Anachronisms than most humans, and is also fairly good at first aid.

Personality: Eliot was once pretty laid back, cracking jokes, but the invasion did quite a number on him. While still fairly timid, he's easily startled, and hides at the first sign of trouble. When he first found an Anachronism transmission, he felt a kinship with them: All sixteen years of his life had peaked at that moment, and the invasion made the fall from that peak all the greater. He felt betrayed, and while angry, at heart, he's scared of another such loss, and now considers the Anachronisms as a whole his Nemesis.

Other: None.

Characters
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 3rd November 2010 at 10:40 PM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Formerly Little_Dragoness Chrona's Avatar

Default Re: The Amazing Anachronistic Nemesis

Name: Garen Choat

Class: Psion

Skills:
    Physics: (Biokinesis) 3 Ranks
    Psychokinesis: (Manipulation of electricity) 2 Ranks
    Psychokinesis: (Manpulation of sound) 2 Ranks

Posessions: A crystal pendant on his necklace; His cousin gave it to him before the invasion, and he believes it is good luck.

Appearance: Garen is very tall, standing at 6'3, and has naturally platinum blonde, wavy hair that falls past the small of his back. He has dark green eyes, and a slight tan. He has a slim, almost feminine build, and his clothing choices reflect his experiences and how they affected him. His normal outfit is a loose, deep green shirt paired with black jeans. He wears a dark blue jacket and hat; his shoes are the only remaining part of his once-colorful ensemble, being solid orange.

History: Garen was a normal teenager, he was in Track, he loved reading and music, and even spent time with his family. He had a younger cousin; she was practically his little sister, and he couldn't have been happier. Then the invasion struck. He somehow survived the horrific experience, but none of his family did. His friends were gone, too, as far as he knew, and his goal became clear: Payback. Lots of it.

Personality: Garen is very passionate about music, art, and running. He is very hard to anger or upset, except when his friends (or home, either or, really) are threatened. He tends to be overdramatic about...everything, claiming "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing". This philosophy applies to everything in his world, including emotions. The invasion didn't change this very much, but he is now extra sensitive to and protective of the others around him.

In a fight he becomes much different; calm, calculating, and merciless toward anything that means his fellow Rememberers harm. He puts a lot of effort into every strike against the aliens, as if it was meant to be the death blow. His being in track for so long strengthened his body, improving his speed and stamina. He has very basic knowledge of medicine, but will take orders loyally if he believes it will benefit the team.

Other: He plans to take down the Nemisis, and to protect his teammates as best as he can.
    Last edited by Chrona; 3rd November 2010 at 08:11 PM.
    I don't know how to deal with you reading my signature...

You know you want to know what they're for.

Chyenne Mountain, Awaiting the Approaching Apocalypse
    Blog Entries

Best. RP idea. Ever. Hands down. Please reserve me a spot for like, 24 hours, as currently I must go face my nemisis: school. Thanks!
    Rattata: The Cannon Fodder Pokemon
    Pesticide companies continue to work diligently to develop a poison to exterminate the species and its extraordinary uselessness once and for all.

-From Faulty Logic

Blog Entries

LD: Accepted, on one condition: Psion skills must have a subskill, such as Telekinesis for Physics, or Pyrokinesis for Psychokinesis.

Veteranarian: Reserved.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 3rd November 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Edited! Is that better?

Blog Entries

One last thing: You need to put PSychokinesis before both of them, unless by "Manipulation of sound" you mean making people think they hear things. That would require manipulation of body chemistry, and while it would take ten ranks or so before you could create much more than simple chimes and whatnot, it would fall under physics.

Okay, I think I have it now, sorry! ^^;

Blog Entries

Okay, accepted. Keep in mind that it takes about four to six ranks to make specific sounds, depending on the complexity of the sound. You can make generic chimes and stuff, and loud roars, but as a rule, audiokinesis is fairly imprecise. Remember that, and you're good to go!

Blog Entries

Name: Sam Bradford
    Class: Artisan
    Skills:

Craft(Ballistics and Rocketry) 2 rank
    Craft(Explosives) 2 ranks
    Technology(Physics) 1 rank
    Technolgy(Chemistry) 2 ranks

Posessions: A ratty labcoat he wears at all times.

Appearance: Sam is six foot-three inches and rather lean. He has gray, dead eyes and brown hair. He has a scar down his lower left leg, a result of shrapnel. Besides his labcoat, he wears tan slacks, and brown shoes.
    History: Sam was a collage student at MiT, majoring in weapons design, when the invastion began. The student lab was bombed, and his girlfriend, another student, whom he had asked to be there that day, bled out in his arms. Ever sine he has been somewhat of a hollow shell: performing duties to aid others no matter the cost or the risk to himself.

Personality: Quiet, intense, and unnerving, Sam does whatever is necessary to help others. He dislikes direct combat, prefering to stay back and aid in fights indirectly. He has a cold disposition, and can seem cruel, when in reality he is just brutally pragmatic.

Other: He sees the Anachronistic not as a nemesis, but as simply a problem, to be avoided if possible or just simply survived. He blames himself, rather then them, for the death of his girlfriend.
    Pesticide companies continue to work diligently to develop a poison to exterminate the species and its extraordinary uselessness once and for all.

-From Faulty Logic

Blog Entries

Accepted, but out of curiosity, what do you mean by Technology(Physics)? Like, knowledge of physics, or like how it's applied to machines, or what?

Blog Entries

General knowledge of physics and how they are applied. Since physics is imperative to ballistics design and use, i figured i'd better add that. And if we ever go into space on an anachronistic ship, physics are imperative on how to operate in zero g.

-From Faulty Logic