Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Story of Yewer

Blog Entries

Default The Story of Yewer

Start Up Here

"You cannot be who you are not. Regardless of how elaborate the lie you merely reveal another truth about yourself."

A personal belief is that the imagination is a gateway to the real you. You may try to create a character unlike yourself, but such a character is just you behind a mask of your own design. The goal of Yewer is to challenge yourself and other writers. Yewer is a dangerous place that can put YOU into the story and even your favorite characters from other RPs. Can you survive this hostile land? Will you form alliances with others or perhaps unite with characters of your own creation? Can you solve the mistery that brought you to this land? Should you choose to be a Native can you put aside the Predator/Prey relationship in order to purge the Foreign presence from your land? Will you give in to the hate or will you look past nature and apply logic to find the meaning to this rage?

NOTE: You do not need to await acceptance upon character creation. This sign up post is merely for future reference and updating your individual characters key statistics. Though Foreigners were pulled away from their worlds at the same time they were delivered to Yewer at different time intervals, so feel free to jump into the story whenever you like. You can even create a Foreigner that has lived within this land for years.
    Each writer brings to the table something different. For example, I tend to make long posts, so I like to title them for relivence. I also like to tag in inspirational songs to better set the mood and begin/end every post with OOC narrative or commentary. Sometimes I see something I've written that may seem a bit vague, so I'll go back and clarify through the OOC what I was trying to achieve with the subject. In short, make this story your own. The other writers and readers alike will appreciate the liveliness you bring to the story and can get a better understanding of your personality and where you may be heading with your character development.

~The Story of Yewer~

Ground Rules

Character Creation

Foreigners - Humans and RP Pokemon
    (Beings pulled from another world through random portals.)

Natives - Yewer Born Pokemon
    (Pokemon born upon Yewer that have a natural, rage driven hatered toward the Foreign presence.)

Special - Unique Classes
    (Classes which fall into a branching category. These classes may be played as from the beginning (if your character has lived in this land for years before being officially introduced to the story) or expanded into within the story content.)

I'll add my first character here as an example and post the Start Ups soon. As a reminder, these Sign Ups are merely to keep track of your characters. "Acceptance" is not required nor will be offered, so jump into the story whenever you like. Should you add more characters edit your post here with the additional characters information.
    Last edited by PiccoloX; 2nd June 2014 at 03:01 PM.
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: The Story of Yewer
    SoY Signups: HERE

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Story of Yewer

Name: U'sung (Main Character)

Species: Infernape (Savanna-Emberless)

Faction: Native

Physical Appearance: A Savanna breed, U'sungs fur is a lighter shade of blonde. However, an apearant greenish pigment stands out, giving her fur something of a neon coloration. The skin revealed on her face and hands is a light tan. When taking an aggressive stance her fur stands on end, the greenish pigment fading to reveal the full blonde coloration of her fur. Due to being so far from a volcanic region the embers which ignite her body have died down to nothing. Her eyes are an olive green and her voice has a somewhat deep pitch to it.

History: U'sung was born and raised in the savanna. Due to spending most of their time on the ground her tribe of several different ape-like Pokemon have adapted to using crude weapons, spears and bows as well as an assortment of simple tools and medicines to survive and hunt.

Bonus Information: The distance from her species native volcanic region has effected her kinds coloration and temperament. Though she can ignite in the presence of extreme heat her temper remains much calmer than other kind within her species. Still, she can become highly aggressive and is prone to instinct like many other ape-like Pokemon. U'sung travels light, usually with a bow and sharpened staff, using them to fend off predators and sometimes to kill prey when meat is needed. She keeps a tightly bound rope sashed across her chest that holds various small leaf pouches as well as binding a quiver of arrows to her back. She would rather rely on stealth but is fierce in melee combat as well. Unlike most ape-like Pokemon her speech is clear and precise, showing that her tribe most likely relies on silence more than situational calls.

Extra: U'sung is actually a character from a non-Pokemon story I'm developing. She is named after Sun Wu-k'ung, the 'Monkey King' from the tale 'Journey To The West'. The pigment change in her fur is also a homage to the Saiyan in the Dragonball series, which is also based off the tale 'Journey To The West' as well as identifying her as the "Golden Monkey" or "treasure" of the story.

I decided to use this character to get a better idea of how her personality traits reflect her decisions in an ever changing story arch.

--------------------------------------------

Name: Ti-Ron (Extra Character)

Species: Darmanitan

Physical Appearance: An old Darmanitan, the bright red coloration of Ti-Rons fur has faded to white over the years. His shaggy coat conceals the strength still appearant below. He is usually adorened with a necklace of flowers and a crown of dried herbs. When awakened from his ever watching Zen Mode the crown of herbs give off a burning fragrance that the dwendeling tribe still reveres as a sign of importance.

History: Ti-Ron is an old Darmanitan, the only one within the tribe of ape-like Pokemon whome he refers to as family. Much of his life has been a prolonged state of Zen Mode and is watched over by others of his tribe until his wisdom is needed. He also enjoys being awoken during times of prosperity to attend feasts, but has lately watched in despair as his tribe has grown smaller.

Bonus Information: While in Zen Mode Ti-Ron is in constant communication with the land. Though he can't actually "see" what is happening he remains aware of changes in the climate. He fears the encroachment of distant corruption though he doesn't know what it actually is.

Due to his tie with the land he is aware of Foreigners. Since he is not actually around them he is able to watch unhindered by the rage of their presence, but would still be prone to the effects should his physical body be near them. He is aware of the effect they have on Natives and sometimes calls out to his distant tribe should they near a Foreigner or a Corrupted. Though this call is not verbal his tribe is aware of it and heed their instincts.

--------------------------------------------

[Spot for future characters]
    Last edited by PiccoloX; 26th May 2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

Pokemon Literator lucarioknight56's Avatar

Time for me to join. Mind you, until my RP, A World Without Legends is finished, my characters will not be here to play yet. My Foreigner has a different reason for coming into Yewer. In fact, right now, I will only make my Native character.

Name: T' Kran

Species: Zoroark (Forest-Mosskind)

Physical Appearance: T' Kran is of the clan of Zoroarks that hunt by staying completely still. When the target comes close enough to their bait, they strike with their special darts to poison the prey. With this, their bodies adapted to where they were covered in moss. But besides this, the grey fur of his ancestry was exchanged with a light brown, and the black, a darker brown. The red fur a part of his tail was a dark green, with the blue ring exchanged for a bark ring covered in moss.

History: As others before him, he was born and raised in the forest, and nowhere else. His kind cannot survive elsewhere, save the few who have figured the ways of camouflage elsewhere. Besides this, after his encounter with the strange Foreigner, he has an urge to assist for some exchange reason. But he is wary, and is always ready to kill this intruder if T'Kran is discovered. But, this intruder might make this world safer than it is now. For this reason, he is much different from other Natives, who would kill on the spot.

Bonus Information: He is a so-so ally to the foreigner, as he is ready to kill him whenever necessary. But besides this, he is a very carful character, never willing to take risks unless it can meet his goals. And the forests were the safest place for him. Sure, there are the few Zoroarks in the world who have mastered the technique of artificial camouflage. T'Kran hopes to someday meet one of these special Pokémon and learn their secrets.

Extra: I hope that T' Kran is A-Okay for use. He is an ally to my Foreigner, only relatively however. He is ready to kill the Foreigner whenever necessary, and will not help him unless it endangers T' Kran.

The Foreigner will come soon. And PiccoloX, it is good to role play again.

Blog Entries

Like the character design. Seems like a tactic a real world animal may adopt through ingenuity and surroundings with Zoroark being camouflage experts.

The instinctual hatred that the natives have toward foreigners varies. As stated before, if the foreigner was a Pokemon from another world (such as a character from another RP) then the hatred isn't as intense. However, if the foreigner was a human there can be no peace. It's not a matter of will or intelligence, it is a hatred driven by a force so misunderstood by the feral natives that the smarter of the species can only justify their actions as "natural". Those who have experienced the rage may find a way to cope through long distance communication, as just "knowing" someone is a foreigner won't incite the rage, but at the same time those who have experienced the rage may accept the hatred and dislike foreigners regardless.

What happens is that the Native becomes agitated and quickly shifts to a full on rage around any Hu-Mon and they don't snap out of it until the Hu-Mon either runs far enough away or is killed. The Native doesn't need to see, hear or smell the Hu-Mon, just be close to them. The Hu-Mon can try hiding and the Native may wonder far enough away in search to snap out of it.

All will be explained as the story progresses and it's relatively easy to avoid Native/Foreign conflict (just don't write about it), but such a conflict does offer room for varying story archs that individual writers can work on while leading toward a collaboration.

Other than what was stated in the ground rules I have no intention of saying "no" to anything. This is a world of conflict intended to bring out the best in the writers by adding moral and ethical decisions that may put the writer on the spot.
    Last edited by PiccoloX; 26th May 2014 at 02:58 AM.
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

Thanks Piccolo. It is good to see that you don't want to stop anyone from joining. I will make my next character soon, who will be one you would be familiar with.

And now, for the Foreigner.

Name: Conner

Species: Lucario

Faction: Foreigner

Physical Appearance: Conner is a standard Lucario, like the ones you would see in the games. But, his fur is ragged from his recent trip from the vortex he came in, and he has a battered scarf which he wears. In terms of other Physical Properties, he has a black tip on the end of his tail.

History: Conner was of the Foran region, which was recently destroyed by a being called Tregrenos. But, now there is a new region in order, and Conner left to come see what has become of Meloetta, the Pokémon of Song and Dance. Conner willingly went into a vortex that was sucking in inhabitants of regions and worlds, and is not sure where to go. With help, he might fulfill his quest. But is there help in this strange land?

Bonus Information: Conner is used to seeing strange things, so he wouldn't be surprised to see the Torments again, or the Natives for that matter. And because of his Aura abilities, he can detect many things around him. Conner cannot be easily surprised because of this. But T' Kran and the Zoroarks have even mastered a special technique of hiding one's Aura. Because of this, Conner is in great danger in the forest he appears in. Conner would also prefer to not eat meat, and rely on the vegetation around the world. But if he has to eat the meat of a Native, so he shall.

Extra: If you want the full story behind Conner, look at the link in the first post of the Start-Ups.

(Another side-item. Conner can remain in contact with the Foran region thanks to a special communicator he received from a friend named Historius. I am sure Natives wil be surprised to hear a voice come from a device like this, and will think Conner is a devil of some sort. But T' Kran listens, and does not believe such. I hope this is okay.)

Later today, I will start his story.

Blog Entries

I don't think there's ever been an unfunny moment in a story where a character unfamiliar with techknowledgey finds a radio. Sure, things may get serious later, but the first time the magic box talks is classic. :3

The first thing I pictured with your idea is that scene from Zoolander. "The files are in the computer!" as the two runway models try to physically open the computer to get the files because they don't know how a computer works.

Edit: Here's The Clip I was rolling when the 'Space Odyssey' theme started playing. :'D
    Last edited by PiccoloX; 28th May 2014 at 06:44 AM.
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

I thought it was funny as well! Even if a character is just listening to it is utterly confused by it. I think we can make some more funny-stuff with this idea.

Blog Entries

Name: 'B' (Main Character)

Species: Bunnelby

Faction: Hu-Mon

Physical Appearance: Scruffy and usually covered in dirt, what sets this Bunnelby apart is the distinctive wound on his severed right ear. The cut is clean, but is edged with aged scars and burn marks. The wound had probably been cauterized to prevent blood loss and infection.

History: 'B' has survived this land for over three years now. He can barely remember the 'real world'. He thinks his name once began with a 'B', so the other Hu-Mon he traveled with earlier would just call him 'B'. They are gone now, killed or scattered, leaving 'B' to survive on his own for most of the time spent in this land.

Bonus Information: Even in a group this Hu-Mon tends to not stand out. His timid nature and quietness seem to be what you'd expect from a bunny and aside from his severed ear he has no discernible features that would make him stand out among other Bunnelby. Still, his time spent alone has honed his survival instinct and he can remain focused under pressure.
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

Blog Entries

Name: "The Beast" (Shade)

Species: Smeargle (Corrupted)

Faction: It is a single force of destruction affiliated with no one. The Natives who have seen it know that whatever it is it isn't from this world. It's not the same feeling they get from Foreigners, but a state of anxiety similar to the feel of a Foreigner coupled with a profound fear of the monstrosity. Though Foreigners do not sense this being in the same way it clearly poses equal threat to them.

Physical Appearance: Unidentifiable due to the severity of the corruption. It sometimes appears as an amorphous blob of pitch black tendrils but may alter its shape depending on its location, wether it be on land, under water or even soaring through the sky.

*** The Beast has a base form that is canine in appearance. It's vine-like body weaves tightly, appearing more solid, and it's face seems skeletal. The sockets where eyes would normally be sink in, it's nose is gone in place of a bony crevice and it's lipless mouth reveals its sharp teeth. It cannot speak, for it has no tongue. While in its base form it has a single golden eye upon it's forehead that isn't present when it shifts forms.

History: Once a Smeargle from Foran known as Tsaikogen. He was the first being to become corrupted by the late "Missing One". (MissingNO.)

The Beasts shifting ability is due to it having once been a Smeargle with the ability Transform. Tsaikogen, like all Smeargle, could see others from a different perspective, beyond the skin and spirit to the true self. However, what he saw was caged within, a prison built by belief in the legendaries of Foran. When he saw the cages opening he realized it was because of the legendaries absence and sought to make sure the legendaries wouldn't return. In his journey he found new purpose and when all he had to do to insure the legendary birds were destroyed is to simply walk away he found himself unable and instead saved them from being turned into Torments.

Bonus Information: Beings with a tie to the psychic, spiritual or ghostly realms can pier into the beasts mind, but only when it is not in its base form. Something about the clarity of its golden eye blocks out such attempts. When shifted its weakened mind is susceptible to mental attacks, but doing so may draw out its base form as well as the possibility of driving the attacker mad in the process.

This is a true monster, hunting down anything and everything. It's drawn to strong opponents and has even hunted Torments. How it looks when met may be altered between story inserts. Unlike other corrupted beings this creature can spawn Corruption Nodes, which seed themselves into the land and corrupt it. It doesn't seem to do this often though and any corrupted land risks anyone with prolonged exposure to becoming corrupted themselves.

Oddly enough, Torments avoid corrupted land and Foreigners may find its repelling boarders safer than a location where Natives roam.
    Last edited by PiccoloX; 29th July 2014 at 03:51 AM.
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

Blog Entries

Update: The beast has been revealed and released upon the land of Yewer as a freely controlled character.
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

Before I send out my next post, I just have a question. I know this is a story for the writers to design, but this has to do with the history you gave. Would it be possible for a native to escape Yewer? You know, like the natives of other regions are dragged into Yewer, can't there be a involuntary or voluntary way into other regions? Just a thought.

Blog Entries

I haven't roleplayed on here in forever, in fact I just came back to this website after months of absence, but this roleplay actually looks really promising considering all the ones that were here last time I was on. Especially considering that it seems extremely complicated, but strangely simple at the same time. That being said, I deeply apologize if I get confused or if I unintentionally mess up the lore and such. Alright, so let's try this out...

Name: Eris

Species: Absol

Faction: Foreigner/Shade

Physical Appearance: As expected, Eris looks almost exactly the same as any other absol would. As far as genetic traits go, the only slight difference is that her eye color is slightly lighter than most, making it appear rose red instead of ruby red. With non-genetic traits, she has received several small injuries that from a distance aren't visible, but at a close range one is able to see some smaller and light scars around her legs.

History: Eris was born in the Unova region, in an isolated home in the north, known as the Great Chasm by many. However, this seems to be all she remembers of her previous life, as she has been living in Yewer for an uncounted amount of years. While it is unknown how long she has been there, it is known that she hasn't been there so long, as she is still relatively young. Yet, she has remained long enough to have a reputation among a few natives. Ever since her arrival, Eris has done her best to remain isolated from the native Pokemon, although she sometimes fails in doing this. The reason is because of her disaster-sensing instincts, which generally force her out of hiding to investigate the danger. As a result of appearing at almost every conflict, some of the natives have come to the false conclusion that she is the one causing these problems, when in reality she is just a bystander.

Bonus Information: Eris is actually rather weak health-wise. This is due to the fact that she is a predator, but she tries to refrain from eating others, so she does her best to try to eat plants even though they have no nutritional value to her. Though most of the time, she tries to do a compromise by eating a combination of flesh and plant, better known as Grass-type Pokemon, which keeps up her strength for the most part. And even then, there are special occasions where she hunts Pokemon that are just pure flesh.

Oh, and by the way, I know that it says I don't have to be confirmed to join, but I think it would be better if I wait for someone to reply to this, because it would just be awkward if I jumped into the roleplay at this very second.
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioknight56 View Post
    Before I send out my next post, I just have a question. I know this is a story for the writers to design, but this has to do with the history you gave. Would it be possible for a native to escape Yewer? You know, like the natives of other regions are dragged into Yewer, can't there be a involuntary or voluntary way into other regions? Just a thought.
    I've set a few base rules, things subject to change over time as the story evolves. Perhaps the same portals that pulled beings to this world can also pull them from it as well? Perhaps these Yewer natives who were pulled away somehow retain an instinctual tie to their homeland and may anticipate or possibly even artificially create a portal to return them home?

There are no wrong answers so long as you feel the answer is justifiable.
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyFace View Post
    Especially considering that it seems extremely complicated, but strangely simple at the same time.
    The story was intended to be very open-ended. For every character there may be a separate story taking place in this dangerous land. The point is to evolve with the story, to challenge yourself and other writers. To grow emotionally with your creations, even putting yourself into the story should you desire. Yewer is a world between worlds, a nexus that ties separate realities together.

The ultimate goal, to discover the secrets held within Yewer, to survive and to possibly find a way back home. Will you be a hero, villain or victim? You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyFace View Post
    Oh, and by the way, I know that it says I don't have to be confirmed to join, but I think it would be better if I wait for someone to reply to this, because it would just be awkward if I jumped into the roleplay at this very second.
    Surprise additions to the story are meant to be encouraged. So long as you understand the trials set before your chosen faction there are no wrong choices.

If you seek to get your feet wet by heading into a main story arch then the small band of Foreigners that 'B' is being brought to meet will promise to be quite eventual within a very short time and lead into the upcoming second chapter.

Location: I've not described the location of the small Foreigner camp. Should you decide to be a part of this group and post before I do you may decide what kind of conditions they are in. This is just part of the creative freedom and challenge available should you accept it.
    Last edited by PiccoloX; 19th September 2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast