Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting. - Page 39

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting.

Good, because you lost.

You also lost...

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyway hopefully my new RP works out.

It is hard in that people have so many interests :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Flash View Post
    Anyway hopefully my new RP works out.

It is hard in that people have so many interests :P
    Jeez, who plugs their RPs in the chat thread?

Speaking of, I hope my new RPs work out.

Oh also dudette I thought your were Scarlet Enchantress and I'm all like dude wtf since when is she a comic book person but then I was all like oh dude it's not her it's some other dudette hahaha

Did I wilkommen you? I'd check but I'm fat and lazy and not very smart either.

Speaking of, anyone here play any MMOs? I like AQworlds sometimes. My dude looks like Dante from Devil May Cry. I've also been meaning to get back into Runescape if I can get it to work on my computer...

DUDESDUDESDUDES we should like find an MMO we all play and like start a guild and get like phat lewt.

DUDES anyone up for a Devil May Cry or Disgaea RP?
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 20th September 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah...ha?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    DUDES anyone up for a Devil May Cry or Disgaea RP?
    I keep meaning to check out DMC... is it any good? Didn't they recently reboot the franchise...?

Blog Entries

From what I've heard, the reboot sucks. I only have 1, but yeah, it kicks ass. It's hard, but in a good way. Like, the first boss took me an hour to beat. But after I beat him the first time, he was a piece of cake.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Ah, yes... I remember when video games used to be challenging. Sucks that games are designed to be easy now.

The original Tomb Raider, for instance, or Morrowind; those were the days.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

All I shall say is up it.

(UP-MAN!!!!!)

Blog Entries

Bayonetta's pretty challenging, and it's new. Also No More Heroes. On normal mode it's not particularly hard, but it's not easy. Hard mode is pretty tough, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    Bayonetta's pretty challenging, and it's new. Also No More Heroes. On normal mode it's not particularly hard, but it's not easy. Hard mode is pretty tough, though.
    I hate "modes." They hardly ever significantly vary the gameplay, usually just adjusting hit points and other variables. Not really the same as a game actually designed to be challenging in the first place.

Basically, I like games that drop you in a massive, complex environment and leave you to figure out the path forward on your own. I really think the "Destination Marker" is one of the worst "innovations" introduced to gaming. I miss the sense of discovery and accomplishment that comes from spending seven hours in a single level, exploring every nook and cranny before finally figuring out that you need to insert the nondescript (not glowing look-at-me) artifact into the mouth of the seventeenth totem pole on the left side of the North corridor in order to open the trap door into the lower level to progress.

Blog Entries

Naw, Bayonetta and No More Heroes don't do that. They actually give enemies better AI and tactics. I think some attacks might do more damage, but most of the difficulty comes from opponents being more aggressive. Plus, if you like older games, No More Heroes has like a million allusions to 'em. Also, it does feature some exploration. Bayonetta does too, although it's more confined to the individual levels than one big world.

Anyway, I like those games, but I don't know of any particularly difficult sandbox games. Someone should make one. I like Spiderman 2 a lot, and Bully is a ton of fun, and it's premise is less alienating than one might think. And The Magic of Scheherazade is probably the oldest sandbox game there is. Ever play Yume Nikki? It's like if someone who had only ever had a video games described to them decided to make one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Ah, yes... I remember when video games used to be challenging. Sucks that games are designed to be easy now.

Yeah, Pong was so challenging, I remember taking hours to figure out that you have to actually move the stick up and down to get your rectangle to reflect a square to ANOTHER rectangle.
    My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don't get it, I can't do it.
    -Morgan Freeman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smaug85 View Post

Yeah, Pong was so challenging, I remember taking hours to figure out that you have to actually move the stick up and down to get your rectangle to reflect a square to ANOTHER rectangle.
    "I remember when," doesn't suggest, or imply, that ALL videogames made from the dawn of gaming until 1997 were challenging. Especially since I provided two examples, by name, to clarify the period of gaming I was referring to.

It's virtually undisputed that games have been dumbed down in recent years to appeal to a broader, less "devoted" audience. There are occasionally exceptions, but that does nothing to alter the fact that such pleasant surprises were once the norm.

Blog Entries

"I remember when," doesn't suggest, or imply, that ALL videogames made from the dawn of gaming until 1997 were challenging. Especially since I provided two examples, by name, to clarify the period of gaming I was referring to.

It's virtually undisputed that games have been dumbed down in recent years to appeal to a broader, less "devoted" audience. There are occasionally exceptions, but that does nothing to alter the fact that such pleasant surprises were once the norm.
    It's a joke *facepalm*
    My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don't get it, I can't do it.
    -Morgan Freeman

Blog Entries

It's a joke *facepalm*
    My apologies, I've been spending too much time in the Campaign Bus.

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast