Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting. - Page 37

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting.

See, complicated matters like this are why I don't have a girlfriend (not because I'm a nerd with zero social skills or anything).

As for the gun, I live in the UK, so I can't own one. But I guess I'm glad about that because nobody else who wants me dead can have one either.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plumbum View Post
    As for the gun, I live in the UK, so I can't own one. But I guess I'm glad about that because nobody else who wants me dead can have one either.
    *Braces himself before risking a political discussion*

Italy-kun likes this.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

My family owns handguns. I know, living in an incrediblly liberal state... It's shocking I guess.

But with that ownership comes responsibility. A gun safe. Keeping your guns locked. In the case of my father, teaching myself, my mum and my older sister how to handle a firearm safely.

As for me, after college I plan on getting a concealed carry permit. It's a safety blanket that I can only hope I never need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

My family lacks guns except for my uncle Ken and I think some of my cousins. I intend to use a sword when I hunt my bears.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

I hunt with a club and a slingshot, in honor of my ancestors.

Blog Entries

A club? Do you listen to "What is Love" while you hunt?

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    A club? Do you listen to "What is Love" while you hunt?
    No, I listen exclusively to One Direction whilst hunting.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

No guns for me, thank you very much. Or shooter games. I have a bow, though, but no arrows yet.

I wonder if you need a permit to have a bow and quiver in public.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Yun
    Blog Entries

What's minecraft like, anyways? It won't work on my computer. I hear it's like Dwarf Fortress?
    Dwarf Fortress meets rape in block format.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yun View Post
    Dwarf Fortress is already pretty blocky, and a guy modded his game so he could have his dude rape people, so it doesn't sound that great.

By the way, I just got back from my friendly local vidya store. I bought Final Fantasy VIII, Chrono Cross, and Castle of Shikigami 3. Guess which I'm gonna play first.

Hints:
    I've played Final Fantasys 1-6, and 13, although I didn't like 13 much. I also bought the strategy guide, which was pretty cheap and I got the impression the cute cashier chick would get fired if I didn't buy it.
    I've also played Chrono Trigger, and I've already played Cross at a friend's house, like, seven years ago.
    While I've never played any of the Castle of Shikigami games, I love side-scrolling shooters, and I've always wanted to play it.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Dwarf Fortress is already pretty blocky, and a guy modded his game so he could have his dude rape people, so it doesn't sound that great.

By the way, I just got back from my friendly local vidya store. I bought Final Fantasy VIII, Chrono Cross, and Castle of Shikigami 3. Guess which I'm gonna play first.

Hints:
    I've played Final Fantasys 1-6, and 13, although I didn't like 13 much. I also bought the strategy guide, which was pretty cheap and I got the impression the cute cashier chick would get fired if I didn't buy it.
    I've also played Chrono Trigger, and I've already played Cross at a friend's house, like, seven years ago.
    While I've never played any of the Castle of Shikigami games, I love side-scrolling shooters, and I've always wanted to play it.
    FF8 will always be awesome. And wow, am I the only person who fell in love with FF13?

Blog Entries

Have you actually played the earlier ones? It's...Mediocre. But mediocre simply won't cut it for a Final Fantasy game. Although Lightning is the new Samus, or at least if her characterization in Other M remains.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Yes, I have played the other ones. No, I don't care about linearity or all that jazz :P Frankly, the battle systems were shoddy and the graphics were sub-par until 13 came out. Not only were the graphics pushed to a whole new league, but the battles were intense. Immersible. Now that I've played 13, I can say that the previous systems were basically glorified Pokemon battles.

People don't like the story of 13. I do, because it makes sense once you play 13-2. The game introduced a system and situation where you can't get your character up to Level 99 in less than five minutes. It wasn't 13's linearity that made fans... you know, mad. It was that prickly fear of change. It's like Pokemon Black and White; people hated it cause it was different. And finally addressing the problem of linearity; play 13-2. It's VERY non-linear.

Not saying the older games are bad, but the hate 13 gets is pretty unwarranted. You can't choose your party members, because people tend to forget that they're on the run from the government. When you get to the Archelyte Steppe, you can because there's no government there and the L'Cie were safe from harm (not counting the hellish beasts and Fal'cie). Hell, you can do it before you fight the main boss for the first time since the team finally regrouped completely. Wouldn't it be pretty stupid to allow your team to be fully accessible and cooperative when they were forced together; when Hope was too much of a pussy to fight and Vanille was too caught up with lying to save Fang to do anything? When Fang wasn't even present, Snow was pretty much AWOL, and Sazh was... Sazh?

Hell, Lightning and Snow were the only ones who wanted to fight for the majority of the beginning. So, it makes sense.

/rant
    @Grit; TL;DR - The game wasn't mediocre. To you, it was. Gameplay isn't a problem when you look at how you would need to react in that situation. Play 13-2. Perfect score on Famitsu magazine. Well worth it.

Sorry for the nerd rage, lol. Had to get that one out there, since people have decided that when FF Game =/= FF7/FF8 = Horrible Final Fantasy game.
    Italy-kun likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The more the derryair merrier, right? Nobody look at the tush ref.

BTW Grit is awesome.

Blog Entries

rant
    I'll just agree to disagree. I just didn't really get into it. Then again, maybe I just prefer battle systems where I can think for as long as I like. Like the Persona and SMT games or Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavanny View Post
    The more the derryair merrier, right? Nobody look at the tush ref.

BTW Grit is awesome.
    Aw, you're cool too! If you meant the dude from Advance Wars, which is the game I've been playing most (Might change now that I have Chrono Cross, though), he's pretty cool too. I actually use Max most, although Sami's good too if you can capture the enemy base quickly enough. Then again, I haven't gotten too far. I dunno how good the other COs are.

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast