Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting. - Page 36

Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Roleplaying Section's General Chat Thread: a thread for...chatting.

Yeah, they're hard to pull off since they demand a lot of work from both GM and players. Simple RPs are great, because they can afford--hell, need--to be much more character-driven. They're less work-intensive, since you don't need to pay attention to a complex world or plot. In that sense, they're very straightforward and approachable.

On the other hand, complex RPs demand a lot of attention and thinking. If you have a huge world and a complex plot with conspiracies and plenty of backstory going on, if you screw up it becomes much more noticeable. And moreover, there's the fine line between deep and engaging storytelling, and railroading. A complex RP plot is essentially a story--but one that demands player involvement. Balancing the needs of the plot and the needs of the player is not very appealing work.

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ooh... There's an RP starting up, and I'm so Arceus-damned excited I've nothing to do with myself!

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

So I was playing Minecraft and I found a cave filled with water that came from nowhere. Wut. But it's all good 'cause I used some to irrigate a farm, so...win.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Aren't I /cool/? Mister Insufferable's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Camp View Post
    So I was playing Minecraft and I found a cave filled with water that came from nowhere. Wut. But it's all good 'cause I used some to irrigate a farm, so...win.
    Lucky bastard, the only thing I find in caves are horrible green hissy TNT on legs.
    Italy-kun likes this.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Oh, I've had my fair share of those little buggers.

EDIT: Cave Johnson is a total jerk. BEST...JERK...EVER!!!!!
    Last edited by Italy-kun; 7th August 2012 at 09:24 PM.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Yun
    Blog Entries

Why is it that whenever you find diamond, there's always a damn creeper?

Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but I've never been around when someone's found a diamond. And I get called a creeper almost every day!
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

I found a diamond once - but only because it broke off of my mom's wedding ring on Christmas Eve. In public in a crowd of people, no less.

No creepers, though...

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Did you find it? By the way, my girlfriend is talking about kids and getting married. I'm down with something long-term, and I love her, but we've only been together for around two or three months. Is this normal?

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Face View Post
    Did you find it?
    Yep. And she got it repaired, but this wasn't the first time it had happened, so she doesn't wear it anymore - just in case. Dad bought her a new ring on their anniversary and she wears that one instead, keeps her wedding ring in her jewelry box.
    By the way, my girlfriend is talking about kids and getting married. I'm down with something long-term, and I love her, but we've only been together for around two or three months. Is this normal?
    Talking about it like... mentioning it? Or talking about it like PLANNING on it?

Either way, yeah, it's pretty normal. In my experience, girls think about these things a lot more often than we do, and she's sharing those thoughts with you. I'd venture to say it's way too soon make any solid plans, though.

Blog Entries

Asking stuff like what we should name our kids. I guess I've been kinda encouraging it, seeing how I asked her if we she'd be down with having a wedding in a church. Excuse me for a minute while I gush over her.
    Anyway, thanks. What's minecraft like, anyways? It won't work on my computer. I hear it's like Dwarf Fortress?

Blog Entries

^ Any girl who can stop me from hunting bears is alright in my book...

Although a girl who actually DID hunt bears would be awesome! Kinda Sarah Palin-esque, though... but is that a bad thing?

Blog Entries

Sarah Palin is pretty hot, but I like Kay more. One of my teachers actually made a joke about her in class. If it helps, Kay does know kickboxing. And she actually said she'd be fine if I went with my uncle seeing as he's been doing it for years. You hunt? I didn't know.

Blog Entries

Lol No, I actually don't hunt. Don't even own a gun, have a hunting bow, though. I'm definitely in the minority out here in the Midwest, probably the only person within twenty miles who isn't a lifetime member of the NRA.

Blog Entries

Ah. I lack a gun as well, although I intend to get one at some point. I'm something of a gourmand, and nothing beats the taste of wild game.

Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast