Roleplaying Game Rules (as of November 15, 2012):
- Authority- Staff (Like myself) > GMs (The people who create the RP, manage the RP, or both) > RPer OF AN RP. While the RP staff is just another RPer in the RPs that we choose to participate in, if we put our mod hats on, that supersedes any authority that the GM has. No exceptions. So, just because you're a GM on your own RP, does NOT mean that you can go in another and start telling people what to do. This also means that Rpers can’t go trying to boss GMs around either. This will earn you anywhere from Pointless Post to Flaming and Baiting.
- Limit of RPs: You are allowed to make up to five RPs. Anymore, and we will warn/infract under the “multiple posting” rule. So, if you have over 5 Rps that you’ve created, you can keep them. From now on, no more than 5 RPs. Private RPs with three or fewer participants do not count towards this limit.
- In order to participate in RPs, you need to fill out a “sign-up” form (the only exception would be if you’re doing a Private Rp with another user). It’s up to the GMs to make (reasonable) posting rules, and that it's up to their discretion.
- All Non-Pokémon RPs must go into the Non-Pokémon RP Subforum unless they are Private Rps. Then, they will go into the Private RP subfourms.
- OOC posting in RPs is up to the GM's discretion. If they wish to keep them out of the RP, they can make a thread for OOC discussion in the Metronome Forum.
- Remember, we have ratings for a reason. Don’t be posting explicit content of any kind. This means things such as rape, sodomy, etc. It is up to the GMs discretion on what is allowed. Also, in some cases, you will be infracted for inappropriate content. In severe cases, we will infract for Severe Inappropriate content and possible further actions will be taken.
- Is there this user that just doesn't quite get what you're telling him to do but you know he really does? Report the problematic posts, and the staff will handle accordingly. Depending on severity, it could be a Pointless Post infraction or a Flaming & Baiting infraction.
- The most important thing is to be nice to your fellow RPers! RPs thrive on cooperation, and if you have an issue with another RPer, you should contact the GM. The GM may then pass on the situation to the forum staff if they see the need for staff to step in. Conflict between players can ruin the experience for everyone involved as a result. If the tension is high enough, this can lead to F&B infractions.
Also... Have fun! :)
If you have any questions, or need help, contact any of the RP staff.