The Journey [Accepting Applications]

View Poll Results: Which region would you like to roleplay in?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

3 30.00%
  • Johto

3 30.00%
  • Hoenn

7 70.00%
  • Sinnoh

2 20.00%
  • Unova

4 40.00%
  • Kalos

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Journey [Accepting Applications]

Default The Journey [Accepting Applications]

The Setting
    The world of pokemon. Incredible to behold! Home of the most mysterious of all creatures.
    In the forests, up in the skies, and in the seas. Pokemon can be found in places all around this world.
    The lives of people and pokemon have been bound together since the beginning of time, sharing the bonds of trust and respect.
    Now we meet the young trainers, who with their partner pokemon, work together to battle and catch pokemon. And for every new pokemon that they meet a brand new and exciting adventure awaits them.

((Literally stole that intro from the beginning of the newest movie.))
    This roleplay will take place in the six regions of the main games: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. Currently we will be located in Kanto. Each character will be a starting trainer, though exactly how old I leave up to each roleplayer. I personally believe it is quite plausible to have a character who may have gotten a late start on becoming a trainer due to various reasons. Or who never even intended to be a trainer and decided to later in life.

Rules
    [x] Read the Story and the Important Information. Both are vital to understanding the setting and to your ability to roleplay convincingly within it.
    [x] Respect everyone, and not just in this Roleplay, everyone. Do not flame, ever.
    [x] Follow your own senses. Don't do anything stupid.
    [x] Respect your thread-masters! If you aren't going to roleplay after applying, please notify your thread-masters so they may prepare in consequence...
    [x] Cursing is allowed, but don't go crazy with it.
    [x] Romance is welcomed, but no farther than that within the RP.
    [x] Please do your very best to stay literate. Unless your character has a strange accent or something. Misspelling words is understandable, but not all of the time.
    [x] We all suffer from writers block at one point or another. Do not let this stop you though. If you must post a one sentence post then so be it. Just try not to make a habit of it.
    [x] Please at least check this thread every other day. We want active members here.
    [x] Inform me/us when you will be gone please.
    [x] Out of Character, OOC, will be posted like such: ((Out of Character post example)).
    [x] If you leave the Roleplay I reserve the right to use/reuse your character within the Roleplay.
    [x] I reserve the right to change these rules at any time.

Important Information

Character Profiles / Applications

Dramatis Personas

Maps

Banners
    Last edited by Stoic; Yesterday at 11:45 PM.

Default Re: The Journey [Accepting Applications]

((Alright. In order to actually get started we need to actually decide on a region to start in. So I want each of our members to post here, in ooc, and rank the regions from 1-6. Then we'll organize them by ranking and our collective Number 1 will be our starting region. Mine are:
    1 Kanto
    2 Hoenn
    3 Johto
    4 Sinnoh
    5 Unova
    6 Kalos))

(( I would say mine are: 1. Unova 2. Hoenn 3. Kalos 4. Johto 5. Sinnoh 6. Kanto. But I'm open and will go along with what everyone else wants))
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Follow -Polaris- on Tumblr

Can i reserve a place?

1. Johto
    2. Kanto
    3. Hoenn
    4. Sinnoh
    5. Unova
    6. Kalos.

But to be fair i like all the regions.

Make my day, Internet. Heartist's Avatar

1) Unova
    2) Kanto
    3) Johto
    4) Hoenn
    5) Kalos
    6) Sinnoh

These are my rankings for the reasons. I've never seen a Unova roleplay on here, and it's my favorite region by far.

1. Kanto
    2. Hoenn
    3. Kalos
    4. Johto
    5. Unova
    6. Sinnoh

I like all the regions. Kanto is little bit special because of Crystal. But the rest almost equally same..
    I have no puppy-eyes and as selfish as a cat.
    But who can resist this cheekiness >:3.

((Well, we've gotten rankings from five people as of so far, though only two of those have sent me an application. And right now our rankings are at:
    1 Kanto
    2 Hoenn
    3 Johto
    4 Unova
    5 Kalos
    6 Sinnoh
    So I think we'll go ahead and go with this. So we'll be kicking this off old school. Kanto for starters, But once we're done or get bored with Kanto we'll be moving on to another region.))

"Good morning, Vahn." Mr. Nielsen said.
    "Morning." Vahn said back.
    "Are you ready to meet your first pokemon partner?" Asked the tall dark skinned teacher.
    "I am." Vahn said, somewhat nervously.
    Mr. Nielsen reached behind him and picked up off of his desk a small wooden case. He held it out before him and opened the lid. Nestled inside on a bed of soft black cloth sat a sphere. Half white and half red with a divider around the middle and a button on the front the pokeball gleamed under the fluorescent lights. Vahn reached out, hesitated, and then laid his palm across the ball. He grasped it and lifted it from the case, then held it up before him.
    "I put a fair bit of thought into trying to choose a pokemon that I thought would suit you. I hope the two of you get along well." Mr Nielsen said.
    Vahn stared at the ball for a moment longer and then cast it into the air. The ball spun for a moment as it sailed through the air and then split open along its seam. A mass of red light spilled out and settled onto the ground. The ball closed again and sailed back into Vahn's waiting hand while the light faded and revealed a pokemon standing on the floor. It was small and a yellow-tan color with large dark almond shaped eyes and a white belly. It had a softly pointed face, rounded triangular ears, small claws, and a thick tail. The sandshrew gazed up at Vahn then glanced at Mr. Nielsen and then looked back to Vahn again.
    "A sandshrew." Vahn said softly gazing at the pokemon, his pokemon.
    "As I said, I hope it suits you." Mr. Nielsen said.
    "No. I mean, yeah. It, he's perfect." Vahn said.
    Vahn squatted down to put himself closer to Sandshrew's level. He reached out one hand but didn't quite reach out all the way to the small pokemon.
    "Hey, buddy. You and I are going to be partners. I hope we can be good friends too." Vahn said.
    The sandshrew looked at him, and then to Mr. Nielsen again. Vahn couldn't see from where he was but the teacher gave the pokemon an encouraging nod. The sandshrew looked back to Vahn again and his outstretched hand. He leaned forward a little bit and sniffed at the proffered hand. After a moment of this he stepped forward and nuzzled his head up underneath the hand.
    Vahn smiled and chuckled a bit. "Yeah, we are going to be good friends, aren't we."
    "Would you care to give him a name? Many trainers simply refer to each of their pokemon by their species, but a lot of others give each of them individual names." Mr. Nielsen explained.
    Vahn paused for a moment and then spoke. "Not yet. We've only just met. So I think we should get to know each other a little better before I decide what to call him."
    "Very well." The teacher reached behind him again and pulled out a small stack of items and papers. "I have here your trainer's liscense, registration for the Kanto league, a badge case, and a pokedex."
    Vahn patted Sandshrew again and then stood. He accepted the items from Mr. Nielsen with one hand and unslung his backpack with the other. He began putting the items away into various pockets and pouches in his pack.
    "Thanks again for doing this for me Mr. Nielsen." Vahn said. "I know it's a little unusual."
    "Nonsense, Vahn. Everybody needs to live their life the way that they think is best. Just because you decided to become a trainer a little bit later than most people do does not mean that you don't have just as much right to do so now as you did when you were younger." The teacher said.
    "Yeah, ten years later than some people." Vahn said with a wry smile.
    "It makes no matter when you start. Many people that become trainers continue their journeys indefinitely. You're plenty younger than many of them."
    "I suppose. Anyway, thanks again though."
    "Anytime, Vahn. Now, you should get started while there's plenty of daylight left. No time like the present, right?"
    "Right." Vahn said with a grin. He glanced down at his sandshrew. "Ready, partner? Let's get going."
    Vahn turned and began making his way out of the Trainer's School. Sandshrew hesitated a moment and then turned and started walking after him. Together the two of them exited the building and emerged into a bright Viridian City morning.
    Last edited by Stoic; 19th December 2014 at 04:24 PM.

((If everyone could send me an updated application suited for Kanto I will get those posted up and we can all get started then.))

Jade's ever-daring gaze landed on the town in front of her. Cerulean, she thought it read.. Looking down to the Axew beside her, she pondered aloud one question to her tusked friend.

"Do you think the regions gonna be different from Unova, Guillotine?"

The Axew seemed to shrug, his olive head turned towards the sign ahead. Eyes wide, he started towards the gate in a tired gait - although excitement radiated from his anxious stare.

"Wait up, Guillotine!" Jade called after her Pokémon, running after the dragon-type hastily.

((Sorry for the short post, I'm a bit out of it today.))

"The next station will be Pallet Town," a soft voice chimed throughout the car. Anna barely registered the announcement as she stared out the window, watching the Kanto countryside race past. Please remember to take all of your belongings upon exiting the train, and we wish you a pleasant day" Noticing others around her begin to collect their things together, Anna was snapped out of her daydream, and looked around to make sure she had all of her belongings. The train ride itself hadn't taken as long as she had first expected, though it seemed an eternity ago that she waved goodbye to her parents at the station back in Goldenrod City. Frowning slightly, she wondered silently to herself if she had made the right decision leaving home to go on a Pokemon Journey. After all she really didn't know much about training or raising Pokemon to begin with, and the Poke-ball she felt in her bag had only been given to her a few days ago.

Anna turned her head back to the window trying to dispel her thoughts of self doubt. "This is what I want to do" she thought to herself, "I'm meant to be a Pokemon trainer" Feeling the train slowing down, she lifted her backpack up to her back and straightened her jacket, making sure her outfit was in proper order. The doors to the train opened with a metallic hum, and Anna stepped out onto the platform in Pallet Town, feeling a soft breeze ruffle the waves of her almond brown hair. Brushing a stray hair out of her face, she made her way to a map of the small town looking for the location of the Pokemon professors Laboratory. Pointing with her finger and determining the lab's location wasn't terribly far away, Anna exited the station, smiling as the sun hit her face.

Vahn and his new partner walked down the street together. Vahn was fiddling with a small hand-held computer device trying to bring up information on the Kanto League, the nearest gym, and how to get to it. Sandshrew was walking along beside him, glancing around at the shops and the people. The diminutive pokemon had been donated to the school by a breeder and had not left the school grounds much at all since coming into its possession so this was the first time he had really gotten out and gotten to see the rest of the town.
    "So, according to what I'm reading here the nearest gym to where we are... is where we are. But this gym won't accept challengers unless they already have seven badges. So I guess we need to go to Pewter City, which is north along Route 2. And we get to pass through Viridian Forest halfway there." Vahn said, then cut off his rambling when he noticed that Sandshrew wasn't walking next to him anymore.
    Vahn glanced back and saw his little pokemon standing outside of a bakery looking in at everything inside. Vahn smiled and walked back to him.
    "You ever been inside a bakery before?" He asked.
    Sandshrew looked up at him and shook his head.
    "You want to?"
    Sandshrew nodded his head vigorously.
    "Let's go then." Vahn said and led the way inside.
    A short while later they emerged with a paper bag full of all kinds of pastries and even some cake and pie. Vahn was letting Sandshrew carry the bag and the two of them walked over to a table that was outside of the shop. The two of them ate together and shared a coffee to wash it down.
    "Well, what did you think?" Vahn asked Sandshrew.
    Sandshrew nodded vigorously again.
    "I'm glad you liked it. You didn't get out of the school much did you?"
    Sandshrew shook his head.
    "Well, stick with me and you'll see all kinds of things. And we'll eat all kinds of tasty stuff. Though we do need to win for that. We can get basic meals for free at the Pokemon Center, but those'll get old fast. So wha d'ya say, Sandshrew, you ready to take on all comers and win our way to the league?"
    Sandshrew nodded again and held up one arm with his claws curled back into a tiny fist.
    "Alright. And I really need to think of a name for you... Calling you Sandshrew all the time feels like just calling some person Human. You got any ideas?"
    Sandshrew shook his head.
    "Well, I'll think on it and run some by you. Let me know when I find one you like. It's going to be your name, you might as well get to make sure you get one you like. Anyway, now that we've gorged ourselves on sugary goodness we'd better hit the road and start working it off."
    The two of them rose, threw away their trash, and began walking north.

((My Sandshrew can speak by the way, and does. I'm just not bothering to write it out since there haven't been any other pokemon in my posts so far to understand him.))
    Last edited by Stoic; 20th December 2014 at 12:24 AM.

To say Pallet Town was small was something of an understatement. Granted, being from Goldenrod City, every other city seemed small to Anna. It had only taken her about 20 minutes to walk from one end of the small town, where the train station was, to the other end, where the Pokemon Professor's laboratory was located. Attempting to rehearse what she needed to say in her head, she felt in her pocket to make sure the note from her father was still there. She recalled back to earlier in the day before she left, when her father had written a note for the Pokemon Professor in Kanto requesting that she receive a Pokedex, and be entered into the Kanto League to take the Pokemon Gym challenge. He had explicitly told her not to lose it, and make sure she give it to the Professor. Remembering his instructions caused her to frown once more, she wasn't a child and didn't want her dad to act like she still was.

Anna stopped at the base of a hill, looking up to what appeared to be the largest building in town, before noticing the small sign on the gate next to the stairs up to the building itself. "Oak Pokemon Research Lab" she muttered silently, "Guess I'm in the right place". Looking up once more, she began to climb to the stairs and upon reaching the top she knocked on the door, saying "Hello? Professor?"

After scrounging up enough pocket change to buy a train ride to as far as Pewter City, Jade boarded the car she was supposedly assigned. Arriving at her destination, she visited the nearest Pokémon center to get a map of this foreign region. As she opened up the map, her Axew crawled onto her shoulder, wondering what she was looking at.
    "Look's like we're in.. Pewter City? Yeah, that's it... Oh! Pallet Town has a professor, maybe we could get some guidance there!"
    With more energy that previous, the duo made their way through Viridian Forest and furthermore arrived in the larger city.

After resting a bit, Jade continued along the forest path. Emerging into the quaint little town, Jade sought out the largest building and made a beeline for the doors. Calming herself from her energetic frenzy, she saw another person there. Slowing down almost immediately, she hid by the stairs and hoped the person would leave.

((I am going off of a semi-animeish feel for this where the towns and cities are much larger than they are portrayed in the games, but I still think that the only rail line would be the one between Goldenrod and Saffron. Although I had an idea that could work to explain how you got to where you are, in fact you wouldn't have had to stop over a town in advance of your destination. Pidgeots. A group of trainers that have raised up pidgeots and fearows and maybe even the very occasional charizard or dragonite and offer their services for a small fee to fly individuals from one location to another. Not as comfortable as a car or train, but probably cheaper and able to get you to more places faster. What do you guys think?))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast