YouTube Embed: "Scripts/ActiveX Controls"

Thread: YouTube Embed: "Scripts/ActiveX Controls"

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default YouTube Embed: "Scripts/ActiveX Controls"

Recently, I've taken to messing around with HTML, drawing from the code I used in an old four-page "website" I made for an online Web Design class some time ago. I've always wanted to make my own website one of these days, and I figured I might as well get some practice in.

One step of this practice involves embedding a YouTube video onto an HTML file. But by just kinda throwing the embed code in there without altering it much (just changed the iframe's dimensions to 960x540, that's it), whenever I open the page on Internet Explorer, the browser always automatically stops the video from loading, claiming the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Explorer
    Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls.
    It's not completely crippling, but it's certainly annoying, having to press the "unblock" button and refresh the page every time I open it to see the changes I make to it. I also get the feeling that it's avoidable, since embeds on the Forums never give me such a hassle. That's what I'd like to know. Is there a way I can embed a YouTube video without it trying to run those unfavorable scripts/ActiveX controls and getting blocked as a result?

Thanks in advance.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: YouTube Embed: "Scripts/ActiveX Controls"

UPDATE: Found out it had something to do with me using an unposted HTML file rather than an actual website. That's definitely good to know.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums