Your "HOLY CRAP!!!" Moments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your "HOLY CRAP!!!" Moments

Merry Christmas :D BadAssGardevoir's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Your "HOLY CRAP!!!" Moments

Like the title says, what are some moments from games that made you say "HOLY CRAP!!!" or left you to pick up your jaw from wherever it landed on the floor?

I'll start with the one that inspired me to write this thread: while playing a fan-made game I shall not name, I was just wandering around the grass in of the routes when suddenly... *BAM* wild F***ING LATIOS! Needless to say, my jaw was instantly on the floor. I mean, I knew Latios was in this game, seeing as all Pokémon are (I think,) but I didn't know you could find it at the point that I found it at, with my highest level 'mon being a level 12 and without any in-game indication that it was there at all. Just... Holy crap.

Anyways, enough (shorter than usual) rambling from me, over to you next poster.
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 3rd August 2014 at 12:25 AM.
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!!!)

Claims: Zorua, Night daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising) and the songs Don't Ever Forget (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky) and Rising Sun (Okami).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your "HOLY CRAP!!!" Moments

Mine was in Pearl when I was training Pokemon just south of Veilstone City. I was leveling up Pokemon when I saw a stray path. When I realized that it led to the FOURTH LAKE, I was still shock. So, I got my main team and headed toward the lake.

Basically, the whole time and past Giratina, I still said HC
    I love cats and all things cute!
    With that said, let's all cheer for our favorite cat Pokemon!
    X Friend Safari: Abra, Espurr, and Duosion

Happy Holidays! Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

MOD NOTE: Take any holy crap moments from any Pokemon game here on out to the ""What the....?" moments!" thread over in video games. And keep this thread strictly non Pokemon since there's already a thread for Pokemon specific moments.
    X: Dolce, αS: Nina
    FC: 4554 - 1270 - 5039

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Just earlier today actually. I was continuing my Frederick's Family Run of Fire Emblem: Awakening (where I'm using only Frederick, his wife and kid, and the family of the kid his kid marries) and doing chapter 2. Frederick freaking got a 1% CRITICAL and then leveled up with +1 in HP, strength, defense, speed, and resistance. I was like HOLY WOW HOT DAMN! :D

Freddy knows I love him a lot. <3

The most notable FE moment for me after that though, has to be that time I was playing through Path of Radiance and Ike was low on HP and I accidentally left him in range of a heavy foot knight (who uses lances which have an advantage over Ike's sword). Ike went on to dodge the guy's attack and then critical the crap out of him. ^^ I was like "OMG WE LIKE IKE!"

One of mine happened in Xenoblade.
    Basically, I was exploring Gaur Plain and I came upon a shrine area. I saw a red orb by the cliff side and so I ran over to retrieve it.... and then a giant spider appeared.>_>

Story wise, I'd have to include the endings to 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. That's all I'm gonna say.
    Last edited by spiderbrush; 8th August 2014 at 11:49 PM.

the ending of Bioshock Infinite. I won't spoil the end, as it's something people should experience for themselves(and it's pretty complicated to explain), but the ending is basically the big "everything makes sense now" part of the game, as all the little pieces of the "puzzle" you collected throughout Infinite's story finally come together to complete the most mind-blowing ending i've ever experienced, and will most likely be notable in due time for being one of the best endings in a video game.
    Well, that happened.

Ravio essentially being Link's counterpart. I know this is really quite minor, but I totally didn't see it coming and in video games, I usually never get terribly surprised, since I have an incredible knack for guessing events (i.e Ghetsis's revelation, Robin being Grima, etc.)
    It also finally answered my question of "Where is Lorule Link?" Also, as every time in a game with RNG where I actually get good RNG. My luck is usually so screwed it's honestly easier to, say, count the number of crits that I've taken than regular hits.
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

PM me if you wish to add me as a friend on the 3DS!

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14, of the Relic Crown and Enigma Stone on 5/17/14, and most especially Arcanine on 7/5/14! Also, I claimed Tiki and Robin from Fire Emblem, but that doesn't matter too much. Oh, wait, there's also the Hookshot, Dragonstone, Thoron, and Crusader Blade. I have way too many claims...

Blog Entries

This one is sort of a mix between a "YES!!!" moment and a "HOLY CRAP" moment: I was attempting to get the gold medal on a particular challenge in New Super Mario Bros. U's Challenge Levels, with the challenge in question being a timed challenge in which I had to reach the goal within thirty seconds to get the gold medal. Guess how long it took.... If you guessed exactly 30:00 seconds then you guessed right.

Claims: Zorua, Night daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising) and the songs Don't Ever Forget (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky) and Rising Sun (Okami).

「GENESIS BLADE」 ScarletSky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't be loud enough to go "HOLY CRAP!!!", but a few moments I've had closest to such a thing...

- Seeing N's Castle appear for the first time in Black Version.
    - Resurrection Butterfly in PCB.
    - Seeing how hard the Deadlords hit in Fire Emblem: Awakening, after mistaking them for generic mooks with fancy weapons. (RIP half the team.)

Just recently completed my 26th tour of duty on operation 2 cities in TF2 and and one of the pieces of loot I received for completing it was an australium eyelander, which is currently the most valuable australium weapon on the community market! I won't be selling it though.
    Currently looking for friend safaris with the following pokemon: pansage, minccino, vullaby, sneasel, inkay, or ditto.
    PM me specifying which game you added me to if you choose to add me.

Pokemon Y
    FC:4253-4196-7377 with an electric type friend safari containing dedenne, electabuzz, and galvantula.

Pokemon X
    FC:2680-9307-5167 with a fire type friend safari containing pansear, slugma, and fletchinder

Blog Entries

This... Thing from Metroid Prime 2: Ecoes qualifies as a "HOLY CRAP" moment:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 250px-emperor_ing_1.jpg  

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch Capricious Equilibrium's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just.... this trailer. Platinum Games... just take everything I own except my body, a pair of clothes, my electronics and 99.99% of my other things...

If that doesn't count...
    HUGE SPOILERS!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meta_Knight View Post
    - Seeing how hard the Deadlords hit in Fire Emblem: Awakening, after mistaking them for generic mooks with fancy weapons. (RIP half the team.)
    If you have a good defensive Chrom with Resistance +10 and Ageis,all you need is a thief to pair with him.I've been farming weapons using this strategy,but I have Inigo to take out the Deadlords.

-Beating Sonia on Chapter 26x on Fire Emblem,then realizing my thieves are dead.
    -Getting supports that I want.And getting to the chapters Pent and Lousie can talk.Big shocker in the Light Part 2.
    -Beating chapter's I'm stuck on.
    -Getting a villager I want.
    -Getting a villager's picture.
    -Eloise pinging me.
    -Seeing Skulltula's in Twilight Princess for the first time.
    -Learning MU is Grima.
    -Seeing how cute Hector's portraits are.

"No… I’ll do it. I have no intention of seeing anyone else die!"
    I have claimed Hector,Bass.EXE,Wolf Beil,Ragnell and Falchion!

Blog Entries

The boss of that F***ING Wind Temple from Zelda: Wind Waker is pretty much a "HOLY CRAP!!" moment... I won't spoil it for you, but I will say that it's pretty terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittypaws View Post
    Mine was in Pearl when I was training Pokemon just south of Veilstone City. I was leveling up Pokemon when I saw a stray path. When I realized that it led to the FOURTH LAKE, I was still shock. So, I got my main team and headed toward the lake.

Basically, the whole time and past Giratina, I still said HC
    What about Purrloin and Liepard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast