WPA2 Network= incompatible for DW/Online?

Thread: WPA2 Network= incompatible for DW/Online?

Default WPA2 Network= incompatible for DW/Online?

Hey, i have dire news D: (well, for me i guess ). My family switched over from a WEP address (which i had the key for so i could connect to Wifi-room, and all things online for pokemon) 2 days ago and now instead of being a network that is a WEP, its a WPA-2 type. This has REALLY screwed me up since the password is only 6 letters/numbers because we set the password ourselves, and a WEP is supposed to be only 10 numbers.

Is there a way where i can tell my DS to STFFFUUU! and say that i have a WPA-2 and make it ask for that instead? As in, instead of needing for me to input a WEP key it will just auto-ask for the WPA-2 key?

Or hell, if im going in the wrong direction...what do i do now that i've switched networks?:/

what ive tried:

I looked at both boxes we have for the routers and what not and they only have about 7 codes that all have 15 numbers.letters in them, and none of what i tried out of them worked.

I tried connecting to the old connection we had just as a last ditch effort because I WANT MY GOD DAMN SHINY RAIKOU BACK THAT I GOT THE DAY BEFORE, DAMNIT >:(.

I tried praying, and im atheist >.<

I tried putting in the name of the network and seeing if it would just pick up the key, it did not.

please, help me oh knowledgeable ones!

Oh, and we switched from at&t u-verse back to comcastrophy so we have different types of boxes.
    my White (YEAAH) FC is 1978 9945 1110.
    my Platinum (YEEAAHH) FC is 4813-8180-5926

^^^^^^ All of the times my wifi has gone out mid-trade reactions.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: WA-2 Network= incompatible for DW/Online?

Buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter for the PC, or get a DSi, or get into your router and change it to WEP.

Also, which DS do you have? A DS or a DSi?
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter for the PC, or get a DSi, or get into your router and change it to WEP.

Also, which DS do you have? A DS or a DSi?
    I have a DS lite. And how much does an adapter end up costing me for a good solid one?O.o ive seen prices ranging from 30 bucks to in the 800s.

Blog Entries

DS Lites are incompatible with WPA2 encryption; there's no way to get a field to enter the encryption key because it wasn't designed to work with WPA2 at all.

As Gligar13 suggests, you'll either need to find a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Adapter (these are no longer available from Nintendo directly, and I don't believe many retailers would have them in stock, either), or set the encryption on your network back down to WEP.

And if you still play a Gen IV game at all and want to go online with it, even if you did have a DSi, you wouldn't actually be able to use a WPA2 connection. Black and White are the only Pokemon games currently able to do this, and even then it has to be in tandem with one of the handhelds (DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS) that support WPA2.
    Last edited by TM2-Megatron; 19th April 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    DS Lites are incompatible with WPA2 encryption; there's no way to get a field to enter the encryption key because it wasn't designed to work with WPA2 at all.

As Gligar13 suggests, you'll either need to find a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Adapter (these are no longer available from Nintendo directly, and I don't believe many retailers would have them in stock, either), or set the encryption on your network back down to WEP.

And if you still play a Gen IV game at all and want to go online with it, even if you did have a DSi, you wouldn't actually be able to use a WPA2 connection. Black and White are the only Pokemon games currently able to do this, and even then it has to be in tandem with one of the handhelds (DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS) that support WPA2.
    damn. Well, thanksa alot bro