Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A) - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

Registered Music Geek Meloetta23's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

Quote Originally Posted by ルカリオ View Post
    I'm assuming that, by this, you have wireless connectivity through other devices (computers?)... if that's the case, make sure that you've set up your wifi using WEP, and not WPA or WPA2. Another suggestion is, if you have SSID hiding on the router turned on, to turn it off momentarily to see if the DS can connect to it then.

Also remember that a WEP key is either a 10- or 26- hex-digit code. If you have a passphrase, you'll need to see what the equivalent is in hex (should be in the router's WEP settings page).
    Well I set up the Wi-Fi on my Wii using WPA2 and it works just fine. So what makes that different from the Wi-Fi on my DS?
    ~Meloetta23's Song of the Week~

When You Say You Love Me- Josh Groban
    When you say you love me
    The world goes still, so still inside, and
    When you say you love me
    For a moment, there's no one else alive

The DS doesn't support WPA2, only WEP, which is a nuisance.
    "My trainer is different from other trainers. My trainer is in the bottom percentage of trainers. Okay bye." - Pikachu
    Claimed 24/11/2012
    Are you a Pokéfur? If so, come to http://www.pokefurs.net !

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

OK, so I just got a laptop and I couldn't get the wireless internet to work. It turns out that it needs WPA to work so I had to change the settings from WEP to WPA. But, my DS needs WEP so I can trade with people. Is there any way to change my settings on either my laptop (to work with WEP) or to change the settings on the DS, so that works with WPA?

I know HOW to change it on my router settings, so don't explain that to me. I just want to know if it's possible to use both laptop + DS with either WPA or WEP?

If you have an answer for me, if you could quote or @ tag me that would be great. Thanks!
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzle. View Post
    OK, so I just got a laptop and I couldn't get the wireless internet to work. It turns out that it needs WPA to work so I had to change the settings from WEP to WPA. But, my DS needs WEP so I can trade with people. Is there any way to change my settings on either my laptop (to work with WEP) or to change the settings on the DS, so that works with WPA?

I know HOW to change it on my router settings, so don't explain that to me. I just want to know if it's possible to use both laptop + DS with either WPA or WEP?

If you have an answer for me, if you could quote or @ tag me that would be great. Thanks!
    That's very unusual, that your laptop won't work with WEP... out of curiosity, what operating system is on it?
    And, the DS definitely can't support WPA, it was released before WPA existed - so you'll need to get your laptop to work with WEP.
    "My trainer is different from other trainers. My trainer is in the bottom percentage of trainers. Okay bye." - Pikachu
    Claimed 24/11/2012
    Are you a Pokéfur? If so, come to http://www.pokefurs.net !

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ルカリオ View Post
    That's very unusual, that your laptop won't work with WEP... out of curiosity, what operating system is on it?
    And, the DS definitely can't support WPA, it was released before WPA existed - so you'll need to get your laptop to work with WEP.
    My router was set to WEP before I got this latop a few days ago (so I could use it with my DS). We couldn't get the wireless internet to work (wired would work, obviously) so we had to ring the technical support line for it, and in the end, after many failed attempts, one of the guys figured out that it was router was set to the wrong thing and needed to be WPA for it to work. So now I can either use one or other, it seems, because when it was set to WEP it just wouldn't connect, but I'm not sure if there is some way to change it so that it does work (the tech guy didn't say, and I don't want to ring them for a fourth time, in all honesty).

What is the operating system/how do I find it out? I don't really know all that much about stuff like this to be honest.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

I don't have a static IP address and I think it might be why I can't connect to Wi-Fi with my DS. I've tried all the recommended things in your walkthrough, and it hasn't helped, so do you know of anything I can do about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345