Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A) - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66

Thread: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Western Australia (☆w☆)
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    I've connected to Nintendo Wi-Fi several times with my Pokémon HeartGold Version before. Its worked fine earlier this year, lets just say about July,(I was trading Pokemon on GTS) sometimes the Wi-Fi would cut off randomly and I'd go back to the GTS with the lady at the counter. Before I got a new modem my old modem wasn't working properly and sometimes the internet would cut off, but my Wi-Fi still worked. Now I got a new modem, however, when my Wi-Fi connection does a 'test connection' it always fails and comes up with the Error Code: 51303:
    Error code 51303: No accessibility point in range. I've looked on the Wi-Fi website I tried some of the options it said but it didn't work. Sometimes when the DS is finding the USB connector it may connect however, most of the time it fails. I've tried modifying the settings on the internet connections and Wi-Fi connections too. However still no result that it's working. If anyone has a similar problem or knows anything please reply if you can.

    I have two screen shots of Wi-Fi saying Not Connected and Connected..

    PS: Even though it says connected it just does not work.

    Thankyou.

    PPS: It would be greatly appreciated if a reply will be sent WITHIN 14 DAYS BEFORE October 30, 2010. You all know why, MEW!
    Once again thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frm00001.jpg   frm00002.jpg  
    Last edited by TyranitarGirl; 16th October 2010 at 01:41 AM.

  2. #32
    Lexio Luxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    597
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by MegamanDX View Post
    i have to ask you guys something about Wi-Fi when i try get on a Wi-Fi network with my DS,when i try to connect it shows the bars are full for about 1 min. then the bars go to red and i cant connect, i dont get it..is it some joke for people to laugh at to people who dont have Wi-Fi like me(i will try to get the error code tomarow)
    Not really sure what you're referring to here, hope you can get that error code soon. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by BanditKeith
    i have the same problem, my error code is 52000 and the problem only exists with Pokemon Black and White, i need to get back online, it worked fine until this week
    Really wish I could help here, but my knowledge on Black & White is absolutely minimal. To our knowledge, connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi on Pokemon Black & White has the exact same method as DPPt and HGSS. If the Error Code solution on the original post doesn't help, let me know what you've tried.

    Quote Originally Posted by EonMaster
    Wi-Fi fucked up.... Yet Again...

    This thing is pissing me off so much right now...

    I now have Error Code 52003

    It says my IP adress needs to be evaluated or some shit...

    Why is this happening?
    Okay. You said that Wi-Fi fucked up 'yet again' which indicates that for a brief period it was working successfully and is now back to disconnecting? Which indicates that Trend Micro is hating on you for some weird ass reason. AdAware, Spybot, Spy Sweeper, Sygate and Trend Micro are the six anti-viruses that completely block Nintendowfcreg.exe (which is your USB Wi-Fi dongle). It's really best to just uninstall Trend Micro, install the USB Connector and then reinstall Trend Micro. If it doesn't work after that, consider getting a different anti-virus I'm afraid. :<
    I'm unfamiliar with the IP address reevaluation though, I'll need to see what it says to help with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by ツタージャ★
    I've connected to Nintendo Wi-Fi several times with my Pokémon HeartGold Version before. Its worked fine earlier this year, lets just say about July,(I was trading Pokemon on GTS) sometimes the Wi-Fi would cut off randomly and I'd go back to the GTS with the lady at the counter. Before I got a new modem my old modem wasn't working properly and sometimes the internet would cut off, but my Wi-Fi still worked. Now I got a new modem, however, when my Wi-Fi connection does a 'test connection' it always fails and comes up with the Error Code: 51303:
    Error code 51303: No accessibility point in range. I've looked on the Wi-Fi website I tried some of the options it said but it didn't work. Sometimes when the DS is finding the USB connector it may connect however, most of the time it fails. I've tried modifying the settings on the internet connections and Wi-Fi connections too. However still no result that it's working. If anyone has a similar problem or knows anything please reply if you can.

    I have two screen shots of Wi-Fi saying Not Connected and Connected..

    PS: Even though it says connected it just does not work.

    Thankyou.
    Okay, well firstly I think the reason you kept blipping out around and after July was because this was the brief period when many, many people (mostly in North America) were complaining of issues with Nintendo Wi-Fi actually working, many people were disconnected after a short period and some couldn't play entirely - this appears to have of cleared up.

    Assuming your router is in the same place as your last one (which according to yourself worked fine, aside from Wi-Fi), I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be connecting properly.

    However, you'll be pleased to know that I think I have a solution for you - this may be pretty hard to follow so I'll keep it as neat for you as I possibly can, if you don't fully understand, by all means respond. I think your router is using the same IP address as your USB Connector, which is usually 192.168.0.1 or .1.1, this needs to be adjusted slightly, so do this:

    1. Log onto your router on your internet browser (assuming you know how to do this, if not go to Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig/all > type 'IP Address's number into Mozilla or whatever).

    2. Start > Control Panel > Network Connections

    3. Right click on the connection that corresponds with the one that the USB Dongle is using.

    4. You need to ensure that 'Obtain the address automatically' is ticked and not 'Use the following IP address'. This will separate the two.

    5. Test the connection.

    If this doesn't help, respond, I have four more options to help fix it.

  3. #33
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Heya,
    I'm having a bit of a problem at the moment. Currently, I had the standard HUAWEI EchoLife G ADSL2+ Router provided by TalkTalk (My internet provider), which has a default WPA Setting. I decided to try and change it to WEP last week, when every usual hotspot in town kicked out my DS Lite. I managed to connect, download Mew, and go on the Global Link with my Japanese Pokémon White.

    Currently, I can connect using my Nintendo DSi; although it can be temperamental. However, my DS Lite still gives me constant 52100 and 52200 errors. I've tried manual set up, I've tried going through my IP range and trying out every darn IP I can. Is there anything I can do?

    And if not, perhaps a new router might help? If so, what one would you recommend?

  4. #34
    Lexio Luxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    597
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    Heya,
    I'm having a bit of a problem at the moment. Currently, I had the standard HUAWEI EchoLife G ADSL2+ Router provided by TalkTalk (My internet provider), which has a default WPA Setting. I decided to try and change it to WEP last week, when every usual hotspot in town kicked out my DS Lite. I managed to connect, download Mew, and go on the Global Link with my Japanese Pokémon White.

    Currently, I can connect using my Nintendo DSi; although it can be temperamental. However, my DS Lite still gives me constant 52100 and 52200 errors. I've tried manual set up, I've tried going through my IP range and trying out every darn IP I can. Is there anything I can do?

    And if not, perhaps a new router might help? If so, what one would you recommend?
    Hi Ryu.

    Let's not be rash and discuss a new router just yet, hopefully we can rescue it and avoid you wasting your money.

    Given that you mentioned managing to connect, downloading Mew and saving the world from eternal turmoil, as well as discussing the temper of your Nintendo DSi, I'd have to say that I really do not think it is your internet connection at all, especially with a router as successfully fortified as Huawei's. Let's dicuss anti-virus and firewalls. What do you have?

  5. #35
    Lovin the beach Surferboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,626
    Blog Entries
    57

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Wi-Fi again. :l

    back to 52103. What you said earlier didn't work.
    My 1394 connection didn't work I press repair and this comes up
    TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection. Cannot proceed.
    Last time I had to do a system restore to get it working again. What can I do without this happnening?
    By the way the reason this happened is because Trend Micro had a system restore and my mum wont let me remove it because it costs her money.
    Friend Code X is:

    3840-6649-9157

  6. #36
    Lexio Luxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    597
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Wow. I'm at a loss here, I really don't know what to suggest, I'm sorry.

  7. #37
    Lovin the beach Surferboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,626
    Blog Entries
    57

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxio View Post
    Wow. I'm at a loss here, I really don't know what to suggest, I'm sorry.
    Damn. Now I have no where to go. :(
    Friend Code X is:

    3840-6649-9157

  8. #38
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxio View Post
    Hi Ryu.

    Let's not be rash and discuss a new router just yet, hopefully we can rescue it and avoid you wasting your money.

    Given that you mentioned managing to connect, downloading Mew and saving the world from eternal turmoil, as well as discussing the temper of your Nintendo DSi, I'd have to say that I really do not think it is your internet connection at all, especially with a router as successfully fortified as Huawei's. Let's dicuss anti-virus and firewalls. What do you have?
    My anti-virus is AVG Free 9.0. As for my Firewall, I've tried turning it off etc, and still nothing.

    I went into town today and scouted all the Wi-Fi hotspots around the centre of the town, and even "The Cloud" Wi-Fi connections, other blue, unhinged locks, and those that let me connect in the past, won't let me connect, I keep on getting error messages. The signal will rise as it's connecting, then suddenly drop.

  9. #39
    HAS RETURNEEEEDDD!!!! AlexandraTheZoroark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Southeastern Wisconsin, US
    Posts
    1,430
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    I have an AT&T router, so I'm not sure what to do when my game won't connect. I'll be getting Pokemon Diamond for my 12th birthday this year, annd I want to know what to do when my DS Lit won't connect to WiFi (Which doesn't usually happen, but it's best to be prepared)
    Formerly LucarioGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    I am writing a paper on dakimakuras.

    I've only written four paragraphs, but it's already five pages long...
    deviantART|Scratch|YouTube|Fanclub

  10. #40
    Lovin the beach Surferboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,626
    Blog Entries
    57

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    I probably have the worst luck with Wi-Fi
    The connection line for the USB is disabled for some reason.
    I try to re-enable it though when I do it says connection failed.
    What can I do to reconnect the Wi-Fi?
    EDIT: Thats fixed but ow I seem to always get error code 51099 and it says my DS is to far away to connect although it is about 30cm's away.....
    The signle is not going anywhere....
    By the way I have just broken the planet..... I have a DS lite
    EDIT EDIT: The Error Code keeps switching between 51099 an 50099this problem seems more like 50099 but sometime it comes up with 51099 then switches back they both say the same thing when the codes come up.... what is wrong?
    Last edited by Surferboy; 26th October 2010 at 01:58 AM.
    Friend Code X is:

    3840-6649-9157

  11. #41
    Lexio Luxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    597
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji
    My anti-virus is AVG Free 9.0. As for my Firewall, I've tried turning it off etc, and still nothing.

    I went into town today and scouted all the Wi-Fi hotspots around the centre of the town, and even "The Cloud" Wi-Fi connections, other blue, unhinged locks, and those that let me connect in the past, won't let me connect, I keep on getting error messages. The signal will rise as it's connecting, then suddenly drop.
    Hi. Unfortunately, AVG has this effect on many people, but you appear to have a free version, so it may be worth replacing it with another freeware protector? AVG does block a lot of people's Wi-Fi connections off, but others not, in correspondance to their router. Might I suggest you uninstall it if you are willing and trying something like Spybot or Ad-Aware, both of which the links are safe and function very similarly to AVG. If after this fiasco, still nothing, post and we will take further steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by LucarioGirl
    have an AT&T router, so I'm not sure what to do when my game won't connect. I'll be getting Pokemon Diamond for my 12th birthday this year, annd I want to know what to do when my DS Lit won't connect to WiFi (Which doesn't usually happen, but it's best to be prepared)
    I'm sorry, but at this juncture, it could be a number of things. Assisting in fixing a connection problem that firstly happened yet and secondly could be due to various factors is a bit too much of a guess. Ultimately, hopefully any number of solutions are in the original post.

    Quote Originally Posted by EonMaster
    I probably have the worst luck with Wi-Fi
    The connection line for the USB is disabled for some reason.
    I try to re-enable it though when I do it says connection failed.
    What can I do to reconnect the Wi-Fi?
    EDIT: Thats fixed but ow I seem to always get error code 51099 and it says my DS is to far away to connect although it is about 30cm's away.....
    The signle is not going anywhere....
    By the way I have just broken the planet..... I have a DS lite
    EDIT EDIT: The Error Code keeps switching between 51099 an 50099this problem seems more like 50099 but sometime it comes up with 51099 then switches back they both say the same thing when the codes come up.... what is wrong?
    Your issue is most strange. What router do you have? (not sure if you already posted it?) Also, you didn't break it yet, that applies to Lite's and XL's. :P

  12. #42
    Lovin the beach Surferboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,626
    Blog Entries
    57

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxio View Post
    Hi. Unfortunately, AVG has this effect on many people, but you appear to have a free version, so it may be worth replacing it with another freeware protector? AVG does block a lot of people's Wi-Fi connections off, but others not, in correspondance to their router. Might I suggest you uninstall it if you are willing and trying something like Spybot or Ad-Aware, both of which the links are safe and function very similarly to AVG. If after this fiasco, still nothing, post and we will take further steps.


    I'm sorry, but at this juncture, it could be a number of things. Assisting in fixing a connection problem that firstly happened yet and secondly could be due to various factors is a bit too much of a guess. Ultimately, hopefully any number of solutions are in the original post.



    Your issue is most strange. What router do you have? (not sure if you already posted it?) Also, you didn't break it yet, that applies to Lite's and XL's. :P
    oh well it fixed itself! :D
    Thanks for your help.
    Friend Code X is:

    3840-6649-9157

  13. #43
    Lexio Luxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    597
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    Quote Originally Posted by EonMaster View Post
    oh well it fixed itself! :D
    Thanks for your help.
    That was secretly me. Glad it's working again.

  14. #44
    Mouthful of Bees NoirTHECHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri
    Posts
    633
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    does the ds lite support wpa connections??
    Saudade

  15. #45
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,008
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

    no it only works with WEP

    I also have some advice. Make sure your Router dosent have that thing where your IP address randomly changes. If you dont know how to check, google it or ask your Parents to check and make sure. Im pretty sure that was my problem before, its fixed for now. A good idea is looking up your IP info and writing it down on a piece of paper.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 2nd November 2010 at 09:54 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •