Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A) - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wireless Connection Problems (Q&A)

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunderbolt View Post
    Don't know if this is the right spot, but I use no$gba to play a Platinum ROM (which is basically my way of having a Shoddy Battle for the Battle Frontier). I know all of my hardware connections are perfectly fine and usable, but I don't think it's possible for n$gba to even SEE or pick up any network connections. Is there any way for it to use my computer's Wireless NIC to pick up my router's signal? o.o
    Well, this answer is taken from No$GBA's website.

Quote Originally Posted by No$GBA's website
    No$GBA emulator wifi support is not implemented for ds roms so No$GBA emulator wil not make a connection like wifi DS. No instructions on how to connect to wifi with No$GBA at this time. No$GBA wifi setup or wifi plugin for NoGBA emulator on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
    Basically, no.

I've just had an error code when trying to use the Wi-Fi connection, and hope this is the right place to post it.

Upon trying to connect to the Wi-Fi club to trade with my Soul Silver, I keep on getting the error code 20110, which apparently means that 'the game you are attempting to connect online with is no longer supported by the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection'. I also seem to be having trouble connecting to the GTS. I haven't heard anything about Wi-Fi support being discontinued for Soul Silver, and it seemed to be working fine yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way to fix it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Seems like the Wi-Fi service might have just been messing up (it later went onto being temporarily down for everyone, apparently), and it seems to have fixed itself now.
    Last edited by Apathy; 26th August 2010 at 10:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    I've just had an error code when trying to use the Wi-Fi connection, and hope this is the right place to post it.

Upon trying to connect to the Wi-Fi club to trade with my Soul Silver, I keep on getting the error code 20110, which apparently means that 'the game you are attempting to connect online with is no longer supported by the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection'. I also seem to be having trouble connecting to the GTS. I haven't heard anything about Wi-Fi support being discontinued for Soul Silver, and it seemed to be working fine yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way to fix it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Seems like the Wi-Fi service might have just been messing up (it later went onto being temporarily down for everyone, apparently), and it seems to have fixed itself now.
    Your alteration confused me a little, do you have still a problem with it?

Your alteration confused me a little, do you have still a problem with it?
    No, it seems to be fine now. Apparently it might have been a universal problem due to the Wi-Fi service messing up yesterday.

Blog Entries

This thread has been updated once more with the inclusion of a few more error codes, an addition to MAC Filtering, general tidy-up and reiterated a few explanations. <3

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, basically my internet is wpa security encoded, i know i can connect with a dsi, but not with the old games. So my question is, if i get a dsi, will it let me connect via wi fi with my soul silver game?

thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimiinthesky View Post
    Okay, basically my internet is wpa security encoded, i know i can connect with a dsi, but not with the old games. So my question is, if i get a dsi, will it let me connect via wi fi with my soul silver game?

thanks
    No. Things installed onto the DSi BIOS itself (such as the DSiWare titles) will work with WPA and WPA2, but the older games will only work with WEP due to compatibility.

Blog Entries

I have error code 52103 and it says I should see Except device Program in the Exception List. But that doesn't come up.
    I have disabled everything but still no luck.
    I have Trend Micro spyware. Whats wrong with it?
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    No. Things installed onto the DSi BIOS itself (such as the DSiWare titles) will work with WPA and WPA2, but the older games will only work with WEP due to compatibility.

Dang :/ okay thanks

i could also use some real help with the nintendo usb connecter thing. it's supposed to let you play online with a ds if you have a wpa connection, but it doesn't work on macs? however i saw somwhere in a forum that you can download software which means it can work? if anyone can explain more throughrally i would be very greatful

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EonMaster View Post
    I have error code 52103 and it says I should see Except device Program in the Exception List. But that doesn't come up.
    I have disabled everything but still no luck.
    I have Trend Micro spyware. Whats wrong with it?
    Hey EonMaster. I only ever used Trend Micro 2008 and I no longer have it, so I might be a bit off, but let's see if this helps.

Open up Trend Micro's Interface > Virus & Spyware Controls > Settings > Advanced Settings > 'Ignore specific files' > Select > Wi-Fi Connector Thingy from the dropdown list (which you have to find). Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by jimiinthesky
    i could also use some real help with the nintendo usb connecter thing. it's supposed to let you play online with a ds if you have a wpa connection, but it doesn't work on macs? however i saw somwhere in a forum that you can download software which means it can work? if anyone can explain more throughrally i would be very greatful
    Hey Jimi.

You essentially need a lump of software for dongle to work on your Mac, but aside from that it will work on a Mac. Although BootCamp is widely used, I'd strongly suggest using Atheros, at this link. That should eliminate any further problems you have. That being said, I'll say it now and now only; the Wi-Fi USB Connector is a complete hassle. oTL

Blog Entries

okay, so if i download that, and get one of the usb dongles, it would work? sorry i'm a complete noooooooooooooooooob with added o's when it comes to tech stuff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimiinthesky View Post
    okay, so if i download that, and get one of the usb dongles, it would work? sorry i'm a complete noooooooooooooooooob with added o's when it comes to tech stuff
    With any luck, yes. Lemme know how it goes.

Blog Entries
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

i have to ask you guys something about Wi-Fi when i try get on a Wi-Fi network with my DS,when i try to connect it shows the bars are full for about 1 min. then the bars go to red and i cant connect, i dont get it..is it some joke for people to laugh at to people who dont have Wi-Fi like me(i will try to get the error code tomarow)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanDX View Post
    i have to ask you guys something about Wi-Fi when i try get on a Wi-Fi network with my DS,when i try to connect it shows the bars are full for about 1 min. then the bars go to red and i cant connect, i dont get it..is it some joke for people to laugh at to people who dont have Wi-Fi like me(i will try to get the error code tomarow)
    i have the same problem, my error code is 52000 and the problem only exists with Pokemon Black and White, i need to get back online, it worked fine until this week

Blog Entries

Wi-Fi fucked up.... Yet Again...

This thing is pissing me off so much right now...

I now have Error Code 52003

It says my IP adress needs to be evaluated or some shit...

Why is this happening?
    Friend Code X is:

3840-6649-9157

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast