Wii U Discussion - Page 4

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Wii U Discussion

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Default Re: Wii U Discussion

Honestly, though, I know the controllers will probably be $150 if they were ever sold (I imagine with a game), but I really hope the system can sync and use at least 2 (or if possible 4). There is just too much stuff that you can do with two of them vs. 1, not even including the casual appeal of playing two separate games at a time (which should be day1 the goal). For example, Mom wants to play Wii Fit, but Dad wants to play Madden, while Jimmy wants to check his rankings in Ghost Recon (I guess that would be really taxing on the system if it is only a bit more powerful than current gen, but..) Since they Have 2 controllers, problem solved! Dad takes the TV, mom takes one to the bathroom near by so no one sees how much she weighs, and Jimmy sits on the couch fiddling with the App.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

i hope they let you buy controllers individually for about 50$...
    That's a very nice post you have there...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zhwoobatte View Post
    i hope they let you buy controllers individually for about 50$...
    They probably will let you buy them, but they won't be selling that well unless someone finds out how to make them work on the PC, like with Kinect.

Wii controllers will still be made for it, just like how PS2 controllers worked for the PSX.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    And my position on that can be found here and here

So in short, what we know now is:

(1) They made a controller that they're completely considering allowing the 3DS to fill its role when you want more, which begs the question, why did they not just do it with the 3DS in the first place or try the DS for the Wii

(2) The only thing the system itself has that's setting itself apart from the Wii is HD, which doesn't set it apart from the other old-gen systems, and would certainly pale in comparison to any Xbox 360 or PS3 successor.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 15th June 2011 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    And my position on that can be found here and here

So in short, what we know now is:

(1) They made a controller that they're completely considering allowing the 3DS to fill its role when you want more, which begs the question, why did they not just do it with the 3DS in the first place or try the DS for the Wii

(2) The only thing the system itself has that's setting itself apart from the Wii is HD, which doesn't set it apart from the other old-gen systems, and would certainly pale in comparison to any Xbox 360 or PS3 successor.
    Nintendo wanted to push it as a gimmick, to repeat the success of the Wii, while the 3ds used the 3d gimmick to sell consoles, even though the Wii had poor third party support.

Besides, not as many people knew about Remote play or the GBA-Cube link, even though games like 4 swords or FF Crystal Chronicles used the GBA for an alternate screen for 4 player epicness.

Blog Entries

Follow Sapphire on Tumblr

Well...it sounds great. But I doubt I may be able to get one. The controlers alone are sure to be quite expensive. And this coming from the girl who doesn't have a 3DS because she can't afford one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Nintendo wanted to push it as a gimmick, to repeat the success of the Wii, while the 3ds used the 3d gimmick to sell consoles, even though the Wii had poor third party support.
    The thing about that though, is that Sony and definitely the XBox have started in on the casual market, meaning Nintendo doesn't hold a monopoly on it anymore, after all, that's what the Wii's gimmick attracted. And now, the iTouch, iPhone and iPad are basically what I consider to be casual 'gaming' systems. Nintendo needs to sell itself to the hard core crowd now since the casual market isn't exclusively theirs, and I think their showcasing of their third party support was an attempt at that. However, after seeing the limitations of the WiiU, I start to wonder how much different it would be from the Wii considering you only get one WiiU controller, and the fact that, as far as we know, the Wii Motion Plus isn't being planned to become built-in in future iterations of the Wii mote. I guess it can still work on two-player campaigns, but the idea of still having to split the screen in multiplayer when they advertise a fusion of the individual experience and the 'we' experience is just awful. I hope they find a more efficient way to send the images from WiiU to WiiU controller, because even just a second WiiU controller would make this so much better.

Besides, not as many people knew about Remote play or the GBA-Cube link, even though games like 4 swords or FF Crystal Chronicles used the GBA for an alternate screen for 4 player epicness.
    Which just goes to show, rather than developing on what they had in the past, they decide to rebrand it under the name of innovation. I mean, the WiiU controller is only really different from the 3DS by not having a 3D screen and being bigger.

Im not sure about it anymore, Maybe Nintendo is getting to its use by date,idk.

Its sort of stupid that you can only use one remote.Does that mean only 1 player games are produced?

Blog Entries
    Last edited by The Outrage; 17th June 2011 at 05:20 PM.

I think that confirms that the controllers are going to be pricey.At least you can use 2 if the game lets you...

Blog Entries

I think the features were confirmation enough of its price.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Today I was playing OoT 3DS and it got me to thinking...

Wii U Zelda game where the TV screen is your typical 3D Zelda game whereas the controller displays a top-down classic style 2D Zelda game (well, 3D in terms of graphics), and you have to go back and forth to defeat the game. Kind of like what Four Swords Adventures did.

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

^^ Sounds plausible. But, I don't see how that'll work out. I mean, shouldn't the touchscreen on the Wii U controller be something like the bottom screen of Ocarina of Time for 3DS? You can quickly switch items and look at the map that way. So I think that's more likely.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Blog Entries

I'm definitely going to acquire this one. The new controller is incredibly innovative, I'd say more than the Wii's probably. But even though I am going to get it, I still don't respect Nintendo's decision to make their new console NOW. On one hand, it's pleasing to the masses to have a console released after all these years, but on the other hand, it's stupid to release their console so long before Sony, Microsoft, and whatever other competitors there may be do. It's like with the Genesis and SNES, the console that is released later is always more advanced. Of course, Nintendo is still going to have the most sales because it will have the most time to be sold.
    Please click my eggs!!

Credit for the awesome avatar goes to Allen Walker!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast