Wii U Discussion - Page 17

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Wii U Discussion

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wii U Discussion

It's kinda strange that fans have been wanting a true survival horror game for years now, yet this game, which granted their wish, is getting mixed reviews from both the U.S. and the U.K.

Princess in trainin' Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    It's kinda strange that fans have been wanting a true survival horror game for years now, yet this game, which granted their wish, is getting mixed reviews from both the U.S. and the U.K.

Playing the game yourself is the only way to know for sure Ghetsis. I say that cause even with bad reviews I never let them kill what I have an interest in.

Now looking at the available titles for the Wii U, personally I'm putting off buying one till the release of Bayonetta 2 is known, or better yet out since that game's the reason I want the system. >.>;

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Erin View Post
    Playing the game yourself is the only way to know for sure Ghetsis. I say that cause even with bad reviews I never let them kill what I have an interest in.
    It does to me, because reviews are just as important as profit to determine the fate of a franchise or company. Besides, negative opinions/vocal minorities bring better points than positive opinion/vocal majority.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

It does to me, because reviews are just as important as profit to determine the fate of a franchise or company. Besides, negative opinions/vocal minorities bring better points than positive opinion/vocal majority.
    Actually, no. While it's true reviews do affect what people want, if you see a game you really want, but has been tarnished by bad reviews from Gamespot and Metacritic, will you buy the game, or will you stick to their opinion and not buy the game?

And if the game becomes a cult classic later on and it cannot be found, then the game got in a Earthbound-like situation.

Hero of the South Beausoleil's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Beausoleil on Facebook
    Follow Beausoleil on Tumblr

It does to me, because reviews are just as important as profit to determine the fate of a franchise or company.
    No one makes games to appeal to reviewers, they make games to appeal to its target demographic. If it turns a profit with that demographic, then it is a success regardless of reviews. Same with most media.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Perhaps some reviewers thought the game may not have been well made.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    Actually, no. While it's true reviews do affect what people want, if you see a game you really want, but has been tarnished by bad reviews from Gamespot and Metacritic, will you buy the game, or will you stick to their opinion and not buy the game?
    Metacritic doesn't do game reviews, they only find any existing-review on a game to make the percentages. It'll depend if the review in question is from a trustful game website.

And if the game becomes a cult classic later on and it cannot be found, then the game got in a Earthbound-like situation.
    But cult classic usually means it involves hipsters, who despise overrated products and only love underrated products. I don't want that, I just want a game to be a classic from all demographics.

Anyway, I'm hearing that Nintendo is going to release a patch for the Wii U next week to fix the freezing issue.

Blog Entries

I like Zombi U. Sure it has it's issues but I didn't expect perfection and it fits my preferences nicely. I can see why reviews are split though, honestly.

Scribblenauts Unlimited is a time eater, I love it. I tried making an Espeon with some success.

The gamepad is pretty heavy compared to standard fare but the design fits nicely in your hand and so it feels light when you don't have to use the touch screen. Some games use the extra screen ingeniously (I'm looking at you, Nintendo Land's Luigi Mansion minigame). And of course being able to play a console while roomie watches our only TV is always a plus.
    Last edited by Gaga; 21st November 2012 at 09:59 AM.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

I got a Wii U, now updating to latest update.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It has been confirmed that the Nintendo TVii is coming to Europe, sometime around 2013, by Nintendo UK: Link

Also, there's a rumor going around about a possible Mini Wii: Link

I know that it's not about the Wii U, but it's still interesting because (if the rumors are true that is) it's being released on the 7th of December, one day after the Wii U is released in Japan. I guess Nintendo might still support the Wii with games and other stuff. Plus, since the Wii U can use the Wiimote and Nunchuck, I wouldn't be surprised to see some games for both Wii and Wii U.

EDIT: Found this comment on youtube about the large update:

You do realize that can download the slow Wii U update in the background right? When the console asks you if you want to update the firmware, don’t do it. Instead, just click cancel. The update will then download in the background. if you’re prompted again, it should be saved in your system.
    Hope it helps everyone.
    Last edited by Tophat Dragoneye; 26th November 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Back when the MiiVerse was hacked, one game title was seen called "Yoshi's Land Wii U" within the Miiverse system.

Now Future Shop and Best Buy have up placeholders for it...

I so HOPE this is true.

Registered User CandyCaneNanami's Avatar

Sadly Tvii has been delayed for USA and the UK till 2013 but is out for Japan this year. Kinda weird since Japan is the last to get wii U you would think the USA and UK would get the feature before.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617