Wii U Discussion - Page 14

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Wii U Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wii U Discussion

I'll most likely be getting the black pack as well, if I can find it anywhere. I hear that most pre-orders for it are sold out.

Blog Entries

Wow... Already? That's crazy. I should maybe convince my family to pre-order it so we don't have to get it too late. XD

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Since it's 300 or 350 dollars, I don't think Im going to buy a Wii U straight away, I do agree it looks like a cool console however. I like the black Wii U, but it's a bit too pricey at this time. Also, there weren't any games announced that make me want to get it straight away.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

This is going to be a launch title:

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I am really amazed at the effort the hardware developers put into making the tech efficient, durable and compact. Naysayers would say that Nintendo's being lazy for "underpowered" tech, but the interview would imply otherwise. After all, they have their own philosophy to follow, and it works out for them very well. I also find their cooling tech very fascinating, because this is new stuff for me.

It makes me glad to love Nintendo.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

I think I shall wait, at least until better games get released. New Super Mario Bros. U won't hold my attention for that long.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Honestly, aside from the major 3rd party games (I'll be getting Black Ops 2 for it if I can get the system) my biggest excitement is Dragon Quest X. It got rave reviews in Japan, and while Dragon Quest doesn't have the fanatical following in the United States like it has in Japan, I'd be very surprised if we didn't see the game translated and released elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    I'm thoroughly entertained by the people who are freaking out over the Wii U only having 8 GB of storage. Let's look at why this ridiculous:

1. The Wii had 256 MB of storage. A 32x increase is fine.
    2. You don't need to install games on the hard drive.
    3. You can use any external hard drive with the console. Non-proprietary hard drives are cheaper than proprietary ones.
    There's an issue with this depending on the kinds of games you might have. A game like Skyrim would eat all the memory the system had because it requires a 5gb install, as well as the multiple MBs that save games can accrue. While it's true that games don't need to always install to the hard drive, a larger storage space is always a positive.

I fully expect that future versions of the Wii U will have vastly larger storage space, if Nintendo follows the trend of its competitors. PS3 started at 32 gigs, and now they're up to 320 gigs.
    Last edited by Eredar Warlock; 13th October 2012 at 03:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

A fun tidbit of info regarding the Wii U's controller.

Can You Use the Wii U Gamepad on the Toilet?

In the latest Iwata Asks feature on Nintendo's website, some of the key men involved in the design of the upcoming console's quirky controller get talking about one of the most important elements of the pad: its range.

Being a wireless controller, and one that you can use for more than just playing games on your TV, how far it'll work away from the Wii U is actually as pretty big deal. And while Nintendo's Bill Trinen last month said in an interview with 1UP there had once been an optimal distance of 24 feet, Nintendo's own technicians are a little more...elastic.

Sticking to the basic mantra of "it will be fine within the same space", the designers (and Iwata himself) remind you that there are a number of factors affecting the controller's range, like what your walls are made of and even whether you have your Wii U in a "a metal TV stand", which is a problem because "it may deflect the radio waves thus reducing its usable range".

That's not to say it won't work in adjoining rooms. Iwata himself recounts:

Playing at Yamashita-san's house worked with one wall in-between! (laughs) When asked "Can I use it in my bedroom?" we can say that it would work within the same space when there is nothing in the way, but basically it depends on how your house is constructed, so we have to ask that you test it in your own home.
    Fair enough. The first thing I normally do with a new console is play a game on it, but I guess this time around it'll be a game of "can I use this while taking a dump".
    Source: http://kotaku.com/5952386/can-you-use-the-wii-u-gamepad-on-the-toilet

My roommate will be buying the Premium/Deluxe Wii U, which he is going to let me use; he'll be buying Assassin's Creed III and New Super Mario Bros. U, so I'll get a sneak-peak, before I take the plunge, myself.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Had anyone seen the latest Nintendo Direct? It basically features some Wii U good stuff like Wii U Chat, some details about Mii Plaza, Nintendo Network accounts, and (awesomely) Iwata unboxing the box. It's really fun, as expected from a Nintendo Direct, because there are some quirky stuff they did that you don't exactly expect from professionals. For example: Iwata wearing gloves to reveal the contents of the Wii U Premium Pack box, and the chat between Iwata and Reggie (shippers may have a field day with this one).

This here is the link to some of the segments with English subtitles: Nintendo Direct | Misc. | Nintendo
    Here is the Original version: Wii U本体機能 Direct 2012.11.7 プレゼンテーション映像 - YouTube
    (Original also includes coverage of the Karaoke service and New Super Mario Bros. U)

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best Buy has some WiiUs if you live in the USA to play it.

It's kinda mehish. If you own a 360/ps3, you might as well stick to that and wait till MS and Sony come out with their new x86 octo core based consoles.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've just read on Polygon on how to transfer Wii data to the Wii U, along with a list of what you can transfer. Here's the article and link to it: Link

The process for transferring data from a Wii to a Wii U is outlined in the console's instruction manual, which Polygon received today alongside a review unit of Nintendo's new hardware.

The process is somewhat similar to the transfer process between Nintendo's handheld devices, but requires a couple of extra steps. First, users must insert an SD card into the Wii U to initiate the process using the console's Wii System Transfer application. After starting the process, the user must put the same SD card into their Wii, and download another transfer application from the Wii Shop Channel. That app will move data over to the card, which must be put back into the Wii U, at which point the Wii data is moved to the console, and deleted from the card altogether.

The data that can be transferred in this way includes:

Wii Software save data
    WiiWare and save data
    Virtual Console titles and save data
    Add-on content
    Wii Points
    Wii Shop Channel activity
    Mii characters

We'll have more information about the Wii U over the next few days as we familiarize ourselves with the new hardware. Stay tuned!
    I didn't expect Wii points to be transferable, but it's a big plus for me if you happened to have some unused points in the Wii. Besides the Shop Channel activity and Wii points, I expected the rest to be transferable.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Would this also mean that there's still a chance for Brawl and PBR to be transferred to the Wii U?

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Would this also mean that there's still a chance for Brawl and PBR to be transferred to the Wii U?
    You mean their sava data and such? I think there's a good chance since it says "Wii software save data". I mean, since Virtual Console and Wiiware is mentioned to be transferable, why not the rest?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast