追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wii U Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    World Exclusive: Wii U Final Specs - VGleaks

Specs just got leaked.

It's going to have a Tri Core PPC, 1gb of ram (which will go to the controller), a DirectX 10 GPU (No typo), and of course 8gb flash storage, No HDDs or anything.

Amazing specs....for 2005.
    Specs are of no importance to Nintendo; it's really the experience they're bringing to their console. Besides, video game graphics may not reach beyond its Xbox specs even with Unreal Engine 4.
    http://www.gameguru.in/features/2007/23/xbox-vs-wii-a-comparative-analysis/

Not only did the xbox 1 push better graphics (Doom 3, Halo 2, HL2, Far Cry, etc.), but many Wii games were half assed wagglefests. Sure, there were Wii games that managed to look like late Xbox 1/PS2 games, but there was also tons of crap released, like the CoD ports.
    Just like the PS2 and the original NES. You can always expect a lot of shovelware on the most popular console.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Just like the PS2 and the original NES. You can always expect a lot of shovelware on the most popular console.
    The Nintendo Seal of approval prevented shovelware from being released on the NES.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on specs. Nintendo's been clear that they're not focusing on specs. We don't even know what the hardware for its competitors will be like. A major graphical upgrade for consoles could be a risky venture for both hardware makers and AAA publishers given the current state of the industry.
    Ghetsis-Dennis and Gaga like this.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Wii U stuff revealed at Nintendo Direct.

Wii U will have 2 GB of ram (1GB for system memory, 1GB for games), and it also has 25 GB for a disc. The speed is 22.5 MB/sec disc read rate.

There's also going to be a Premium Pack with 32GB HDD, a HDMI cable, an AC Adapter for the Wii U game Pad, and stands. And the normal stuff (Wii U and Gamepad) The regular one just has the Wii U and Gamepad, and 8GB HDD. The regular is 26250¥, and the premium is 31500¥. The premium also has a special Nintendo Network thing which gives 10% back on digital purchases.

And, finally, as said by Bulbanews, Wii U is to be released at December 8th, 2012. In Japan.

UPDATE: Wii U is to be released at $300 for the basic pack, and $350 for the deluxe/premium pack at US. For Europe, the price is determined by retailers. It's to be released at November 18th in North America, and November 30th, 2012 in Europe.
    Last edited by John Understands; 13th September 2012 at 09:33 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Japan's getting this console first? Does this mean the U.S. won't get theirs until later that month or early next year, if there's ever going to be a next year?

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

For the Wii, it was released in the US before Japan got it. I wouldn't be surprised if the same was for the Wii U.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Japan's getting this console first? Does this mean the U.S. won't get theirs until later that month or early next year, if there's ever going to be a next year?
    It will release in North America on November 18.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

^ *coughWiicough*

The price looks pretty reasonable rather than the rumored underpriced $199. Once again, I may not be getting it on launch date due to the possibility of being sold out everywhere like the original Wii did.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

I'm thoroughly entertained by the people who are freaking out over the Wii U only having 8 GB of storage. Let's look at why this ridiculous:

1. The Wii had 256 MB of storage. A 32x increase is fine.
    2. You don't need to install games on the hard drive.
    3. You can use any external hard drive with the console. Non-proprietary hard drives are cheaper than proprietary ones.
    MegaCharr likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    I'm thoroughly entertained by the people who are freaking out over the Wii U only having 8 GB of storage. Let's look at why this ridiculous:

3. You can use any external hard drive with the console. Non-proprietary hard drives are cheaper than proprietary ones.
    And thats why im getting the Wii U,first its comes with specs like a computer tower but meant for gaming and the TV of course and the Wii didn't have the hardware performance I wanted.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanDX View Post
    And thats why im getting the Wii U,first its comes with specs like a computer tower but meant for gaming and the TV of course and the Wii didn't have the hardware performance I wanted.
    My laptop has 6 GB or ram and 450 GB of memory. Many desktops more powerful. The Wii U doesn't come close to a computer.

Blog Entries
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanDX View Post
    My laptop has 6 GB or ram and 450 GB of memory. Many desktops more powerful. The Wii U doesn't come close to a computer.
    The Wiii U has 2GB of RAM,the same type of graphics card as this laptop im using right now(the Wii U will have AMD Radeon HD GPGPU while this laptop has AMD Radeon HD grapics card),an 8-32GB HDD(hard disk drive like what most laptops and towers have)and im not sure but I hear that it may take BD(Blue-ray disks) like disks....

Ok ok...I wont lie on this one,the Wii U compares to a 2002 computer tower...

Im just happy that I will finally have a home console since I haven't used on in 10 years(all of mine are in storage)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Amazon.co.uk are awesome.

In June, they put the black Wii U up for pre-order for £199.99. They cancelled it.
    In September, they did it again for the space of 2 minutes. People who pre-ordered during that time were given that price as part of the price guarantee.

I, miffed off that the only difference in circumstance was the date, emailed Amazon. At first they said I wouldn't get a price reduction. So then I tried again, telling them that other people are getting the discount (and proving it) and now I'm getting the Premium Edition for £200.

That's good customer services.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Not only that but I prefer to buy a console like this for 350 euros instead of 500 cause it has a hard disk drive spiking the price up.

Blog Entries

I think just $50 more for a 32GB Internal memory is fantastic. The black also looks cooler in my opinion. I know which pack I'm getting.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast